Beyblade Colosseum @ Carolina Game Summit 2013, Feb.2nd 2013 [Goldsboro NC, USA]

on
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

To Register for Carolina Game Summit:

CGS Hotel Information

To entice Bladers to come from out of town/state for this, We will be offering 3 tournaments from Friday-Sunday. Also Recruitment sessions. We will have vendors on site.

Each tournament will get their own thread when time gets closer

And remember to read the Rules . It will make the lives of the judges a little bit easier.

Road to Victory

Beyblade Colosseum: Gladiators Unite!!!

Beyblade Colosseum

Colosseum: Prolouge & Destiny

Jobs/Judges

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

(Aug. 27, 2012  6:54 PM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: On the Friday PRIOR to this Im going to need help setting up at Wayne Community. Meaning Stadiums, computers, tables etc. So I might need another team to run the Friday tournament.

I can take over this job if it's possible. You know I know how to use the system, and I know the setup...
(Aug. 27, 2012  10:38 PM)DefStamina88 Wrote:
(Aug. 27, 2012  6:54 PM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: On the Friday PRIOR to this Im going to need help setting up at Wayne Community. Meaning Stadiums, computers, tables etc. So I might need another team to run the Friday tournament.

I can take over this job if it's possible. You know I know how to use the system, and I know the setup...

Ill assign job to everyone once time gets closer. What Im thinking is ill move the Friday tournament to around 6pm and Just come in late. Meaning you might have to run Friday.
That might be the better idea, IMO.
There's a 49% chance I might come... Oh fear of airplanes, Why do you possess me!? anyways, it might be expensive for me to come, but i need a low price train station from California to NC. In other words, put me as a maybe.
(Aug. 29, 2012  4:59 AM)PwnageDerp Wrote: There's a 49% chance I might come... Oh fear of airplanes, Why do you possess me!? anyways, it might be expensive for me to come, but i need a low price train station from California to NC. In other words, put me as a maybe.
Nah man, I've been on airplanes about 43-56 times in my life. I have to admit, I love it so much. I love everything about it. I don't know if it's just the fact that I'm thousands of feet in the air or what, but when I get on one, it feels like I'm at home. Airports, don't even get me started on them. I love them almost as much as being on an airplane, and I love being on an airplane as much as I do Jayden. I've been to LAX, not sure if that's the one you're talking about, but that's probably my second least favorite airport. Not much to do, and a hassle to get to each terminal.

Anyways, I hope you can come.
(Aug. 29, 2012  4:59 AM)PwnageDerp Wrote: There's a 49% chance I might come... Oh fear of airplanes, Why do you possess me!? anyways, it might be expensive for me to come, but i need a low price train station from California to NC. In other words, put me as a maybe.

I hope you can make it. We would love to have you. If you take a train it will be a long ride. But there is a train station 45 minutes away from Goldsboro in Wilson
For everyone attending Colosseum, I need to know would you rather play on the floor or put the stadiums on tables? I need a general consensus soon. We are going to be assigned our space for CGS in the coming weeks and this is something I need to know. Also would you like the brackets displayed via projector so you can see what your record is and where you will be next
(Sep. 01, 2012  5:20 PM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: For everyone attending Colosseum, I need to know would you rather play on the floor or put the stadiums on tables? I need a general consensus soon. We are going to be assigned our space for CGS in the coming weeks and this is something I need to know. Also would you like the brackets displayed via projector so you can see what your record is and where you will be next

I'd rather play on the floor and have brackets displayed.
I like the tables better, so none of us have to keep bending down and getting back up. Also, yes on the projector...
I'd prefer the floor, TBH. Using tables at my past events didn't end so well for the victims of Attack type users. xD
And the projector sounds like a cool idea!
(Sep. 03, 2012  12:35 AM)ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Wrote: I'd prefer the floor, TBH. Using tables at my past events didn't end so well for the victims of Attack type users. xD
And the projector sounds like a cool idea!

Were a go on the projector. Only problem is we are more then likely going to have to use tables. Mainly because the area we are using is also a classroom during the week. And the tables are quite a pain to move. We should know more later this week about the tables. If we use tables we will use stadium fences.
Hey, I know you guys do not know me very well, but I might be able to come. I have not asked my parents yet, and I am not sure if they are will ing to do it. But I would love to come.
(Sep. 03, 2012  2:29 AM)Ginga Blader Wrote: Hey, I know you guys do not know me very well, but I might be able to come. I have not asked my parents yet, and I am not sure if they are will ing to do it. But I would love to come.

We are not doing a maybe list until tournament gets closer. And something like this you really need to ask your parents about now.
Yes to tables and yes to the projector. No to chairs around the tables. It may be easier to contain people from getting too close to the battles. Is there a way to project random battles through the projectors and post brackets as they fill in? Might help to keep people from getting in the way of the bladers and will generate curiosity from passer byes. Just a thought.
(Sep. 03, 2012  2:48 AM)Pruebame Wrote: Yes to tables and yes to the projector. No to chairs around the tables. It may be easier to contain people from getting too close to the battles. Is there a way to project random battles through the projectors and post brackets as they fill in? Might help to keep people from getting in the way of the bladers and will generate curiosity from passer byes. Just a thought.

Basically the projector would project what is on my laptop. If we live stream it we could do a split screen. Something to think about. I want other to be able to see this awesome event.
hey can i come to this competition?
(Sep. 03, 2012  4:53 PM)RahulFencer Wrote: hey can i come to this competition?

Of course, why couldn't you?
(Sep. 03, 2012  7:02 PM)DefStamina88 Wrote:

Of course, why couldn't you?
Because they can't come up with $10 by February 2013. But seriously though, we'd love to have you.

If your parents say you can come by all means.
(Sep. 03, 2012  7:08 PM)Hitsugiya Wrote: Because they can't come up with $10 by February 2013. But seriously though, we'd love to have you.

I might actually have a few volunteer passes possibly for staff.
Either works for me.
(Sep. 03, 2012  8:43 PM)Solcreus Wrote: Either works for me.

As of right now we are using tables. We might be using mats so the stadiums won't slip. Kinda like they used in WBBA tournaments.
I'll most likely be there
Out of curiosity, I ask this question. Are there any prizes for this tournament?
(Sep. 04, 2012  4:32 PM)xXJCherzXx Wrote: Out of curiosity, I ask this question. Are there any prizes for this tournament?

There will be. But they are not disclosed at this time
Are there restrictions on what kinds of beys you can use in the event on the sat.