Beyblade Random Thoughts

(Aug. 12, 2012  1:43 PM)Kai-V Wrote: A rolling wheel will never surpass a spinning top ...

Is a spinning top on its side still worth paying attention to?
(Aug. 13, 2012  3:24 AM)th!nk Wrote: Is a spinning top on its side still worth paying attention to?

No, it is not.
(Aug. 13, 2012  3:30 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Aug. 13, 2012  3:24 AM)th!nk Wrote: Is a spinning top on its side still worth paying attention to?

No, it is not.

Hm, well, I dunno, Round Shell MS's gimmick was pretty popular from what I can tell, not to mention the various gyro gimmicks.
It did not get a whole series and a whole anime though.
(Aug. 13, 2012  3:34 AM)Kai-V Wrote: It did not get a whole series and a whole anime though.

Fair point, but who knows, people might find the "real thing" through that series/anime. I certainly wouldn't have minded some more customization options for Round Shell MS.

And given Hasbro have been comparatively lax with the safety of beywheelz, maybe that'll rub off on the main series, haha.
But I like telling people to grab my bey and then see their reaction when it stings XD
(Aug. 13, 2012  3:40 AM)DrPepsidew Wrote: But I like telling people to grab my bey and then see their reaction when it stings XD

Lol, if you/others grabbing MFB stings, Plastics would probably send you/them to the hospital.
I remember back in the days, I touched my brothers Dragoon G while spinning, and ...

Now it doesn't hurt much anymore ..
I think beywheelz are okay but they will never be better than beyblade it self
(Aug. 13, 2012  3:22 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Aug. 12, 2012  4:29 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: LOL! The last line is a classic!

Speaking of decrease in Beyblade sales, I always knew that it was gonna happen.
The worst move they made was putting Beyblade on a severely long hiatus. That was probably the time when all popularity went down completely. Instead of compensating for the loss of popularity during the HMS era, they closed down the market for what seemed like a century... :\

Transformers has pretty less scope for collection IMO, haha!
Unless one is a die-hard Transformers fan, it actually isn't necessary to get TOO many of those figures. They do not have any unique features; I mean most of them are similar to each other except for the few changes in design.
Comparing it to beyblade, each bey performs differently in a battle. Hence if anybody plays the game competitively, he'd need to stock up on most new releases...
I do not know much about Transformers though, so I'd quit nagging about it. However-

No no, you have not understood Beyblade's history at all. Takara had to suspend Beyblade production because its popularity was very low, not the contrary. It was probably way too low to be worth continuing (with Dragoon and the others).

Transformers sales from TAKARA-TOMY apparently rely mostly on exports, which does mean that, for some reason, Japan would be purchasing less toys lately ...

Ah yes, I do get that. Smile
What I meant to say was- With extremely low popularity, instead of discontinuing the series for a long time (which actually made their already low popularity fall beyond limit), they should have attempted to start a new series instead. Maybe... Just maybe that would have made a difference...
However, they'd actually need to do something really good. Something they've failed to do since Beyblade V-Force. Sooo, yeah!
If it was WAY too low to be worth continuing, then I understand. However, that long hiatus did deplete its popularity further...

@Insomniac- EXACTLY! They simply catch dust... XD
As for Beywheelz, I do not find them really amazing, haha!

@th!nk- LOL! Plastics would send them to the hospital! XD
Not to mention that it'll win them a Stella Award, if they take it a bit seriously and try to file a lawsuit against Hasbro!
Well, that shows why Hasbro takes safety SO seriously...
(Aug. 12, 2012  8:18 PM)Insomniac Wrote: I mean they all are sitting on a shelf collecting dust, haha.

(Aug. 13, 2012  4:33 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: @Insomniac- EXACTLY! They simply catch dust... XD

Not if you're like me and you keep them in a big bin stashed away in your closet. Smug
(Aug. 13, 2012  4:33 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: Ah yes, I do get that. Smile
What I meant to say was- With extremely low popularity, instead of discontinuing the series for a long time (which actually made their already low popularity fall beyond limit), they should have attempted to start a new series instead. Maybe... Just maybe that would have made a difference...
However, they'd actually need to do something really good. Something they've failed to do since Beyblade V-Force. Sooo, yeah!
If it was WAY too low to be worth continuing, then I understand. However, that long hiatus did deplete its popularity further...

I think the approach Takara had was the best. You cannot keep trying to make toys appeal to the same generation which has lost interest already. You have to wait for the next generation.
Hm...
True, that! Grin

Was it an irreparable loss in popularity though? As they still haven't earned "enough" popularity after the popularity started falling since V-Force.
I think the "next" generation still hasn't managed to adjust to these toys... Unhappy

Seriously though, I hate the fact that the loss in popularity led to a drop in the manufacturing of HMS beys...
They were so dead I lost interest - though that was mainly because I was getting older and toys weren't "cool" as well as all of my parts being useless with HMS beys.

(Aug. 13, 2012  1:41 PM)Cannon Wrote: I remember back in the days, I touched my brothers Dragoon G while spinning, and ...

Now it doesn't hurt much anymore ..

(Aug. 13, 2012  4:39 PM)ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Wrote: Not if you're like me and you keep them in a big bin stashed away in your closet. :smug

NO, the torture must stop! Transformers do not belong in an forgotten bin all jumbled up together! They have to be in battle position.

