Beyblade Random Thoughts

(Jan. 13, 2017  3:38 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Also specify that this means the end of all distribution of amaterios, since its availability as the Rare Bey Get Battle prize was ended a few days ago as well.

what about the video game?
(Jan. 13, 2017  7:13 PM)Jimmyjazz39 Wrote: what about the video game?

It probably stopped being produced by now hahah.
Yeah but the game will still be available. And the Platinum amaterios is available on YJA on it's own for 3500 yen and over.
(Jan. 13, 2017  9:53 PM)Ultra Wrote: Yeah but the game will still be available. And the Platinum amaterios is available on YJA on it's own for 3500 yen and over.

OK but I was clearly talking about amaterios no longer being produced by the core company, so while there may still be some in circulation somewhere from excess game stock or on auctions, technically amaterios production has ceased entirely.
(Jan. 13, 2017  11:36 AM)marutti Wrote: Black Baldur will come as a beyterminal prize from end of January

Sick! I think the blue screws still work well on this as an accent colour.
(Jan. 14, 2017  4:02 PM)Kei Wrote: Sick! I think the blue screws still work well on this as an accent colour.

Black Baldur had already been revealed before hah: https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Beyblad...pid1353816
Wait so they had in that campaign advertised as there only being 90 available and then so soon after in ended they release them in the thousands through beyterminal?
I wonder how well Force would synergize with Dragoon S' four pronged design.
Apparently this shop in Japan is selling what looks to be parts from the latest Burst versions of the S-series Beyblades (Dragoon, Dranzer, Driger and Draciel) in gashapon capsules for 300 yen, which is amazing... If only.
https://twitter.com/yamashirotoy/status/...3293570048
(Jan. 15, 2017  3:52 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Apparently this shop in Japan is selling what looks to be parts from the latest Burst versions of the S-series Beyblades (Dragoon, Dranzer, Driger and Draciel) in gashapon capsules for 300 yen, which is amazing... If only.
https://twitter.com/yamashirotoy/status/...3293570048

Is that real?
(Jan. 15, 2017  4:13 PM)SUGOI-KONICHEWA Wrote: Is that real?

It should be hah.
(Jan. 15, 2017  4:48 PM)Kai-V Wrote: It should be hah.

Wow that's like $40 cad for all four beys but I see Dranzer S' for $42
Since @[✱] meant to post this here, I'm responding here:

(Jan. 15, 2017  7:06 AM)✱ Wrote: Was testing combos with Naru today at shogatsu and I couldn't for the life of me throw anything at D2 to make it burst. My V, with pretty good teeth on it, burst itself. X2, nothing, V2, nothing. Even my new B2 layer accomplished very little today despite initial hype.

Hold is an interesting driver, and I've noticed it consistently save the bey from self ko-ing in the early moments after a vigorous launch, but After testing stock B2 against stock X2 today and having it consistently be outspun by Impact of all things, I'm not too sure how I feel about it anymore. Can't for the life of me get it to flower  pattern like I can accel/blow/zephyr.  

I've considered that Trying the above layers with Xtreme rather than the plastic flat variants may yield greater success, but I'm still not overtly fond of Xtreme as an attack driver and prefer the stamina of the other flats

Yeah, D2 is a strange one. It is very strong against a lot of Attack type Layers. Valkyrie can do OK against it, but generally that's via KO. V2 is terrible against it in every way, no question. That being said, there are several Layers we've discovered that do well against it. The main one being Minoboros in my opinion. It doing well against D2 is one of the many reasons why it has seen a rise in popularity in Toronto. Another Layer that does well against it in my experience is Zillion Zeus on Xtreme. And then there is an entire bevy of Layers that randomly seem capable of bursting it (although it usually ends in a draw): like Chaos and Storm Spryzen. I even saw in a battle yesterday that Inferno Ifrit was bursting it. So yeah, I would say keep experimenting ... For the longest time we couldn't solve D2, but Minoboros especially does well against it. Unfortunately, it's a bit rare now.

