Beyblade Random Thoughts

(Jun. 04, 2019  3:36 PM)MagixG Wrote: I would use 0Lift and potentially Yard for Dread Bahamut's stock combo

That combo is too much scrape risk. Running DB on Sting and Atomic (yellow ring) for now and it can actually push back same spin attackers without Bursting
(Jun. 04, 2019  3:54 PM)Rouzuke Wrote:
(Jun. 04, 2019  3:36 PM)MagixG Wrote: I would use 0Lift and potentially Yard for Dread Bahamut's stock combo

That combo is too much scrape risk. Running DB on Sting and Atomic (yellow ring) for now and it can actually push back same spin attackers without Bursting

I never said that the combo would be good. I just thought that if we were going for a part upgrade to Bahamut too, might as well use a heavier disk (0) give it a new heavy frame (lift (likely defense mode)) and give it what I thought was the only real upgrade to Atomic. I would have used Friction but there was already a debate on that. Well, maybe friction might work better with Lift. I dunno, that's just my own personal preference and what I would use as part upgrades.
Does zephyr' have the same denting problem as zephyr?
(Jun. 04, 2019  5:05 AM)Rouzuke Wrote:
(Jun. 04, 2019  2:40 AM)Grimlock_Ollie Wrote: Ok, not trying to start anything here, but I DO recall in one of my threads, you doubted something similar to blade alignment... now it is bought up as a fact... ok.... I mean, Under isn't the best frame, but it is confirmed to be the most frame. By far, it's not unimpressive because it has the shape of Achilles (Sure, Achilles isn't the best bey, but again, he is the most beavy bey)

Fricton does spiral around the stadium. With a strong enough launch or an angled launch, it is possible.

Is it true that Friction cannot bounce back into the stadium? It happens rarely with me...

Not being judgmental or anything, but based on your threads and comments that I've been seeing for a while, you are the type of Blader who is probably too immersed with anime logic. Either that, or you simply are trying too hard to say you have experience with certain Beyblade parts.

Under Frame is undeniably effective probably for Twin Nemesis (as MagikHorse has mentioned) alone. Even I had difficulty understanding what you meant by "a good balance between heavy and light weights", but I'll assume you were saying that it is probably "heavy enough to maintain balance/precession for the combo, but light enough to not let DB self-Burst too quickly in a match". If that is so, it probably would still not be worth it to have the Frame due to scrape risk which will inevitably affect the combo's LAD (that is crucial to winning aside from KOs and Bursts). Either it be Frameless instead or with Bump/Proof/Glaive/Cross for the said LAD potential.

Moving on to Friction, I do seem to remember that at very hard launches you can make the Bey move slightly faster near the tornado ridge, but not simply too powerful enough that it catches on the said ridge to "boost" itself back into the stadium. Even if you say it can be done by tilting your launch or doing a banking shoot, I really doubt the rubber on the Driver would be able to catch the stadium without the Layer and/or Disk/Frame already scraping the stadium floor first (unless you have worn down your Friction Driver to the extent that the rubber ring indeed can touch the floor with just a minor tilt, which is highly unlikely). It only "works" in the anime.

Just to let you know though, don't trash me, because I do own all of the parts and have enough experience (albeit not professional level) to say what I have said above regarding each part's effect in battle.

Well, yes, I am trying to say I have experience with the parts (not to flex or say I'm more experienced)

everything in the second paragraph is my thoughts as well.

As for Friction, I don't know if i didn't pay attention to it or if I ignored it, but I have never seen Friction bounce back into the stadium in the anime. Anime logic is fictional, I know, though, the only thing related to this would be when Phi reveals Phinox Break... again, very fictional...

You own the parts and have some occurrences with the parts, I own all of the parts and have other occurrences. I'm guessing it's because I'm used to using the slingshock launcher so much that I launch it and move the launcher at the same time to make the bey land in a certain area or angle of the stadium. I assume you and pretty much everyone else does this as well.
Yard doesn't exactly reflect as an upgrade to Atomic imo, since there is only one free spinning part and the wide ring actually is just like a wider but smoother Defense. Lift in Up/Defense mode might do good at least for precession for defensive spin equalization vs opposite spin. But as you have already mentioned, you're simply trying to make a stock combo for DB Layer to reflect upgrade from aB stock. In that case, wouldn't it be better to have Expand or Turn (black) instead of Lift, since Bump is flat while Lift is too bulky? 

