Beyblade Random Thoughts

(Jun. 30, 2016  3:22 PM)OkinawamTS Wrote: for info in Japan (for TAKARATOMY) it's a game for kids but consider as a sport
and those who go to every G1; G2 ; G3 ; G4 event. They do not think about beyblade as just a game but as a Competitive Sport and their parents as well

but of course it will never become an olympic game

(Jun. 30, 2016  2:37 PM)Burst Wrote:
(Jun. 30, 2016  2:32 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: It can't become an olympic sport because it's not a sport in the first place.
It also cant become a Sport from what I think. Its basically a toy only. Haha !!
To be honest I never heard any Competitive Toy becoming a Sports.

I just wish the parents in Germany would do this, too. In Germany most of the parents think Beyblade is just an overpriced toy for something that breaks when you launch it from two meters above the ground on gravel. There´s also the problem that there are a lot of fake Beyblades that are bad quality and break easily and because most parents think they are the legit ones they think Beyblades are all a low quality toys.
(Jun. 28, 2016  2:08 AM)Hato Wrote:
(Jun. 28, 2016  1:48 AM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote: Hato: D2HO lost via out spin all three times if I remember correctly.

I'll assume this is against DHD;

I find this very surprising, seeing as it can best DHR by destabilizing and giving hard hits since it's somewhat aggressive. The only thing I can think of is Defense having better balance than Revolve, which is possible since it is 'more supported' with the 4 bits of plastic around the ball tip, while nothing supports Revolve since it has the free spinning outer ring. Makes me wonder if DHD counter D2GO consistently because of this, after both the (limited) results matched up.

Would somebody be able to test DHD vs D2GO?

So I got my hands on my D2, and after doing some preliminary tests or so just for fun, I could definitely tell that D2GO does not destabilize DHD as well it destabilizes DHR. It's super weird.

I'll come back with official tests sooner or later
Dreidling is considered a non-olympic sport and beyblading is basically the interactive equivalent. The only real difference between beyblade and some of the less intensive sports like darts is the vaguely TCGesque customization aspect but even in darts you can get different weights and fletching.
(Jul. 01, 2016  12:26 AM)Dracomageat Wrote: Dreidling is considered a non-olympic sport and beyblading is basically the interactive equivalent. The only real difference between beyblade and some of the less intensive sports like darts is the vaguely TCGesque customization aspect but even in darts you can get different weights and fletching.

Beyblade is a toy owned by a single company (and its licensees). It cannot be a sport. As I have been repeating for the past ten years or so :')

Also in no universe is dreidel considered a "sport."
(Jun. 29, 2016  12:08 PM)Big Smoke Wrote: https://www.change.org/p/olympic-make-be...mpic-sport

Wow...

surprised this just got posted here
known about this for a few days
36 genders lol

But I'll see you guys in Rio for the event.
Can't wait for Can Shooting, arguably my favorite event for the Beyblade portion.
(Jul. 01, 2016  12:42 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Jul. 01, 2016  12:26 AM)Dracomageat Wrote: Dreidling is considered a non-olympic sport and beyblading is basically the interactive equivalent. The only real difference between beyblade and some of the less intensive sports like darts is the vaguely TCGesque customization aspect but even in darts you can get different weights and fletching.

Beyblade is a toy owned by a single company (and its licensees). It cannot be a sport. As I have been repeating for the past ten years or so :')

I'm sure it's just an excuse for people to look professional while playing with Beyblades.
(Jul. 01, 2016  12:42 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:

Being the IP of a single company hasn't stopped the likes of e-sports such as League of Legends or Counter-Strike from gaining massive worldwide support and coverage through mainstream sports outlets though Wink

I have no argument for dreidels being a sport though XD
Good point! e-sports aren't really sports, though. And they're still way more demanding than Beyblade.
(Jul. 01, 2016  4:03 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Good point! e-sports aren't really sports, though. And they're still way more demanding than Beyblade.

