Beyblade Burst Sparking Anime/Manga

Agh...
And Kyle wasn’t even good in the anime either!
Ken was my favorite character in the series too...
Just another series with new random characters. Let's be honest the anime now is pretty much an advertisement of TT products
(Nov. 26, 2019  12:34 AM)Legend Red Eye Wrote: Just another series with new random characters. Let's be honest the anime now is pretty much an advertisement of TT products

All Beyblade anime seasons are pretty much an advertisement, it's just that Burst feels the most like an advertisement of all three eras.
(Nov. 26, 2019  12:58 AM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote:
(Nov. 26, 2019  12:34 AM)Legend Red Eye Wrote: Just another series with new random characters. Let's be honest the anime now is pretty much an advertisement of TT products

All Beyblade anime seasons are pretty much an advertisement, it's just that Burst feels the most like an advertisement of all three eras.
In your opinion, does it help or hinder the season?
(Nov. 26, 2019  12:58 AM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote:
(Nov. 26, 2019  12:34 AM)Legend Red Eye Wrote: Just another series with new random characters. Let's be honest the anime now is pretty much an advertisement of TT products

Excuse me, but if you will allow sharing my thoughts. This whole season is f@#$%^ up.
1. I'm not having very high hopes because characters are just copies of the originals. 
2. Antagonists can't do anything but break beys. The whole thing was something unusual but it now feels like Burst is known for bey breaks rather than actual different plot each season that actually stood out in metal saga. 

The whole plot of the first season and evolution was fantastic. Cho-Z and GT are like based evolution being the best blader in the world but with different protagonists. It's really boring to switch from Valt to Aiga to Drum to maybe a new main don't you agree eh? The plot where it was back 4 years ago was the best moment for the anime. Just because the the team isn't getting much support in their revenue led them to make these 10 min episodes. I'm not complaining, I'm just grateful we have anime in the 5th season. The quality of anime is VERY SLOW, and do you believe they will switch back to the 20min episodes with decent pacing? Heck na, just watch how they will slack off the actual anime. 

I don't like any character in GT so far besides Aiga and Valt. Besides those two the whole anime is just filled with remade characters from past seasons. 

Maybe it's just me and my opinionated beliefs but I feel like the anime doesn't provide much screentime to major characters and their development. They just slap these battles in which are 2 episodes long for major ones. I just don't like GT so far. Don't get me wrong, I already left the anime months ago I came back mainly to watch Delta vs Aiga until it was flipping interrupted by this weird aztec lookin naruto freak.
It would help. That is... if the beyblades that are really good in the anime... will actually be pretty good irl...

Cuz Agh! I hate it when a beyblade has so much sauce in the anime,
But is just “Mehh” at best, mediocre on average, or
hyper-sucky at worst in real life...
There’s too many examples of that...

(Slash Valkyrie, Buster Xcalibur, God Valkyrie,
Killer Deathscyther, Shelter Regulus, Hazard Kerbeus,
Imperial Dragon, Vise Leopard... just to name a few...)
^Characters being copies of the originals:
So...
Drum>Valt
Amane->Rantaro+Daina
Fumiya->Wakiya+Hoji
Joe->????
Lodin->Quon+Gou???
Delta->Shu Eye
Blind->Zac or Akira?
Pot->Xhaka?
Arthur->Lui???
Gwyn->?????

I actually find most of GT's characters distinct, its hard to think of actual comparisons, but there are some cool concepts that could be fleshed out a bit more. Though I agree GT's not the greatest when it comes to pacing.
(Nov. 26, 2019  3:59 AM)Strider Xanthos Wrote: ^Characters being copies of the originals:
So...
Drum>Valt
Amane->Rantaro+Daina
Fumiya->Wakiya+Hoji
Joe->????
Lodin->Quon+Gou???
Delta->Shu Eye
Blind->Zac or Akira?
Pot->Xhaka?
Arthur->Lui???
Gwyn->?????

