Beyblade Random Thoughts

Probably because it's an extremely expensive Beyblade nowadays, and the lack of interest in Beyblade back then; nobody wants to spend so much money on a Beyblade, and use such an expensive Beyblade.
(Apr. 22, 2016  10:31 AM)FIREFIRE Wrote: Anyone noticed, there aren't any battle videos on Shining God MS on YouTube?

There's one on Roux's channel (Nonokey6).
(Apr. 21, 2016  11:05 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Well the weird TV commercials for Beyblade are back...

I honestly don't think I've ever been so lost in my entire life.

like what actually is this
Apparently "kamattechan" is someone who tries to get all the attention to themselves, which is the word we see when the guy appears, and then the monk hits him for being egocentric when he could have just been Beyblading instead and have gotten attention there.

There will be new customize sticker sheets for the first four Dual Layer Beyblades, and you can pre-order them on AmiAmi: http://www.amiami.jp/top/detail/detail?gcode=GOODS-00087331&page=top
It also has stickers for the BeyLogger, the BeyLauncher, the Light Launcher, the Launcher Grip and some for a stadium apparently.
On the topic of commercials; I have the Wild Wyvern/Dark Deathscyther one saved if it interests anyone to see.
Man, those commercials are weird... They are awkwardly funny, and I was probably laughing and confused when the cool kids sat on the wet bench, since it made no sense for a Beyblade commercial XD

(Apr. 22, 2016  6:32 PM)~Mana~ Wrote: On the topic of commercials; I have the Wild Wyvern/Dark Deathscyther one saved if it interests anyone to see.

If it is as weird as the other ones, I am all eyes and ears.
Nice: for Golden Week, which starts around April 29th in Japan, TAKARA-TOMY is holding a "Beyblade Training Gym" on a few days and people will be able to just do free battles, compete against actual wbba. staff, as well as a "Burst Point Getter" minigame which apparently implies a coloured stadium and depending on where your Beyblade lands or where make the opponent burst, you will get different amounts of points.
i wonder if RDF would be better for defense if the flat tip was replaced by rubber ball or rubber sharp.

i how wide a rubber flat tip could be before it becomes too uncontrollable, or too ridiculous.
It's top tier for defence so I'm not sure it needs any changes/improvements.
One thing I never realised till now is that my launcher finally skipping didn't come from the Winder to Gear but rather the Gear to the Prongs.
(Apr. 23, 2016  3:46 PM)NEET no Kami Wrote: i wonder if RDF would be better for defense if the flat tip was replaced by rubber ball or rubber sharp.

It all comes down to balancing surface area (better for grip) against aggressive motion (more likely to be hit closer to stadium's edge). If RDF isn't too aggressive then a tip with a lower surface area would not be better.
After watching the new videos of Wild Wyvern and Dark Deathscyther, I still don't uderstand why the new layers that are supposed to be ''upgrades'' of the old ones are a lot worse. It's so weird that so far, none of all the new layers released have enough potential to be safely used in a tournament. I know it's not the case, but I feel like Takara Tomy haven't really tested any of the new layers and only designed them for the look.
(Apr. 27, 2016  4:59 PM)MissingNo. Wrote: After watching the new videos of Wild Wyvern and Dark Deathscyther, I still don't uderstand why the new layers that are supposed to be ''upgrades'' of the old ones are a lot worse. It's so weird that so far, none of all the new layers released have enough potential to be safely used in a tournament. I know it's not the case, but I feel like Takara Tomy haven't really tested any of the new layers and only designed them for the look.

Even though K2 isn't brilliant on it's own, I think that layer has more use in Burst defense than Kerbeus, too bad it's balance seems to be worse.
(Apr. 27, 2016  4:59 PM)MissingNo. Wrote: After watching the new videos of Wild Wyvern and Dark Deathscyther, I still don't uderstand why the new layers that are supposed to be ''upgrades'' of the old ones are a lot worse. It's so weird that so far, none of all the new layers released have enough potential to be safely used in a tournament. I know it's not the case, but I feel like Takara Tomy haven't really tested any of the new layers and only designed them for the look.

Wait, how are you making these conclusions based on those videos?

Also, this isn't really new. Storm is a worse wheel than Pegasis, for example, and the F series is universally worse than the S series in Plastics.

My guesses: Wild Wyvern will have better Defense but worse Stamina than the original. Dark Deathscyther will completely outclass Deathcyther and, if it doesn't, it will at least be substantially less vulnerable to Valkyrie-based stationary attacks than Deathscyther proper is.
I'm obviously not basing my opinion on two videos, (created only to show how good the new beyblades are.)

Maybe W2 and D2 are going to be useful, we can't be sure 100% yet, but so far almost every other Dual Layer is not useful nor outclassed by the old ones, so...

Maybe making the next wave worser than the previous one was all planned ?
Eh for power creep to happen the parts at the beginning have to be worse. Also I doubt they really planned for them to be worse. However I doubt they really care as long as they sell well.
(Apr. 27, 2016  8:49 PM)MissingNo. Wrote: I'm obviously not basing my opinion on two videos, (created only to show how good the new beyblades are.)

Maybe W2 and D2 are going to be useful, we can't be sure 100% yet, but so far almost every other Dual Layer is not useful nor outclassed by the old ones, so...

Maybe making the next wave worser than the previous one was all planned ?

Well, you mentioned D2 and W2 by name and framed your post around having watched those videos, so that's why I was confused by your post.

