Beyblade Burst GT (Gachi)

(May. 01, 2019  7:17 PM)Avery Purple999 Wrote:
(Feb. 12, 2019  10:15 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: Phi didn’t destroy Shu yet

Yeah he did! The vid got posted on youtube by the official beyblade youtube channel. -Avery

Can you please stop replying to 2 months old posts? This is rare for me to say but you really are becoming annoying.
It only took 4 years, but Takara TOMY finally gave us customizable layers.
(May. 11, 2019  6:36 PM)Dracieleone Wrote: It only took 4 years, but Takara TOMY finally gave us customizable layers.

They didn't want to overcomplicate things right off the bat, so I'm okay with the wait.
(May. 01, 2019  7:17 PM)Avery Purple999 Wrote:
(Feb. 12, 2019  10:15 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: Phi didn’t destroy Shu yet

Yeah he did! The vid got posted on youtube by the official beyblade youtube channel. -Avery
That post was made 3 months ago, before the video you are referring to existed
(May. 11, 2019  6:43 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
(May. 11, 2019  6:36 PM)Dracieleone Wrote: It only took 4 years, but Takara TOMY finally gave us customizable layers.

They didn't want to overcomplicate things right off the bat, so I'm okay with the wait.

You say this, but they gave us the HWS for Metal Fight about a year after the initial release, and Bit Chips were a thing from the get-go in the plastic gen.
(May. 12, 2019  5:57 PM)Dracieleone Wrote:
(May. 11, 2019  6:43 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: They didn't want to overcomplicate things right off the bat, so I'm okay with the wait.

You say this, but they gave us the HWS for Metal Fight about a year after the initial release, and Bit Chips were a thing from the get-go in the plastic gen.

Putting a small piece of plastic on a metal wheel is hardly a jump in complexity, and bit chips aren't complicated either. Like, you're proving his point more than you're countering it here.
(May. 12, 2019  7:22 PM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(May. 12, 2019  5:57 PM)Dracieleone Wrote: You say this, but they gave us the HWS for Metal Fight about a year after the initial release, and Bit Chips were a thing from the get-go in the plastic gen.

Putting a small piece of plastic on a metal wheel is hardly a jump in complexity, and bit chips aren't complicated either. Like, you're proving his point more than you're countering it here.

Sure, while clear wheels hardly seemed different from one other (save for a few), it was indeed intended for altering performance and customizing it, as some were different sizes, shapes, weight and it's distribution. So the complexity is there in theory, it's just that Gachi has executed this better than the HWS system.

But I do agree with Bit Chips, which were the same almost all the time, and switching them was honestly pointless besides cosmetic differences.
(May. 12, 2019  7:30 PM)Jinbee Wrote:
(May. 12, 2019  7:22 PM)MagikHorse Wrote: Putting a small piece of plastic on a metal wheel is hardly a jump in complexity, and bit chips aren't complicated either. Like, you're proving his point more than you're countering it here.

Sure, while clear wheels hardly seemed different from one other (save for a few), it was indeed intended for altering performance and customizing it, as some were different sizes, shapes, weight and it's distribution. So the complexity is there in theory, it's just that Gachi has executed this better than the HWS system.

That wasn't quite the point I was getting at. Although both are meant to affect performance, the Burst GT line makes you change your assembly method and adds in extra difficulty through that as you put a metal weight on your base, then stick a chip on top of that, and then moving a finger underneath it to click in a pair of tabs before you can return to the regular assembly method. That's a lot more extra work than just sticking a small piece of plastic on top of your wheel, which is a pretty darned simple change in comparison.

The bit chips earlier on in the plastic gen were actually more complicated than the later ones too. I've got some of those small bit chips that need a clear bit chip protector over top of them to stay put. Takara quickly learned that they kept falling off, so they simplified things so that they'd stay put better and tossed out the whole bit protector idea entirely. It's the one part in the long history of Beyblades that they've actually simplified over time, and they were far better off for it.
(May. 12, 2019  7:42 PM)MagikHorse Wrote:

From what I understand, the original post from Dracieleone sparking this discussion was indeed about the customisation complexity and not about how complicated the assembly was. It also seemed like it was about the amount of parts too.
(May. 12, 2019  7:51 PM)Jinbee Wrote: From what I understand, the original post from Dracieleone sparking this discussion was indeed about the customisation complexity and not about how complicated the assembly was. It also seemed like it was about the amount of parts too.

