Beyblade Burst Sparking Episode #52 FINAL (March 19, 2021)

(Mar. 12, 2021  1:39 PM)Valtryek Aoi Wrote:
(Mar. 12, 2021  12:35 PM)g2_ Wrote: Yeah, Hikaru and Hyuga are the definition of plot armor.

Stop the cap, they ain't that bad. If you're gonna complain about anyone, complain about Lean.

Lain's power level was always consistent, the bros simply unleashed new moves out of no where. If you seriously think they are capable of beating Lane and Shu that easily, then I'll be lost for words. They have tons of plot armor and you know it.

(Mar. 12, 2021  1:43 PM)MasterChef Wrote:
(Mar. 12, 2021  1:39 PM)Valtryek Aoi Wrote: Stop the cap, they ain't that bad. If you're gonna complain about anyone, complain about Lean.

Woudn't make sense to complain about Lane cause he lost, but I do agree he needs to shut his yap and get over it.
Get over what? I wanted the bros to beat the legends, hell, even Valt. But then again, twin break Impact, its such a BS move. I understand you love the bros, but just like Drum and Aiga, both had tons of plot armor, especially Drum. Yet, he didn't even surpass Lui and Free in the rankings. And for the record, insulting me is a bit unfair pal, especially since I've always shown you respect.
So, according to the official Twitter Account of Beyblade Burst Japan, the last episode will be aired at 7:30 PM.
(Mar. 12, 2021  3:22 PM)BeybladeFanOff Wrote: So, according to the official Twitter Account of Beyblade Burst Japan, the last episode will be aired at 7:30 PM.
According to marutti 7.30pm is just the start of the event they held and the episode will be delivered at 4.00pm jst
(Mar. 12, 2021  3:15 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Mar. 12, 2021  1:39 PM)Valtryek Aoi Wrote: Stop the cap, they ain't that bad. If you're gonna complain about anyone, complain about Lean.

Lain's power level was always consistent, the bros simply unleashed new moves out of no where. If you seriously think they are capable of beating Lane and Shu that easily, then I'll be lost for words. They have tons of plot armor and you know it.

(Mar. 12, 2021  1:43 PM)MasterChef Wrote: Woudn't make sense to complain about Lane cause he lost, but I do agree he needs to shut his yap and get over it.
Get over what? I wanted the bros to beat the legends, hell, even Valt. But then again, twin break Impact, its such a BS move. I understand you love the bros, but just like Drum and Aiga, both had tons of plot armor, especially Drum. Yet, he didn't even surpass Lui and Free in the rankings. And for the record, insulting me is a bit unfair pal, especially since I've always shown you respect.

Not really up for an argument here, but Twin Break Impact was created just like any other move, like Raging Tempest. In fact, it IS heavily similar to that now that I think about it. Also saying that every new main has tons of plot armor is somewhat BS, especially when you say Drum is a big culprit. Not saying the bros are perfect, but they are not as extreme as you make it out to be. Never said they were gonna beat Shu and Lean that easily either.

Also, a consistently BS power level VS a somewhat consistently growing power level? Almost no contest imo. Just my opinion tho.
(Mar. 12, 2021  3:15 PM)g2_ Wrote:

(Mar. 12, 2021  1:43 PM)MasterChef Wrote: Woudn't make sense to complain about Lane cause he lost, but I do agree he needs to shut his yap and get over it.
 What I mean by get over it is that just face it that the twins are the twins, you know they will just win no matter how strong their opponent is in this season but you still complain about it. Don't know how I insulted you but if I did then sorry, I respect your opinion and lets respect each other as well.
(Mar. 12, 2021  1:23 PM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Mar. 12, 2021  12:35 PM)g2_ Wrote: Yeah, Hikaru and Hyuga are the definition of plot armor.

