Beyblade Random Thoughts

Oh lawdy. I hit Hyberblades Jackpot. I bought Cosmic F : D, L-Drago F : S, Jade Jupiter, Blitz, Variares, and Diablo all in one bunch. I have to admit, Blitz's and Drago's Colors are awesome. Variares was probably colored by a Hasbro employee's 5 year old son. It is that childish.
(Mar. 10, 2013  3:56 PM)Secret B Wrote: *Victory dance*

Lucky you, my town barely has wave one, and most of them had kids rip them open so they can steal the assembly tool...
Once I get my hands on that Hyperblade Blitz I plan on making it my first custom. And why couldn't they make the Variares Metal Piece be White while the plastic part red like Hasbros gift set recolor, it's hands down the best version IMO.
I'm just waiting on my Toys R' Us or Walmart, to get the Wave 2 Hyperblades. I really want Jade Jupiter, Variares, and Blitz Striker. Smile
(Mar. 10, 2013  4:02 PM)Yozzoy Wrote:

Lucky you, my town barely has wave one, and most of them had kids rip them open so they can steal the assembly tool...
Once I get my hands on that Hyperblade Blitz I plan on making it my first custom. And why couldn't they make the Variares Metal Piece be White while the plastic part red like Hasbros gift set recolor, it's hands down the best version IMO.

Out of all the things they could steal, why on earth would it be the tool?
(Mar. 10, 2013  7:17 PM)Wombat Wrote:
(Mar. 10, 2013  4:02 PM)Yozzoy Wrote:

Out of all the things they could steal, why on earth would it be the tool?

Well it varied, some stole the bey, others cracked a Flash Sagittario open and took the instruction/ripcord baggy but assembly tools and ripcords were the most common out of the handful that were cracked open (It's not theft city by any means but still like 7 beys packs were clearly broken into). Theft in beyblade is annoying as heck, and it's a busy Walmart I have no idea how they do it without getting caught... I'm sure tournaments are safer than the stores lol.
Honestly, the hyperblades cosmic recolor that comes wth the hyper strike battle set has to look sick!!! I have to admit though, they rigged the stadium so that l drago just can't win, btw, what we be the best hms beyblade or a good price?

Oh n in the "scenario" dranzer mf, beat the dud out of them for making me ruin dranzers tip....
This is more to do with the cost of Beyblades but I remember not long ago NIB Dragoon G's being like $10 each. And now they're selling on eBay for $40 and people are actually buying them! It's madness and shocked me when I saw it haha. Too bad I opened the one I bought a while back (for $7 that is).
We discussed that particular phenomenon a couple of pages back, greedy sellers and mind bogglingly stupid buyers with way too much money and way too little knowledge, killing the market -and therefore the game - for the rest of us. Hopefully the price list helps somewhat with the latter, but those two things are basically the hammer in the plastic gen coffin analogy.

Some may say I'm being harsh on both parties but if you're making that much profit off what was one of the few decent cheap plastics left - one of even fewer that comes with a launcher and ripcord and thus a major entry point for new players into a game some people are pretty passionate about, then you're just a terrible person in my books, and if you pay $40 for a dragoon g, you don't ever deserve to live it down. Permanent Plastics Dunce Hat.
I was quite happy when I saw a seller (fototown) on eBay sold Dragoon G's for $8, just a few days ago. He/she only only had 2 available for Buy it Now, but still. I was glad to see someone didn't drag the cat down the road and followed the other sellers' price.
It's a shame that the price of the Dragoon Gs had to increase. I'm currently in need of another one too...
I went to Target today, and I had to choose between Blitz Unicorno, and Variares. It eventually came down to which one would be harder to get overall. $15+ Variares, or $28+ Blitz Unicorno. With that, I chose Unicorno.