That's not the vibe I got nor even what I'd call the starting point, but it's not worth arguing over.
(May. 12, 2019  5:57 PM)Dracieleone Wrote:
(May. 11, 2019  6:43 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: They didn't want to overcomplicate things right off the bat, so I'm okay with the wait.

You say this, but you don't realize that those generations didn't have to worry about Burst Resistance as an extra factor in battle. If the beginning of Burst was so complex, everyone would be overwhelmed.
(May. 12, 2019  7:51 PM)Jinbee Wrote:
(May. 12, 2019  7:42 PM)MagikHorse Wrote:

From what I understand, the original post from Dracieleone sparking this discussion was indeed about the customisation complexity and not about how complicated the assembly was. It also seemed like it was about the amount of parts too.

Actually, it was more about personalization.  Up until now, you couldn't have, for example, a Valkyrie bey without it being glued to attack or balance type combos, but with the Gatinko System, you can have a Valkyrie be a defense type or stamina type, as well.
(May. 14, 2019  7:41 AM)Dracieleone Wrote:
(May. 12, 2019  7:51 PM)Jinbee Wrote: From what I understand, the original post from Dracieleone sparking this discussion was indeed about the customisation complexity and not about how complicated the assembly was. It also seemed like it was about the amount of parts too.

Actually, it was more about personalization.  Up until now, you couldn't have, for example, a Valkyrie bey without it being glued to attack or balance type combos, but with the Gatinko System, you can have a Valkyrie be a defense type or stamina type, as well.

Fair point. Still closer to my point the the complexity of assembly.
I wonder what Hasbro is going to do to gt beys
(May. 14, 2019  5:25 PM)Zyndicater Wrote: I wonder what Hasbro is going to do to gt beys

Maybe plastic weight Unhappy
(May. 15, 2019  4:15 AM)CrazyAries Wrote:
(May. 14, 2019  5:25 PM)Zyndicater Wrote: I wonder what Hasbro is going to do to gt beys

if it is plastic weights and another stupid gimmick that ruins the drivers if not done correctly then I give up
 on hasbro beys for life
(May. 15, 2019  4:19 AM)HakaishinLDrago Wrote:
(May. 15, 2019  4:15 AM)CrazyAries Wrote: Maybe plastic weight Unhappy

if it is plastic weights and another stupid gimmick that ruins the drivers if not done correctly then I give up
 on hasbro beys for life

I wonder how Hasbro will do the slopes

Better yet, the layers get fused into one and hollowed out a little.
Hasbro Should read this. So that they would realise nobody got great Expectations for them
Hasbro GT will be weaker than single layer I guess
Even Metal Fury Gave Non 4D wheels but then Spark FX and Legends had 4D wheelz

Maybe plastic weight 
Or theywill make it to where you can't take it apart
(May. 15, 2019  1:48 PM)Zyndicater Wrote:
(May. 15, 2019  4:15 AM)CrazyAries Wrote: Maybe plastic weight 
Or theywill make it to where you can't take it apart

Except that the anime shows it taken apart, so I don't think they'll go that far off the deep end.
(May. 15, 2019  3:58 PM)BeyCrafter Wrote:
(May. 15, 2019  1:48 PM)Zyndicater Wrote: Or theywill make it to where you can't take it apart

Except that the anime shows it taken apart, so I don't think they'll go that far off the deep end.

That didn't stop them back in Metal Fury.
(May. 15, 2019  1:48 PM)Zyndicater Wrote: Or theywill make it to where you can't take it apart

Burst Evolution shows Ultimate Reboot but low and behold no Ultimate Reboot Driver that came with Noctemis

Who knows they ruined turbo because in the anime it showed them adding metal to the beyblades