Beyblade Random Thoughts

(Jan. 19, 2020  11:03 PM)DaGoldenPenguin Wrote: They're just stadiums. TT stadiums are carp, especially since most of my Beyblades don’t even fit in the holes

To extrapolate on what everyone else has said further, Hasbro stadiums tend to be significantly disadvantageous towards Attack types in some way. This could be through the Slingshock rail system being too big of a drain on Stamina and making Attack types useless once they no longer have enough power to make it up the rails, or the general shape of the stadium itself. Hasbro's plethora of angular shapes for regular stadiums really do make Attack types far harder to use and provide awkward corners for beys to get caught in, and the bumps in the middle that Hasbro likes to introduce interferes with attack patterns as well as reducing the damage Defense and Stamina types can deal to each other. Though they're fine for casual play, they do not work well in a competitive environment because they favor some strategies over others.

In the basic TT standard type stadium its round bowl shape allows any driver to perform the same without any weird corners to get caught in or bumps messing with the battle, with a tornado ridge aiding mobile drivers in control. The pockets were perfectly sized for the original basic/dual layer beys and some God beys as well, and though they're too small nowadays they are still wide enough to be fair without giving Attack types too big of an advantage. Though I do admit I would like a new type of stadium with deeper pockets for their newer beys, the overall design of the stadium is excellent. Though boring and basic, nothing else is nearly as well rounded for each type of strategy.

Really, that's all it boils down to: The TT standard stadium is just the most fair stadium around and favors no strategies over the others. That's exactly what tournament play is about, as it makes it far more about skill, from launching to part selection, and far less about playing around each stadium's strengths and weaknesses or all the strange shapes Hasbro releases.

(Jan. 19, 2020  11:05 PM)DaGoldenPenguin Wrote: Also, why is it that my leopard works better as a defense type than an attack type

Most Attack types need shapes that can produce heavy recoil to be effective, with a few exceptions like Twin Nemesis' Upper Attack slopes. Angular shapes with enough relief to hinder self-recoil (or some manner of coping with its own recoil, such as Judgement's rubber burst stopper) work best for this, but Vice Leopard is basically a small toothy circle. The contact points it has are too small and far too close together to provide any offensive recoil to damage opponents with, so its attack power is incredibly low.

Though far from optimal its fairly rounded shape does give it some decent Defense, though its Stamina is atrocious and its spikey edges limit its usefulness. It's enough to be fair-to-midland for Defense, though held down terribly with its terrible Stamina. Nothing to write home about or consider for anything remotely competitive unless you really need anti-Attack and have no other options to speak of.
If the random booster 19 prize bey is Burn Phoenix, we’ll probably get a remake of that rare blue version in corocoro or a lottery
I have no clue what I've just seen, nor do I know if that's an actual serious test or not.
What Are Some Good Websites To Buy Beyblades?
(Jan. 24, 2020  3:19 AM)WayoftheBey Wrote: What Are Some Good Websites To Buy Beyblades?

Well, there's Ever-wish(High shipping prices though), Four-Gaming.com, Amazon, and Ebay.
How come Takara Tomy haven't made any solid white Beyblades since plastic gen? We've had various shades of pearl white, milk white, transparent, etc but never a proper white like Dragoon.
(Jan. 24, 2020  8:58 AM)silly_snake Wrote: How come Takara Tomy haven't made any solid white Beyblades since plastic gen? We've had various shades of pearl white, milk white, transparent, etc but never a proper white like Dragoon.

Aside from the plastic gen remakes like Dragoon Victory, isn't the Hajime Syacho Cho-Z Valkyrie pure white [#FFFFFF (255,255,255)]?

It's solid white, non-translucent and can't be misconstrued as another type of white.  Unless you're talking about pure white with no other color accents, which would be near impossible to do for the Burst line of Beyblades for it to make any aesthetic sense.

Credit to k1mbo:
[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]
(Jan. 24, 2020  9:16 AM)BreakerDS Wrote:
(Jan. 24, 2020  8:58 AM)silly_snake Wrote: How come Takara Tomy haven't made any solid white Beyblades since plastic gen? We've had various shades of pearl white, milk white, transparent, etc but never a proper white like Dragoon.

