Beyblade Burst Sparking Episode #24 (September 4, 2020)

The way they have handled valt till now is a bit underwhelming because of the fact that there are the other legends too. I still think that Valt will be treated much better in future episodes lol.
I'm looking forward to that team up. But I'd would have preferred to see them battle each other actually. Maybe during the 1 v 1 section of the tournament.

(Sep. 04, 2020  8:48 AM)Vtryuga Wrote: The way they have handled valt till now is a bit underwhelming because of the fact that there are the other legends too. I still think that Valt will be treated much better  in future episodes lol.

I'm hoping so.
Alright this episode stuck out enough for me to watch... aaaaand...

(Sep. 04, 2020  8:47 AM)Needforspeed Wrote:
(Sep. 04, 2020  8:28 AM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote: Not gonna lie...
I can relate to that tho geist claw=mirage claw

I mean, fair enough.
(Sep. 04, 2020  8:53 AM)Jinbee Wrote: Alright this episode stuck out enough for me to watch... aaaaand...

(Sep. 04, 2020  9:11 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Sep. 04, 2020  8:53 AM)Jinbee Wrote: Alright this episode stuck out enough for me to watch... aaaaand...

i would have to unfortunately have to disagree with you here; the rivalry is there and had never been resolved fully in the anime in the past. I mean even friends have rivalry's and that is just normal. In sports and in a competition no one cares if you are a friend even if you are a good friend with your competitor outside the sport. Its the same with sisco and free. Your point about free not treating sisco fairly is uncertain as i dont know what free exactly said. but regarding drum i can easily understand the fact due to the reason that lui has never treated anyone in the best wayand is not a team player. its more of lui's nature rather than drums fault.
(Sep. 04, 2020  8:54 AM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote:
(Sep. 04, 2020  8:47 AM)Needforspeed Wrote: I can relate to that tho geist claw=mirage claw

I mean, fair enough.
Well
(Sep. 04, 2020  9:23 AM)Needforspeed Wrote:
(Sep. 04, 2020  8:54 AM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote: I mean, fair enough.
Well

Oh, I actually liked "Mirage Claw". I mean the move I thought was lame was "Geist Counter" from Cho-Z.

Anyways, back on topic. I thought the episode was pretty cool and as I've mentioned before, the battle was great too.
i have a feeling that free will qualify and will face lean in the semi finals while using his nothing break but will unfortunately loose due to some new move by lean
(Sep. 04, 2020  9:22 AM)Vtryuga Wrote:
(Sep. 04, 2020  9:11 AM)Zeutron Wrote:

i would have to unfortunately have to disagree with you here; the rivalry is there and had never been resolved fully in the anime in the past. I mean even friends have rivalry's and that is just normal. In sports and in a competition no one cares if you are a friend even if you are a good friend with your competitor outside the sport. Its the same with sisco and free. Your point about free not treating sisco fairly is uncertain as i dont know what free exactly said. but regarding drum i can easily understand the fact due to the reason that lui has never treated anyone in the best wayand is not a team player. its more of lui's nature rather than drums fault.
I see what you mean and respect your opinion but speaking for myself, I still kinda feel the way I do. What I am trying to say here is that I feel like they should lower all this focus on the legends and treat them just as they are, recurring characters. I think they should all know each other just like they do in the manga and I also think they should just have casual relationships and none of that complex stuff.