Anyways, any "counter arguments" I have when it comes to Beywheelz hate is purely for amusement. I do not mean half the things I say. So don't get all fired up and ready to pounce.
(Aug. 14, 2012  2:34 AM)Insomniac Wrote:
(Aug. 13, 2012  4:39 PM)ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Wrote: Not if you're like me and you keep them in a big bin stashed away in your closet. :smug

NO, the torture must stop! Transformers do not belong in an forgotten bin all jumbled up together! They have to be in battle position.

Anyways, any "counter arguments" I have when it comes to Beywheelz hate is purely for amusement. I do not mean half the things I say. So don't get all fired up and ready to pounce.

I honestly don't see why anyone is legitimately upset or annoyed by Beywheelz... It all seems very childish to me, it's a side series of a hobby we love, if people enjoy it and the anime then more power to them, if they don't then I'm sure they'll live.
Yeah I don't really see a point in Beywheels there just tires that spin in left rotation basically
I don't remeber the last time anyone ever got this upset by a children's toy. Especially when it doesn't affect the main series. [Image: 15.png]
@Insomniac: Vaguely related: http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Trukk_not_munky also http://tfwiki.net/wiki/GEEWUN
People don't like things they're not used to generally, especially if it's based on something they are familiar with. All seems very silly to me but even I do similar fairly regularly.

(Aug. 14, 2012  2:53 AM)Blitz Unicorno3 Wrote: Yeah I don't really see a point in Beywheels there just tires that spin in left rotation basically

Beyblades are just spinning tops, beywheelz are just wheels, caviar is just food, a home is just shelter, music is just noise.

(Aug. 14, 2012  2:55 AM)th!nk Wrote: @Insomniac: Vaguely related: http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Trukk_not_munky
People don't like things they're not used to generally, especially if it's based on something they are familiar with.

(Aug. 14, 2012  2:53 AM)Blitz Unicorno3 Wrote: Yeah I don't really see a point in Beywheels there just tires that spin in left rotation basically

Beyblades are just spinning tops, beywheelz are just wheels, caviar is just food, a home is just shelter, music is just noise.
Yeah if you wanted to make everything do simple you could just say it that way

I see the anger when it comes to Hasbro's actual tampering(weights) with the original toy line. The fans might take it as "disrespect" to the game or whatever. But with the release of Beywheelz, did Beyblades all of a sudden become scarce? Did they disappear? Did they halt production? Did Takara Tomy lose business? Did the world end? No. So I don't see where the hate is coming from. You don't like it, then don't like it. Keep to your own spinning tops. I know I'm sounding a bit "rude" but it needs to be said because frankly, I don't see the problem and the reason behind all this unnecessary argument that people are bringing up almost everyday which relies on the basis of "Beywheelz suck" and I am tired of having to deal with people's narrow mindedness.

[Image: 14.png]
You're going to have to get used to people being dumb and illogical if you want to get through life in one piece, seeing as you're unlucky enough to realise it's a thing, heh.

(Aug. 14, 2012  2:59 AM)Blitz Unicorno3 Wrote:
(Aug. 14, 2012  2:55 AM)th!nk Wrote: @Insomniac: Vaguely related: http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Trukk_not_munky
People don't like things they're not used to generally, especially if it's based on something they are familiar with.

Yeah if you wanted to make everything do simple you could just say it that way

And you don't see any relation between that and your statement about beywheelz?
I'm unsure if this the right place to post this but. I had a random Beyblade Idea. It is on Pheonic.

I have Heard that Pheonic's attack points are covered but it looks amazing for attack (?) so I do not own Pheonic but was playing around with Dragooon Saramander LW160MF and it KOed a MD-H Duo Kerbecs BD145RDF in a BB-10 and obviously if no KO OS it. But it was truly a taller Bey gets hit only by Saramander a Lower Bey only gets hit by Dragooon so from the Cosmic 230/TH170 I also thought of this instead of simple overhang hitting the bey it would be the lower part of the Synchrome.
So my idea for a combo to see if Pheonic would work is Any Chrome Wheel besides Dragooon, for example Gryph Pheonic 160/LW160/SA165(165 Height Simply but I don't think SA would help much...) /TH170 (At 170 only) RF o restate since I made it look ugly Gryph Pheonic 160/LW160/SA165/TH170RF/R2F/LRF/MF Metal Face or not you’re Choice. But if Pheonic is the wheel hitting the lower bey it's contact points might hit it instead of a cover if there is enough distance which there most likely isn't but just an Idea I thought of to at least test out.
Random Thought: I think its kinda hysterical how people complain about hasbro's metal fury and say they don't sell, when the entire wbo is sitting here buying them to test.

I think it was actually a good marketing strategy on their part (If they thought that deeply into it). Because of the sheer popularity of takara tomy beyblades among bladers, people would buy them regardless. Whether to fool around with or to test.

It really doesn't matter if the public isn't pleased with the product as long as it sells. The hasbro metal fury is probably selling more than the previous hasbro releases mainly because they are new mold and everyone wants to see the difference.
Eh, not at all, hah. You are exaggerating a lot, and I think a lot of people are buying one or two Metal Fury products just because they know that this or that has not been tested or weighted yet. If that has already been done by someone else, then they do not buy the items ...