Beyblade Gimmick Ideas

(Mar. 11, 2020  10:06 AM)MasterOfTheSky Wrote:
(Mar. 11, 2020  10:03 AM)IronFace879 Wrote: You’re asking for a bey that breaks the laws of physics by shifting spin rotation mid battle?

Yes

It might be possible, but first you need a double layer bey and a rule that is set, stating that beys are allowed to spin backwards.
The bottom half is the locking bey and the top half is the rapid spinning gyro mechanism. It will activate when the Beyblade’s spin is nearly faltering, spinning with enough spin to prevent the Beyblade from toppling over completely, allowing it to spin backwards and continue to battle.
(Mar. 11, 2020  1:22 AM)peek Wrote:
(Mar. 11, 2020  1:19 AM)Ali Baba Wrote: A good gimmick would be a kind of  RPG like customization; Headgear, armor, legs 'n boots main weapon and a secundary weapon.

That's pretty much Beywarriors lol
It's a gatinko like system, the layer parts will be round and only same spin parts can be equiped together.
(Mar. 11, 2020  10:10 AM)IronFace879 Wrote:
(Mar. 11, 2020  10:06 AM)MasterOfTheSky Wrote: Yes

It might be possible, but first you need a double layer bey and a rule that is set, stating that beys are allowed to spin backwards.
The bottom half is the locking bey and the top half is the rapid spinning gyro mechanism. It will activate when the Beyblade’s spin is nearly faltering, spinning with enough spin to prevent the Beyblade from toppling over completely, allowing it to spin backwards and continue to battle.
That could actually work!
If someone says Bearing Flat, they’re gonna get it.

Hold cries in background for lack or respect as it realizes Bearing is a pointed version of itself.
A driver that is called "scrape", which obviously, scrapes the floor.

TT would make an excuse and say that the floor scraping actually "grips" the stadium well but it actually decreases stamina and damages the stadium.
So pretty much a Hold driver that does not spin, is extra wide, and has a millimeter tall stamina tip at the bottom.

(Mar. 11, 2020  7:32 PM)peek Wrote: A driver that is called "scrape", which obviously, scrapes the floor.

TT would make an excuse and say that the floor scraping actually "grips" the stadium well but it actually decreases stamina and damages the stadium.
(Mar. 11, 2020  9:53 AM)MasterOfTheSky Wrote: When ignition came out i had to have it because i had always thought it would be cool to have a driver or beyblade that could change spin mid battle. But what if there was a layer eg spriggan that could spin both directions but mid battle!

This sounds cool, but it would fail completely the moment it switched. The rules indicates that a bey loses when it stops spinning, and in order to change spin direction there must be at least a brief moment where it is spinning neither right nor left. In that moment it loses on the spot. Dunno about you but a bey that has a part that slows itself down to try and vainly swap directions only to lose doesn't sound good to me.

Of course the alternative is to break physics completely, which is obviously impossible. That's not to mention that exceptions would have to be poked in the rules to allow it, which is a complication I don't want to have to explain as an Organizer.

That being said Ignite' already sort of does this, but without actually changing the direction of most of the top, as only the very tip itself spins backwards and powers the whole thing.
(Mar. 12, 2020  11:04 PM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Mar. 11, 2020  9:53 AM)MasterOfTheSky Wrote: When ignition came out i had to have it because i had always thought it would be cool to have a driver or beyblade that could change spin mid battle. But what if there was a layer eg spriggan that could spin both directions but mid battle!

This sounds cool, but it would fail completely the moment it switched. The rules indicates that a bey loses when it stops spinning, and in order to change spin direction there must be at least a brief moment where it is spinning neither right nor left. In that moment it loses on the spot. Dunno about you but a bey that has a part that slows itself down to try and vainly swap directions only to lose doesn't sound good to me.

Of course the alternative is to break physics completely, which is obviously impossible. That's not to mention that exceptions would have to be poked in the rules to allow it, which is a complication I don't want to have to explain as an Organizer.

That being said Ignite' already sort of does this, but without actually changing the direction of most of the top, as only the very tip itself spins backwards and powers the whole thing.

Well... what about a burst bey that has the same gimmick as the plastic Gen Pegasus? The driver spins, but the layer stays still..?
(Mar. 12, 2020  11:09 PM)ReekoBlader Wrote:
(Mar. 12, 2020  11:04 PM)MagikHorse Wrote: This sounds cool, but it would fail completely the moment it switched. The rules indicates that a bey loses when it stops spinning, and in order to change spin direction there must be at least a brief moment where it is spinning neither right nor left. In that moment it loses on the spot. Dunno about you but a bey that has a part that slows itself down to try and vainly swap directions only to lose doesn't sound good to me.