"an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment."

I seriously think we should stop saying that at this point haha.
(Jul. 01, 2016  4:07 AM)Shirayuki Wrote:
(Jul. 01, 2016  4:03 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Good point! e-sports aren't really sports, though. And they're still way more demanding than Beyblade.
"an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment."

And since when do e-sports involve physical exertion?

(Jul. 01, 2016  12:42 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: ... in no universe is dreidel considered a "sport."

Tell that to Major League Dreidel.
(Jul. 01, 2016  9:50 AM)Dracomageat Wrote:
(Jul. 01, 2016  4:07 AM)Shirayuki Wrote:

And since when do e-sports involve physical exertion?

(Jul. 01, 2016  12:42 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: ... in no universe is dreidel considered a "sport."

Tell that to Major League Dreidel.

Have you ever played StarCraft past the bronze league? That game most certainly requires physical exertion when played at it's highest level.
Regarding physical activity, while if you want to get really technical, video games could be considered physical activity, this page gives a pretty good overview: https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-...opics/phys

The sentence that I think is important is: "Many Americans are not active enough. The good news, though, is that even modest amounts of physical activity are good for your health. The more active you are, the more you will benefit."

So will playing video games benefit your health?

This is getting a bit off-topic though...
just in case if nobody has seen it yet,
but the Beyblade Burst Random Layer Collection 4 has been announced
October release
So there is a probability that the Quad Quetzalcatl will be the rare Dual Layer from that set.

and probably next week they will announce the regular release for the October to December items
(Jul. 02, 2016  2:43 AM)OkinawamTS Wrote: just in case if nobody has seen it yet,
October release
So there is a probability that the Quad Quetzalcatl will be the rare Dual Layer from that set.

and probably next week they will announce the regular release for the October to December items

Oh right, I am just seeing this hah. I will make the topic for it right away. I do not know about Quad Quetzalcoatl though, there is no indication that it will be that or anything else.
I only said there is a probability but it's not sure
I especialy said this coz it has Quad in is name. And Quad as everybody knows mean 4
so if TT staffs are clever they will put it in this set

(Jul. 02, 2016  2:48 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jul. 02, 2016  2:43 AM)OkinawamTS Wrote: just in case if nobody has seen it yet,
October release

Oh right, I am just seeing this hah. I will make the topic for it right away. I do not know about Quad Quetzalcoatl though, there is no indication that it will be that or anything else.
The first victim of Xeno Xcalibur...
Damn... I mean I recall Brad mentioning about another D2 that has been broken before and now this happens. I really need to be careful with my favourite Dual Layer now.
Would Triple balance out Trident or Deathscyther when you place it right? Then I could imagine Trident Triple Xtreme as an attack combo.

I have a feeling that Trident´s Dual Layer will look like Upper Dragoon.
Nah, Trident Two will obviously be Triangle Wing.
(Jul. 03, 2016  6:35 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: Nah, Trident Two will obviously be Triangle Wing.

Trident is based on Torch which is based on Triangle Wing.
i wonder how upper attack would fare in beyblade burst?
(Jul. 03, 2016  8:37 PM)NEET no Kami Wrote: i wonder how upper attack would fare in beyblade burst?

I think downward attack might be even more fatal hah.

By the way, we can see more of the part checking process at the last Grade 1 event, as well as the chaos and delay that ensue when apparently a part does not work up to their standard:

In another video, the judge litterally took two minutes to check the Bladers' Beyblades.
(Jul. 04, 2016  2:42 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jul. 03, 2016  8:37 PM)NEET no Kami Wrote: i wonder how upper attack would fare in beyblade burst?

I think downward attack might be even more fatal hah.

force smash?
or is downward attack something different?
No idea what people want to call it hah.
You know what I just realized? Now that we've already got a "T" layer in Trident, we more than likely aren't going to get a Thor Layer to accompany Odin. I would rather have something like Thunderous Thor than T______ Trident.