Honestly Lane and Shu are boring as hell too. I can understand Lane beating everyone but he has no personality besides being a typical antagonistic jerk and he always wins his battles with that annoying “take on my flare” junk. So instead of using his plot armour to reflect him skillfully beating his opponents, they just use that same flare garbage. Shu is also really lame this season; he was in my top 5 favourite characters before s5 but he’s honestly not entertaining anymore. Some people may not agree, but realistically, all he’s done is sit there quietly monitoring Lane with no interesting dialogue; and that too, most of his battles are tags with Lane so we know they are going to be boring and predictable. His introduction during the demon island arc and his battle and 10 second moments with Valt were good but the rest wasn’t great.

to be fair aside from ranjiro,  rantaro and sisco with a little of the bros lui was a bit fun cause of drum super fun personality after that no one has character growth this season they got one or two scene and that's it .
(Mar. 12, 2021  4:25 PM)God Dragruler Wrote:
(Mar. 12, 2021  1:23 PM)Zeutron Wrote: Honestly Lane and Shu are boring as hell too. I can understand Lane beating everyone but he has no personality besides being a typical antagonistic jerk and he always wins his battles with that annoying “take on my flare” junk. So instead of using his plot armour to reflect him skillfully beating his opponents, they just use that same flare garbage. Shu is also really lame this season; he was in my top 5 favourite characters before s5 but he’s honestly not entertaining anymore. Some people may not agree, but realistically, all he’s done is sit there quietly monitoring Lane with no interesting dialogue; and that too, most of his battles are tags with Lane so we know they are going to be boring and predictable. His introduction during the demon island arc and his battle and 10 second moments with Valt were good but the rest wasn’t great.

to be fair aside from ranjiro,  rantaro and sisco with a little of the bros lui was a bit fun cause of drum super fun personality after that no one has character growth this season they got one or two scene and that's it .

That’s completely true and I agree. The thing is, I can at least feel entertained whenever I watch other legends. I have something to look forward to with their fun moments and not-as predictable battles. Whenever I see Shu or Lane I just sigh and let the boredom role in.
(Mar. 12, 2021  1:23 PM)Zeutron Wrote: Honestly Lane and Shu are boring as hell too. I can understand Lane beating everyone but he has no personality besides being a typical antagonistic jerk and he always wins his battles with that annoying “take on my flare” junk. So instead of using his plot armour to reflect him skillfully beating his opponents, they just use that same flare garbage. Shu is also really lame this season; he was in my top 5 favourite characters before s5 but he’s honestly not entertaining anymore. Some people may not agree, but realistically, all he’s done is sit there quietly monitoring Lane with no interesting dialogue; and that too, most of his battles are tags with Lane so we know they are going to be boring and predictable. His introduction during the demon island arc and his battle and 10 second moments with Valt were good but the rest wasn’t great.

I think you've summed up my thoughts on Lean. He has little character to speak of, and doesn't have very much interesting things about it. He's not a terrible character (nor even that bad), but far from the breakout character the writers wanted him to be IMO.

As for Shu, he's definitely a case of being too much of a good thing. I like Shu, but even the best of characters will get exhausting after recieving too much focus in all their appearances (and no, I'm not talking about main protagonists either).
Honestly I just don't even care anymore. I'm just waiting for this train to leave the station and be done with it. I'm not invested in the slightest in the outcome of this battle, and even if I do know the inevitable conclusion, If I cared about the characters then even when the battle is predictable, I'd still be invested. I care nothing about Hyuga or Hikaru, I hate Lane, and Shu is just wallpaper for this battle.
honestly i just want to see the animation of the battle. and what if most excited about is too see the preview of the next season.
I'm more excited about the season 6 preveiw than the fliping epsiode, and I think most of us are.
Want to watch sun brothers vs dark brothers Hyuga and Hikaru vs Phi and Heartz battle.
(Mar. 12, 2021  5:30 PM)Admiral W Wrote: Honestly I just don't even care anymore. I'm just waiting for this train to leave the station and be done with it. I'm not invested in the slightest in the outcome of this battle, and even if I did know the inevitable conclusion, If I cared about the characters then even when the battle is predictable, I'd still be invested. I care nothing about Hyuga or Hikaru, I hate Lane, and Shu is just wallpaper for this battle.

