Beyblade Random Thoughts

(Oct. 03, 2015  3:27 PM)gankoba Wrote: Would some polish keep it looking shiny or would I have to apply something else as well? As much as I love my Beys, I'm not going to polish them every week just to keep them pretty

Eh, I can get where you're coming from but then I have to ask will this be the beyblades you play for the sake of friends, competitive, or so forth or is to just save up to make it look pretty? There is several reason why but I'm just asking as this one came across my mind like a bolt of lightning.
Well, mine are all grey and dull, they weren't even that shiny out of the box. Just want to see how much theyll sparkle
I've been wondering why most attack type right spinning beys metal wheel face counter clockwise e.g. Big Bang Pegasis,it spins in the clockwise motion right?But why do the wings face counter clockwise?Wouldnt that be counter productive as L Drago Destroy's heads face in the counter clockwise direction as L drago spins In a counter clockwise motion which gives maximum attack.So could anyone answer this question?
(Oct. 04, 2015  3:46 PM)Jetsnake1 Wrote: I've been wondering why most attack type right spinning beys metal wheel face counter clockwise e.g. Big Bang Pegasis,it spins in the clockwise motion right?But why do the wings face counter clockwise?Wouldnt that be counter productive as L Drago Destroy's heads face in the counter clockwise direction as L drago spins In a counter clockwise motion which gives maximum attack.So could anyone answer this question?
I've always wondered that and I think when a person stops a Beyblade like that with their hands it hurts a lot. Maybe Takara and Hasbro don't want lawsuits because of that? That's just my guess.
Some parts in general hurt as well. Early H145s are an easy picking. Not to mention grabbing certain wheels with sharper edges on them.
if you look at plastic gen, and even burst, you'll see more pronuonced smash attack points. however, when there is metal on metal contact, collisions have more energy. therefore, attack points don't need to be like that to produce large amounts of smash attack.
You've also got to consider how such aggressive attack points would be very vulnerable to wear and breaks, and would also cause a ton of recoil. Take a look at Variares - it's insanely aggressive and has tons of smash, but wears out quickly and has lots of recoil.
Plus, its metal, a metal object facing the sharper way will most likely do more damage than a plastic one, and its heavier so it has more momentum and velocity.
Which is why mfb is the op of the gens. That metal wheel is more than enough to cause some major damage, that is against the other gens.
A pretty popular youtuber names ashens unboxed some fake beys. I found it to be pretty hilarious and interesting that he found a really weird fake plastics launcher.

"Beyblade Toilet"

lol, lovely add to the title really.

those beyblades made me cringe to a point where they were hurting my very being. i mean, wow...the fake sponge bob one looked way more believable then those two!
I wish my son had friends that were into Beyblade.... At the moment it doesn't really seem like Beyblade is all that popular... Although it may just be because I'm not really in the Beyblade scene yet... I really want other people to challenge...
(Oct. 05, 2015  12:28 PM)gankoba Wrote: I wish my son had friends that were into Beyblade.... At the moment it doesn't really seem like Beyblade is all that popular... Although it may just be because I'm not really in the Beyblade scene yet... I really want other people to challenge...

Actually, TAKARA-TOMY's sales are slightly lower in 2015 than in 2014, but they are betting it all on Beyblade Burst mostly in 2016, so that means that so far, in two months, the toyline must have shown good enough potential.
(Oct. 05, 2015  12:28 PM)gankoba Wrote: I wish my son had friends that were into Beyblade.... At the moment it doesn't really seem like Beyblade is all that popular... Although it may just be because I'm not really in the Beyblade scene yet... I really want other people to challenge...

Have you tried attending G4 events?: https://beyblade.takaratomy.co.jp/champ_g4
There's two events I can join coming later this month! Gonna see if I can post videos and or photos of the events.
From what I understand, G4 prizes are either the gold, silver, or bronze light launcher right? Can anyone tell me what prizes are for g1 ~ G3 events?
(Oct. 05, 2015  2:29 PM)gankoba Wrote: There's two events I can join coming later this month! Gonna see if I can post videos and or photos of the events.
From what I understand, G4 prizes are either the gold, silver, or bronze light launcher right? Can anyone tell me what prizes are for g1 ~ G3 events?

Currently there are no G1-G3 events announced, so once there are upcoming tournaments of those grades, they will also announce the prizes, but we cannot know what they will be until then hah.

You got the prizes for G4 tournaments right, but right now there is also a chance to win pieces of this awesome Spriggan recolour : http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-B-02-DX-...pid1283517
(Oct. 05, 2015  2:11 PM)Kai-V Wrote:

Actually, TAKARA-TOMY's sales are slightly lower in 2015 than in 2014, but they are betting it all on Beyblade Burst mostly in 2016, so that means that so far, in two months, the toyline must have shown good enough potential.

That sounds really awesome Kai-V!!!!

So they're really pushing Beyblade!!! I was really excited for another Takara toy, Beast Saga, but that ended up being a huge flop and they ended up cutting the line short, much to my dismay...
It was a fun game too, they went all out with a TV series, video games, and comic books... I don't see why they failed as they did Unhappy
>wishes Son had friends into beyblade to play against.
>Wishes he could challenge someone

I'm I'mgetting a mixed message here completely. So you both want people to play against?
Well, I want to challenge his friends too, lol. Cause I haven't met any adults to play against. I know they're out there somewhere, but I can't seem to find the rocks they're hiding under.
Japanese Beyblade fans are pretty active on Twitter, so maybe try there? And you might meet some at the G4 events.

Gankoba, are you Japanese yourself or just living in Japan?
I am Japanese, but was born in America and lived there most my life. It's a bit weird, but my japanese isn't perfect, and I can hardly read any of it, in fact my 7 year old son can read better and faster than I can Grin
Ahh I see! Good luck at the tournaments!

If you could, I'd love to know what combinations you see there.
(Oct. 05, 2015  3:23 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Ahh I see! Good luck at the tournaments!

If you could, I'd love to know what combinations you see there.

Thanks! The first tournament in in a week and the next one is another week after that. I'll see what I can pick up, actually have no idea what to expect. I'm guessing maybe a bunch of kids my son's age, lol, I'm probably either gonna feel really awkward, or mix right in
Most parents and store owners won't be happy about being recorded, but you're free to ask, of course.