Beyblade Random Thoughts

(Jan. 30, 2013  3:08 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: I spoke with Kei about the state of Beyblade last night. I don't know how many of you were around for the death of HMS but it feels very similar. A few pages in CoroCoro is not a sign of anything really – probably Takara Tomy has some agreement with them that mandates this, and of course they still want to push the product they have even if it's not incredibly lucrative. With both the anime and manga ending, their primary marketing source is basically gone.

Winter is coming.

It is not a reason to think that there is necessarily going to be a two- or three-year-long hiatus again though ... There are more factors to this whole story, like the fact that Hasbro clearly announced to the public that they want to make Beyblade an evergreen brand. Of course, if Hasbro made proper organized play in the first place, that would help, but they can still achieve something and hopefully TAKARA-TOMY will have to follow.
(Jan. 30, 2013  3:32 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jan. 30, 2013  3:08 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: I spoke with Kei about the state of Beyblade last night. I don't know how many of you were around for the death of HMS but it feels very similar. A few pages in CoroCoro is not a sign of anything really – probably Takara Tomy has some agreement with them that mandates this, and of course they still want to push the product they have even if it's not incredibly lucrative. With both the anime and manga ending, their primary marketing source is basically gone.

Winter is coming.

It is not a reason to think that there is necessarily going to be a two- or three-year-long hiatus again though ... There are more factors to this whole story, like the fact that Hasbro clearly announced to the public that they want to make Beyblade an evergreen brand. Of course, if Hasbro made proper organized play in the first place, that would help, but they can still achieve something and hopefully TAKARA-TOMY will have to follow.

BeyWheelz, we play to win,
Launch them out and let the battles begin,
You gotta crash them, blast them outta the sky!
Your destiny is ours to decide!
In our world there are beys unexplored,
Battles and rivals the battles instore,
Let the games begin, and even fight to the end,
BeyWheelz Go! Together, Defend!
Sometimes it's unreal but you just gotta deal!
It's always the same, when you're against the game!
BeyWheelz,
We play to win,
So launch them out and let the battle begin,
You gotta crash them, blast them outta the sky!
Your destiny is ours to decide!
BeyWheelz!
^ This is probably what they meant by making it an evergreen brand. Seriously.
At worst, it still keeps some attention on Beyblade.
4D and ZeroG wheels are like bigger than pre 4D ones, so now I tend to stay away from buying them.

For one, because I hate seeing how tiny beyblades are.
^ Why are small Beyblades a problem? Don't you think the pre-4D MFB are tiny and adorable?

Yeah, there has been no info any new releases for quite some time. Samurai Pegasus and Gladiator Bahamudia really feel like final releases (just like Bloody Devil and Shining God). But, I'm not sure who is at fault, TT for running out of ideas (there's really only so much you can do with one generation without making it stale) or Japanese kids just losing interest in Beyblade.
I know Hasbro said they wanted to make Beyblade an evergreen brand, but again there's only so much you can do with the main toy line and with side toy lines. If the show and the main series ends in the west, I think Hasbro is also at risk at losing a lot of their audience (I guess they can just make more spin off series, but kids might get bored eventually).
They need a re-start into it. Introduce a fresh new system, reboot the anime and manga, etc.

It'd be nice to see a Plastic/HMS/MFB Crossover series.
(Jan. 30, 2013  8:29 PM)Kai-V Wrote: At worst, it still keeps some attention on Beyblade.

I actually considered it to deviate from the actual hobby of Beyblade, to be honest.
I agree I may be wrong there, and maybe my thoughts about BeyWheelz might reflect a narrow-minded attitude.
However, it certainly turned into a game of its own; somewhat of a side-series which had nothing to do with the actual hobby.
Having a completely different cartoon/anime ongoing alongside the original series further enhanced its "individuality", in my opinion.
Hasbro's move to release BeyWheelz and XTS didn't reflect their claim of making Beyblade an evergreen brand.
Maybe, it did. However, it did so in a MUCH different way than anyone would ever expect.
If BeyWheelz and XTS is the future of Beyblade according to Hasbro, it is nothing but releasing a new variety of products under the Beyblade banner.
All they'd do-
Motto- "Anything that spins is a Beyblade".
So why not include wheels? Why not include rotors? Why not include......... Meh...

