Beyblade Burst Re-thinking it’s Type Triangle+ New types!

So Beyblade has 4 main types. Stamina, attack, balance, defense. You guys probably know the triangle with the balance type in the middle. Me and my friend (I won’t mention a name in case he doesn’t want me to) we’re talking about this the other day and kind of friendly-ish arguing about how stationary attack and KO defense specifically on the Octa driver were basically the same. That led to us making a slideshow about levels of beys. The first level is the triangle everyone knows, the second level is what we like to call a Sub-Level. This is a level that expands on one of the main 4 types in the first Level. The Sub-Sub-Level, or Level 3 Level expands on Level 2. So on, so forth. I won’t be sharing me and my friends slideshow, but I will be creating one where anyone on the WBO should be able to access it. Keep in mind, if you do try to delete anything or mess anything up I do have a exact copy of the info that I can re-paste.
Link: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1...m-YfY/edit
This might possibly help? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atZ1q7eX1nk
(Nov. 05, 2021  10:21 AM)GreaterLonginus Wrote: This might possibly help? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atZ1q7eX1nk
I’ve actually already watched that, and to be honest I forgot what Wombat talked about so maybe if I rewatch it it’ll help. Thanks!
Is it just me or is there only 1 lvl?
If you take a look at the Plastics Competitive Combos List either on the forums or on PlasticsDB, you'll see we kind of have categories beneath types. Given how much variation plastics offers there's often crossover (in fact there are combos that sit under both Balance and Defense, and even one under both Attack and Stamina), but we do categorise stuff (and smash attack kind of has a sub category within it that I might spin off some time). There are even a couple of sub types that are distinctive enough to be considered sub types but don't reach the level required to be on that list (semi flat base stamina/general stamina and traditional upper attack). However, it's not easy to create a triangle as some, say, Defensive Zombies, will lose to Circle Survivor combos regularly, and some have a clean 100% winrate. Generally then, I use descriptions instead. It's a hard thing to do throughly unless you go to the extent of documenting how individual parts perform...

I would not suggest a publicly editable doc btw, that can be abused far too easily.
(Nov. 05, 2021  4:17 PM)The Blacknight Wrote: Is it just me or is there only 1 lvl?

On the slide there is only 1 level so far. And Im not exactly on Google Slides 24/7 adding stuff, so I’ll add stuff when I can or feel like it. That’s why anyone else can edit. So that everyone can add their own thoughts.

(Nov. 05, 2021  5:26 PM)th!nk Wrote: If you take a look at the Plastics Competitive Combos List either on the forums or on PlasticsDB, you'll see we kind of have categories beneath types. Given how much variation plastics offers there's often crossover (in fact there are combos that sit under both Balance and Defense, and even one under both Attack and Stamina), but we do categorise stuff (and smash attack kind of has a sub category within it that I might spin off some time). There are even a couple of sub types that are distinctive enough to be considered sub types but don't reach the level required to be on that list (semi flat base stamina/general stamina and traditional upper attack). However, it's not easy to create a triangle as some, say, Defensive Zombies, will lose to Circle Survivor combos regularly, and some have a clean 100% winrate. Generally then, I use descriptions instead. It's a hard thing to do throughly unless you go to the extent of documenting how individual parts perform...

I would not suggest a publicly editable doc btw, that can be abused far too easily.
Wow, plastics combos sound very interesting!
And yeah it can be abused, but I have a copy of it so I can re-paste and I’m hoping people won’t do that