Beyblade Burst (Manga)

(Jun. 14, 2015  3:34 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: There was no chance that the main character of this was going to be female. Sorry. I agree it sucks, but it was unreasonable to expect otherwise in the first place.

I don't think it looks that bad. The character designs are not great, but the art is pretty nice in general.

Oh @[Bey Brad] I never expected it to be female at all but we can all dream right? I hope it isn't a massive [censored.] where there are no important female characters like the B-Daman franchise because to quote you on what you said back in 2009 on this (http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-METAL-FI...#pid113823) thread:

You wrote: "seriously why is this show basically allergic to having a female blader? are japanese kids that sexist?" And you know what, that's my reaction too.
Are those guys Masamune and Dan/Reiki....loking like them.....Whats's their name???
(Jun. 14, 2015  5:43 AM)PrashnikDas Wrote: Are those guys Masamune and Dan/Reiki....loking like them.....Whats's their name???

(Jun. 14, 2015  2:32 AM)Kai-V Wrote: The main protagonist's name is Bart or Balt, whatever they will choose as the romanization (he owns Valkyrie Wing Accele), and Spriggan Spread Fusion's owner is called Shuu.

The new author of Beyblade (mangaka) is Hiro Morita. He has seemingly only worked on a series called Kiriwo Terrible in the past ...

Unfortunately, personally, while I am optimistic about Beyblade Burst as a toyline, that character and even perhaps the art style do not interest me this time around ...
Well, to me it's interesting to say the least. Characters looks a bit dull to me, but then again, who am I to judge a series off of one page. I hope the story is decent and the U.S. name changes aren't to drastic (if his name is Bart expect lots of bad Simpsons references from me in the future)
(Jun. 14, 2015  2:32 AM)Kai-V Wrote: The new author of Beyblade (mangaka) is Hiro Morita. He has seemingly only worked on a series called Kiriwo Terrible in the past ...

I actually read a little bit of Kiriwo Terrible, it was pretty good. The art was great as well, but it got canned after two volumes. I'm a little excited now to see how he does Smile

Edit: Finally, I'm not on my phone so I can add onto this a bit!

(Jun. 14, 2015  2:52 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Oh, and I just saw the V on his coat : his name could also be romanized as Valt, Vart, Vurt, Vult, etc.

My guess is that it would be one of the names starting with a V. Bart/Balt just don't sound right for protagonist names. For those of you who don't see how a B could become a V, there is no V sound in Japanese so it is usually substituted with B since it's close enough.

(Jun. 14, 2015  2:32 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Unfortunately, personally, while I am optimistic about Beyblade Burst as a toyline, that character and even perhaps the art style do not interest me this time around ...

(Jun. 14, 2015  3:34 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: I don't think it looks that bad. The character designs are not great, but the art is pretty nice in general.

I feel like it's a trend though. Look at past Beyblade character designs and compare them with designs of characters from other children's manga, especially ones that ran in Coro Coro, during the same time period. Just like how there are character design trends in other manga, I feel that there are in children's manga as well. Ever notice that a lot of late 80's/early 90's shonen characters look like the protagonist of Fist of the North Star? They just go for whatever is "in style" at the time I guess.

That being said, I don't think the character designs are great but they're not bad. I definitely thing the main character looks better than Ginga did (That headband and large hair got annoying after a while).

Check out some pages from Kiriwo Terrible some time though, I think this guy's pretty good. He draws pretty nice females and his art feels fluid to me.

I'm hoping this will mean nicer art for the anime and less ridiculous character designs. Looking back at some of the art from MFB, there was some pretty lame looking characters in there. Nelvana/Hasbro's art only made things worse, especially whenever Ryuuga was used on packaging.

Edit 2: @[Kai-V] @[Bey Brad]

[Image: ChI78Z8.png]
I've changed a lot in 7 years, you know!
(Jun. 14, 2015  3:58 AM)MissKarat Wrote:
(Jun. 14, 2015  3:34 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: There was no chance that the main character of this was going to be female. Sorry. I agree it sucks, but it was unreasonable to expect otherwise in the first place.

I don't think it looks that bad. The character designs are not great, but the art is pretty nice in general.