For me, I was somewhat invested in Hikaru, then they took that no where, even if he's still a slightly interesting character to me. Hyuga, meh. Took too long to do much with him. Lean is just unsavable, especially now of all times. Shu may be cool, but only in the right situations. At least the final with have some good animation and looks like they'll shove Lean character development at the last second which may be a tad bit interesting.

At this point, I just want to see some new motifs and the newer characters.
(Mar. 12, 2021  12:35 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Mar. 12, 2021  12:22 PM)Zeutron Wrote: I mean, the the animation looks great in the preview but it’s a predictable battle between boring bladers so I’m not exactly hyped for it. What I’m really excited about is the preview for the next season at the end of the episode
Yeah, Hikaru and Hyuga are the definition of plot armor.

I mean its the end of the season so I think we can stop saying "Plot Armor" now.

Truth to be told, i enjoyed what I got from Sparking. May have not have been the best but it was good. Really hyped for the finale and what is in store for Season 6
I just want to see s6: the tales of purple edgy kid
(Mar. 12, 2021  6:41 PM)Valtryek Aoi Wrote:
(Mar. 12, 2021  5:30 PM)Admiral W Wrote: Honestly I just don't even care anymore. I'm just waiting for this train to leave the station and be done with it.  I'm not invested in the slightest in the outcome of this battle, and even if I did know the inevitable conclusion, If I cared about the characters then even when the battle is predictable, I'd still be invested. I care nothing about Hyuga or Hikaru, I hate Lane, and Shu is just wallpaper for this battle.

For me, I was somewhat invested in Hikaru, then they took that no where, even if he's still a slightly interesting character to me. Hyuga, meh. Took too long to do much with him. Lean is just unsavable, especially now of all times. Shu may be cool, but only in the right situations. At least the final with have some good animation and looks like they'll shove Lean character development at the last second which may be a tad bit interesting.

To each their own, they never invested me in either of them. Don't even get me started on Lean. They're just nothing. Always love Shu, but he's just wallpaper for this particular battle. I'm ready to move on from this train wreck. I'm just hoping to see Valt next season, always happy to see my boy. Hopefully the new cast is good and they nail the story.
(Mar. 12, 2021  7:59 PM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Mar. 12, 2021  6:41 PM)Valtryek Aoi Wrote: For me, I was somewhat invested in Hikaru, then they took that no where, even if he's still a slightly interesting character to me. Hyuga, meh. Took too long to do much with him. Lean is just unsavable, especially now of all times. Shu may be cool, but only in the right situations. At least the final with have some good animation and looks like they'll shove Lean character development at the last second which may be a tad bit interesting.

To each their own, they never invested me in either of them. Don't even get me started on Lean. They're just nothing. Always love Shu, but he's just wallpaper for this particular battle. I'm ready to move on from this train wreck. I'm just hoping to see Valt next season, always happy to see my boy. Hopefully the new cast is good and they nail the story.
I honestly want Lui and Aiga to come back too. Honestly, I don't want the Legends to go yet?
(Mar. 12, 2021  8:16 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Mar. 12, 2021  7:59 PM)Admiral W Wrote: To each their own, they never invested me in either of them. Don't even get me started on Lean. They're just nothing. Always love Shu, but he's just wallpaper for this particular battle. I'm ready to move on from this train wreck. I'm just hoping to see Valt next season, always happy to see my boy. Hopefully the new cast is good and they nail the story.
I honestly want Lui and Aiga to come back too. Honestly, I don't want the Legends to go yet?

I just don't want the legends to come back to be thrown under the bus again.
(Mar. 12, 2021  8:19 PM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Mar. 12, 2021  8:16 PM)g2_ Wrote: I honestly want Lui and Aiga to come back too. Honestly, I don't want the Legends to go yet?