Unless Beyblade was to stop abruptly- as it did during the HMS era- it is here for at least a year more.
The sudden break led to very few releases of HMS beys, which may certainly reoccur if the abruptness in TT's decisions to stop was to continue. Only if that happens, would Beyblade lose momentum.
For most of the world, 4D hasn't been released as a whole yet. Zero-G is yet to follow. By the time Hasbro's done releasing these, TT has enough time to recover. Even if it doesn't, as I said- we still have the hobby living for at least a year!
I highly doubt a side series like Beywheelz is going to replace a mainline series...
Yeah i have made myself some homemade 4-d beyblades i have made a fang leon an phantom orion but it uses 230 wd and jade jupiter you can make them by just taking the cent out of hasbros 4-d beyblades and taking another beyblade wheele like counter and grind down the sides two make the core there you have it. i may post pictures.
(Jan. 31, 2013  2:10 PM)Kujikato Wrote: They need a re-start into it. Introduce a fresh new system, reboot the anime and manga, etc.

If they are going to do this, they will stop and wait a few years, for sure.
(Jan. 31, 2013  4:16 AM)-Vulcan- Wrote: ^ Why are small Beyblades a problem? Don't you think the pre-4D MFB are tiny and adorable?

I just hate seeing how small they are. I'm looking at my ZeroGs and then when I look at my pre4D I'm like way too small...

Anyways, I got my WBBA Revizer chrome wheel today, just saying. Should've anticipated it to look like L-Drago Destroy's Metal Wheel anyway (colorwise).
It just dawned to me that before my two days are up until Colosseum comes along, I have over 1,500 tests to do Crying
(Jan. 31, 2013  11:18 PM)BH145WD Wrote:
(Jan. 31, 2013  4:16 AM)-Vulcan- Wrote: ^ Why are small Beyblades a problem? Don't you think the pre-4D MFB are tiny and adorable
I just hate seeing how small they are. I'm looking at my ZeroGs and then when I look at my pre4D I'm like way too small...

But the keychain beys are so cute!
I know right, cept for my grand cetus keychain, i got a dark wheel instead. Unhappy

Also, my brother broke one of the ripcords the day I opened it Unhappy
(Feb. 01, 2013  4:52 AM)PikaBlader15 Wrote: Also, my brother broke one of the ripcords the day I opened it Unhappy

You too, huh? My keychain Beyblade's launcher broke a week or so after I bought it. It's a shame to see my mini Flame Sagittario doing nothing in a little box. The same with the rest of my Beyblades, really, haha.
You see, instead of clearly saying : "We are putting Beyblade on a hiatus, and you have until [deadline date] to redeem your points and go to events", TAKARA-TOMY is simply saying that Beypoints have to be exchanged before March basically, and that Bey Ta Go machines are going to start being removed too. Any other being would just use this opportunity to announce a break if there was one ... Yet, they are waiting.
(Jan. 27, 2013  8:18 PM)KainHighwind Wrote: IMHO, it seems like people are completely forgetting that you can still use a smash attack combo in the Zero G meta. Theoretically smash would destroy most stamina combos even in the Zero G stadium. I think people are too stuck on the fact that the only way to KO an opponent its to sway KO them.

You're right. I honestly haven't given much thought to it; it has always seemed to me like Sway KOing would be the way to go for ZERO-G because of how the steep the stadiums are, and how relatively small the exits are. I'm just not entirely confident with the idea that I have to rely on smashing a custom through the exits on ZERO-G Stadiums, when the possibility of it hitting the wall and bouncing back, or not going all the way through, is quite high. When you're trying to Sway KO something, the same thing can happen, but because you're swinging it around the perimeter of the stadium continuously, I think translates into a better chance at it eventually leaving the stadium than if you had to rely on huge hits to push it in the right direction.

How do you think Smash can work?

(Jan. 28, 2013  5:22 AM)th!nk Wrote: I've always found stamina too risky, in that a well-launched defender in bb-10 at least, was usually able to KO any given stamina combo enough to have a chance of winning (though I always was most familiar with the basalt bd145 era).

There are pros and cons for both sides of the argument, I think. Most Stamina types don't require the amount of technique that using an Attack type (or especially a passive Defense type when you want to KO a Stamina type) does, and that, in combination with their high Stamina, makes them easy to use and generally more likely to win. It's a different story against skilled Bladers, but even then, they are the ones forced into being aggressive, which makes them more prone to error. And if they make that error, they are going to pay; either through self-KOing, or by being outspun.