Aside from the plastic gen remakes like Dragoon Victory, isn't the Hajime Syacho Cho-Z Valkyrie pure white [#FFFFFF (255,255,255)]?

It's solid white, non-translucent and can't be misconstrued as another type of white.  Unless you're talking about pure white with no other color accents, which would be near impossible to do for the Burst line of Beyblades for it to make any aesthetic sense.

God Valkyrie (Holy Knight ver.) is also solid white, and I think Erase Diabolos is too. But traditionally white beyblades (L Drago, Longinus, Ace/Imperial Dragon) have never actually been solid white. Their pearl white versions tend to look solid white in official renders, as if it was the intended colour.
(Jan. 24, 2020  12:32 PM)silly_snake Wrote: God Valkyrie (Holy Knight ver.) is also solid white, and I think Erase Diabolos is too. But traditionally white beyblades (L Drago, Longinus, Ace/Imperial Dragon) have never actually been solid white. Their pearl white versions tend to look solid white in official renders, as if it was the intended colour.

They do tend to make their renders a bit more simplistic than the actual product, especially concerning translucent parts. It's more obvious on some beys (Heaven Pegasus as an example) than others.
I thought of this Judgment counter on the bus. Cosmo (Blue) Ashura. 00B Kp' Gen
(Jan. 25, 2020  6:25 PM)YishYash Wrote: I thought of this Judgment Combo on the bus. Cosmo (Blue) Ashura. 00B Kp' Gen

Did you mean a counter for Judgment? Cuz what your sentence was conveying is: "I have a random combo for Judgment (Base), it's Cosmo Ashura.00B.Kp' Gen"
(Jan. 26, 2020  12:23 AM)Rouzuke Wrote:
(Jan. 25, 2020  6:25 PM)YishYash Wrote: I thought of this Judgment Combo on the bus. Cosmo (Blue) Ashura. 00B Kp' Gen

Did you mean a counter for Judgment? Cuz what your sentence was conveying is: "I have a random combo for Judgment (Base), it's Cosmo Ashura.00B.Kp' Gen"

My bad, my bad. Ill edit.
hey just droppen by just wanted to say im exited for my beylogger i just bought soo exited!

beys on amazon soo expencive compared to ebay lol
(Jan. 26, 2020  2:05 AM)Infernia Wrote: hey just droppen by just wanted to say im exited for my beylogger i just bought soo exited!

Thats cuz the beys you were looking at were fakes.
I had a bit of an idea on a combo, with Big bang genesis being released, combo is (Armored) Regalia Genesis 00C Om, cross for the LAD, regalia for it's less agressive design, 00 for the weight distribution, and Orbit Metal for the weight to be more concentrated at the bottom, concentrating most of its weight into the driver, and the armor prevents it from bursting.
(Jan. 26, 2020  6:01 AM)BusyBlader Wrote: I had a bit of an idea on a combo, with Big bang genesis being released, combo is (Armored) Regalia Genesis  00C Om, cross for the LAD, regalia for it's less agressive design, 00 for the weight distribution, and Orbit Metal for the weight to be more concentrated at the bottom, concentrating most of its weight into the driver, and the armor prevents it from bursting.

Thats a pretty big brain combo you got there, somebody should try this and see if it works
(Jan. 26, 2020  6:16 AM)Shout Wrote:
(Jan. 26, 2020  6:01 AM)BusyBlader Wrote: I had a bit of an idea on a combo, with Big bang genesis being released, combo is (Armored) Regalia Genesis  00C Om, cross for the LAD, regalia for it's less agressive design, 00 for the weight distribution, and Orbit Metal for the weight to be more concentrated at the bottom, concentrating most of its weight into the driver, and the armor prevents it from bursting.

