Beyblade Burst (Manga)

But I am looking for a series that actually has everything needed and make people imagine what it would be like without the key buildup scenes.
Not much more interesting information, but I just translated the end of the latest chapter and Varuto really does lose the tournament, he comes in second after Shuu. So, not only did they just apparently go through each opponent like Wakya and co. do not matter at all, but he loses, Shuu tells him he has improved though, and that is it ... Varuto says that next time, he will be better and not be defeated.

It is not like these six chapters even served to establish the characters and make us like them. You could throw them in the garbage and start at chapter seven, for all I care. I do hope that the author of the manga does not stumble on this comment, but at the same time, surely this long and boring pace partly comes from TAKARA-TOMY's instructions too.

Damn, I should really take out my Bakuten Shoot Beyblade manga volume 1 to compare what sort of drama, build-up, character background information we had gotten up until chapter six. This negative view I have of the Beyblade Burst manga cannot just come from the fact that I am older now and that my tastes have probably evolved. Even Metal Fight Beyblade was more interesting by now.
(Dec. 18, 2015  6:12 AM)Kai-V Wrote: It is not like these six chapters even served to establish the characters and make us like them. You could throw them in the garbage and start at chapter seven, for all I care. I do hope that the author of the manga does not stumble on this comment, but at the same time, surely this long and boring pace partly comes from TAKARA-TOMY's instructions too.

Damn, I should really take out my Bakuten Shoot Beyblade manga volume 1 to compare what sort of drama, build-up, character background information we had gotten up until chapter six. This negative view I have of the Beyblade Burst manga cannot just come from the fact that I am older now and that my tastes have probably evolved. Even Metal Fight Beyblade was more interesting by now.

I wanna believe that because when MFBs run there was almost a new beyblade(s) released every chapter making it easier to take note and release it...or somewhat of it.

Though I'm not sure if looking back at Bakuten then reading back to burst because a lot more went in the first few chapters back then as opposed to the few that occured in burst.
Alright, here is the comparison of the major plot elements we had learned from the first six chapters of each Beyblade manga series :

(Keep in mind that I went by a two-day-old memory for the Bakuten Shoot Beyblade summary of the first six chapters and followed the Metal Fight Beyblade page by page while writing the summary, but there are surprisingly a lot of interesting plot elements. Burst was done with a several month-old memory because there is so little to remember ... Also, comparing Beyblade Burst with Metal Fight Beyblade was more relevant since it did follow the "one new Beyblade per month gets released so it has to be featured in the manga" formula.)

Bakuten Shoot Beyblade
- Takao was introduced with Kyoujyu as a main but technician kind of character;
- Takao is a great competitor but will do anything to save people or their Beyblades;
- Takao's family is established and has a major role, such as his brother Shippu no Jin;
- Takao's mother is seen as being dead;
- Takao receives an uppercut from his brother, but also receives his first real Dragoon Beyblade from him;
- Kai is introduced as being a main rival;
- Not only that, but Kai is part of an evil gang, the Shell Killers;
- Therefore, previous small villains are known as leading up to that instead of being unrelated;
- Shell Killers do evil and illegal actions like stealing and destroying Beyblades;
- Even Kai destroys Beyblades from his own team;
- Takao receives a big hand injury and has to find another way to launch without it;
- Max is introduced while saving a puppy;
- Only Frostic Dranzer and Ultimate Dragoon (?) are introduced, as well as a few interesting but never-released Beyblades.