I actually find most of GT's characters distinct, its hard to think of actual comparisons, but there are some cool concepts that could be fleshed out a bit more. Though I agree GT's not the greatest when it comes to pacing.
Yeah right. 
Starting off, Gwyn is a clear monk kind of math guy has to do with similarities of Evel and Naoki
Arthur has to do with Phi clearly, came outta nowhere and break beys
Pot has to do with Xhaka cuz of his dojo thingy
Blind has to do with Jack from Metal Saga
Delta obviously with Shu
Lodin has to do with Hae-Jin
Joe's similar to...eh I don't know. WELL, THIS GUY IS ORIGINAL GrinD
Fumiya's trash he's this celebrity figure kinda thing in japan being popular so Zac, Joshua, Wakiya agreed
Amane, CLEARLY Rantaro, Ranjiro, daina by looks
Drum, a clear downgrade of Valt and Aiga.
(Nov. 26, 2019  4:05 AM)Legend Red Eye Wrote:
(Nov. 26, 2019  3:59 AM)Strider Xanthos Wrote: ^Characters being copies of the originals:
So...
Drum>Valt
Amane->Rantaro+Daina
Fumiya->Wakiya+Hoji
Joe->????
Lodin->Quon+Gou???
Delta->Shu Eye
Blind->Zac or Akira?
Pot->Xhaka?
Arthur->Lui???
Gwyn->?????

Yeah right. 
Starting off, Gwyn is a clear monk kind of math guy has to do with similarities of Evel and Naoki
Delta obviously with Shu
Fumiya's trash he's this celebrity figure kinda thing in japan being popular so Zac, Joshua, Wakiya agreed

Oh, you meant overall? Thought you meant GT to Burst 1.
Gwyn...a monk? No, I think he’s a hikko….I don’t know the term in Japanese but its something like a neet. Plus, is that a bad thing? I like Evel and Naoki (and so does Naoki’s actor) but its pretty much agreed that both of them deserved more and Gwyn’s shaping up to be a key player in this arc going forward.
Arthur vs Phi? Kinda but Arthur can at least attract followers.
Pot and Xhaka are similar but different.
Jack and Blind...yeah their both artists but I think Jack does it better since he carves up the stadium. I’d like to know both of their backstories more. Though Joe vs Drum reminds me such much of Klaus vs Jack.
Yeah but Lodin’s a flexer who knows he’s amazing, Houi’s much humbler and kind. I miss them both.
Fumiya to Wakiya? I don’t know, he’s fame seeky but that’s to get stronger and make himself and his team stronger, Zac just wants the spotlight to be on him and be the hero. And Zac’s no on near as arrogant. I’d say Wakiya because of their sibling like connection, and they end up nicer as they let on (though Fumiya’s much more ambitious)
Amane’s more skilled than Rantaro, and he’s a much better voice of reason compared, but he doesn’t have as much as a major arc like Daina. He’s a weird balance.
I was meaning to ask but do u guys think they will keep gt chips in season 5?? I personally don't but i wanna hear your thoughts.
(Nov. 26, 2019  5:41 AM)KnightPro Wrote: I was meaning to ask but do u guys think they will keep gt chips in season 5?? I personally don't but i wanna hear your thoughts.

Na, I don't think they will keep them they might come up with a totally new system.
(Nov. 26, 2019  3:57 AM)ReekoBlader Wrote: It would help. That is...  if the beyblades that are really good in the anime... will actually be pretty good irl...

Cuz Agh!  I hate it when a beyblade has so much sauce in the anime,

I think having a lot of examples is not that bad. Because of these examples, we can learn the meaning of these names and explore the things in myths if you guys don’t mind.It also means that the Takaratomy bey producer has lot of knowledge in myths and find surprising names. So I really want more examples in the fifth season because this season have less examples and the product of February maybe is a new Asura cause it broke in the manga.
(Nov. 26, 2019  3:40 AM)Strider Xanthos Wrote:
(Nov. 26, 2019  12:58 AM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote: All Beyblade anime seasons are pretty much an advertisement, it's just that Burst feels the most like an advertisement of all three eras.
In your opinion, does it help or hinder the season?

That's a bit of a tricky one, I'll give my take here and see which side it leans to.

For more advertising in Burst:
Against more advertising in Burst:
Overall
(Nov. 26, 2019  11:02 AM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote:
(Nov. 26, 2019  3:40 AM)Strider Xanthos Wrote: In your opinion, does it help or hinder the season?

That's a bit of a tricky one, I'll give my take here and see which side it leans to.

