Beyblade Random Thoughts

(Mar. 14, 2017  7:29 PM)Kei Wrote: You also used L2OZ against my DHR, didn't you?

Oh yeah that too
OK, but why is nobody using Lost Longinus Gravity Hold and weak launching, knowing that it wins very easily against most Beyblades?
(Mar. 14, 2017  7:30 PM)Kai-V Wrote: OK, but why is nobody using Lost Longinus Gravity Hold and weak launching, knowing that it wins very easily against most Beyblades?

i guarantee @[Yami] was using L2KH weak launched at A&C because it absolutely dominated at my tournament.
(Mar. 14, 2017  8:55 PM)Jimmyjazz39 Wrote: i guarantee @[Yami] was using L2KH weak launched at A&C because it absolutely dominated at my tournament.

OK and why did he suddenly not dominate at Toronto?
(Mar. 14, 2017  8:56 PM)Kai-V Wrote: OK and why did he suddenly not dominate at Toronto?

nobody at my tournament owned a D or D2 which can counter it correct? i think that was his downfall
(Mar. 14, 2017  8:59 PM)Jimmyjazz39 Wrote: nobody at my tournament owned a D or D2 which can counter it correct? i think that was his downfall

Dark Deathscyther yes, but not so sure about Deathscyther.
(Mar. 14, 2017  9:37 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Dark Deathscyther yes, but not so sure about Deathscyther.

but still, he was the only person who had a collection larger than 10-15 beys and owned a D2. Toronto has a much more skilled community
(Mar. 14, 2017  9:37 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Dark Deathscyther yes, but not so sure about Deathscyther.

Deathscyther tramples all over L2 with ease.

(Mar. 14, 2017  8:59 PM)Jimmyjazz39 Wrote: nobody at my tournament owned a D or D2 which can counter it correct? i think that was his downfall

This seems odd to me. Those should probably be the first burst bey that anyone buys.
(Mar. 14, 2017  11:48 PM)Ultra Wrote: This seems odd to me. Those should probably be the first burst bey that anyone buys.

most of the people there seemed like newbies. most had mainly hasbro burst; another had the 5 main dual layers (V2 S2 R2 K2 W2) but only used them stock. almost no one seemed to be competitively skilled besides me Yami and RandomBlader64
For those who are curious, the names of the examples given for the design contest TAKARA-TOMY and CoroCoro are holding are:
http://beybladeburstnews.tumblr.com/post...A%E5%AE%9A

(from left to right) Spin Dasher, Splash Shark, Shadow Assassin, Maimai Escargot, Fullmetal Gigantima(?).

All designs and names we will consequently never see in Burst hah.
We saw a glimpse of that Revolve recolour in CoroCoro, but there is yet another set-of-four exclusive Driver recolours campaign with CoroCoro. This time, they are platinum recolours of Jaggy, Zephyr, Revolve and Press.
https://beyblade.takaratomy.co.jp/info_d...myPost=567
The campaign starts March 18th and involves keeping receipts of your Beyblade Burst purchases, so of course this is an incentive to really buy the new God Layer Series products, which some Japanese have calculated cost over $100 just for this month, no shipping...
now that custom disk that have a core and a frame exist in burst, i wonder if support parts will ever be made, where they can be put onto the driver.

i wonder if blade bases will ever exist in burst, where the driver become essentially the spin gear.

some of the frames remind me of some supports parts from plastic generation, G looks like twin guard, and C looks like cros.s survivor
(Mar. 14, 2017  12:21 AM)ThaKingTai Wrote: You have less of a chance of making contact with the bey and if you do manage to hit it, it's gonna be difficult to knock it out. You'd need to scale up the beys and everything else for it to work.

Guess there's zero chance of us getting the tense tournament atmosphere and emphasis on the bladers' skills that's so often pitched in the anime then... What a shame.

They at least owned a K2 right? I think it's pretty logical to pick K2 since it's a defense type layer, and it's useful against L2 according to the type map, and it's pretty much another L2 counter. Don't have published test results to back it up yet, so I will be doing just that on the weekends.
(Mar. 16, 2017  12:19 AM)Bastillon Wrote: Guess there's zero chance of us getting the tense tournament atmosphere and emphasis on the bladers' skills that's so often pitched in the anime then... What a shame.

