Beyblade Random Thoughts

(Dec. 11, 2012  1:21 AM)DrPepsidew Wrote: Why ya gotta make everything so complicated Hazel? XD Anywho, I'm really liking Hyperblades. I've done informal tests for Flash and it's turning out great :3

If you found that complicated, I think the issue is on your end, not his.
I was joking... Sorry...? But has anyone done official testing?
Weights and side by side pictures of the important parts would likely be more useful, given these are essentially identical parts. I don't know why everyone is jumping to test them, honestly.
Because whether they weigh the same or not, what will be a more determining factor is how they perform in comparison ? If the performance is exactly the same, then you could almost ignore the stages of measurements and weights.
Check the advanced forum for the thread about clear wheels were two DF145's are compared, and you should understand what I am getting at, or heck, you should be aware of the whole Duo/Phantom thing - now imagine that with even more similar wheels.

If they are in a similar weight range, they will more than likely perform the same, unless there are mold differences - hence the visual comparison component. Sure, there could be less visible differences, like with the virgo/hell molds, but that is quite rare, and we haven't seen that happen between brands.
Yes, but if they perform the same, it would be an exception to go and see if there are any differences visually or in weights.

If they perform differently, then definitely you have to find out where the difference is. Since tests are needed one way or another, you might as well start with them.
From what I've seem, they all seem to be identical to their TAKARA-TOMY counterparts. I'm not saying they aren't different, but I think I've seen enough of the videos to see that much, if any weight has been lost.

Still, we need weights and tests to back that up, just for confirmation.
I'm having interesting results with a random combo of mine.
It's MF L-Drago Destroy 85 FB and, while its KOing ability is below what I had hoped, it is suprisingly effective at spinstealing, especially against higher opponents that one would not expect it to connect with enough. Turns out this is because the rubber is low enough to make contact with the ridges where te tip connects to its opponents.

It is by no means a good combo but I thought I'd share the interesting knowledge i has spawned.
The only reason I bought a Meteo L Drago Assault Ver. (and before I joined the WBO and found out that it sucked) was because I thought it would provide as good of a Smash Attack as my old Lightning L Drago. Guess I was wrong.
Meteo is not a really good attack metal wheel. It is only good for spin stealer, so just use it for that purpose. If you want a beyblade for attack, my suggestion is to buy Flash.
So, we go to Wal-Mart to do some Secret Santa shopping, and I heard that Wal-Marts (at least that's what was implied to me, haha) in Texas and southern California had Hyperblades, so I figured if southern Cal and Texas had them, the areas (Arizona, where I live, and New Mexico) would have them, too. And by golly they did.

Too bad I have to wait for Christmas, waaaaaaah. They had Diablo (which I craved, aha), Kreis, Phantom, and Omega. I really was hoping there'd be a Flash in-stock to point out to my mother that that specific blade was one I was looking for, but no dice. Also kinda wish they had a Cosmic...

Oh well, we'll see what happens at Christmas.

On a side note, the box containing Diablo felt heavier than the others by a slight amount, which I just found fascinating despite knowing the differences in weight XD
(Dec. 11, 2012  2:36 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Yes, but if they perform the same, it would be an exception to go and see if there are any differences visually or in weights.

If they perform differently, then definitely you have to find out where the difference is. Since tests are needed one way or another, you might as well start with them.

You are still failing to grasp the main point of my post - that if they perform identically, small uncontrollable factors will make it appear as though they do not. However, if they weigh and are structured the same, it is basically a guarantee that they will perform the same, and we can look at any differences without the likelihood of jumping to incorrect conclusions (which happens far too often). If there is a marked difference, it will show up and we can try to investigate the cause (if they are truly visibly and weight-wise identical this is unlikely, and we did see what happened with Duo and Phantom, results ranging from 100-0 to 0-100 for the same combos, but if there is a difference then I'm sure the more scientifically minded members can come up with some experiments to determine the cause), without the risk of having incorrect rumors about brand differences that we later have to shoot down with mod notices and so on.

It's basically what we've always done with apparently unaltered hasbro releases, and I understand why the attitude is a bit different this time, but it shouldn't be.
you guys are lucky to see new stuff my walmart still has the same dang metal master stuff I swear nothing but Galaxy pegasus, Ray Striker, and Thermal Lacerta by the miles worth! >3< I envy you all!
(Dec. 12, 2012  2:22 PM)Clonetos Wrote: you guys are lucky to see new stuff my walmart still has the same dang metal master stuff I swear nothing but Galaxy pegasus, Ray Striker, and Thermal Lacerta by the miles worth! >3< I envy you all!
Wow. I thought most places had at least Wave 1 of Metal Fury. I hope your Walmart gets them soon.
(Dec. 12, 2012  2:22 PM)Clonetos Wrote: you guys are lucky to see new stuff my walmart still has the same dang metal master stuff I swear nothing but Galaxy pegasus, Ray Striker, and Thermal Lacerta by the miles worth! >3< I envy you all!
I hope you're exaggerating, because I haven't seen any shelves with just Ray Striker, Galaxy Pegasis, and Thermal Lacerta in months, maybe even a year.
(Dec. 13, 2012  12:24 AM)Mino Wrote:
I hope you're exaggerating, because I haven't seen any shelves with just Ray Striker, Galaxy Pegasis, and Thermal Lacerta in months, maybe even a year.

I am NOT exagerating ok maybe the miles worth but they are loaded with those and the legend beys! Oh sure stock beywheelz and transformers but new beys Nooooo! closest thing to new is the team sets but why waste it for Hell kerbecs? GAH I envy you all! Id kill for a flash no a kreis cygnus or maybe a big bang pegasus! I'm that desperate for new beys ><
Get some money, put it on a prepaid card and link it with your PayPal. Then you can buy whatever you like online. It's what I used to do.
Sorry if this kinda of obvious but Hasbros marketing of beyblade tops is awful compared to takara tomy like i received my zero-g beys yesterday from amazon and the the box art is incredible and design is so simple.. i bought so many hasbro blades but i have always been dissappointed by the box design..they should fix it and make it stand out otherwise they arent gonna make alot of money...
Dangit I just bit my RF and now its dented...
Well, I think the question to be asked here is why you were biting a rubber part, especially a Beyblade bottom, to begin with...
(Dec. 14, 2012  1:57 AM)Jaguar295 Wrote: Dangit I just bit my RF and now its dented...
Why did you bite rubber? Thats disturbing to know about.

(Dec. 14, 2012  2:13 AM)Thunder Dome Wrote:
(Dec. 14, 2012  1:57 AM)Jaguar295 Wrote: Dangit I just bit my RF and now its dented...

I sometimes lick my RF/R2F tips to make it clean, but biting? Idk!

Licking is even more gross... Just lightly wipe it off and clean your stadium.
(Dec. 14, 2012  2:30 AM)Sniper Kid Wrote:

...you realize how horrifyingly unsanitary that is, right?

It's disgusting and unnecessary. Use your fingernail or wet a cloth or something...
(Dec. 14, 2012  2:30 AM)Sniper Kid Wrote:

HAHA you might as well just eat the damn thing then sheesh!