I just don't want the legends to come back to be thrown under the bus again.
Id be the best if they fight a Rago type antagonist, all the legends together against the antagonist.
(Mar. 12, 2021  5:30 PM)Admiral W Wrote: Honestly I just don't even care anymore. I'm just waiting for this train to leave the station and be done with it.  I'm not invested in the slightest in the outcome of this battle, and even if I do know the inevitable conclusion, If I cared about the characters then even when the battle is predictable, I'd still be invested. I care nothing about Hyuga or Hikaru, I hate Lane, and Shu is just wallpaper for this battle.
I agree, since I legitimately don't understand what's the point of Sparking's story anymore. In every previous season the main character had some sort of a goal that they worked towards. Valt had a promise to meet in the finals with Shu in s1, in s2 he was saving him from himself, s3 Aiga had to to defeat Phi who was threatening the beyblade world and in s4 both Drum and Gwyn wanted to understand each other more. What's the the brothers' goal in Sparking? To beat all the legends? Why..? Because the narrator at the start of the episode tells them to? 

The thing is, they're kinda annoying (especially Hyuga, I've yet to see someone who's favourite character is Hyuga), so you end up cheering for the legends instead. That means that the very goal this season has set up goes directly against what the viewer wants to see.
(Mar. 12, 2021  8:28 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Mar. 12, 2021  8:19 PM)Admiral W Wrote: I just don't want the legends to come back to be thrown under the bus again.
Id be the best if they fight a Rago type antagonist, all the legends together against the antagonist.

Yeah we coulda had that in Cho-Z with Phi but guess not.
I'm legitimately worried about how this finale will play out, let me explain why:

So, keeping in mind that these episodes are less than 12 minutes long when when taking away the intro and ending, that isn't a lot of time to work with.

Also keeping in mind that the final match is a best of 3 type deal, since the twins have won 1 point in Episode 51. What will probably happen is that Lean/Shu will win 1 point, and the last one is the final round. That's two more beyblade rounds to tackle, and unless these rounds are quick, the episode duration is not long enough to tackle both those rounds as well as a substantial final scene. The reason I'm so worried, is that I feel like the series final scene will be as rushed as Chouzetsu where we got almost no real closure for the side characters, and given that this series is about the legends, it should be unacceptable not to have a proper last scene for this series. I pray that the final scene won't suck.

Lord knows that this anime season needs some redeeming qualities.
(Mar. 12, 2021  2:12 PM)TitanDragon Wrote: Has anyone noticed that Shu finally has gone through a whole season without breaking or abandoning Spryzen

Yeah, that's a first!
(Mar. 12, 2021  9:43 PM)Jinbee Wrote: I'm legitimately worried about how this finale will play out, let me explain why:

So, keeping in mind that these episodes are less than 12 minutes long when when taking away the intro and ending, that isn't a lot of time to work with.

Also keeping in mind that the final match is a best of 3 type deal, since the twins have won 1 point in Episode 51. What will probably happen is that Lean/Shu will win 1 point, and the last one is the final round. That's two more beyblade rounds to tackle, and unless these rounds are quick, the episode duration is not long enough to tackle both those rounds as well as a substantial final scene. The reason I'm so worried, is that I feel like the series final scene will be as rushed as Chouzetsu where we got almost no real closure for the side characters, and given that this series is about the legends, it should be unacceptable not to have a proper last scene for this series. I pray that the final scene won't suck.

I was kinda thinking the same things. They would have to rush the rounds or just have Hyuga and Hikaru straight demolish them 2-0. That's my worst fear tbh. That Shu and Lean won't get to put up much of a fight because of the time restriction. We'll probably just have a rushed Cho-Z end scene.
(Mar. 12, 2021  11:27 PM)Valtryek Aoi Wrote:
(Mar. 12, 2021  9:43 PM)Jinbee Wrote: I'm legitimately worried about how this finale will play out, let me explain why:

I was kinda thinking the same things. They would have to rush the rounds or just have Hyuga and Hikaru straight demolish them 2-0. That's my worst fear tbh. That Shu and Lean won't get to put up much of a fight because of the time restriction. We'll probably just have a rushed Cho-Z end scene.

now if a rushed battle happens then that's a giant yikes moment Uncertain