:libruh:
r u serius
(Mar. 16, 2017  12:23 AM)TrainiacJ Wrote: Libruhhh
r u serius

Yes, and there's nothing wrong with taking a hobby seriously. You'd be far less likely to pull off MOQ hop stalling because the opening above the stadium is way too small to allow this, or Kensuke's standing launch because its far more likely for your bey to hit your opponent's launcher than actually hitting the stadium.
(Mar. 16, 2017  1:55 AM)Bastillon Wrote: Yes, and there's nothing wrong with taking a hobby seriously.  You'd be far less likely to pull off MOQ hop stalling because the opening above the stadium is way too small to allow this, or Kensuke's standing launch because its far more likely for your bey to hit your opponent's  launcher than actually hitting the stadium.

Likewise though, just imagine yourself launching a Beyblade standing... They would need to weigh way more to be able to absorb that shock and not rebound crazily far. So no, current Beyblades are not built to be able to do that.
(Mar. 16, 2017  1:55 AM)Bastillon Wrote: Yes, and there's nothing wrong with taking a hobby seriously.  You'd be far less likely to pull off MOQ hop stalling because the opening above the stadium is way too small to allow this, or Kensuke's standing launch because its far more likely for your bey to hit your opponent's  launcher than actually hitting the stadium.

There's nothing wrong with loving your hobby and being serious with it, as long as people don't take it overly seriously.
[Image: 1703_g1_004.jpg]

I am not sure this was posted already: there will be a purple recolour of the Valkyrie Layer.
(Mar. 16, 2017  4:50 PM)Kai-V Wrote: [Image: 1703_g1_004.jpg]

I am not sure this was posted already: there will be a purple recolour of the Valkyrie Layer.

When will it release? And for how much?
(Mar. 16, 2017  5:03 PM)Ninja Blader Wrote: When will it release? And for how much?

It will be a prize at a Sunshine City collaboration, possibly the national Japanese championship, on April 2nd. 

It will be given as a prize to a new stadium battle side activity.
(Mar. 14, 2017  7:30 PM)Kai-V Wrote: OK, but why is nobody using Lost Longinus Gravity Hold and weak launching, knowing that it wins very easily against most Beyblades?

Yami did beat my DHR with L2KH in the Swiss Rounds 3-1 or 3-2 (two of his round wins coming via OS), to my amazement. I think there's definitely some difference in the molds of Hold because in my testing, L2 on Hold absolutely never outspins Deathscyther no matter what launch technique I try. I also didn't know how to launch against it properly going into that battle, but figured by the end that doing a relatively hard launch in the centre is the best bet; if you get knocked off balance and your opponent's Hold is good, you will probably lose.

That being said, we discovered later on that DHD shuts down L2 on Hold completely. Generally speaking, L2 isn't actually that great against Deathscyther. If I had to rank its (competitive) Stamina/Defense opponents from hardest to easiest opponent for L2 on a very general level, it would be like this:

1. Dark Deathscyther (Hardest)
2. Deathscyther
3. Wyvern
4. Neptune
5. Odin (Easiest)

(Mar. 16, 2017  4:50 PM)Kai-V Wrote: I am not sure this was posted already: there will be a purple recolour of the Valkyrie Layer.

Is it too much to ask for that they finally fix Valkyrie's teeth with this release?

(Mar. 15, 2017  1:36 PM)Kai-V Wrote: We saw a glimpse of that Revolve recolour in CoroCoro, but there is yet another set-of-four exclusive Driver recolours campaign with CoroCoro. This time, they are platinum recolours of Jaggy, Zephyr, Revolve and Press.

Need the Zephyr and Revolve ...
The new valkyrie and kreis look awesome by far from all the burst releases. I wonder how much it'll cost to get a hold of them.
https://namu.wiki/w/%ED%83%91%EB%B8%94%E...8%EB%AC%BC
(Mar. 16, 2017  11:24 PM)Oi Shinji Wrote: https://namu.wiki/w/%ED%83%91%EB%B8%94%E...8%EB%AC%BC

Why are you posting that?
Know what sucks? When your parents won't let you get a stadium. RIP Mint Survive. You will be missed.