Oh @[Bey Brad] I never expected it to be female at all but we can all dream right? I hope it isn't a massive sausage fest where there are no important female characters like the B-Daman franchise because to quote you on what you said back in 2009 on this (http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-METAL-FI...#pid113823) thread:

You wrote: "seriously why is this show basically allergic to having a female blader? are japanese kids that sexist?" And you know what, that's my reaction too.

Well, Beyblade technically IS a shonen, so doing what they can to market Beyblade Burst toward 10-year-old boys makes perfect sense. As for the female characters, I wouldn't have a problem with a tsundere, just so long as she is actually a decent person and not a whiny little stinker like Hillary, and can actually hold her own in more than half a beybattle.
(Jun. 15, 2015  1:39 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: I've changed a lot in 7 years, you know!

Holy what. Wow, you just made me realize: The children who were born back when Metal Fight Beyblade launched are the target audience of Beyblade Burst... Has it really been that long?
Beyblade is back! I'd say designs look great. The art style looks nice. I hope this manga has funny moments like from what I remember from the Metal Saga Manga escalation. Shuu looks pretty epic.

Bart/Bult/Valt/Vult/ Or whatever else they could romanise his name as, looks cool.
Of course some of the fans of the original are going to hate this, but people can choose what to like.
(Jun. 15, 2015  2:50 AM)S8 Wrote:
(Jun. 14, 2015  3:58 AM)MissKarat Wrote:

Oh @[Bey Brad] I never expected it to be female at all but we can all dream right? I hope it isn't a massive sausage fest where there are no important female characters like the B-Daman franchise because to quote you on what you said back in 2009 on this (http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-METAL-FI...#pid113823) thread:

Well, Beyblade technically IS a shonen, so doing what they can to market Beyblade Burst toward 10-year-old boys makes perfect sense. As for the female characters, I wouldn't have a problem with a tsundere, just so long as she is actually a decent person and not a whiny little stinker like Hillary, and can actually hold her own in more than half a beybattle.

I know very well this is a shonen anime.

But I agree I hope we ddon't have another Hilary character because she was completely useless.
(Jun. 14, 2015  12:07 PM)Wizard Wrote:
(Jun. 14, 2015  2:32 AM)Kai-V Wrote: The new author of Beyblade (mangaka) is Hiro Morita. He has seemingly only worked on a series called Kiriwo Terrible in the past ...

I actually read a little bit of Kiriwo Terrible, it was pretty good. The art was great as well, but it got canned after two volumes. I'm a little excited now to see how he does Smile

Edit: Finally, I'm not on my phone so I can add onto this a bit!

(Jun. 14, 2015  2:52 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Oh, and I just saw the V on his coat : his name could also be romanized as Valt, Vart, Vurt, Vult, etc.

My guess is that it would be one of the names starting with a V. Bart/Balt just don't sound right for protagonist names. For those of you who don't see how a B could become a V, there is no V sound in Japanese so it is usually substituted with B since it's close enough.

(Jun. 14, 2015  2:32 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Unfortunately, personally, while I am optimistic about Beyblade Burst as a toyline, that character and even perhaps the art style do not interest me this time around ...

(Jun. 14, 2015  3:34 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: I don't think it looks that bad. The character designs are not great, but the art is pretty nice in general.

I feel like it's a trend though. Look at past Beyblade character designs and compare them with designs of characters from other children's manga, especially ones that ran in Coro Coro, during the same time period. Just like how there are character design trends in other manga, I feel that there are in children's manga as well. Ever notice that a lot of late 80's/early 90's shonen characters look like the protagonist of Fist of the North Star? They just go for whatever is "in style" at the time I guess.

That being said, I don't think the character designs are great but they're not bad. I definitely thing the main character looks better than Ginga did (That headband and large hair got annoying after a while).

Check out some pages from Kiriwo Terrible some time though, I think this guy's pretty good. He draws pretty nice females and his art feels fluid to me.

I'm hoping this will mean nicer art for the anime and less ridiculous character designs. Looking back at some of the art from MFB, there was some pretty lame looking characters in there. Nelvana/Hasbro's art only made things worse, especially whenever Ryuuga was used on packaging.