Most Stamina types only have to worry about being KOed. Depending on the skill of the Blader using the offensive combo, this can be either a greater or smaller risk than the possibility of the offensive combo self-KOing/being outspun.

(Jan. 28, 2013  5:22 AM)th!nk Wrote: Canada has long had a very stamina dominated metagame wheras most other places often seemed to be more stamina/defense hybrid dominated, which I think is the difference in our views.

It hasn't been that way for a couple years now. It's more Attack/Stamina now. For Standard Format, I'd be tempted to say that Attack is the most dominant/used type, and for ZERO-G, I would say that it is Stamina. Both types are still prevalent in both formats, though.
Because of HDSK's post I wanted to do this.

HDSK's post:

Name: BeybladePants11

Favorite type:
Attack. I always like using attack types, the battles are really epic. I like to practice my sliding shoot while I'm blading on my own. I usually try to have a really good launch while I'm facing an defence type. I overall really like attack types, they just knock beys around all over the

My style of blading:
Like I said, I like using attack. I like to have a nice strong launch. I try to win by using the best parts I have. I don't believe in "Blader Spirit", just because you have "Blader Spirit" doesn't mean you can win all the time.

My 1st place combos:
Attack: MF-H Variares M145/R145LRF
Defence: (MF-H) MF Death Aquario E230RDF/RSF/CS
Stamina: MF-F Phantom Aquario W145EWD
Balance: (MF-H) MF Basalt Aquario TH170MB (Will eventually change)
I knew keeping all my beyblades in a lunchbox mess would bite me in the rear end.

My poor Tempo face has a nasty slash in it that taken out the middle eye. But I stripped the rest off and it's to better use now.
Kei Wrote:You're right. I honestly haven't given much thought to it; it has always seemed to me like Sway KOing would be the way to go for ZERO-G because of how the steep the stadiums are, and how relatively small the exits are. I'm just not entirely confident with the idea that I have to rely on smashing a custom through the exits on ZERO-G Stadiums, when the possibility of it hitting the wall and bouncing back, or not going all the way through, is quite high. When you're trying to Sway KO something, the same thing can happen, but because you're swinging it around the perimeter of the stadium continuously, I think translates into a better chance at it eventually leaving the stadium than if you had to rely on huge hits to push it in the right direction.

How do you think Smash can work?

I have been playing around with this since I mentioned it. One thing I do like about Smash combos in the Zero G stadium is that you aren't restricted to traditional attack tips because of how confined the space is and how steep the slopes are, you are almost guaranteed hard contact regardless. However, the stadiums slopes are almost too steep to effectively use a Smash Attack combo, even though it is still possible to get a good Smash KO. What I found to work the most consistently is going low and use a top Chrome Wheel that has good Upper Smash. I tried several different Chrome Wheels and heights between 145 and 105. Gryph, Wyvang, Balro, and surprisingly Ifraid, all did fairly well at knocking opponents up and out.

I unfortunately have to wait until I get another B:D to continue this testing. The last battle I did was Dragooon Dragooon B:D (which is actually not very easy to Smash KO in the Zero G stadium) vs Ifraid Ifraid DF105RSF. Ifraid got under Dragooon and knocked it straight out of the top of the stadium a good foot in the air, Dragooon landed on the hard ground B:D first, and now my 6.5 min B:D is a 4.5 min B:D.
Just because of a little indention in my BD145, none of my bottoms will fit it. I have another, but I can't find tw part that goes in the middle. I'm pretty sure the one that won't fit anything now is my Hasbro one. It had fitting issues since I got it. Has anyone else had problems with Hasbro BD145?
Nope, but my tips are really hard to take out of my F230, i guess sometimes may happen

My sister's boyfriend purchased some fake beyblades for my nephew, it was fun to think fake beyblades had 4D wheels before hasbro LOL (even if they're bad)
I'd like to see a new Rubber Attack type tip similar to either Dragoon F or MS because RF and R2F don't really do that well for me I'd love it if this new tip was similar to RDF (Except you know for attack!)
(Feb. 05, 2013  8:57 PM)Tysonblader009 Wrote: I'd like to see a new Rubber Attack type tip similar to either Dragoon F or MS because RF and R2F don't really do that well for me I'd love it if this new tip was similar to RDF (Except you know for attack!)

Yeah man Dragoon F's tip was just so great we really need another of those totally worthwhile...