Beyblade Random Thoughts

(Apr. 24, 2009  8:53 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: I thought this could be fun for Beyblade stuff that doesn't really deserve its own thread but isn't a question.

I don't think I'm going to use either of my Aries ... they're just too valuable. I will probably sell them and rebuy them when Hasbro inevitably releases them for $8. Pisces value seems to be rising as well.

Have any of you succeed on launching like one of the anime?
(Feb. 03, 2020  5:38 AM)Sev Wrote:
(Apr. 24, 2009  8:53 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: I thought this could be fun for Beyblade stuff that doesn't really deserve its own thread but isn't a question.

I don't think I'm going to use either of my Aries ... they're just too valuable. I will probably sell them and rebuy them when Hasbro inevitably releases them for $8. Pisces value seems to be rising as well.

Have any of you succeed on launching like one of the anime?

You replied to a 2009 post lol. Just to answer: unless we're using a life-size stadium similar to the anime, I don't think anyone can do those outlandish anime launches correctly and effectively. Closest we can do are the sliding shoot and the normal steady launches. Do the anime-style launches on tournaments and you're sure to lose and probably be banned in succeeding events

*Beyblade is life weebs who will say otherwise are inbound in 3..2...1*
I has a question...
I’ve been noticing recently that there was another X’ that was released in a RBV after the original X’ found in yamiterios,
Can someone please tell me which RBV it is? I know I have it, since I’ve bought the full set of every RBV since Beat Kukulkan... but I haven’t opened all of them...
It’s in Random Booster 15, the green Dead Hades 8’ Expand Xtreme’.
Guys, Venom Devolos D5 is on Amazon but not for sale yet! I think it means that it's gonna be out in not so long.
https://imgur.com/jdKXlQn
i like the design of cyclops, and want to knw if there is a disc or tip capable of incresing his burst resistance
Hi, since it's a stamina type layer but has bad slopes (according to what you say) and weighs like a dual layer you should choose a pretty light disc and a proper frame (4/5cross). In my experience with Hasbeys, among all the performance tips available, every Defense i have (4 or 5) is very tight. Or you could go with Atomic-S, on my Turbo Spryzen it's even hard to turn but i only have one At-S so i don't know if i just got lucky. Then you could try Eternal-S with Outer as the disc or Bearing.
I’m amazed at how the dynamics of how beyblade has changed over the years. The first was the best anime and the coolest blades in my opinion, and that really laid the foundation for what we have now. I love metal fusion, but it seems like burst is the same top design almost except without the bit beast.
I now calculate 64,431,931 possible Beyblade combinations, should the calculation involve the use of every single part introduced up to GT, level chips, metal god chips and Mugen drivers as well as the BigBang Armor (especially the Burn Phoenix and Op’ driver in random booster vol. 19). This represents the success of TakaraTomy’s production of Beyblade Burst combinations, having skyrocketed phenomenally since GT, eventually increasing to about the hundred thousands every time a new bey part is released. This also involves performance tip, frame, disc and layer performance changes as well as Cho-Z Awakenings as long as the user can willingly activate it. Should the performance mode be no longer accessible to them and can no longer be willingly reactivated (e.g. the imperial base and Variable/Evolution drivers), the mode will not be counted. Other performance changes such as the Bullet driver detached before battle or the Revive Armor and Dead Armor detached from either Revive Phoenix or Dead Phoenix before battle are not counted as they may not qualify on WBBA official tournament rules (If that’s even real).

By the way, I am picturing that the sixth series of Beyblade Burst systems will involve dramatic changes to how the bey will perform, one most notable thought being the ability to change an energy layer’s performance before each battle, mixing up the way Beyblades perform and creating much more random battles other than the same battle you get when both bladers attempt to sliding shoot perfectly.
Guys, if you remember Yo Gabba Gabba, you may get this.

The yellow germs in the song "Tiny Ugly Germs" looks like Master Diabolos (Right spin)
After about an hour of my Evolution driver being forgotten on my Mugen stadium, it's worn down to a ball shape, it's kind of unreliable in terms of movement, but mostly defensive.
I walked in Target today (which doesn't even have buster xcalius yet) and there was judgment joker and venom devolos LOL
(Feb. 08, 2020  2:18 AM)Odin master2376 Wrote: I walked in Target today (which doesn't even have buster xcalius yet) and there was judgment joker and venom devolos LOL

Probably should’ve bought them. You can’t find them in any other stores. Also, what’s funny about that?
That they still haven't released the early slingshock beys
(Feb. 08, 2020  2:24 AM)Odin master2376 Wrote: That they still haven't released the early slingshock beys

Ah, I see.
(Feb. 08, 2020  2:18 AM)Odin master2376 Wrote: I walked in Target today (which doesn't even have buster xcalius yet) and there was judgment joker and venom devolos LOL

Seriously?!?! My target is full of those xcalius’, and doesn’t have the others!
(Feb. 09, 2020  2:27 PM)DaGoldenPenguin Wrote:
(Feb. 08, 2020  2:18 AM)Odin master2376 Wrote: I walked in Target today (which doesn't even have buster xcalius yet) and there was judgment joker and venom devolos LOL

Seriously?!?! My target is full of those xcalius’, and doesn’t have the others!

Different parts of the country seem to get releases at totally different times. The Cincinnati area where I live, for example, gets everything so late that some places are already getting the next wave.

Sometimes we get spotty releases as well, and some things become stupidly hard to find when new until the new stuff starts to look so old that they want it out of their inventory and make it super common. I have yet to see Engaard or Geist Fafnir double packs, for instance, even though Hypersphere Wave 1 somehow got through to us about a month ago.