Thats a pretty big brain combo you got there, somebody should try this and see if it works

It looks like it may work, but Regalia still kinda lacks a lot that Prime has (attack potential, Burst resistance, etc). Even with the Big Bang Armor protecting it initially, unless the Armor has some metal on the wings for more stability and OWD, the heaviness of the whole combo on Orbit Metal would still make it have quite lowered KO resistance despite having a metal ball tip. I may be able to test this out as soon as I get mine from a local seller.
(Jan. 26, 2020  6:26 AM)Rouzuke Wrote:
(Jan. 26, 2020  6:16 AM)Shout Wrote: Thats a pretty big brain combo you got there, somebody should try this and see if it works

It looks like it may work, but Regalia still kinda lacks a lot that Prime has (attack potential, Burst resistance, etc). Even with the Big Bang Armor protecting it initially, unless the Armor has some metal on the wings for more stability and OWD, the heaviness of the whole combo on Orbit Metal would still make it have quite lowered KO resistance despite having a metal ball tip. I may be able to test this out as soon as I get mine from a local seller.

Well, the big bang armor does not seem to have metal,  considering that Zankye's review shows that it weighs about 4.25 grams.
I chose regalia because it's design is more linear than Bigbang genesis, and I found that the weight distribution of 00 may work quite well, with the placement of the metal on Regalia, and Cross giving it that bit of LAD it needs with Om.
(Jan. 26, 2020  6:38 AM)BusyBlader Wrote:
(Jan. 26, 2020  6:26 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: It looks like it may work, but Regalia still kinda lacks a lot that Prime has (attack potential, Burst resistance, etc). Even with the Big Bang Armor protecting it initially, unless the Armor has some metal on the wings for more stability and OWD, the heaviness of the whole combo on Orbit Metal would still make it have quite lowered KO resistance despite having a metal ball tip. I may be able to test this out as soon as I get mine from a local seller.

Well, the big bang armor does not seem to have metal,  considering that Zankye's review shows that it weighs about 4.25 grams.
I chose regalia because it's design is more linear than Bigbang genesis, and I found that the weight distribution of 00 may work quite well, with the placement of the metal on Regalia, and Cross giving it that bit of LAD it needs with Om.

I understand that, but Om with Cross doesn't seem to work as great as I'd hoped before. i think if I'll be testing this, Bump or Proof could make a better fit for more stability and heft especially since the weight distribution of Regalia isn't as stable as you'd expect.

I'm a bit more into mobile attackers quite recently, but once I get my copy of Big Bang Genesis, I'd be able to test Armored Regalia Genesis.Sting.Yard Metal and your combo against my heavy attackers.
(Jan. 26, 2020  6:48 AM)Rouzuke Wrote:
(Jan. 26, 2020  6:38 AM)BusyBlader Wrote: Well, the big bang armor does not seem to have metal,  considering that Zankye's review shows that it weighs about 4.25 grams.

I understand that, but Om with Cross doesn't seem to work as great as I'd hoped before. i think if I'll be testing this, Bump or Proof could make a better fit for more stability and heft especially since the weight distribution of Regalia isn't as stable as you'd expect.

I'm a bit more into mobile attackers quite recently, but once I get my copy of Big Bang Genesis, I'd be able to test Armored Regalia Genesis.Sting.Yard Metal and your combo against my heavy attackers.
My Bigbang and GT customize set should be arriving within the next week or two, and then I can start testing it against my current combos, if all else fails, i'll resort to Xt+ or eternal.
(Jan. 26, 2020  2:40 AM)lilphilyb Wrote:
(Jan. 26, 2020  2:05 AM)Infernia Wrote: hey just droppen by just wanted to say im exited for my beylogger i just bought soo exited!

Thats cuz the beys you were looking at were fakes.

fakes what do you mean? amazon or ebay?

hey is so exited for thunder spriggin i want it

why is there only 27 episodes of beyblade burst turbo on netflix?i wanna see it all
(Jan. 26, 2020  8:26 PM)Infernia Wrote:
(Jan. 26, 2020  2:40 AM)lilphilyb Wrote: Thats cuz the beys you were looking at were fakes.

fakes what do you mean? amazon or ebay?

hey is so exited for thunder spriggin i want it

why is there only 27 episodes of beyblade burst turbo on netflix?i wanna see it all

Fake beyblades are everywhere on the internet. They're usually much cheaper than real authentic TT or Hasbro beys. The bey in your profile pic is a fake Lord Spriggan too. Thunder Spriggan has not been confirmed to be a bey, although a Spriggan evolution is likely in the season 5.