Beyblade Random Thoughts

As long as the Beyblades friggin burst as the name suggests, it's a cool idea.
(Jul. 15, 2017  6:20 PM)Wizard Wrote: This is where beyblades go to die. This is in a recycle shop in Japan, I wrote a little about it on my blog if your interested (check the link in my signature). It was kind of amazing to see so many Metal Fight Beyblade releases going for 300 yen each, I even found the last 3 tops I need to complete my 2008 series collection!

I really want to visit a store like this next time I visit!
(Jul. 17, 2017  8:31 PM)Kei Wrote:
(Jul. 15, 2017  6:20 PM)Wizard Wrote: This is where beyblades go to die. This is in a recycle shop in Japan, I wrote a little about it on my blog if your interested (check the link in my signature). It was kind of amazing to see so many Metal Fight Beyblade releases going for 300 yen each, I even found the last 3 tops I need to complete my 2008 series collection!

I really want to visit a store like this next time I visit!

It was a Hard Off/Hobby Off, you need to get out of Tokyo's center to get to one, but if you come out my way (suburbs) they're all over. They've got a lot of retro game stuff too, the reason I went was actually to buy some Super Famicom games.
It's more than a little bit annoying that ToysRUs is the only store selling Beys in Germany right now.
Almost $29 for a double pack and $20 for a starter pack. Jeez, they are out of their minds! I mean seriously... that's robbery.

toysrus.com - Epic Rivals Battle Set: $27
toysrus.de - Epic Rivals Battle Set: 53€ = $61

Are you kidding me? :djuh:
(Jul. 19, 2017  12:30 AM)Howaitonekon Wrote: It's more than a little bit annoying that ToysRUs is the only store selling Beys in Germany right now.
Almost $29 for a double pack and $20 for a starter pack. Jeez, they are out of their minds! I mean seriously... that's robbery.

toysrus.com - Epic Rivals Battle Set: $27
toysrus.de - Epic Rivals Battle Set: 53€ = $61

Are you kidding me? Dj - Uh.
Is that the suggested retail price by the manufacturer, or is that just what Toys R Us sells it for?
Yeah the UK community has the same problem. Starters for past generations used to be like £5 to £10 but now they're gonna be like £13. What a rip off. And shops other than Toy R Us aren't getting them till September.
Those are the prices on the toys r us website same prices for the Netherlands aswell
a few dif sites also sell beyblades but they arent exactly any cheaper top1toys and intertoys are selling the epic rivals set for 50 euros and a single beyblade + launcher is 17 euros. heck even the stadiums are cheaper then a single beyblade with launcher lol
I live in Germany. I called my nearest ToysRus on tuesday. They have Beyblade Burst in stock but they are very overpriced.

These are the prices:
15$ Booster (Only 1 Bey)
20$ Starter (1 Bey, 1 Launcher)
20$ Stadium (1 Stadium)
30$ 2-Pack (Only 2 Beys)
60$ Battle Set (2 Beys, 2 Launchers, 1 Stadium)

This is a real ripoff! They are two to three times as expensive as in the US and Canada. European Bladers want to be as competative in the next World Championship as America and Asia! We're already far behind in the meta and now double the price and waiting until September?!!! Then we're 1 year behind America and 2 years behind Asia. That's so unfair.
By Corocoro Ichiban September issue (July 21st release) information, new Xcalibar will appear in Corocoro Ichiban October issue (Which will release August 21st.)

(Jul. 12, 2017  2:20 AM)Ga\ Wrote: Was browsing through Smash Bros Twitter stuff because a lot of big tournaments are happening in the summer, which means fun breaks from studying for my MCAT exam in a month (yayy...), and came across this lovely notice.

https://twitter.com/GOML_Smash/status/88...4603724800

One of the biggest tournament series is holding a Beyblade side event! I know it doesn't have anything to do with the WBO specifically, as there's no mention of it in here and it seems to be held in partnership with Direct Relief, but it's a nice side tournament in Toronto along with the huge Smash Bros tournaments happening.

Reminded me to check in and see how the site's doing! Don't really understand Burst at all but it's good to see a new generation of people joining in on the fun. I've still got all my old stuff too, might sell a lot of it in the future but I'm definitely keeping a good chunk of it.

...something tells me it will go down, but not in a good way, haha. I'm seeing the plastic gen logo using a victory valkyrie, and people in comments that say they're bringing metal saga beys.