(Sep. 04, 2020  9:31 AM)Vtryuga Wrote: i have a feeling that free will qualify and will face lean in the semi finals while using his nothing break but will unfortunately loose due to some new move by lean
I think it will be Lane, Hikaru, Hyuga and Aiga. The reason why is because Lane is now set on beating Aiga and they surely won’t let that go to waste. Perhaps Free and Lane can battle in their second tag battle?
(Sep. 04, 2020  9:34 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Sep. 04, 2020  9:22 AM)Vtryuga Wrote: i would have to unfortunately have to disagree with you here; the rivalry is there and had never been resolved fully in the anime in the past. I mean even friends have rivalry's and that is just normal. In sports and in a competition no one cares if you are a friend even if you are a good friend with your competitor outside the sport. Its the same with sisco and free. Your point about free not treating sisco fairly is uncertain as i dont know what free exactly said. but regarding drum i can easily understand the fact due to the reason that lui has never treated anyone in the best wayand is not a team player. its more of lui's nature rather than drums fault.
I see what you mean and respect your opinion but speaking for myself, I still kinda feel the way I do. What I am trying to say here is that I feel like they should lower all this focus on the legends and treat them just as they are, recurring characters. I think they should all know each other just like they do in the manga and I also think they should just have casual relationships and none of that complex stuff.
Ah well the same goes for me. however i feel that if they can execute the backstories and rivalries pretty well then there is no problem. The complexities can be very well handled but the rivalry in todays episode was not done justice. thats why i get your point but i think we can agree that if they manage to do it in a better way it adds something special. Also dont you think that the main characters are a little bit underdeveloped after episode 16. We dont see any quiet moments from the main characters anymore and it feels as if the anime is focussing more on the legends than the main characters themselves
(Sep. 04, 2020  9:40 AM)Vtryuga Wrote:
(Sep. 04, 2020  9:34 AM)Zeutron Wrote: I see what you mean and respect your opinion but speaking for myself, I still kinda feel the way I do. What I am trying to say here is that I feel like they should lower all this focus on the legends and treat them just as they are, recurring characters. I think they should all know each other just like they do in the manga and I also think they should just have casual relationships and none of that complex stuff.
Ah well the same goes for me. however i feel that if they can execute the backstories and rivalries pretty well then there is no problem. The complexities can be very well handled but the rivalry in todays episode was not done justice. thats why i get your point but i think we can agree that if they manage to do it in a better way it adds something special. Also dont you think that the main characters are a little bit underdeveloped after episode 16. We dont see any quiet moments from the main characters anymore and it feels as if the anime is focussing more on the legends than the main characters themselves
Yeah it definitely seems that way to me too. I think that the writers have gotten a little carried away since all 8 legends have been main cast members at some point and it’s almost like old times.
Just saw this fantastic episode!

I heard that Wakiya can be seen slightly in this week's release but I seem to have missed it. Did anyone catch them??
(Sep. 04, 2020  9:50 AM)NAP Wrote: Just saw this fantastic episode!

I heard that Wakiya can be seen slightly in this week's release but I seem to have missed it. Did anyone catch them??

Ya In one of the flashbacks sisco has you can see wakiya in the background

That scene where free mocks sisco with drain spin in episode 5 of god
Not sure if anyone noticed Valkyrie burst purely because of Ragnaruk but Ragnaruk hit Satan which was in the centre and then bursted.
(Sep. 04, 2020  10:48 AM)NPN Wrote: Not sure if anyone noticed Valkyrie burst purely because of Ragnaruk but Ragnaruk hit Satan which was in the centre and then bursted.

yea i noticed that too. i thought that i was tripping. as ragnaruk burst valkries
(Sep. 04, 2020  10:48 AM)NPN Wrote: Not sure if anyone noticed Valkyrie burst purely because of Ragnaruk but Ragnaruk hit Satan which was in the centre and then bursted.

It seems like another unplanned accident caused the win. Kinda like Hyperion screwing up Lucifer's balance, Ragnurak caused Satan to lose more stamina. What a loss.

The move was called Triple Twister, right?
(Sep. 03, 2020  10:33 PM)Almirante W Wrote: Recentemente, tenho ouvido reclamações sobre Valt ser o blader mais forte do mundo. Alguns simplesmente não querem aceitar que seja esse o caso. Espero que este episódio ajude as pessoas a entender por que Valt está acima de todos os outros bladers.

Eu estava apenas olhando para o trailer novamente. Eu realmente acho que isso tem potencial para ser a melhor batalha em sparking até agora.
valt burst together with rantaro this is enough to show that he is not the best in the world
Wait what wasn't ragnaruk hits valkyrie send it flying then ragnaruk hits satan bounce to the air then hits valkyrie causing a double burst
(Sep. 04, 2020  11:57 AM)Needforspeed Wrote:
Wait what wasn't ragnaruk hits valkyrie send it flying then ragnaruk hits satan bounce to the air then hits valkyrie causing a double burst

No, Ragnurak hit Valkyrie, Valkyrie bursted, and Ragnurak hit Satan out of the center then bursted.
(Sep. 04, 2020  12:14 PM)Valtryek Aoi Wrote:
(Sep. 04, 2020  11:57 AM)Needforspeed Wrote: Wait what wasn't ragnaruk hits valkyrie send it flying then ragnaruk hits satan bounce to the air then hits valkyrie causing a double burst

No, Ragnurak hit Valkyrie, Valkyrie bursted, and Ragnurak hit Satan out of the center then bursted.
Ig full power glide might take out not full power brave at blind side
This episode has probably had me feeling more emotion than any Burst episode since the change to 11-minute episodes, but unfortunately that emotion is disappointment, so it's a wash lol. The fact that they set up this episode with Sisco reiterating his goals and motivation (defeating Free/the World Champion) and spend so much time stringing us along, thinking there might actually be any kind of character development in the series again, only to shoot it down and be like "lol no, free wins" is disappointing to say the least. Like, why bother focusing on Sisco through the battle if you're just going to do nothing?