In other news... (Contained within spoiler to shorten the length of the post conveniently)
Pretty soon Bump King will be $100 lol....
This is truly amazing: I found DEMS super cheap! Seven dollars!! It's hasbro but wth........ And on the note of dragoon g I found a pretty good price! grevolution-dark-effigy-NIB-hard-metal-system-/111032932234?pt=TV_Movie_Character_Toys_US&hash=item19da14178a and http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000ND3...d_i=507846

Supa cheap!!
Can you actually give us a link ... ?
Oh sorry.........I didn't know... Here http://www.ebay.com/itm/BEYBLADE-grevolu...19da14178a if it doesn't come I have no idea
It is an auction, and it will be at least 17.50 ...
I know but seriously, if all goes well, which it probabaly won't in my case, it will stay at 17.50 which truthfully, isn't a bad price for DEMS
That would also belong in the eBay Topic.
I was looking up pictures of Pegasis and I found a picture of a Pegasis Cake!

Haha, I remember seeing one of those for Horogium a while back.
There are a bunch of them circulating around Etsy, along with Beyblade party sets in different varieties, haha.
I recently picked up the Hyperblades Jade seeing how well the Metal Fury Jade did. (And the RB of course!)

I tested it in a similar setup as MF Jade and it was pretty good. I think it is sorta hilarious how some of the members in the original testing thread for Jade, didn't see the large gaps on the bottom of the metal wheel and immediately think, "Hey what happens if I pop this on TH170?"

It is sorta useless now because of Flash and synchroms, but I would have enjoyed seeing Jade attackers around, wiping the floor with Duo defense combos before Flash was released.
(Mar. 19, 2013  4:22 AM)Meow! Wrote: I recently picked up the Hyperblades Jade seeing how well the Metal Fury Jade did. (And the RB of course!)

I tested it in a similar setup as MF Jade and it was pretty good. I think it is sorta hilarious how some of the members in the original testing thread for Jade, didn't see the large gaps on the bottom of the metal wheel and immediately think, "Hey what happens if I pop this on TH170?"

It is sorta useless now because of Flash and synchroms, but I would have enjoyed seeing Jade attackers around, wiping the floor with Duo defense combos before Flash was released.

I'll
just
leave
these
here...

I just want to say that i don't get how people can collect NIB and Mint beyblades, in the meaning I can't do it my self, I tried but I see them and they call me, they whisper to me, "plaaaaaay with meeeee..."

EDIT: Ingulit Meow! I will make a friend tried what you posted, his first beyblade was a Jade Jupiter 130RS (I changed it because I needed at the time de S130RB and he won it on a PS3 tournament I made) and maybe he will be glad to see a combo of it that might work!
I totally agree to that.
Even I struggle when it comes to trying keeping things NIB. Whenever I look at a bey that I've kept NIB, it initiates a thought process-
Even if that bey is NIB, it is getting old inside the box. It may not have any damage marks on it, but what if it is already damaged in-package? Or... or, what if this bey would never be rare, even if I waited for 50 years before selling it? It would mean that I totally wasted my time. Forget time, I have put in so much of energy to keep my hands away from it. Is it worth it? Is it worth spending $7 for this bey, just so that I could get tempted (and tortured) by it? Spending $7 just so that I could earn an estimated $50 on this transaction after about a decade? Yeah, no pain, no gain. But one shouldn't care about the future so much. *Rips off packet*
I personally keep some in their package cause I like to see how much the packaging designs have changed over the years. It's not the same as looking up pictures of them online, kind of like seeing a famous painting in person rather than a poster of it.
The only times I worry about keeping something NIB/NIP is when they have batteries in them, cause those can corrode and damage the product. Otherwise, I don't have a problem with keeping them in their original condition. Toys, like Beyblades for instance, are more valuable over time if they're kept in the original package, no matter what hypothetical condition they're in.

The following are examples of questions I ask myself when looking at my NIB/NIP Beyblades or other products:
1. Can I go out to a retail store, such as Wal-Mart, Target, or Toys R Us, and buy it off the shelf?
2. Can it be found regularly online for a similar price?
3. How long have I even had it in its original condition?
4. Was this rare or valuable to begin with?

Based on these questions and the answers I give to myself, I'm more likely to open up this Hyperblades VariAres D : D right next to me at the moment than a Metal Fusion Bey or promotional product like the Black Sun Galaxy Pegasus, which by now, I am definitely keeping new in my collection.