Edit 2: @[Kai-V] @[Bey Brad]

[Image: ChI78Z8.png]

I agree. There were some pretty lame looking characters and the art style in MFB never really stuck out as they looked generic for the most part. There's just something about the original series that looked more memorable than MFB.

As for this art style, it's not bad I guess.
Whatever the art style of the anime is, I just hope it looks like anything but CFB because did I forget to mention how much I don't like the art style in CFB?
I'll stay positive.
The character didn't need to be a girl, it's whatever. Who knows. There might be a female Beyblader that actually does something. Don't jinx it now.

As for the names and designs? I like Balt/Valt or whatever his name is. Seems almost casually strong, probably likes to Beyblade. Who knows? Im going to guess this could play out like 2000, with Shun being the Kai type that would teach Balt he isn't that strong.

Designs are strong, though, and I think this will be promising.

Also, noticed the first pic has Dragoon in it. I'm guessing they're showing the old protagonists Blades? Pretty cool nod there!

(Jun. 14, 2015  3:57 AM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: The art style is okay, it's a little like the MFB art style which is meh, but it reminds of Megaman NT Warriors which is kinda cool.

As much as I love Rockman EXE, I hope this anime's animation isn't as bad as that was.

(Jun. 15, 2015  5:47 AM)Wizard Wrote:
(Jun. 15, 2015  1:39 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: I've changed a lot in 7 years, you know!

Holy what. Wow, you just made me realize: The children who were born back when Metal Fight Beyblade launched are the target audience of Beyblade Burst... Has it really been that long?

That's interesting. It's almost been Five YEARS since Metal Fusion. A simpler time..
The design of Rockman exe was what I mean, I don't remember the animation of it, but it seemed as bad as the era of kids anime animation was, such as Battle B-Daman, Beyblade, medabots, Pokemon and even Bakugan's earlier season.

I hope there isn't a god awful tsundere character like Hiromi, I'm not saying all female tsunderes suck, but 99% of them do, they really piss me off. I think one of the rare few who did it well is Anna from Shaman King, she had a reason of doing it and it was helpful, most others seem to do it just to assert dominance from the main character, or just for ahem "comedic effects", especially that GOD AWFUL MECHANIMALS! (I'm sorry, I'm still on that!)

He, it takes me back to when I read comments from 2008-2011 of WBO, it was quite a... different place I must say.

I'm totally rooting for Shuu and Spriggans, he looks great!
Hopefully there will at least be a female Blader in the main crew this time around.
(Jun. 15, 2015  2:33 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Hopefully there will at least be a female Blader in the main crew this time around.

I hope so too. The only Beyblade series that has had a female protagonist blader was Ren and I never really liked her so I hope we get something better as Ren was so weak.
I actually don't think the art looks that bad. I think Bart/Bult could do without the hair thing, but ya know. It's not like Ginga's character design was that great either.

As for the author, his art in kiriwo terrible was really good I'd say.
Is this a preview or has the serialization started? If so what issue of coro coro is this? I was hoping to pick up the debut issue.

:edit

Nevermind, the run starts in the August issue of coro coro.
Looks like a preview.

Speaking of which, does anyone remember Ginga's old character design before it was changed for the first chapter?

[Image: 7021892448a8771632264ml.jpg]

I can't find any scans of the actual preview, but I remember him having a badass cape. Also, the mood of it felt a lot more serious than the manga turned out to be.
I know what you're talking about. IMO the original design and world looked way cooler than what we got.
(Jun. 15, 2015  7:18 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Oh. Lucky for me, I saved it:
Next month:

[Image: wAj2xFl.jpg]
The full name of the protagonist is Aoi Balt (with Balt still having the possibility of being romanized Bart, Burt, Bult, Valt, Vart, Vurt, Vult, etc.), Aoi being his family name. And to think that I litterally just realised and posted about Bakuten Shoot Beyblade main characters having their associated colour part of their name hah ... http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Random-B...pid1266464

Also something that nobody mentioned so I think we all scanned the picture in the first post and did not notice that the stadiums are life-sized, they are not huge craters like in previous Beyblade series, at least not in this preview.
I'm sure the stadiums will become bigger as time goes on ...
The stadiums are going to be life-sized? I'm not gonna lie, I actually think that sounds kinda cool.