Beyblade Random Thoughts

Which Hasbro burst string launcher is stronger? Master Kit or Dual Strike? The masters kit has a longer string but the dual strike feels stronger.
(Apr. 29, 2018  7:47 PM)MWF Wrote: Which Hasbro burst string launcher is stronger? Master Kit or Dual Strike? The masters kit has a longer string but the dual strike feels stronger.

Dual Strike
(Apr. 29, 2018  7:47 PM)MWF Wrote: Which Hasbro burst string launcher is stronger? Master Kit or Dual Strike? The masters kit has a longer string but the dual strike feels stronger.

wait,what is the Dual Strike??
(Apr. 29, 2018  8:16 PM)Grey Bey Wrote:

wait,what is the Dual Strike??

He means the Dual Threat Launcher
(Apr. 29, 2018  4:53 PM)MissingNo. Wrote: Anybody here have the music CDs of the original Bakuten Shoot Beyblade anime and the dub ? There's only crappy mp3s online, and I'd like it if we could all get our hands on decent rips. If you do have one or many of the CDs, PM me, I'll tell you how to do it (it's going to take you at the very maximum 5 minutes, and all you need is a computer with a CD drive)

@[Kai-V] I summon you (since you may know somebody who has them, haha)

@[MissingNo.] Brad had posted his rips of the Bakuten Shoot OST as a sticker thread in the Beyblade Anime and Manga forum, I think. Are they not working anymore? They were lossless. 

As for the dub... I never had the CD myself but I know that I had some sort of soundtrack on my computer. Most of the good songs are not available on any release though.
My first thought on Burst's exploding gimmick was: Apparently TT was paying attention to our MFB beys disassembling mid-fight due to improper tightening of facebolts. It's kinda jarring (in a funny way) now that an entire new toyline for Beyblade has (what is supposed to be human error and nothing inherent) as a gimmick hehehe.

Man, I wish they weren't so slow in bringing Burst here. It's been like 3 years since launch, and so far the only two Asian countries outside Japan that has it are Philipines (which is practically next door to mine) and India (judging by what info I gathered). I want my Burst and I want it ASAP, so here's to hoping TT launches it in Indonesia (I know I've said it before at least twice but I'm gonna keep fighting on until I'm proven wrong).
(May. 02, 2018  5:09 PM)RDF3 Wrote: My first thought on Burst's exploding gimmick was: Apparently TT was paying attention to our MFB beys disassembling mid-fight due to improper tightening of facebolts. It's kinda jarring (in a funny way) now that an entire new toyline for Beyblade has (what is supposed to be human error and nothing inherent) as a gimmick hehehe.

I think the burst mechanic was more based on the excitement that people had when Beyblades exploded. It was the pure adrenaline and joy you had when you destroyed someone else's bey, plus it looked really cool (especially in slow motion). Some of the most memorable times I've had were when my MFB Beys devastatingly blew up (RIP facebolts). It also has a side-effect of reducing damage to parts by-design as well since all force of impact is no longer centralized around a single part's axis.

I think though, the overall gimmick doesn't have enough counterplay, and that I hope they come up with better ways to resist bursting. At the moment and from the beginning, it still relies heavily on tooth strength, inherent shape of layer benefits (I suppose also spin direction), and overall luck. We don't need more luck on top of luck.
(May. 02, 2018  5:09 PM)RDF3 Wrote: Man, I wish they weren't so slow in bringing Burst here. It's been like 3 years since launch, and so far the only two Asian countries outside Japan that has it are Philipines (which is practically next door to mine) and India (judging by what info I gathered). I want my Burst and I want it ASAP, so here's to hoping TT launches it in Indonesia (I know I've said it before at least twice but I'm gonna keep fighting on until I'm proven wrong).

I feel ya. Even though my initial feelings at release were not really good, the whole Beyblade Burst line really grew on me. I'm so happy about every single bey I've collected from the Dual Layer & God series, these were amazing. I wish Takara would produce their toys for outside of Asia. Importing products is not really easy over here and I don't feel happy with any of my Hasbro products.
I just hope Takara Tomy will keep up Burst in the near future and we have can keep some nice international sellers.
(May. 02, 2018  6:07 PM)Howaitonekon Wrote:
(May. 02, 2018  5:09 PM)RDF3 Wrote: Man, I wish they weren't so slow in bringing Burst here. It's been like 3 years since launch, and so far the only two Asian countries outside Japan that has it are Philipines (which is practically next door to mine) and India (judging by what info I gathered). I want my Burst and I want it ASAP, so here's to hoping TT launches it in Indonesia (I know I've said it before at least twice but I'm gonna keep fighting on until I'm proven wrong).

I feel ya. Even though my initial feelings at release were not really good, the whole Beyblade Burst line really grew on me. I'm so happy about every single bey I've collected from the Dual Layer & God series, these were amazing. I wish Takara would produce their toys for outside of Asia. Importing products is not really easy over here and I don't feel happy with any of my Hasbro products.
I just hope Takara Tomy will keep up Burst in the near future and we have can keep some nice international sellers.
And here I am sitting inside a home in a Southeast Asian country whining about TT being really slow in getting out Burst outside Japan.

