Beyblade Random Thoughts

I can't help but think about Revolve' or Eternal'...

I know those aren't actually real, but it was just a thought I had.
If hasbro is making the beys have no metal for cho-z/turbo, then what will become of dead hades? No gimmick at all?
hmmm, maybe more plastic?
(Oct. 29, 2018  1:15 AM)Armor Wrote: hmmm, maybe more plastic?

Yeah probably just heavier plastic focused around the 6 points
Dead Hades Hasbro gimmick will work as well as Alter Cognites did: the plastic will hardly do anything with the weight
(Oct. 29, 2018  1:51 AM)Dt20000 Wrote: Dead Hades Hasbro gimmick will work as well as Alter Cognites did: the plastic will hardly do anything with the weight

I don't think Cognite/Chronos had a problem, because they were the same in both Takara Tomy and Hasbro?
(Oct. 29, 2018  1:54 AM)Armor Wrote:
(Oct. 29, 2018  1:51 AM)Dt20000 Wrote: Dead Hades Hasbro gimmick will work as well as Alter Cognites did: the plastic will hardly do anything with the weight

I don't think Cognite/Chronos had a problem, because they were the same in both Takara Tomy and Hasbro?

Yeah, but the gimmick hardly did anything to the beyblade
(Oct. 29, 2018  1:54 AM)Armor Wrote:

Yeah, they were the same aesthetically, but Cognite C3's slopes got oofed.
I don't get what Dt20000 is saying then. Cognite/Chronos's gimmick never worked then.
(Oct. 29, 2018  2:53 AM)Armor Wrote: I don't get what Dt20000 is saying then. Cognite/Chronos's gimmick never worked then.

Actually aC's shifting weight gimmick does work. It's just not useful when its unbalanced.
(Oct. 29, 2018  3:01 AM)BeyCrafter Wrote:
(Oct. 29, 2018  2:53 AM)Armor Wrote: I don't get what Dt20000 is saying then. Cognite/Chronos's gimmick never worked then.

Actually aC's shifting weight gimmick does work. It's just not useful when its unbalanced.
Exactly this. The unbalanced layer is supposed to give it more attack potential by making the layer turn into a flail, with a heavier end that deals more damage to foes. The layer lacks the contacts to make good use of it though, not to mention what an unbalanced layer does to ruin a good attack pattern, which is why it was much more powerful in its more balanced mode.
(Oct. 29, 2018  4:38 AM)marutti Wrote:

WHY did HEART lose ? ( i hate manga )

[Image: wve62s.png]
(Oct. 29, 2018  2:11 AM)kjrules17 Wrote:
(Oct. 29, 2018  1:54 AM)Armor Wrote: I don't think Cognite/Chronos had a problem, because they were the same in both Takara Tomy and Hasbro?
Yeah, they were the same aesthetically, but Cognite C3's slopes got oofed.

Yeah. Cognite C3's slopes were awful. The gimmick did work. It's just that... why would you ever use unbalanced mode in competition?
Was proof ever decided as the best LAD frame? I used it a bit with some things and it seems alright, but I don't have Cross to compare. Glaive seems better on Absorb, but maybe that was more of the driver.
(Oct. 29, 2018  10:37 PM)Dragunix Wrote: Was proof ever decided as the best LAD frame? I used it a bit with some things and it seems alright, but I don't have Cross to compare. Glaive seems better on Absorb, but maybe that was more of the driver.
Maybe try Br and test which one rolls longer.
(Oct. 29, 2018  11:11 PM)Infinite.Zero Wrote:
(Oct. 29, 2018  10:37 PM)Dragunix Wrote: Was proof ever decided as the best LAD frame? I used it a bit with some things and it seems alright, but I don't have Cross to compare. Glaive seems better on Absorb, but maybe that was more of the driver.
Maybe try Br and test which one rolls longer.

Wouldn't the best test be using a driver that has no LAD, for example, Survive? That way, the LAD of the combo is based solely on the frame/disc.
So it seems like Proof does about the same as glaive in right spin?? I tested it on wV.0B.R (no ring, mine fell off) and just spun it left and right with my hand a few times. It seems like Proof does the same in both spin directions, but Glaive almost seemed worse in left spin. Especially when I feel the frame with my hand, Glaive actually felt smoother (running my finger on the part that would touch the ground) to the right than to the left.