And before anyone decides to spam replies about "power scaling", a good rule of writing is that anyone should be able to defeat anyone as long as it serves to strengthen the narrative. Everyone likes to complain about the beginning of Cho-Z where Aiga puts up a good fight against Valt and defeats Lui because "he's only a newbie, he's too stronk", but those battles serve a good purpose in the narrative by establishing Aiga's character as someone entirely different to Valt, and it also ties into that season's theme of Talent vs. Hard Work. So, if you're going to tell me Sisco deserved to be deprived of his character pay-off because "he's not strong enough to beat Free", you're barking up the wrong tree.

Ever since the series got its runtime slashed, every episode has felt like a collection of fun colors and shapes, with barely any character development and basically zero overarching plot, so seeing potential payoff for a character whose arc was left open by a previous series would have been really cool, but since BeyBurst doesn't like having an interesting story anymore, I suppose that was too much to ask for. I felt the same way to extent when they decided to break Ranjiro's bey, but at the very least that led into a good moment between him and Aiga, so it was somewhat forgivable. Free beating Sisco here serves zero purpose other than "free stronk, buy his toy".
(Sep. 04, 2020  2:52 PM)TrainiacJ Wrote: This episode has probably had me feeling more emotion than any Burst episode since the change to 11-minute episodes, but unfortunately that emotion is disappointment, so it's a wash lol. The fact that they set up this episode with Sisco reiterating his goals and motivation (defeating Free/the World Champion) and spend so much time stringing us along, thinking there might actually be any kind of character development in the series again, only to shoot it down and be like "lol no, free wins" is disappointing to say the least. Like, why bother focusing on Sisco through the battle if you're just going to do nothing?

And before anyone decides to spam replies about "power scaling", a good rule of writing is that anyone should be able to defeat anyone as long as it serves to strengthen the narrative. Everyone likes to complain about the beginning of Cho-Z where Aiga puts up a good fight against Valt and defeats Lui because "he's only a newbie, he's too stronk", but those battles serve a good purpose in the narrative by establishing Aiga's character as someone entirely different to Valt, and it also ties into that season's theme of Talent vs. Hard Work. So, if you're going to tell me Sisco deserved to be deprived of his character pay-off because "he's not strong enough to beat Free", you're barking up the wrong tree.

Ever since the series got its runtime slashed, every episode has felt like a collection of fun colors and shapes, with barely any character development and basically zero overarching plot, so seeing potential payoff for a character whose arc was left open by a previous series would have been really cool, but since BeyBurst doesn't like having an interesting story anymore, I suppose that was too much to ask for. I felt the same way to extent when they decided to break Ranjiro's bey, but at the very least that led into a good moment between him and Aiga, so it was somewhat forgivable. Free beating Sisco here serves zero purpose other than "free stronk, buy his toy".
Yes agreed wholeheartedly, if they had to mention the rivalry between Free and Sisco they should have at least shown Free to be shocked with a loss. However another interesting possibility could be that the real end to their rivalry will be in the individual tournament where Sisco (hopefully) manages to beat free. I think that it would be a nice payoff to the character of Sisco. I do believe that it is possible for this season to have some depth in terms of story as it is after all the final season.

If you are familiar with the MFB times; i really liked how they tied the role of Doji in the third season( even though he personally did not do much). It was refreshing to see something totally unpredictable. Burst I have a feeling is becoming to predictable and this season is especially guilty of that.

The main problem of this season is that unlike GT, ChoZ, God it doesnt have a major theme other than beating the legends. If they had to give us nice character moments then those had to be logical like the interaction between Aiga and Ranjiro and it lead to something in the plot. The interaction between Rantaro and Sisco has the potential of being important in the story later on. So I believe instead of writing off this interaction as completely unnecessary it would be prudent to wait for a while to see how it pans out. However if they dont manage to do it then it will be disappointing too, and ill believe that it is a waste of a character and story.