Overall

I...agree with all of this. Toko and Kitt were a good starting point when it comes to bringing back characters from previous seasons (that we weren't sure were going to come back) and having cameos from previous characters would help remind the audience yeah, these guys are still doing fine. Heck, bring them back for a few minutes to check up on the new characters and if they don't have new beys, have them use the last ones they had. They've done it before:
a. Sisco and Kurtz coming back to battle and doing pretty well.
b. Xhaka borrowing his protege's bey and using it to fight Aiga.
c. Ken trying to talk down Shu Eye near the finals.
But it would help if they expanded upon it more. Like Free coming in to help Fumiya regain his confidence, Drum going back to BC Sol for a little training and meeting some of his senior members, Lodin watching Lui on tv and being inspired to become a blader.
(Nov. 26, 2019  10:32 AM)Dasmind Wrote:
(Nov. 26, 2019  3:57 AM)ReekoBlader Wrote: It would help. That is...  if the beyblades that are really good in the anime... will actually be pretty good irl...

Cuz Agh!  I hate it when a beyblade has so much sauce in the anime,

I think having a lot of examples is not that bad. Because of these examples, we can learn the meaning of these names and explore the things in myths if you guys don’t mind.It also means that the Takaratomy bey producer has lot of knowledge in myths and find surprising names. So I really want more examples in the fifth season because this season have less examples and the product of February maybe is a new Asura cause it broke in the manga.

I think you misunderstood my post...
having names that have traces to mythology is not the problem I have, the problem is when a beyblade is super pomped up in the anime, super competitive in the anime, but when you buy the beyblade, it’s trash!  The best example out of all of them of this carp is Shelter Regulus...

New names and new beyblades is fine...
Evolving fan-favorite beyblades is fine...
But making them so carpy that the only use for them is to be on the shelf.... 
unacceptable!!
(Nov. 26, 2019  3:58 PM)ReekoBlader Wrote:
(Nov. 26, 2019  10:32 AM)Dasmind Wrote: I think having a lot of examples is not that bad. Because of these examples, we can learn the meaning of these names and explore the things in myths if you guys don’t mind.It also means that the Takaratomy bey producer has lot of knowledge in myths and find surprising names. So I really want more examples in the fifth season because this season have less examples and the product of February maybe is a new Asura cause it broke in the manga.

having names that have traces to mythology is not the problem I have, the problem is when a beyblade is super pomped up in the anime, super competitive in the anime, but when you buy the beyblade, it’s trash!  The best example out of all of them of this carp is Shelter Regulus...

unacceptable!!

Well what do u expect not every beyblade is gonna be super competitive in real life. This has been proven by MFB and plastic gen way before in the anime so I don't know what you expected lol.
(Nov. 26, 2019  3:58 PM)ReekoBlader Wrote: I think you misunderstood my post...

unacceptable!!

Sure, they're not always competitive beyblades in practice, but if we're looking at these beys theoretically, which the anime does a lot, Shelter Regulus has a good gimmick, becoming taller and harder to hit, while also being more defensive overall. Sure, it's negligible IRL, but taken at face value, which is what the anime does more, Regulus' gimmick is good. Not to mention that Regulus was likely against less God beys when Ruwei earned 4th best ranking, as it's heavily implied that Lui had Lost Longinus when he earned 2nd place, and Xhaka had Xeno Xcalibur when he earned 5th.

The series has some realism to be sure, but that doesn't mean it'll be super accurate to how beyblades actually perform IRL, or else Houi would be one of the strongest bladers in Cho-Z. In the anime Houi, while skilled, lacked the power, skills are outclassed, and in Hercules' case especially, variety in technique.
(Nov. 26, 2019  3:47 PM)Strider Xanthos Wrote:
(Nov. 26, 2019  11:02 AM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote: That's a bit of a tricky one, I'll give my take here and see which side it leans to.

Overall

I...agree with all of this. Toko and Kitt were a good starting point when it comes to bringing back characters from previous seasons (that we weren't sure were going to come back) and having cameos from previous characters would help remind the audience yeah, these guys are still doing fine. Heck, bring them back for a few minutes to check up on the new characters and if they don't have new beys, have them use the last ones they had. They've done it before:
a. Sisco and Kurtz coming back to battle and doing pretty well.
b. Xhaka borrowing his protege's bey and using it to fight Aiga.
c. Ken trying to talk down Shu Eye near the finals.
But it would help if they expanded upon it more. Like Free coming in to help Fumiya regain his confidence, Drum going back to BC Sol for a little training and meeting some of his senior members, Lodin watching Lui on tv and being inspired to become a blader.