It's funny, watching Super Beyblade Family's video on Infinity Nado vs Beyblade gave me a random thought:

What if TT allowed other toy companies to create their own exclusive beys that follow TT's current system and could be used for cross-platform battles?

If it sounds kinda confusing, imagine a car race. Assuming the format (eg. Burst) is the same and the beys are competitively fair, the cars and their parts are the beys themselves along with their combos, the car manufacturers are the different toy companies like Mattel, Hasbro and Jakks, and the race itself would be the beybattle.

Would it work?
(Jul. 21, 2017  5:43 AM)SuperKirby64 Wrote: ...something tells me it will go down, but not in a good way, haha. I'm seeing the plastic gen logo using a victory valkyrie, and people in comments that say they're bringing metal saga beys.

It's funny, watching Super Beyblade Family's video on Infinity Nado vs Beyblade gave me a random thought:

What if TT allowed other toy companies to create their own exclusive beys that follow TT's current system and could be used for cross-platform battles?

If it sounds kinda confusing, imagine a car race. Assuming the format (eg. Burst) is the same and the beys are competitively fair, the cars and their parts are the beys themselves along with their combos, the car manufacturers are the different toy companies like Mattel, Hasbro and Jakks, and the race itself would be the beybattle.

Would it work?

So it would be like if TT, Hasbro and Young Toys made exclusive parts each but all were cross compatible?
I wonder if anyone has been able to make Maximum Garuda fly yet with Nothing and a custom high speed launcher like Mechanic Papa makes
(Jul. 21, 2017  8:55 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: I wonder if anyone has been able to make Maximum Garuda fly yet with Nothing and a custom high speed launcher like Mechanic Papa makes

The beybladegeeks most likely will.
Theoretically Phantom Fox MS and XTS Striker Drone also count as Burst Beys. Grin
What's the current consensus on Killer Deathscyther's performance?
(Jul. 22, 2017  11:56 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: What's the current consensus on Killer Deathscyther's performance?

It's definitely too unbalanced to be good at stamina but to make up for that it can destabilize very well. The double strike gimmick seems pretty much useless except for the fact that it's a bit heavier on that side.
This is just me so idk bout how other people's kD are
I want to ask a question....we all know Max's blade is defensive and exactly spins at the centre whereas Tyson's blade is offensive and spins all around the stadium....even in beyblade vedios I have seen this spin...so can u tell me how one blade spins at the centre whereas other bey spins all around the stadium???
(Jul. 23, 2017  8:58 AM)Eleanor Wrote: I want to ask a question....we all know Max's  blade is defensive and exactly spins at the centre whereas Tyson's blade is offensive and spins all around the stadium....even in beyblade vedios I have seen this spin...so can u tell me how one blade spins at the centre whereas other bey spins all around the stadium???

its due to the different tips which gives difference movement eg tysons beyblae usally has a rubber flat which gives fast movement while maxs beyblade has a metal ball which gives little to no movement
HongKong is really a good place. I recently got 4 Q2, 1 DrigerS in 9 RB4s and one Y2 in 2 RB3s there... LOL
(Jul. 23, 2017  2:55 AM)Mage Wrote:
(Jul. 22, 2017  11:56 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: What's the current consensus on Killer Deathscyther's performance?

It's definitely too unbalanced to be good at stamina but to make up for that it can destabilize very well. The double strike gimmick seems pretty much useless except for the fact that it's a bit heavier on that side.

How about Knock-Out and Burst Attack Potential?
(Jul. 23, 2017  9:48 PM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Jul. 23, 2017  2:55 AM)Mage Wrote: It's definitely too unbalanced to be good at stamina but to make up for that it can destabilize very well. The double strike gimmick seems pretty much useless except for the fact that it's a bit heavier on that side.

How about Knock-Out and Burst Attack Potential?

It has that weird trait were it's like the Xcaliburs, when put on an semi-aggressive like Accel and Hunter it can't keep a flower pattern well and after a few seconds it stays close to the center and wastes it's stamina. I'm on vacation rn so I'm not entirely sure about knock out and burst potential but I'll get on it when I get back :3
So for guessing on new releases, I'm assuming sX, nL, and Spriggan Requiem are the three starters. bP and aB are likely random boosters, dC most likely in the reshuffle.
(Jul. 24, 2017  1:57 PM)Suzaku-X Wrote: So for guessing on new releases, I'm assuming sX, nL, and Spriggan Requiem are the three starters. bP and aB are likely random boosters, dC most likely in the reshuffle.

i think that dC might be a random booster prize bc the last chaos was in a reshuffle set. i guess we'll see