Beyblade Random Thoughts

(Aug. 22, 2012  6:07 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: @Janstar: since we can't change the names newcomers see on their local product, perhaps it will become nessicery to have WBO specific names for the 4D beys that didn't have their official ones altered. This is something that the WBO high ups will have to discuss.

Also, it appears Metal Fury is hitting the english shelves. I just got a Fury line Genocide Rex.
FB: 1.00g
ER: 2.38g
FW: 33.60g
ST: 3.89g
PT: 0.65g

EXACTLY!
Having WBO-specific names would kinda make it a bit more confusing, given the moderators' disgust for nicknames. XD
Hasbro does nothing but make things more complex, haha! We always have to pay for their mistakes... Tired
The weights of those parts haven't changed much I believe? Genocide wasn't supposed to be heavy anyway...

Kei- LOL! Genocide sounds pretty cool y'know! Nightmare is a funny substitute to such a cool name, though...
In plastics we just add the brand name onto things like that.
Twin Horn (Hasbro) being the standard name and Hasbro Twin Horn being the more relaxed/general conversation name. Of course in plastics it's easier to assume brand awareness and that people will be refering to the Takara version unless otherwise noted, unlike MFB where you have an influx of uninformed, unaware posters.
I guess something could be posted to tell people to specify what brand they're using but eh.
(Aug. 23, 2012  5:40 PM)th!nk Wrote: In plastics we just add the brand name onto things like that.
Twin Horn (Hasbro) being the standard name and Hasbro Twin Horn being the more relaxed/general conversation name. Of course in plastics it's easier to assume brand awareness and that people will be refering to the Takara version unless otherwise noted, unlike MFB where you have an influx of uninformed, unaware posters.
I guess something could be posted to tell people to specify what brand they're using but eh.

Yep, when I first posted, I mentioned that we'd need to add more content to our posts from now on. That additional content could be anything; the Brand Name being the most obvious thing to add, haha!
However, that is just one part of it. What about the posts of the past?
The thing is, if newbies start reading the threads, beywiki articles, etc; they are in for a bit of confusion. I think we'll need to update most of it with one word- Takara Tomy (OK, that's two words). Grin
MFB being the current form of the game (and hence the most followed too), certainly has too many "unaware posters", as you call them.
Or rather, they are blinded by Hasbro's ways...

Plastics and HMS is FULL of veterans tbh. Only people, who actually know enough about them, dare to post in the plastic threads, haha!
I'm gonna try to figure out a cool launching technique. if u have any ideas, tell me.
not joking
(Aug. 23, 2012  4:21 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: Having WBO-specific names would kinda make it a bit more confusing, given the moderators' disgust for nicknames.

I did forsee that issue, yes.

(Aug. 23, 2012  4:21 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: The weights of those parts haven't changed much I believe? Genocide wasn't supposed to be heavy anyway...

I have no idea what it weight before but it was never up there with 4D so I doubt it has changed much. I figured I'd post weights just incase though.

(Aug. 23, 2012  4:21 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: Kei- LOL! Genocide sounds pretty cool y'know! Nightmare is a funny substitute to such a cool name, though...

Legal reasons. Even TT couldn't be seen to advertise genocide to kids.
I'd love to find a niche use for Nightmare, since it was dismissed pretty early that it was already severely outclassed.

... but I don't want to ruin the paint job. >_>
That moment you realize that your about 95% of your areas meta
(Aug. 24, 2012  1:01 AM)Raigeko13 Wrote: I'd love to find a niche use for Nightmare, since it was dismissed pretty early that it was already severely outclassed.

Since when was Nightmare painted? I always thought it came stock sliver unless there is a ver. I'm forgetting about.
I like plastics, but honestly know nothing about them, I feel like I'd get sniped through the window if I posted something ._. HOWEVAH, I am well educated in MFB. Not Zero-G though hah. I like 4D the most <3
(Aug. 23, 2012  6:04 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: Plastics and HMS is FULL of veterans tbh. Only people, who actually know enough about them, dare to post in the plastic threads, haha!

That's what the Q&A is there for, though, and the others are, like any other thread, open to anyone. As long as people have actually searched the three main threads for each topic then there's nothing to worry about.
(Aug. 24, 2012  1:01 AM)Raigeko13 Wrote: I'd love to find a niche use for Nightmare, since it was dismissed pretty early that it was already severely outclassed.

Uncustomised Genocide Rex seems to be on par with pre-4D stamina types from my experience. I can't make anything else out of it though and it's too light to have any defense.
Another random combo.

Death (Attack) Pisces TH170MB

Death : I used this in attack mode as the, um, teeth(?) is pretty jagged, so it can kinda grind the opponent.
Pisces : Used to expose the teeth (?).
TH170 : It's versatility helps this combo well.
MB : I wanted something that had at least some degree of defense, so I used this. CS, RDF and RS didn't have enough stamina, so yeah.

Death Pisces TH170MB vs. Duo Pegasis II AD145WD
  • This actually works pretty decently against this. Get's 70%!

Death Pisces TH195MB vs. MF-H Duo Pegasis II BD145CS
  • Not bad, but not good. 60%.

Death Pisces TH195MB vs. MF-H Duo Pegasis II BD145RDF
  • Excellent! It achieves 100% win rate against this! Must be because RDF doesn't have as much stamina as CS.

Death Pisces TH170/195/220MB vs. MF-H LDG BD145RDF
  • Complete fail. 0% win.

Death Pisces TH170/195/220MB vs. Phantom Cancer AD145WD/230D
  • Fails against both. Only 2-3 wins.

Death Pisces TH170MB vs. Duo Pegasis II 230D
  • Well it works against this.

I find that it's a pretty good pre 4d attack wheel.
(Aug. 24, 2012  3:26 PM)SoulEater57 Wrote: I find that it's a pretty good pre 4d attack wheel.

Attack ? It was decent in Defense.

(Aug. 24, 2012  3:29 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Aug. 24, 2012  3:26 PM)SoulEater57 Wrote: I find that it's a pretty good pre 4d attack wheel.

Attack ? It was decent in Defense.

really? mine was pretty good in attack. it was only good when my R2F was new, though.
(Aug. 24, 2012  4:00 AM)Meow! Wrote:

Since when was Nightmare painted? I always thought it came stock sliver unless there is a ver. I'm forgetting about.
If you got it with the DS game it was painted. I also think the metal masters version was also painted just not the Metal fury version
Anyone has any idea when the Metal Fury is coming to Finland? D: We got Destroyer Dome already, 'tho.
The Destroyer Dome is part of the Metal Fury line, the rest should show up shortly.

EDIT: So Genocide is aAttack/Stamina Hybrid? Anyone tried it on MF?
(Aug. 24, 2012  7:14 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: The Destroyer Dome is part of the Metal Fury line, the rest should show up shortly.

Thanks! Tho' i'm really sad that Hasbro hollowed every single Metal Wheel.
Forbidden was relatively unaltered, contrary to what initial measurements suggested.
(Aug. 24, 2012  12:32 AM)Dracomageat Wrote: Legal reasons. Even TT couldn't be seen to advertise genocide to kids.

You seem to be forgetting "Genocide Circle", Death Gargoyle's AR.
True, but part names weren't quite so "visible" then.

As for everyone saying Nightmare was dismissed/an attack part, as Kai-V said it was known (largely due to her own testing, IIRC) to be a decent pre-basalt defense wheel. Its attack was always mediocre.
I never knew the part names besides the 6/8/10 Weight Disks and Dragon Breaker/Saucer.
Something to do with hasbro never mentioning them probably.
They were mentioned in the video games but nowhere else.