Exactly! They've done it before!

Hell, all of the characters from the first season of Burst made it into one cameo at the last two episodes of Beyblade Burst God/Evolution.
(Nov. 26, 2019  4:05 AM)Legend Red Eye Wrote:
So...
Drum>Valt
Amane->Rantaro+Daina
Fumiya->Wakiya+Hoji
Joe->????
Lodin->Quon+Gou???
Delta->Shu Eye
Blind->Zac or Akira?
Pot->Xhaka?
Arthur->Lui???
Gwyn->?????

Yeah right. 
Delta obviously with Shu

Arthur does not have to do with phi phi broke beys to show his power he'd already began calling himself a god of destruction and thats what gods of destruction do so he didn't come out of nowhere breaking beys Arthur Doesn't break beys on purpose drum and deltas beys were broken cause apocalypse was to strong 
And you really said pot had to do with xander cause he lived in a bey dojo like really they're two different characters in terms of everything
(Nov. 26, 2019  3:58 PM)ReekoBlader Wrote:
(Nov. 26, 2019  10:32 AM)Dasmind Wrote: I think having a lot of examples is not that bad. Because of these examples, we can learn the meaning of these names and explore the things in myths if you guys don’t mind.It also means that the Takaratomy bey producer has lot of knowledge in myths and find surprising names. So I really want more examples in the fifth season because this season have less examples and the product of February maybe is a new Asura cause it broke in the manga.

unacceptable!!
I see
Yeah...
I’m not asking for the anime to come to life...
I just want TT to not make any mediocre beys..
Shelter regulus did have a really nice gimmick,
But a nice gimmick means nuffin if the bey is too weak...
(It’s now worth using cuz of the available dash drivers) Like I said...
I’m not asking for the anime to come to life...
I just want to be sure that my hard earned money is not being spent on trash... especially if TT puts so much effort in advertising it!
(Nov. 26, 2019  7:28 PM)Requim Wrote:
(Nov. 26, 2019  4:05 AM)Legend Red Eye Wrote: Yeah right. 
Delta obviously with Shu

Arthur does not have to do with phi phi broke beys to show his power he'd already began calling himself a god of destruction and thats what gods of destruction do so he didn't come out of nowhere breaking beys Arthur Doesn't break beys on purpose drum and deltas beys were broken cause apocalypse was to strong 
And you really said pot had to do with xander cause he lived in a bey dojo like really they're two different characters in terms of everything
bruh have you seen the episode? This aztec lookin guy came outta nowhere and interrupted that one battle I was hyped. He then just said "oh my god, i'm the god of destruction fear me....." according to your point. BUT my point is he BROKE beys doesn't matter if it was on purpose or not the point is he came outta nowhere. We don't know much about him in his past, he just break beys. Now you tell me that ain't somewhat familiar with evil Phi? 

Also didn't Phi showed his power by breaking Fafnir and Spriggan? So they are clearly similar.
(Nov. 26, 2019  4:19 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Nov. 26, 2019  3:39 PM)avery007 Wrote: ı think finall boss gwyn and b-157 genesis evolution As of now, Regalia Genesis' avatar is a sealed orb.
  • Genesis' sealed form is a reference to the Winged Dragon of Ra's sealed form in the first Yu-Gi-Oh! anime.

I don’t think they would give an evolution to Genesis after only three months, but idk maybe it’ll happen.

(Nov. 27, 2019  7:10 PM)Legend Red Eye Wrote:
(Nov. 26, 2019  7:28 PM)Requim Wrote: Arthur does not have to do with phi phi broke beys to show his power he'd already began calling himself a god of destruction and thats what gods of destruction do so he didn't come out of nowhere breaking beys Arthur Doesn't break beys on purpose drum and deltas beys were broken cause apocalypse was to strong 
bruh have you seen the episode? This aztec lookin guy came outta nowhere and interrupted that one battle I was hyped. He then just said "oh my god, i'm the god of destruction fear me....." according to your point. BUT my point is he BROKE beys doesn't matter if it was on purpose or not the point is he came outta nowhere. We don't know much about him in his past, he just break beys. Now you tell me that ain't somewhat familiar with evil Phi? 

