Beyblade Burst Sparking Episode #24 (September 4, 2020)

(Sep. 04, 2020  4:42 PM)Vtryuga Wrote:
(Sep. 04, 2020  2:52 PM)TrainiacJ Wrote: This episode has probably had me feeling more emotion than any Burst episode since the change to 11-minute episodes, but unfortunately that emotion is disappointment, so it's a wash lol. The fact that they set up this episode with Sisco reiterating his goals and motivation (defeating Free/the World Champion) and spend so much time stringing us along, thinking there might actually be any kind of character development in the series again, only to shoot it down and be like "lol no, free wins" is disappointing to say the least. Like, why bother focusing on Sisco through the battle if you're just going to do nothing?

And before anyone decides to spam replies about "power scaling", a good rule of writing is that anyone should be able to defeat anyone as long as it serves to strengthen the narrative. Everyone likes to complain about the beginning of Cho-Z where Aiga puts up a good fight against Valt and defeats Lui because "he's only a newbie, he's too stronk", but those battles serve a good purpose in the narrative by establishing Aiga's character as someone entirely different to Valt, and it also ties into that season's theme of Talent vs. Hard Work. So, if you're going to tell me Sisco deserved to be deprived of his character pay-off because "he's not strong enough to beat Free", you're barking up the wrong tree.

Ever since the series got its runtime slashed, every episode has felt like a collection of fun colors and shapes, with barely any character development and basically zero overarching plot, so seeing potential payoff for a character whose arc was left open by a previous series would have been really cool, but since BeyBurst doesn't like having an interesting story anymore, I suppose that was too much to ask for. I felt the same way to extent when they decided to break Ranjiro's bey, but at the very least that led into a good moment between him and Aiga, so it was somewhat forgivable. Free beating Sisco here serves zero purpose other than "free stronk, buy his toy".
Yes agreed wholeheartedly, if they had to mention the rivalry between Free and Sisco they should have at least shown Free to be shocked with a loss. However another interesting possibility could be that the real end to their rivalry will be in the individual tournament where Sisco (hopefully) manages to beat free. I think that it would be a nice payoff to the character of Sisco. I do believe that it is possible for this season to have some depth in terms of story as it is after all the final season.

If you are familiar with the MFB times; i really liked how they tied the role of Doji in the third season( even though he personally did not do much). It was refreshing to see something totally unpredictable. Burst I have a feeling is becoming to predictable and this season is especially guilty of that.

The main problem of this season is that unlike GT, ChoZ, God it doesnt have a major theme other than beating the legends. If they had to give us nice character moments then those had to be logical like the interaction between Aiga and Ranjiro and it lead to something in the plot. The interaction between Rantaro and Sisco has the potential of being important in the story later on. So I believe instead of writing off this interaction as completely unnecessary it would be prudent to wait for a while to see how it pans out. However if they dont manage to do it then it will be disappointing too, and ill believe that it is a waste of a character and story.

Yeah, the other series focused more on resonance, teamwork, and other aspects. I mean, even characters like Amane could get their good moments. It may have not been executed perfectly, but Sparking doesn't focus too much on those at all. Maybe a few moments here and there, but not anything big (yet).

I know Free is over-hyped but that doesn't mean other characters can't win every once in a while. Notice how the reason Satan lost was to stamina, after it got hit by Ragnurak on accident. Kinda how like Lucifer got knocked off balance allowing Aiga to swoop in and barely take the win.
(Sep. 04, 2020  2:52 PM)TrainiacJ Wrote:

(Sep. 04, 2020  5:49 PM)Jinbee Wrote:
(Sep. 04, 2020  2:52 PM)TrainiacJ Wrote:

(Sep. 04, 2020  7:06 PM)Limetka Wrote:
(Sep. 04, 2020  5:49 PM)Jinbee Wrote:

Honestly the way Valkyrie burst was pathetic.
(Sep. 05, 2020  1:48 AM)g2_ Wrote: Honestly the way Valkyrie burst was pathetic.
(Sep. 05, 2020  1:51 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Sep. 05, 2020  1:48 AM)g2_ Wrote: Honestly the way Valkyrie burst was pathetic.
Valt has defeated titans like Aiga and Shu. Rantaro being able to tie with him is BS.
(Sep. 05, 2020  1:56 AM)g2_ Wrote:
Valt has defeated titans like Aiga and Shu. Rantaro being able to tie with him is BS.
(Sep. 05, 2020  2:01 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Sep. 05, 2020  1:56 AM)g2_ Wrote: Valt has defeated titans like Aiga and Shu. Rantaro being able to tie with him is BS.
Yeah, Rantaro had improved a lot, Im proud of him.
(Sep. 05, 2020  2:04 AM)g2_ Wrote:
(Sep. 05, 2020  2:01 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
Yeah, Rantaro had improved a lot, Im proud of him.

Rantaro went berserk like he burst in to flames and saying Rantaro was always strong he beat sisco with a burst in like Episode 17 of god

[Image: berserk-rantaro-XLK3mo]
[img]https://gifs.com/gif/berserk-rantaro-XLK3mo[/img]

I made a gif for rantaro
And not to mention it was a surprise attack
(Sep. 05, 2020  2:22 AM)Needforspeed Wrote:
And not to mention it was a surprise attack
To be fair, I don’t think Valt would have been able to avoid it anyways but it definitely was.
BRO Rantaro coming in clutch! Valt's gotta show more moves this is the second time he got out cuz of Rantaro!! and man I just liked this episode FINALLY something that is not about the main characters but the past characters.

I loved the Sisco action in this episode. I even thought that he was gonna win until Free pulled Mirage Claw. Sisco totally deserved that win but Free still got plot armor. GG nevertheless. I do think Drum and Lui will win next episode.
(Sep. 05, 2020  1:56 AM)g2_ Wrote:
(Sep. 05, 2020  1:51 AM)Zeutron Wrote: [spoiler] Ok, então eu sei que você tem sua própria opinião, mas eu tenho que perguntar por que você acha que foi patético? Valt usou uma espada corajosa enquanto Rantaro enlouqueceu e usou um tornado planador louco e poderoso que eu acho muito legal e com tanto poder Valt estava fadado a estourar tbh. Novamente, sua opinião, mas ainda estou curioso [/ spoiler]
Valt derrotou carpãs como Aiga e Shu. Rantaro ser capaz de empatar com ele é BS.
one more thing Valt never defeated Aiga and it only happened when aiga started playing beyblade and yet he narrowly won
(Sep. 05, 2020  10:44 AM)Edjelson Semedo Wrote:
(Sep. 05, 2020  1:56 AM)g2_ Wrote: Valt derrotou carpãs como Aiga e Shu. Rantaro ser capaz de empatar com ele é BS.
one more thing Valt never defeated Aiga and it only happened when aiga started playing beyblade and yet he narrowly won
Still counts.
(Sep. 05, 2020  1:32 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Sep. 05, 2020  10:44 AM)Edjelson Semedo Wrote: mais uma coisa que Valt nunca derrotou Aiga e só aconteceu quando aiga começou a jogar beyblade e ainda assim ganhou por pouco
Ainda conta.

Aiga had just had a bey and wasn’t even completely strong before defeating Lui
(Sep. 05, 2020  2:24 PM)Edjelson Semedo Wrote:
(Sep. 05, 2020  1:32 PM)g2_ Wrote: Ainda conta.

Aiga had just had a bey and wasn’t even completely strong before defeating Lui
You have to note to that valt didn't even master wV yet
(Sep. 05, 2020  5:18 PM)Necessito de velocidade Wrote:
(Sep. 05, 2020  2:24 PM)Edjelson Semedo Wrote: Aiga tinha acabado de ganhar um bey e nem estava completamente forte antes de derrotar Lui
Você tem que notar que valt nem mesmo dominava wV ainda

but already knew how to play Beyblade as opposed to Aiga which was the first time
(Sep. 05, 2020  6:03 PM)Edjelson Semedo Wrote:
(Sep. 05, 2020  5:18 PM)Necessito de velocidade Wrote: Você tem que notar que valt nem mesmo dominava wV ainda

but already knew how to play Beyblade as opposed to Aiga which was the first time