Well... what about a burst bey that has the same gimmick as the plastic Gen Pegasus? The driver spins, but the layer stays still..?

Good thing BBG had a video on Pegasus.

DANG a beyblade with a built in launcher??? That would be insane!!! Though it would be a layer driver combo since the launcher components would need to fit in a large sized driver.
(Mar. 12, 2020  11:09 PM)ReekoBlader Wrote: Well... what about a burst bey that has the same gimmick as the plastic Gen Pegasus? The driver spins, but the layer stays still..?

You mean, the same as every Engine Gear Beyblade? Torch Pegasus isn't quite an engine gear, bit it seems to function on a similar idea, and I don't see anything stopping that from working.
what about a lock reverse bey that has two claws that pop out when the clicks go all the way to the middle (aka after 2 clicks)
(Mar. 13, 2020  5:28 PM)William Cochran Wrote: what about a lock reverse bey that has two claws that pop out when the clicks go all the way to the middle (aka after 2 clicks)

That's Heaven Pegasus.
but the claws are made for attacking kinda like khalzar
(Mar. 13, 2020  5:32 PM)William Cochran Wrote: but the claws are made for attacking kinda like khalzar

Uhh no they’re not... those 2 wings are for the lock reversal gimmick....  it clearly shows it on the packaging
What would happen if a driver has two metal/plastic ball bearings as its tip? If TT seemingly found a way to put two while making them free spin at the same time, how would it act?
A driver like Zeta but upgraded called Delta, basically it's got a Survive like tip made out of pom an Accel like type made out of rubber and a massive like tip made out of plastic
(Mar. 13, 2020  5:51 PM)ReekoBlader Wrote:
(Mar. 13, 2020  5:32 PM)William Cochran Wrote: but the claws are made for attacking kinda like khalzar

Uhh no they’re not... those 2 wings are for the lock reversal gimmick....  it clearly shows it on the packaging
I think they meant for their idea instead of just having it as the lock reverse gimmick, the wings would have an offensive design for when they pop out. I'm unsure how effective it would be though.
(Mar. 11, 2020  6:29 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: I really want to see a Driver that's a combination between Quest and Unite. The main body would be like Quest and the tip would be a Coated Sharp like Unite, so it would be a recreation of F230CS but with a Bearing to make it even better. I think the height of the Driver would make it hard for it to be too OP, but it would most likely be a decent Tornado Staller with above-average KO Defense when worn.

That's actually just like the Link driver of my Crusader Galahad. The Driver is really powerful.
(Mar. 13, 2020  5:51 PM)ReekoBlader Wrote:

(Mar. 13, 2020  6:20 PM)Infiniatmos132 Wrote:
(Mar. 13, 2020  5:51 PM)ReekoBlader Wrote: Uhh no they’re not... those 2 wings are for the lock reversal gimmick....  it clearly shows it on the packaging
I think they meant for their idea instead of just having it as the lock reverse gimmick, the wings would have an offensive design for when they pop out. I'm unsure how effective it would be though.

i just wanted to say sorry for confusing you, ReekoBlader. I meant to say the lock reverse like dread bamamut. The design is kinda like dread bahamut but the teeth on the attacking wing is more jagged
A beyblade that lasts 5 seconds while loosing the last click and extracts wings for a final blow
(Mar. 13, 2020  9:21 PM)Nitrogenic Wrote: A beyblade that lasts 5 seconds while loosing the last click and extracts wings for a final blow

Sounds like the driver's thickness is SUPER thin.
(Mar. 13, 2020  9:26 PM)peek Wrote:
(Mar. 13, 2020  9:21 PM)Nitrogenic Wrote: A beyblade that lasts 5 seconds while loosing the last click and extracts wings for a final  blow

Sounds like the driver's thickness is SUPER thin.

Idk it just could be a dash driver with a lot of downward force attaching the bey even after bursting

Also a wood beyblade would be nice
(Mar. 13, 2020  6:02 PM)Turbo Spryzen Wrote: A driver like Zeta but upgraded called Delta, basically it's got a Survive like tip made out of pom an Accel like type made out of rubber and a massive like tip made out of plastic

I have an ideia similar to it. Attack type RF, Defence MB (metal ball) Stamina POM sharp. To mode change you have a lock, when you unlock it, you have the balance mode.
Have you seen the anime where shu changes the mode of zeta in match, there should be a tip where in the match in can flip to form a whole other tip