Also didn't Phi showed his power by breaking Fafnir and Spriggan? So they are clearly similar.

Arthur's doing things different from Phi though. Like Arthur's not just going to break beys to prove himself the strongest or corrupt others as a feast to dominate himself. Arthur is legimiately trying to prove himself as a leader of beyblade who can turn nobodies and garner the strong to terminate weak bladers and create a system where only the strong survive. Phi's only doing this for his spite and jealous, while Arthur's got the charisma and the resources to pull it off.

And true, we may not know much about him yet, but we still got 17 episodes left to learn more about him. And I won't call him a bey breaker just yet. He had the opportunity to do it to Aiga but didn't, story wise, Dante has the push to become the Devil slayer he was always meant to be, and he's proven to Delta that unlike our tomato edgelord, he's aware of his weaknesses, but can turn them into his strength.

Actually, thinking about Rancher said the other day, maybe Arthur and Kyle are connected. You know, masked wielders with arrogance and strength and a lot of untold mysteries about them. But that's a story for another day.
(Nov. 27, 2019  11:18 PM)Strider Xanthos Wrote: Arthur's doing things different from Phi though. Like Arthur's not just going to break beys to prove himself the strongest or corrupt others as a feast to dominate himself. Arthur is legimiately trying to prove himself as a leader of beyblade who can turn nobodies and garner the strong to terminate weak bladers and create a system where only the strong survive. Phi's only doing this for his spite and jealous, while Arthur's got the charisma and the resources to pull it off.

And true, we may not know much about him yet, but we still got 17 episodes left to learn more about him. And I won't call him a bey breaker just yet. He had the opportunity to do it to Aiga but didn't, story wise, Dante has the push to become the Devil slayer he was always meant to be, and he's proven to Delta that unlike our tomato edgelord, he's aware of his weaknesses, but can turn them into his strength.

Actually, thinking about Rancher said the other day, maybe Arthur and Kyle are connected. You know, masked wielders with arrogance and strength and a lot of untold mysteries about them. But that's a story for another day.

Huh? You mean me? Because I swear I don't remember saying Arthur and Kyle were connected at all Gasp

But I agree that Arthur's reasons for destroying beys are different to Phi's.

Arthur wants to prove his leadership as the head of a new Beyblade organization, HELL. By destroying beys that oppose him and his crew, he strikes fear and tension to his members to set an example to them on how strong he is and how the members need to listen to him.

Phi was just petty and acting out because he didn't get what he wanted, kinda like if a spoiled child threw a tantrum.
(Nov. 27, 2019  11:30 PM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote:
(Nov. 27, 2019  11:18 PM)Strider Xanthos Wrote: Arthur's doing things different from Phi though. Like Arthur's not just going to break beys to prove himself the strongest or corrupt others as a feast to dominate himself. Arthur is legimiately trying to prove himself as a leader of beyblade who can turn nobodies and garner the strong to terminate weak bladers and create a system where only the strong survive. Phi's only doing this for his spite and jealous, while Arthur's got the charisma and the resources to pull it off.

Actually, thinking about Rancher said the other day, maybe Arthur and Kyle are connected. You know, masked wielders with arrogance and strength and a lot of untold mysteries about them. But that's a story for another day.

Huh? You mean me? Because I swear I don't remember saying Arthur and Kyle were connected at all Gasp

But I agree that Arthur's reasons for destroying beys are different to Phi's.

Arthur wants to prove his leadership as the head of a new Beyblade organization, HELL. By destroying beys that oppose him and his crew, he strikes fear and tension to his members to set an example to them on how strong he is and how the members need to listen to him.

Phi was just petty and acting out because he didn't get what he wanted, kinda like if a spoiled child threw a tantrum.

Well you didn't but more along the lines of using legacy/older characters a bit to show relationships and backstory/connections to the new generation.

Arthur kinda has more in line with BEGA than Phi when you put it that way. Phi wants to cause hell, Arthur WANTS TO LEAD IT.

Alright, let's have some fun, who wants to guess what Hell Tower's name is going to be changed to in the dub?