Metal Fight Beyblade
- Ginga is an odd, laidback but just kid;
- A big bully with Beyblade trophies as a necklace disturbs some kids playing;
- This bully, Benkei, hurts several kids;
- Ginga jumps from the top of a very high pillar just to save his own Beyblade falling;
- He gives advice to Kenta, a kid who appeared to be the favoured one of the group of kids;
- Kyouya is introduced in a scary fashion, inside the big warehouse he inhabits with a gang of thugs;
- Kenta is kidnapped;
- Ginga fights in a nonchalant way and even smirks when a knocked out Beyblade cuts his cheek;
- Ginga defeats one hundred Beyblades at once;
- Kyouya and him battle on top of a huge building;
- There are some comical scenes;
- The metaphorical representations of the Beyblades are just normal animals;
- Kyouya and Ginga make peace;
- Daidouji appears in a helicopter and introduces the evil organisation Dark Nebula;
- The building they were battling on shatters;
- A mysterious figure that turns out to be a talking dog, Hokuto, helps them and explains what Dark Nebula is;
- There is a Beyblade so strong that it has been passed down for centuries and has been involved in historical events;
- The guy who owns this powerful Beyblade is introduced as the main enemy;
- He can play with the clouds and change the weather;
- Ginga, Hokuto and Kenta get ambushed by Busujima;
- Hokuto turns to be a Beyblader too;
- Busujima never really shows up afterwards, but served as an introduction for Ryuuga;
- Ryuuga creates a BeyStadium in the ground with just his Beyblade;
- We see one flashback with Ginga's father fighting a bear with bare hands;
- A volcano eruption happened and Ryuuga and Dark Nebula are involved with it, to get L Drago 105F;
- Pegasis 105F was previously the Beyblade that Ginga's father used;
- Ginga's father seemed to die in this incident, and this whole situation is made dramatic by the progressive fall of rocks on Ginga's father and the opposition of Ryuusei's calm and confident behaviour with Ginga's sad and shocked reaction;
- Ginga has reason to hate and batte Ryuuga;
- Ryuuga litterally has physical powers, apparently;
- Pegasis 105F gets destroyed;
- Ryuuga really teases and mocks Ginga about his loss and the death of his father;
- Ginga gets an old letter from his father;
- Ginga, Kyouya, Kenta and Hokuto meet a God of Bey that is a monkey, and they have a battle against another monkey;
- All characters give explanations as to why Beybattles went this or that way;
- Ginga tries to win with the prototype of his father's Beyblade, seriously angry at himself when he does not meet his remembered father's expectations;
- God of Bey Mawashi also knows about the legend of L Drago;
- Ginga has to go through climbing a big mountain, through cold and heat;
- He bleeds and injures himself a lot after falling;
- He passes out from the cold as he tries to launch, dramatically drawn, especially as he is in the crater at the very top of the mountain and that his friends are not with him;
- Pegasis (prototype) transforms into Storm Pegasis from being launched in the crater;
- All Beyblades from BB-01 to BB-24 and even BB-28 are featured, except from Reshuffle Sets and Random Boosters.

Beyblade Burst
- Varuto is an elementary school kid;
- So is the Ragnaruk owner and basically everybody else;
- They fight in a tournament;
- Opponents come and go but get beaten, with only Kaiser's threat still looming;
- Varuto goes through some training with Shuu but otherwise has no real relationship with him;
- Varuto loses but vows to of course do better next time;
- Varuto's family is inconsequential, but there is no word about his father;
- All Beyblades from B-01 to B-23 have been featured except the Custom Sets ones and the Random Booster prizes.

Yo what.

So, when people are excited, in the other thread, that the anime appears to follow exactly the manga, this is actually super bad news ... There is no reason to celebrate at all. I cannot believe TAKARA-TOMY is willing to pay so much to have a manga featured in CoroCoro and of course paying a mangaka for a story that is so boring in comparison to every other Beyblade story.
I really don't mind it. It's not THAT bad. Sure the plot is slow right now, but I'm sure it'll get better. I'm also thinking Takara Tomy did this on purpose because the anime is still in production, so the manga has to go slow.
There is litterally nothing happening that matters, in the Beyblade Burst manga. From what I remember, Shuu was not even cold to Varuto, so a frienship between them was just inevitable anyway.

And Varuto likes bread. Big damn deal.
I dunno, the changes in the mfb manga to anime were fine, don't get me started on Baku (as much as I love V-force, there were somethings in the anime I prefer over the manga. I.E Zeos origins)

Then again, I've pretty much showed a little angst toward this manga (noted in my pro-mfb post in the anime and manga thread)

So here hopefully in the future, it does like MFB anime and makes some changes to the anime formation where's it's needed as seriously if it were an anime. it'd be boring.
Exactly, what we have seen so far in the manga would make such a boring anime with super low ratings again. And no, TAKARA-TOMY is not doing it on purpose because the anime will be progressing a lot faster once it starts in April and the manga will fall very far behind very quickly even if its pace picks up. Now is the time when it was supposed to take the lead, in order to avoid being caught up on by the anime. That is what happens with every anime based on a manga where the anime has to show filters and invented side quests that nobody likes, so it would be stupid to put the manga at the disadvantage; it would never be able to compensate.
The manga is pretty repetitive and boring, it was cool the first two or three episodes, now it's making blank pages look more interesting.
I'm pretty positive that there will be some extreme changes so it actually has THINGS HAPPENING. Since really they have the character designs and have everything for them to do. They simply lack...interest...and keeping the story afloat...Err, the threads of it.