I think Proof is good (Good lad, heavier weight than even cross/star), but it just gets somewhat hindered by those ridges that were on the frame. It would have been so much better if they were less pronounced or just removed altogether.
(Oct. 30, 2018  12:15 AM)Dragunix Wrote: So it seems like Proof does about the same as glaive in right spin?? I tested it on wV.0B.R (no ring, mine fell off) and just spun it left and right with my hand a few times. It seems like Proof does the same in both spin directions, but Glaive almost seemed worse in left spin. Especially when I feel the frame with my hand, Glaive actually felt smoother (running my finger on the part that would touch the ground) to the right than to the left.

I think Proof is good (Good lad, heavier weight than even cross/star), but it just gets somewhat hindered by those ridges that were on the frame. It would have been so much better if they were less pronounced or just removed altogether.
https://m.youtube.com/user/MonoDragonFur
This YT channel has a Cross frame lad video and a Glaive...Monodragon has a Yt channel?
(Oct. 30, 2018  12:15 AM)Dragunix Wrote: So it seems like Proof does about the same as glaive in right spin?? I tested it on wV.0B.R (no ring, mine fell off) and just spun it left and right with my hand a few times. It seems like Proof does the same in both spin directions, but Glaive almost seemed worse in left spin. Especially when I feel the frame with my hand, Glaive actually felt smoother (running my finger on the part that would touch the ground) to the right than to the left.

That's about what I've been thinking. Decent LAD, but heavier weight than frames with better LAD. It's sort of a middle ground of weight and LAD potential, and I think that helps balance the part out and prevents it from being a straight upgrade or overpowering lighter frames like Cross that have the LAD advantage.
(Oct. 30, 2018  12:59 AM)MagikHorse Wrote:

That's about what I've been thinking. Decent LAD, but heavier weight than frames with better LAD. It's sort of a middle ground of weight and LAD potential, and I think that helps balance the part out and prevents it from being a straight upgrade or overpowering lighter frames like Cross that have the LAD advantage.

Sorry for my bothering you, but any word on the weight? I haven't seen it on the threads related to it, but I probably just missed it.

I was almost thinking it could be a Bump substitute with higher lad, since it seemed about as thick and somewhat as heavy?
(Oct. 30, 2018  1:04 AM)Dragunix Wrote:
(Oct. 30, 2018  12:59 AM)MagikHorse Wrote: That's about what I've been thinking. Decent LAD, but heavier weight than frames with better LAD. It's sort of a middle ground of weight and LAD potential, and I think that helps balance the part out and prevents it from being a straight upgrade or overpowering lighter frames like Cross that have the LAD advantage.

Sorry for my bothering you, but any word on the weight? I haven't seen it on the threads related to it, but I probably just missed it.

I was almost thinking it could be a Bump substitute with higher lad, since it seemed about as thick and somewhat as heavy?
2.90 grams is what I remember...not sure though
(Oct. 30, 2018  1:04 AM)Dragunix Wrote:
(Oct. 30, 2018  12:59 AM)MagikHorse Wrote: That's about what I've been thinking. Decent LAD, but heavier weight than frames with better LAD. It's sort of a middle ground of weight and LAD potential, and I think that helps balance the part out and prevents it from being a straight upgrade or overpowering lighter frames like Cross that have the LAD advantage.

According to my knowledge it's just below Bump in terms of weight, which places it at 4th heaviest right now in order of Lift, Turn, Bump, and then Proof.
(Oct. 30, 2018  1:38 AM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Oct. 30, 2018  1:04 AM)Dragunix Wrote: Sorry for my bothering you, but any word on the weight? I haven't seen it on the threads related to it, but I probably just missed it.

According to my knowledge it's just below Bump in terms of weight, which places it at 4th heaviest right now in order of Lift, Turn, Bump, and then Proof.

I read Turn was 3.6g in comparison to Lift's 3.5g, but maybe Beywiki was incorrect?

Anyways, a .3g difference between Proof and Bump shouldn't hurt all that much right (assuming that Bump is 3.2 and Proof is 2.9).