Hold does indeed have a tendency to self-KO, but @[1234beyblade] was talking to me yesterday about a technique he discovered to make it perform the rebound off the stadium walls (which is when it works is awesome) more reliably, which was basically to just bank it instead of doing a straight shot ... but I need to test it more myself. Its Stamina certainly is horrible, but I am looking forward to trying it on Lost Longinus. I wouldn't expect to get it to do a flower pattern reliably; Hold is unique in the sense that instead of aiming for that, it seems like the best strategy might be to get it to tornado stall really fast, skip the ridge, and then rebound off the stadium wall to the centre.
it would be great, if TT released all the plastic gen burst layers in a RLC.
(Jan. 16, 2017  12:25 PM)NEET no Kami Wrote: it would be great, if TT released all the plastic gen burst layers in a RLC.

Then we would get booster forms of them which means recolours
(Jan. 16, 2017  12:01 AM)Kei Wrote: Since @[✱] meant to post this here, I'm responding here:

Yeah, D2 is a strange one. It is very strong against a lot of Attack type Layers. Valkyrie can do OK against it, but generally that's via KO. V2 is terrible against it in every way, no question. That being said, there are several Layers we've discovered that do well against it. The main one being Minoboros in my opinion. It doing well against D2 is one of the many reasons why it has seen a rise in popularity in Toronto. Another Layer that does well against it in my experience is Zillion Zeus on Xtreme. And then there is an entire bevy of Layers that randomly seem capable of bursting it (although it usually ends in a draw): like Chaos and Storm Spryzen. I even saw in a battle yesterday that Inferno Ifrit was bursting it. So yeah, I would say keep experimenting ... For the longest time we couldn't solve D2, but Minoboros especially does well against it. Unfortunately, it's a bit rare now.

Hold does indeed have a tendency to self-KO, but @[1234beyblade] was talking to me yesterday about a technique he discovered to make it perform the rebound off the stadium walls (which is when it works is awesome) more reliably, which was basically to just bank it instead of doing a straight shot ... but I need to test it more myself. Its Stamina certainly is horrible, but I am looking forward to trying it on Lost Longinus. I wouldn't expect to get it to do a flower pattern reliably; Hold is unique in the sense that instead of aiming for that, it seems like the best strategy might be to get it to tornado stall really fast, skip the ridge, and then rebound off the stadium wall to the centre.

Rebounding against walls means skipping teeth and severely weakening yourself... I tried it, and Hold can still eventually decide to exit the stadium after some going around the arena a couple of times anyway.
Not only do you need to bank it needs to be a power shot and the bank nullifies the speed to a perfect speed which allows it to go on the ridge and use the walls to get hits.

Also rebounding doesn't always make it lose teeth especially on more circular layers like B2, but obviously L2 might have that problem.
(Jan. 16, 2017  6:29 PM)1234beyblade Wrote: Not only do you need to bank it needs to be a power shot and the bank nullifies the speed to a perfect speed which allows it to go on the ridge and use the walls to get hits.

Also rebounding doesn't always make it lose teeth especially on more circular layers like B2, but obviously L2 might have that problem.

just asking can someone make a video doing that launch? I'm kinda intested in how to do that "Hold Rebounder Attack"
so i need someone to tell me when beyblade micros will release
(Jan. 16, 2017  8:59 PM)pokemoncrack Wrote: so i need someone to tell me when beyblade micros will release

Perhaps in March.
(Jan. 16, 2017  8:54 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: just asking can someone make a video doing that launch? I'm kinda intested in how to do that "Hold Rebounder Attack"

The thing is when you rebound off a wall towards the centre of the stadium you can miss the other bey and that wastes a lot of stamina. Some people seem to get hold to hover around the centre of the stadium whilst others try and use the rebound strategy. If you can sucessfully launch and avoid self-ko then hold can be really powerful. At a London tournament I've seen V2GH burst deathscyther combos its crazy.
I wonder if there is a way TT could create a dual spin beyblade that can burst "normally " (like Right spin Vs Right spin) no matter which direction it is spinning .

it would be cool if there was a mode changing driver, with every click lost it changes modes like the 4D bottom from diablo nemesis.
Oh yeah it's possible, basically remove the large sections that are next to the teeth, the disk does a fine job holding it.
So I got my xeno Xcalibur today and my sword launcher doesn't seem to skip or jam finally some luck coming my way