Beyblade Random Thoughts

(Aug. 20, 2014  4:11 AM)Dual Wrote: What's this whole "bae" brouhaha going around? Does it stand for something or is it some sort of "slang"?

Back on topic, I do believe beyblade is a sport. A sport is defined as an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment.

Physical exertion? A bit. Skill? Yes. Individual or team competing against others for entertainment? Yes, yes, and yes.

If that's what a sport is then it kinda is a sport, as for the physical exertion part, the only thing is launching the Beyblade itself, and it's just mainly watching it.
I'm not sure if this should go here, but since it's related to beyblade, I'll have a go.
I was thinking if we could work out the chance of winning a tournament with a particular bey, it would be nice (Just for fun, of course). So here's my blargh:

Taking winnables (Winrate>50%) against customs that will generally be at tournaments/the sample space (um?):
Evil Aries BD145Q vs MSF-H Wyvang Wyvang GB145R2F
Winrate=100%

Evil Aries BD145Q vs Duo Cancer W145WD
Winrate=100%

Evil Aries BD145Q vs Dark Gil M145MS
Winrate=0%

Evil Aries BD145Q vs Poison Horogium 230Q
Winrate=0%

Then, we calculate the chance of winning with the equation:

P(W)=(w/c)^m

Where
P is the possibility
W is the chance of winning a tournament
w is the number of combos it can win against
c is the number of combos in the sample space, which is the combos you'd expect at your tournament
m is the number of matches you'd expect to play in your tournament on your way to the finals.

For Evil Aries BD145Q, in a tournament of 16 (2^4) contestants,

P(W)=(2/4)^4
P(W)=1/56

The theoretical chance of winning a tournament of 16 contestants with a Evil Aries BD145Q is 1/56, or 1.785714286%.

Keep in mind that I have only factored in the winrates under testing conditions. In a tournament, anxiety and other factors can affect the chance of winning a tournament. But I'm going to include this in my testing threads.

EDIT: Kai-V What you said is completely true; there are too many variables. Which makes me think of formal testing posting under perfect tournament conditions (if possible, since it's like Heisenberg's uncertainty principle) as a non-negotiable supplementary addition to home-tests in testing threads. I might do it in mine.

(Does anyone want me to work out the chance of winning with multiple blades? If so, I'll update this post).
Unfortunately, if you had ever attended a World Beyblade Organization tournament, you would know that there are more variables to why you win in an event and that home test results are not representative at all, especially in the way you mean to use them.
I honestly would never use a Quake tip in a tournament, be it a zero G format I would never use it
It totally sucks, I'd use it for entertainment only
Just a quick example of "tumbling" in the Zero-G Attack Type BeyStadium.

http://instagram.com/p/r72PbOSThp/

Hopefully this is helpful to those who didn't fully understand the rulebook's terminology before.
Oh yeah, I sorta get it now.
That's tumbling. Ah, I know about that.

(Aug. 20, 2014  4:11 AM)Dual Wrote: What's this whole "bae" brouhaha going around? Does it stand for something or is it some sort of "slang"?

Back on topic, I do believe beyblade is a sport. A sport is defined as an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment.

Physical exertion? A bit. Skill? Yes. Individual or team competing against others for entertainment? Yes, yes, and yes.

Bæ means "before anything else" I believe.
It's a stupid term; because it's yourself always.
Before anyone else, I'm pretty sure. People say it quite a bit at my school, it's really annoying, hah.

I thought this was Random Thoughts, sorry for the spam. But I dont really consider Beyblade a sport unless you play at tournaments.
(Aug. 20, 2014  10:50 PM)Aɴɢʀʏ Fᴀᴄᴇ Wrote: Just a quick example of "tumbling" in the Zero-G Attack Type BeyStadium.

Hopefully this is helpful to those who didn't fully understand the rulebook's terminology before.

Wow, that was simple hahah. I have no idea why it took me so long to reproduce it when I tried : I probably did not have the right parts for it. I really appreciate you doing it though, and understanding the concept, hah.
(Aug. 21, 2014  12:20 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Aug. 20, 2014  10:50 PM)Aɴɢʀʏ Fᴀᴄᴇ Wrote: Just a quick example of "tumbling" in the Zero-G Attack Type BeyStadium.

Wow, that was simple hahah. I have no idea why it took me so long to reproduce it when I tried : I probably did not have the right parts for it. I really appreciate you doing it though, and understanding the concept, hah.

Did you ever finish the Quake Mold 1 Video?
I never put them together yet, but all the scenes exist, for sure.
(Aug. 21, 2014  1:58 AM)Kai-V Wrote: I never put them together yet, but all the scenes exist, for sure.

Can't wait to see it in action ^^ I myself tested a homemade first mold Q and the design make the tip bounce by itself, really nice if paired with Hasbro's M145 Smile
(Aug. 21, 2014  12:47 PM)|BeyBouncer| Wrote:
(Aug. 21, 2014  1:58 AM)Kai-V Wrote: I never put them together yet, but all the scenes exist, for sure.