I just think that it's weird to be surprised by this when stuff like this has been the status quo for Beyblade literally forever. Most releases are not game-changing. The first generation is often better than the second. Gameplay results are unpredictable and by the time a design team can actually test a design using final materials, the design is in a state where there's little room to adjust it.

The process likely works like this: a part is designed with both aesthetic considerations and a hypothesis around how it will function as a gameplay item. You can 3D print prototypes, but they will never perform like the final product well (and in the case of Burst's incredibly complicated designs when compared with previous generations, producing prototypes is probably exponentially more difficult). By the time you get a "prototype" from the actual manufacturing process, the design is largely locked-in. You can "modify" the existing mould, but you're extremely limited in what you can do with it. Producing new moulds is incredibly expensive and could delay release by weeks or even months.

Basically, the designers don't have a final idea of what the part performs like until quite late in the manufacturing process.

If every new design was better than every old design, there'd be incessant complaints about power creep. Do I think the Dual Layer releases are lack-luster and feel disappointed as a player? Yeah, absolutely. I've written about it here at length. Do I think it indicates a sudden downturn in Beyblade's gameplay design? Not really.

I've linked to this list a ton of times before to make similar points, but seriously, look at the MFB product list: http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php?...oduct_List

In the first year, I would say the only truly great Wheel designs were Pegasis, Virgo, Libra, L-Drago and Lightning. In terms of Bottoms Vs. Drivers, I would say Burst is already way ahead, although leaning a bit too heavily on Stamina. We got Xtreme quite early, which is nice, at least.

There's often theories posted here that seem pretty far-fetched to me, and making the new wave intentionally worse than the previous one is definitely up there. The simplest explanation is probably the correct one: game-balancing Beyblade is hard and the results are unpredictable and, sometimes, disappointing.
(Apr. 27, 2016  9:56 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Gameplay results are unpredictable and by the time a design team can actually test a design using final materials, the design is in a state where there's little room to adjust it.

The process likely works like this: a part is designed with both aesthetic considerations and a hypothesis around how it will function as a gameplay item. You can 3D print prototypes, but they will never perform like the final product well (and in the case of Burst's incredibly complicated designs when compared with previous generations, producing prototypes is probably exponentially more difficult). By the time you get a "prototype" from the actual manufacturing process, the design is largely locked-in. You can "modify" the existing mould, but you're extremely limited in what you can do with it. Producing new moulds is incredibly expensive and could delay release by weeks or even months.

Basically, the designers don't have a final idea of what the part performs like until quite late in the manufacturing process.

This is so true.

I would also like to add that Tomy (and I assume Takara Tomy) has traditionally emphasised the use of focus groups to inform their product designs. They have a bunch of adults creating toys for kids - so this is particularly important. They will produce a number of working prototypes and actually get a bunch of kids in to play with them. Then they will ask these kids what they like and don't like about the toys. With this feedback, they essentially create a checklist of design limitations to work within; such as, "it needs more color," or something petty like that. These focus groups are held regularly enough that Tomy has its own department specifically for this function.

Also, the plastic used to create the colored section of a layer is necessarily more fragile than the clear plastic used in the launching part. This is just an inherent chemical difference in making all plastic toys. Clear plastic has a different chemical composition to colored plastic. The chemical difference itself is in the elasticity; the clear part has a higher tensile strength but is more likely to chip (in small spikey chunks) where the colored part is more elastic but more likely to snap (in broad, clean fractures). Because Takara Tomy usually relies on just a single manufacturer for a product series, it is unlikely they can simply change the "mix" they are using for their plastic. So they're stuck with inherently weaker colored parts forever.

I can just imagine a focus group of kids wanting more colored parts in their layers and the beyblade designers thinking, "Uh oh."
(Apr. 23, 2016  3:44 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Nice: for Golden Week, which starts around April 29th in Japan, TAKARA-TOMY is holding a "Beyblade Training Gym" on a few days and people will be able to just do free battles, compete against actual wbba. staff, as well as a "Burst Point Getter" minigame which apparently implies a coloured stadium and depending on where your Beyblade lands or where make the opponent burst, you will get different amounts of points.

The colo-coded stadium and how many points you get is quite awesome, it is like playing darts but with where the burst parts land hah. Here is a picture from Ameba:

[Image: SZAGasz.jpg]
I still don't understand why they hate Ragnaruk so much.
(Apr. 29, 2016  10:01 PM)MissingNo. Wrote: I still don't understand why they hate Ragnaruk so much.

Someone has to be weakest, so all can show of 'how strong I'm. I just deferted ragneruk'.

Off-Topic but i don't it's blader is that bad. He seems to have good skills

[Spoiler=spoilt spoiler]
Sliding shot stamina type to doge attack types. Lol i though no one except me do that
The day I find a replacement pinion gear for my 3 Rev Up Launchers... Does anyone even make extras?
Mine is broken as well. Hope somebody with a 3D printer would eventually print and sell some.
(Apr. 30, 2016  5:26 PM)MissingNo. Wrote: Mine is broken as well. Hope somebody with a 3D printer would eventually print and sell some.

Give me a Rev Up launcher and I could see what I can do about it Grin
Shame that gear parts break and that launchers wear out so easily...
(Apr. 30, 2016  6:38 PM)Manicben Wrote:
(Apr. 30, 2016  5:26 PM)MissingNo. Wrote: Mine is broken as well. Hope somebody with a 3D printer would eventually print and sell some.

Give me a Rev Up launcher and I could see what I can do about it Grin
Shame that gear parts break and that launchers wear out so easily...

Can 3D printed parts actually withstand the torque/wear experienced in beyblade launchers?