(Jun. 04, 2019  4:30 PM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote: Does zephyr' have the same denting problem as zephyr?

I've never experienced denting in my Zephyr and Z' copies so far... it might be because some launch combos with them too roughly/aggressively? My playstyle with Z and Z' is like the rubber Attack Drivers, and can induce an acceptable flower pattern early game and stall a bit towards the end.

Fair enough. You should try to make yourself clear with your wording, because most of the time, from your previous posts, you were too happily immersed with Beyblade anime logic and trying to apply it in reality (don't we all want to tho?). I respect that you'd want to use 0Under.Friction on DB (if you already have the Layer), so let's leave it at that.
(Jun. 05, 2019  2:44 AM)Rouzuke Wrote:
Yard doesn't exactly reflect as an upgrade to Atomic imo, since there is only one free spinning part and the wide ring actually is just like a wider but smoother Defense. Lift in Up/Defense mode might do good at least for precession for defensive spin equalization vs opposite spin. But as you have already mentioned, you're simply trying to make a stock combo for DB Layer to reflect upgrade from aB stock. In that case, wouldn't it be better to have Expand or Turn (black) instead of Lift, since Bump is flat while Lift is too bulky? 

I didn't want to use Turn, as it also has a scrape risk (as well as a common frame now), but a red Expand frame might work better. Now, as for the driver, I couldn't see another upgrade to Atomic aside from Yard, as it has a free spinning ball and a wide ring. Now, again, Friction could also work for this, as it has a rubber ring around it (There has been a debate over this before, but still) and with the POM Defense type driver that Friction is, this might give the dread combo more stamina to work with, and on the off chance the rubber ring strikes the tornado ridge (like Atomic's free spinning ring did) it would give it more attack to work with. Overall, I've changed my "true" stock combo for Dread Bahamut. It is now, Dread Bahamut 0Expand Friction. Thank you.

Oh, and one other thing: by red Expand, I mean a dark, crimson shade of red
At Yodobashi Akiba but the beyblade selection is quite limited (max 5 for RLC)

I bought 3 and I got AV, aK, dP. Didn't get bahamut but not a loss either because I didnt score any dupes

Edit: Bought 4 of the GT random booster, got 2 valkyrie, pegasus, and dead hades. Good run for what I spent
(Jun. 04, 2019  4:30 PM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote: Does zephyr' have the same denting problem as zephyr?

i cant tell you even if i wanted to, i managed to get a screw stuck in the hole of my only tt zephyr, and it was the cool orange version. if i get it out i'll happily tell you though
Has anybody else noticed how Lui's hair gets larger in Turbo?

I have serious expectations for him to be walking around as a massive blue wildfire hazard.
Sisco and Xhaka both have sharp teeth and mid-drift shirts. That ain't the play, chief.
(Jun. 06, 2019  10:05 PM)LeonidasKerbeus Wrote: i cant tell you even if i wanted to, i managed to get a screw stuck in the hole of my only tt zephyr, and it was the cool orange version. if i get it out i'll happily tell you though
Oof...... is it a perfect fit? I mean, did the screw settle in just like that because it was about the same size as the hole of zephyr?
(Jun. 07, 2019  4:36 PM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote:
(Jun. 06, 2019  10:05 PM)LeonidasKerbeus Wrote: i cant tell you even if i wanted to, i managed to get a screw stuck in the hole of my only tt zephyr, and it was the cool orange version. if i get it out i'll happily tell you though
Oof...... is it a perfect fit? I mean, did the screw settle in just like that because it was about the same size as the hole of zephyr?

yeah, its literally a PERFECT fit
same thing happened to my hasbro one, exept the screw head was flat. it doesnt impact it in any way, but the screw in the tt zephyr is a normal screw.
and that normal screw is stripped
i cant get it out
why me
(Jun. 07, 2019  7:19 PM)LeonidasKerbeus Wrote:
(Jun. 07, 2019  4:36 PM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote: Oof...... is it a perfect fit? I mean, did the screw settle in just like that because it was about the same size as the hole of zephyr?

yeah, its literally a PERFECT fit
same thing happened to my hasbro one, exept the screw head was flat. it doesnt impact it in any way, but the screw in the tt zephyr is a normal screw.
i cant get it out
why me
You're not alone. My orange Zephyr has a screw stuck as well.
(Jun. 07, 2019  9:00 PM)Infinite.Zero Wrote:
(Jun. 07, 2019  7:19 PM)LeonidasKerbeus Wrote: yeah, its literally a PERFECT fit
i cant get it out
why me
You're not alone. My orange Zephyr has a screw stuck as well.