I'm a whiner, huh  Pinching_eyes ? Leone_Astonished
(May. 02, 2018  6:07 PM)Howaitonekon Wrote: I feel ya. Even though my initial feelings at release were not really good, the whole Beyblade Burst line really grew on me. I'm so happy about every single bey I've collected from the Dual Layer & God series, these were amazing. I wish Takara would produce their toys for outside of Asia. Importing products is not really easy over here and I don't feel happy with any of my Hasbro products.

I don't feel happy with the Hasbro products either. I am in Utah and I can buy Hasbro really easily, including the newest releases pretty quickly. Well, Hasbro's new releases. But I don't because I'm not a fan of the plastic, which is the biggest deterrent for me. I wish Hasbro used the same materials as TT or that TT could just have an American line that just used the exact same things.
Anyone know what the lightest combo and the heaviest combo is?
(May. 02, 2018  9:46 PM)BeybladerBraden Wrote: Anyone know what the lightest combo and the heaviest combo is?

lightest is (I think) D2.O.Z,heaviest is wV/bL.0B.Ω
Can someone tell an old timer why the heck burst combos are so difficult to name? Is there a name/part guide?

Also, hello all

I don't plan on getting back into Burst but I'll float around MFB for general info and whatnot
(May. 04, 2018  4:30 AM)DrPepsidew Wrote: Can someone tell an old timer why the heck burst combos are so difficult to name? Is there a name/part guide?

Also, hello all

I don't plan on getting back into Burst but I'll float around MFB for general info and whatnot

It's exacerbated by Hasbro's completely different naming scheme... I think the wiki is a good starting point.
That's exciting to hear, I haven't seen you for ages! :D
oh its actually not that hard if you play with burst beys alot you can memorize the names easier i personally think burst is way easier to name than mfb because bL.7b.X-Bloody Longinus 7 bump Xtreme is more simple than storm pegasus w103r2f or idk if thats even a combo i dont play mfb
(May. 04, 2018  4:30 AM)DrPepsidew Wrote: Can someone tell an old timer why the heck burst combos are so difficult to name? Is there a name/part guide?

Also, hello all

Are you going to stick around in Standard, Limited, or both, DrPepsidew? I'm still playing Limited to this day but many of the members we used to discuss with haven't posted in a while there.

Th!nk's gone, Kaneki got banned, and I've heard from no one else except Wombat who posted one post in Limited.
(May. 02, 2018  11:43 PM)Grey Bey Wrote:
(May. 02, 2018  9:46 PM)BeybladerBraden Wrote: Anyone know what the lightest combo and the heaviest combo is?

lightest is (I think) D2.O.Z,heaviest is wV/bL.0B.Ω

Lightest D2.12.z
Heaviest cR.0b.octa
(May. 04, 2018  1:30 PM)RDF3 Wrote:

Also, hello all

Are you going to stick around in Standard, Limited, or both, DrPepsidew? I'm still playing Limited to this day but many of the members we used to discuss with haven't posted in a while there.

Th!nk's gone, Kaneki got banned, and I've heard from no one else except Wombat who posted one post in Limited.
Both! I love Standard and I think Limited has way more potential/ground to cover than most people believe
(May. 04, 2018  3:37 PM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote:
(May. 02, 2018  11:43 PM)Grey Bey Wrote: lightest is (I think) D2.O.Z,heaviest is wV/bL.0B.Ω

Lightest D2.12.z
Heaviest cR.0b.octa
Wait... cR is the heaviest layer!??
(May. 05, 2018  8:36 AM)ThePheonix Wrote:
(May. 04, 2018  3:37 PM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote: Lightest D2.12.z
Heaviest cR.0b.octa
Wait... cR is the heaviest layer!??
Even I was thinking the same thing... 
And is octa heavier than yard? And what is the actual weight of octa?
(May. 05, 2018  9:23 AM)Suhasini Wrote:
(May. 05, 2018  8:36 AM)ThePheonix Wrote: Wait... cR is the heaviest layer!??
Even I was thinking the same thing... 
And is octa heavier than yard? And what is the actual weight of octa?
Idk the numbers but Octa is a big driver with a TON of metal...
are Hasbro Burst and Takara Burst beys really incompatible with each other?

I just want to know since I have literally zero knowledge on Burst/
Yep, they are incompatible. Hasbro decided to replace the teeth with a slide mechanism. For some awkward reason (that I cannot understand) the height of these slopes is different from Takara's teeth.
To compensate this Hasbro has an additional layer (hence some additional space) on the Hasbro drivers to fit.

That's the reason Hasbro drivers fit extremely loosely on Takara layers while Takara driver won't fit at all on Hasbro layers (at least not without a lot force).
So here's a legit way to download the Beyblade Burst App Japanese ver. First go to here: https://m.apkpure.com/jp/ベイブレードバースト/jp.c...omy.beyapp

Next press the light green button under the app's logo

Then wait for it to download and press open afterward.

I even tried scanning the new Cho-Z codes and they work! Along with God codes
Hopefully once Spriggan Requiem is banned, Chou-Z Layers can become more viable and I can write better drafts for them