Don't even mention how many old beys there are around here either. Wyvron W3 is still common as ever around here, which I guess at least means I'll never run out of Hasbro Atomics.
(Feb. 09, 2020  2:55 PM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Feb. 09, 2020  2:27 PM)DaGoldenPenguin Wrote: Seriously?!?! My target is full of those xcalius’, and doesn’t have the others!

Different parts of the country seem to get releases at totally different times. The Cincinnati area where I live, for example, gets everything so late that some places are already getting the next wave.

Sometimes we get spotty releases as well, and some things become stupidly hard to find when new until the new stuff starts to look so old that they want it out of their inventory and make it super common. I have yet to see Engaard or Geist Fafnir double packs, for instance, even though Hypersphere Wave 1 somehow got through to us about a month ago.

Don't even mention how many old beys there are around here either. Wyvron W3 is still common as ever around here, which I guess at least means I'll never run out of Hasbro Atomics.
Lucky. Bet he has better Burst resistance than hazard

Since they've already done a list for the Original, they've done one for Burst too.

Nothing amazing, but in case Burst fans are curious about it.
With the arrival of Bigbang Genesis, I now own at least one copy of every single TT part currently available.

This is a lot of parts.
I just realized:

We have a POM Defense Driver Friction

We have a POM Stamina Driver Yielding

But we have no POM Attack nor Balance at this time.

Would an attack-type with a POM tip be a game-changer, or is rubber still going to dominate attack setups?

I think POM would make both Attack and Balance tips have better stamina as well, enough to still go toe-to-toe with Defense
(Feb. 12, 2020  4:36 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: I just realized:

Would an attack-type with a POM tip be a game-changer, or is rubber still going to dominate attack setups?

I think POM would make both Attack and Balance tips have better stamina as well, enough to still go toe-to-toe with Defense

POM on an Attack Driver would be amazing for Tornado Stalling, although arguably worse than Iron.
(Feb. 12, 2020  4:37 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
(Feb. 12, 2020  4:36 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: I just realized:

POM on an Attack Driver would be amazing for Tornado Stalling, although arguably worse than Iron.

Really? Like for example the tip would be something like Impact but instead of regular plastic it will have POM and still have the rubber portions, would that seem feasible? 

If tornado stalling, I keep on imagining either a Destroy or Zephyr but with POM. Decreased friction due to the material would probably be nice and sustain stalling longer, but it would possibly become less KO resistant as well. Iron did have the perfect circular tip like Accel but it was probably not of the same circumference as it or Zephyr hence it doesn't do much better? 

I mean, Jaggy had, well, jagged design that didn't necessarily have the stamina nor power to sustain stallling, but Sword was much worse especially with those two metal protrusions obstructing its spin time (not counting its horrible Burst resistance too), so I don't think a jagged POM tip would make a difference.
(Feb. 12, 2020  5:11 AM)Rouzuke Wrote:
(Feb. 12, 2020  4:37 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: POM on an Attack Driver would be amazing for Tornado Stalling, although arguably worse than Iron.

Really? Like for example the tip would be something like Impact but instead of regular plastic it will have POM and still have the rubber portions, would that seem feasible? 

If tornado stalling, I keep on imagining either a Destroy or Zephyr but with POM. Decreased friction due to the material would probably be nice and sustain stalling longer, but it would possibly become less KO resistant as well. Iron did have the perfect circular tip like Accel but it was probably not of the same circumference as it or Zephyr hence it doesn't do much better? 

I mean, Jaggy had, well, jagged design that didn't necessarily have the stamina nor power to sustain stallling, but Sword was much worse especially with those two metal protrusions obstructing its spin time (not counting its horrible Burst resistance too), so I don't think a jagged POM tip would make a difference.

Accel is already pretty good for Tornado Stalling in Classic, so a Driver of similar size with POM would have worse acceleration and more Stamina than Accel, which could make it pretty good. The thing is that Takara Tomy has been making much more elaborate designs, so a POM Attack Driver might have some elements that change it for the better. It could have a rotating dish, like Destroy, which would make it a bit worse for Tornado Stalling, but better with a tilt launch and with better LAD. The could also make it slightly shorter than normal Drivers, which would make it easier for the Layer to receive a direct Attack when it's closer to the edge, with the benefit of destabilizing same-spin combos. POM is not as smooth as metal, so it would make for an interesting material choice on an Attack Driver, but it would wear down quickly to the point where it's calmer, although there's always a possibility that it's better than Iron if it has good Burst resistance and a free-spinning dish for LAD.
(Feb. 12, 2020  5:31 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
(Feb. 12, 2020  5:11 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: Really? Like for example the tip would be something like Impact but instead of regular plastic it will have POM and still have the rubber portions, would that seem feasible? 

Accel is already pretty good for Tornado Stalling in Classic, so a Driver of similar size with POM would have worse acceleration and more Stamina than Accel, which could make it pretty good. The thing is that Takara Tomy has been making much more elaborate designs, so a POM Attack Driver might have some elements that change it for the better. It could have a rotating dish, like Destroy, which would make it a bit worse for Tornado Stalling, but better with a tilt launch and with better LAD. The could also make it slightly shorter than normal Drivers, which would make it easier for the Layer to receive a direct Attack when it's closer to the edge, with the benefit of destabilizing same-spin combos. POM is not as smooth as metal, so it would make for an interesting material choice on an Attack Driver, but it would wear down quickly to the point where it's calmer, although there's always a possibility that it's better than Iron if it has good Burst resistance and a free-spinning dish for LAD.

Huh, strange. I was under the impression that POM was the smoothest/slickest material made so far in Burst Drivers, making it the most ideal material for sharp tips to maximize stamina. In that case, how come Wedge sucks more than Yielding in stamina?