There is only one things one has to know to start Beyblade. How to launch.
(Sep. 05, 2020  6:47 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Sep. 05, 2020  6:03 PM)Edjelson Semedo Wrote: but already knew how to play Beyblade as opposed to Aiga which was the first time

There is only one things one has to know to start Beyblade. How to launch.
In the anime bladers bond with beys so that’s not necessarily the case.
(Sep. 05, 2020  6:52 PM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Sep. 05, 2020  6:47 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: There is only one things one has to know to start Beyblade. How to launch.
In the anime bladers bond with beys so that’s not necessarily the case.

Yes, but most bladers launch except for free and Ryuga. The beys that can’t spin steal still have to launch to stand a chance in surviving against another bey (due to the more realistic approach in Beyblade Burst). Many bladers in the anime learn about resonance and bonding later on (as shown by Valt who kind of pretended that Valkyrie was real).
(Sep. 05, 2020  7:01 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Sep. 05, 2020  6:52 PM)Zeutron Wrote: In the anime bladers bond with beys so that’s not necessarily the case.

Yes, but most bladers launch except for free and Ryuga. The beys that can’t spin steal still have to launch to stand a chance in surviving against another bey (due to the more realistic approach in Beyblade Burst). Many bladers in the anime learn about resonance and bonding later on (as shown by Valt who kind of pretended that Valkyrie was real).
I don’t think it was really pretend to be honest. The more realistic approach of beyblade burst is more the power and capabilities of the beyblades themselves which has considerably been toned down.
(Sep. 05, 2020  7:05 PM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Sep. 05, 2020  7:01 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: Yes, but most bladers launch except for free and Ryuga. The beys that can’t spin steal still have to launch to stand a chance in surviving against another bey (due to the more realistic approach in Beyblade Burst). Many bladers in the anime learn about resonance and bonding later on (as shown by Valt who kind of pretended that Valkyrie was real).
I don’t think it was really pretend to be honest. The more realistic approach of beyblade burst is more the power and capabilities of the beyblades themselves which has considerably been toned down.

Alright, but there is many strong bladers that don’t really resonate or talk with their bey like Joe or Blind.
(Sep. 05, 2020  7:18 PM)6 Júpiter 5 Wrote:
(Sep. 05, 2020  7:05 PM)Zeutron Wrote: Eu não acho que foi realmente fingir ser honesto. A abordagem mais realista do burst da beyblade é mais o poder e as capacidades das próprias beyblades, que foram consideravelmente atenuadas.

Tudo bem, mas há muitos bladers fortes que realmente não ressoam ou falam com seu bey como Joe ou Blind.

eI don't think the blind is strong, after all, he didn't have a single GT win nor do I know how he is part of the GT 3
(Sep. 05, 2020  8:22 PM)Edjelson Semedo Wrote:
(Sep. 05, 2020  7:18 PM)6 Júpiter 5 Wrote: Tudo bem, mas há muitos bladers fortes que realmente não ressoam ou falam com seu bey como Joe ou Blind.

eI don't think the blind is strong, after all, he didn't have a single GT win nor do I know how he is part of the GT 3

its not that his not strong Don't be mistaken about blind they only reason why he lost is because his paired with literally against two character that are they main cast . Delta was the hot new rival around and drum is the main character, but blind actually proves why is a gt3 an his first match against delta he force delta to evolve his gold turbo cause his was blocking it which delta himself said so and that's only possible if your stronger than the person who has gold turbo keep in mind blind didn't have any turbo at that time . And the fact that he not only achieve but master dark turbo also proves why his a Gt3 and is actually strong look at pot for example his only win is against a weaker version of amane couldn't really beat drum lost to delta too but never achieve any of the turbo while blind did achieve something.  The reason why some people think is weak is cause of the lost but they don't even realize against who he lost put him against anyone else outside of drum ,delta , Arthur and Gwynn his going to win . I don't count aiga or valt cause their special case