Can't wait to see it in action ^^ I myself tested a homemade first mold Q and the design make the tip bounce by itself, really nice if paired with Hasbro's M145 Smile

Is hasbro's M145 different?
(Aug. 21, 2014  2:07 PM)Neo Wrote:
(Aug. 21, 2014  12:47 PM)|BeyBouncer| Wrote:

Sure, the mechanism is stronger and not slip from big jump mode to small jump mode like Takara Tomy's. Really akward --'
(Aug. 21, 2014  2:13 PM)|BeyBouncer| Wrote:
(Aug. 21, 2014  2:07 PM)Neo Wrote:
(Aug. 21, 2014  12:47 PM)|BeyBouncer| Wrote: Can't wait to see it in action ^^ I myself tested a homemade first mold Q and the design make the tip bounce by itself, really nice if paired with Hasbro's M145 Smile

Sure, the mechanism is stronger and not slip from big jump mode to small jump mode like Takara Tomy's. Really akward --'

How did you make the Q mold 1 mod?
(Aug. 21, 2014  2:18 PM)Neo Wrote:
(Aug. 21, 2014  2:13 PM)|BeyBouncer| Wrote:
(Aug. 21, 2014  2:07 PM)Neo Wrote: Is hasbro's M145 different?

I just looked on pics from the packing and the instructions of the booster of Storm Capricorne and I used sand paper with really small grains to create the shape. It was really near of the original but still illegal Uncertain
(Aug. 21, 2014  2:39 PM)|BeyBouncer| Wrote:
(Aug. 21, 2014  2:18 PM)Neo Wrote:
(Aug. 21, 2014  2:13 PM)|BeyBouncer| Wrote: Sure, the mechanism is stronger and not slip from big jump mode to small jump mode like Takara Tomy's. Really akward --'

I just looked on pics from the packing and the instructions of the booster of Storm Capricorne and I used sand paper with really small grains to create the shape. It was really near of the original but still illegal Uncertain
Use it in street play tho.
(Aug. 21, 2014  2:40 PM)Neo Wrote:
(Aug. 21, 2014  2:39 PM)|BeyBouncer| Wrote:
(Aug. 21, 2014  2:18 PM)Neo Wrote: How did you make the Q mold 1 mod?

Use it in street play tho.

I'm sure you could make some really crazy tips, that do cooler stuff than quake, for "street play". When you say stree to lay though it makes me think of the anime, with kids just spinning tops in alleys, and apparently on the street sometimes.
Hah, that would be cool, wouldn't it?
(Aug. 21, 2014  6:04 PM)Neo Wrote: Hah, that would be cool, wouldn't it?
I tried that once like 2 years ago. My Metal Fury Variares didn't think it was very cool.
(Aug. 21, 2014  6:29 PM)The Supreme One Wrote:
(Aug. 21, 2014  6:04 PM)Neo Wrote: Hah, that would be cool, wouldn't it?
I tried that once like 2 years ago. My Metal Fury Variares didn't think it was very cool.

The only tips I do stupid tricks with are q and ms, because both are trash. I habve even copied a couple of youtubers and set my burn fire-blaze on fire, while it was spinning on a hf, only burn survived the trick though. May the beyblade gods have mercy on the abominations we have committed.
My Lightning LDrago was outside in snow for 2 days.
Scratches all over it. Heads smashed in.
HF is an oval.
(Aug. 21, 2014  7:04 PM)Neo Wrote: My Lightning LDrago was outside in snow for 2 days.
HF is an oval.
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Whine-about-your-breaks

It'd be cool if we could get other formats off play, additional formats rather than just Limited, Standard and Zero-G. Maybe something that incorporates 4D more, since they are banned in limited and outclassed for the most part in Standard and Zero G apart from Flash (I'm talking mostly about MW, BTW) . Slightly unrealistic perhaps, but it would definitely be cool.
(Aug. 21, 2014  7:14 PM)Poseidon Wrote:
(Aug. 21, 2014  7:04 PM)Neo Wrote: My Lightning LDrago was outside in snow for 2 days.
HF is an oval.

It'd be cool if we could get other formats off play, additional formats rather than just Limited, Standard and Zero-G. Maybe something that incorporates 4D more, since they are banned in limited and outclassed for the most part in Standard and Zero G apart from Flash (I'm talking mostly about MW, BTW) . Slightly unrealistic perhaps, but it would definitely be cool.
Plastics and HMS Zero-G pls.
(Aug. 21, 2014  7:49 PM)Neo Wrote:
(Aug. 21, 2014  7:14 PM)Poseidon Wrote:
HF is an oval.

Plastics and HMS Zero-G pls.
those are formats.

Poseiden: Phantom (MF-L Phantom Cygnus 80MF) and Diablo (MF-H Diablo Kerbecs Bd145RF) say hi.