I guess the perfect example is to look at the mfb anime as opposed to manga where there are characters specifically in the anime format (Easy example is Kumasuke) where they are there just to boost the characters abilities as well as to boost up the threat for said bad guys..Which is lacking here. As opposed to V-Force where there are a lot of stand in characters for an episode then there gone. (According to the wikia Foxy is a former world champ, odd considering he is the only Zagart henchmen besides Gordo who appeared in less then 3 episodes) Changes and effects like that are never necessary for the sake of filling up the series run time, uncalled for but....granted things did happen and built up the characters to be stronger so...Yeah....

though I feel that this will go down the V-Force route. (Specifically between Episodes 6 -10 and 28 - 37) Since the manga run was short and the anime had to follow that 51 episode run sadly, you could say MFB did it for the throw away characters who also had origins (My favorite being dan and raki) however SOMETHING happened and while filler it was still present for a characters abilities.

Excuse me for being deep and critical, I usually do this in the anime and man...ga....subforum....
Well whilst I found some humour in this rather amusing and I do like that school schedules were taken to account (unlike MFB), I do agree this manga is quite lazy with it's writing and development. The character developments are always quickly looked over, there is barely a hint for the plot and it usually seems to be "An strong opponent comes to battle but Varuto uses his spirit to burst his opponents"... it at least seems that way to me (although I am aware Shuu beats Varuto).
I wish I was writing this manga so badly.

Thanks for the in-depth analysis, Kai-V!
@[Bey Brad] - You do? Well, if you did then what ideas would you have written in for the Beyblade Burst manga.
Haha, I would write it entirely from scratch rather than suggest ideas on how it could be better. :') It would take me quite a bit of work before I would have something presentable. But I would prefer to focus on more human characters and their personal growth as Bladers.
I'm sure the plot will pick up by the time the anime starts. I bet the anime will be better than the manga anyhow. I like the anime versions of Beyblade anyways. The Zeo plot in the Bakuten Shoot manga was good though compared to the anime. When I said that Takara Tomy has the manga plot of Burst going slow, I mean like... the anime is going to have all the plot development more than the manga, so when the anime starts, the the manga's plot will start to pick up.
DranzerX13, do you have the new chapter of Beyblade Burst ?
Could someone please direct me to where I can read these Mangas? If like to read them all.

Not just burst, but all the previous ones too
valto is tyson as a noob

shu is kai the mentor

ragunruk is max

kerbues is ray

who is kenny
Yo do not even compare Kai to Shuu hahahah.

Also the fact that neither you nor I can remember Ragnaruk's and Kerbeus' owners' names is not a good sign.
Honestly, Kensuke is a pretty cool character in it's idea, I like his weird puppets.

You really seem to dislike the manga don't you Kai-V?
I dislike that it is not living up to any standard ever except visually : it does look great. You know when you care so much about something and someone is ruining the efforts to make it awesome and not only catch other fans' interest but also maintain it in the long run ?
Right, and none of us are expecting the world here – it's Beyblade. But it's bizarre for it to just not have any kind of plot or character development whatsoever.
(Dec. 21, 2015  5:18 PM)Kai-V Wrote: I dislike that it is not living up to any standard ever except visually : it does look great. You know when you care so much about something and someone is ruining the efforts to make it awesome and not only catch other fans' interest but also maintain it in the long run ?

I guess so, but it won't be too long till the anime comes up and hopefully that'll be much better, unless it's very faithful to the manga.

Would Burst bomb if people don't like the manga?
The manga's popularity does not matter that much, but the anime is always heavily inspired by it, just like the sketch boards OLM has released show us, and that can tank very quickly. If the anime fails, it would likely not be renewed for a second season.