How in the world did you manage to get a screw stuck in Zephyr? I can only imagine you guys are curious if it'd fit then instantly regret it as soon as you released the screw into the hole
(Jun. 08, 2019  4:31 AM)Rouzuke Wrote:
(Jun. 07, 2019  9:00 PM)Infinite.Zero Wrote: You're not alone. My orange Zephyr has a screw stuck as well.

How in the world did you manage to get a screw stuck in Zephyr? I can only imagine you guys are curious if it'd fit then instantly regret it as soon as you released the screw into the hole
Haha...lets just say, I was experimenting something.
(Jun. 08, 2019  2:09 AM)Ranch+Kerbeus Wrote: When will there be a new Random Booster?

Not confirmed but every other year it has been in July, so there will probably be one alongside Diaboros
So I got a pending problem since last year, as I'm not sure how to put the screenshots of the app here, but just to elaborate: basically downloaded the app from google searching and installed via ApkPure (last 2017, didn't know about Beypoints yet). Last item I was able to scan for the Beycode was the Triple Booster Set that had Hazard Kerbeus and Dagger Frame upon obtaining a Beylogger Plus for bonus multipliers (scanned last August 28, 2018). After that, I updated my Samsung J7 Core's OS probably on the same month and when I got some of the newer ChouZ ones in September, the Bey Scanner just refused to work (even after 20+ times of trying to restart everything from the actual phone to the app itself). I even updated via ApkPure for the latest one (v2.05 I think) just a few hours ago, hoping it'd work but it still crashes when loading the camera.

I got a lot of Beycodes still pending for scans and I want to know if anyone has workarounds FOR Android, NOT iOS, because I'd rather have my Bey Garage updated and be able to prove to anyone that I have the parts instead of just having the unused codes lying about and gathering dust (or worse, being thrown away because of being "pieces of garbage cardboard")

If there is anyone who can actually provide a step-by-step workaround, you'd be the best Beyblader ever to probably save a thousand Bladers outside Japan who may also have the same issues.
I've seen Hound Dog 8 Bearing, Claw Tiger 0 Xtend, and the yellow Storm Pegasus, but did Young Toys redesign any of the other Burst Remakes?
(Jun. 10, 2019  7:41 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: I've seen Hound Dog 8 Bearing, Claw Tiger 0 Xtend, and the yellow Storm Pegasus, but did Young Toys redesign any of the other Burst Remakes
Any source for Yellow SP?
(Jun. 10, 2019  7:50 PM)MrBlade Wrote:
(Jun. 10, 2019  7:41 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: I've seen Hound Dog 8 Bearing, Claw Tiger 0 Xtend, and the yellow Storm Pegasus, but did Young Toys redesign any of the other Burst Remakes

From a Zankye video i forget which one though
(Jun. 10, 2019  7:54 PM)RED NINJA 0829 Wrote:
(Jun. 10, 2019  7:50 PM)MrBlade Wrote: Any source for Yellow SP?

From a Zankye video i forget which one though

I think Citrus is talking about something like a recreation of a Plastic Bey in Korea. That isn't one of those.
(Jun. 10, 2019  7:50 PM)MrBlade Wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivtHjzUZixA
The name translates to Flash Sieve Neil for some reason...
(Jun. 10, 2019  8:02 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
(Jun. 10, 2019  7:50 PM)MrBlade Wrote: Any source for Yellow SP?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivtHjzUZixA
The name translates to Flash Sieve Neil for some reason...

It could be Flash Sleipnir based on the pronunciation of "스레이프닐" seeming to imitate the English name Sleipnir. Probably the first pseudo release of a Sleipnir themed beyblade, which is kind of neat I guess.
I had an idea that was inspired by people thinking that changing the GT Base counts as a mode change. What if there was a GT-only tournament format that allowed you to bring up to 2 extra Bases to switch into for both First Stage battles and Deck Format Finals. If there was a GT-only format, that's how I'd make it, and I'd like to see how people would make combos that synergise with multiple Bases.