Beyblade Burst (Manga)

Well, as Brad mentioned, I cannot imagine there never being a big stadium to accompany the introduction of a big villain or whatever eventually, but yes, so far tournaments are done in stadiums of the same size as ours.
(Jun. 16, 2015  2:16 PM)Kai-V Wrote: The full name of the protagonist is Aoi Balt (with Balt still having the possibility of being romanized Bart, Burt, Bult, Valt, Vart, Vurt, Vult, etc.), Aoi being his family name. And to think that I litterally just realised and posted about Bakuten Shoot Beyblade main characters having their associated colour part of their name hah ... http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Random-B...pid1266464

Also something that nobody mentioned so I think we all scanned the picture in the first post and did not notice that the stadiums are life-sized, they are not huge craters like in previous Beyblade series, at least not in this preview.

What I'm thinking is probably wrong, but is there any similarity between Aoi and Aoki (aside from Aoi being similar to Takao), or is it just something I'd mistake because of the way the names are romanized? If so it might be a small nod to the original series.

The stadiums were also life-sized at the beginning of Bakuten Shoot as well, at least for like the first 3 episodes.

Something else I was thinking of: while the protagonist's name could be romanized as Valt/Vart/Vult/Vurt, isn't it also possible that the V on his jacket could stand for Valkyrie? Or is there something I didn't pick up on that makes it out of the question?
(Jun. 16, 2015  3:17 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Well, as Brad mentioned, I cannot imagine there never being a big stadium to accompany the introduction of a big villain or whatever eventually, but yes, so far tournaments are done in stadiums of the same size as ours.

Huh. Reminds me of the first few eps of Beyblade 2000.
(Jun. 16, 2015  8:43 PM)Neo Wrote:
(Jun. 16, 2015  3:17 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Well, as Brad mentioned, I cannot imagine there never being a big stadium to accompany the introduction of a big villain or whatever eventually, but yes, so far tournaments are done in stadiums of the same size as ours.

Huh. Reminds me of the first few eps of Beyblade 2000.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. The first few showed really more realistic battles (not like how he ran and launched and whatnot, but how small the stadiums were and showed Beyblade off as a kids game).
(Jun. 15, 2015  7:18 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Oh. Lucky for me, I saved it:

Totally forgot about this. He looked a little evil in that second last frame, but yeah way cooler ...
Apparently there is no official romanization so far for the main character's name, but it is confirmed to begin with a V, so let us call him Valt for now ?
(Jun. 18, 2015  10:12 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Apparently there is no official romanization so far for the main character's name, but it is confirmed to begin with a V, so let us call him Valt for now ?

Once we hear someone say his name it should at least become a little clearer as to whether it's "Valt" or "Varuto." That う sound can be pretty tricky sometimes.
My CoroCoro hasn't shipped yet because still have V-Jump on pre-order. That doesn't come out till tomorrow in Japan. Both will ship tomorrow and arrive on Tuesday. After shipping for both items, I'm paying around $21. Amazon Japan for overseas customers only does express shipping.

I'm currently scanning Future Card Buddyfight, now the newly added Beyblade Burst. I also will be scanning Dragon Quest: Souten no Soura from V-Jump.
(Jun. 18, 2015  10:17 PM)Wizard Wrote: Once we hear someone say his name it should at least become a little clearer as to whether it's "Valt" or "Varuto." That う sound can be pretty tricky sometimes.

There's no way his name is "Varuto". It's not a native Japanese name or world, so singling out every syllable doesn't make any sense. That's like saying Light Yagami's name from Death Note is "Raito", or Max's name from our own Beyblade series is "Makkusu".
(Jun. 21, 2015  4:11 PM)Psykick B Wrote:
(Jun. 18, 2015  10:17 PM)Wizard Wrote: Once we hear someone say his name it should at least become a little clearer as to whether it's "Valt" or "Varuto." That う sound can be pretty tricky sometimes.

There's no way his name is "Varuto". It's not a native Japanese name or world, so singling out every syllable doesn't make any sense. That's like saying Light Yagami's name from Death Note is "Raito", or Max's name from our own Beyblade series is "Makkusu".

Dude, his name could literally be anything right now. We don't know.
I just asked Hiro Morita the official English spelling of Varuto's name.

His twitter is here:
https://twitter.com/Hiromorita_
(Jun. 21, 2015  9:51 PM)DranzerX13 Wrote: I just asked Hiro Morita the official English spelling of Varuto's name.

His twitter is here:
https://twitter.com/Hiromorita_

Lol, hopefully he'll answer. Did you ask in English or Japanese?
I already asked him ... His answer basically meant that there is no prefered romanization at the moment.
I would hope he picks one soon, we're picking up the manga next month Tongue_out
I will be getting my CoroCoro/V-Jump in the mail tomorrow. After I get off work tomorrow, Beyblade is my first Priority.

Tuesday - Beyblade
Wednesday - Buddyfight
Thursday - Dragon Quest
(Jun. 23, 2015  3:42 AM)DranzerX13 Wrote: I will be getting my CoroCoro/V-Jump in the mail tomorrow. After I get off work tomorrow, Beyblade is my first Priority.

Tuesday - Beyblade
Wednesday - Buddyfight
Thursday - Dragon Quest

Sweet. I'll be sure to keep an eye out.
(Jun. 21, 2015  4:34 PM)Wizard Wrote: Dude, his name could literally be anything right now. We don't know.

Is this your way of saying you're going to push for "Varuto" despite it not making sense?

Anyway, Mr. Morita responded to a tweet of mine the other day as well; I hope the pressures of international eyes on him don't wreck his nerves. He seems very excited to do Burst and that's good.
(Jun. 23, 2015  8:38 AM)Psykick B Wrote: Is this your way of saying you're going to push for "Varuto" despite it not making sense?

No, its my way of saying that his name could literally be any of the options right now.
I typed in バルト in google and it came up with this:
https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%83%90%...B%E3%83%88

Also, my CoroCoro and V-Jump issue will be in tomorrow.
(Jun. 23, 2015  2:59 PM)DranzerX13 Wrote: I typed in バルト in google and it came up with this:
https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%83%90%...B%E3%83%88

Also, my CoroCoro and V-Jump issue will be in tomorrow.

But we know it starts with a V ...
I really hope it isn't Vart.
Yes! My CoroCoro and V-Jump is here. Should have Beyblade Burst chapter 1 scanned by tomorrow.
OMG! I'm so excited! I hope to read it soon! Thanks a lot!!!
(Jun. 23, 2015  9:12 PM)DranzerX13 Wrote: Yes! My CoroCoro and V-Jump is here. Should have Beyblade Burst chapter 1 scanned by tomorrow.

Cool stuff man. Thanks.
(Jun. 23, 2015  9:12 PM)DranzerX13 Wrote: Yes! My CoroCoro and V-Jump is here. Should have Beyblade Burst chapter 1 scanned by tomorrow.

It's out already? I thought this month was just the preview posted in the OP (BTW can we get some scans of that?)