Beyblade Burst GT Format Voting (BGT)

Poll: Do you think Burst GBT Format should be official? (To become official it’ll take time)

Yes, I do think it should become official
80.49%
No, I don’t think it should become official
19.51%
Total: 100% 41 vote(s)
(Oct. 26, 2021  10:34 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: I know I said I wouldn’t spam, but can someone try this out please? Anyone? Or at least consider it.

Didn't LegendJustice say that he was considering it?
Finally, a way for my $80 worth of beys to not be wasted.
(Oct. 27, 2021  7:57 AM)(Blank) Wrote: Finally, a way for my $80 worth of beys to not be wasted.
But sadly my Lord has worn down. 
So remaining competitives I have are Imperial, and, and...
My memory has failed me. How come I can't remember anything else? 
Oh, it's because I don't have anything else. 
Why oh why did I buy a Bushin Ashura and not a Zwei!?
(Oct. 27, 2021  8:10 AM)GreaterLonginus Wrote:
(Oct. 27, 2021  7:57 AM)(Blank) Wrote: Finally, a way for my $80 worth of beys to not be wasted.
But sadly my Lord has worn down. 
Me who got it in a rb... well Bushin Valkyrie 0 Unite', no good parts what so ever. My competitive combo for this format would be:
Master Diabolos 7 Unite' (I will never give up this combo)
Lord Spriggan 00 Drift
Naked Diabolos Blitz Xtend+ Goku
Alternate combos:
Master Diabolos Sting Xtend+
Union Achilles 0 Jolt Goku
Master Diabolos 00 Atomic
Slash Achilles Blitz Hold' Goku
(Oct. 27, 2021  7:52 AM)GreaterLonginus Wrote:
(Oct. 26, 2021  10:34 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: I know I said I wouldn’t spam, but can someone try this out please? Anyone? Or at least consider it.

Didn't LegendJustice say that he was considering it?
I don’t think so. But if he did, then great! I was just asking everyone in general

(Oct. 27, 2021  8:40 AM)(Blank) Wrote:
(Oct. 27, 2021  8:10 AM)GreaterLonginus Wrote: But sadly my Lord has worn down. 
Me who got it in a rb... well Bushin Valkyrie 0 Unite', no good parts what so ever. My competitive combo for this format would be:
Lord Spriggan 00 Drift
Alternate combos:
Nice combos! They’re very unique and not what you’d expect to see. That’s what I like to see in combos, having different combinations and a different blading style is what sets you apart from other bladers.
(Oct. 27, 2021  3:24 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Oct. 27, 2021  7:52 AM)GreaterLonginus Wrote: Didn't LegendJustice say that he was considering it?
I don’t think so. But if he did, then great! I was just asking everyone in general

(Oct. 27, 2021  8:40 AM)(Blank) Wrote: Me who got it in a rb... well Bushin Valkyrie 0 Unite', no good parts what so ever. My competitive combo for this format would be:
Lord Spriggan 00 Drift
Alternate combos:
Nice combos! They’re very unique and not what you’d expect to see. That’s what I like to see in combos, having different combinations and a different blading style is what sets you apart from other bladers.
Thanks! I'd love to see this format become competitive and see what your combos are. I know your parts already (your cbt) so you may have a disadvantage, but who knows. You might cook up some unique combos of your own and crush me with them.
I think that if this format happens it shouldn't be for every tourney.
I only have one GT bey and the other beys would technically be wastes of money (sparking-DB)
(Oct. 28, 2021  6:27 AM)GhostFox Wrote: I think that if this format happens it shouldn't be for every tourney.
I only have one GT bey and the other beys would technically be wastes of money (sparking-DB)
I agree. Stuff like limited, classic, and hopefully BGT should be every so often. Standard is gonna be the main thing. And not to be rude, but it doesn’t matter if you don’t have many Gt beys. Everyone has their own amount of beys. I had to deal with only having 8 hasbro beys for 2 and a half years. And I assure you many many many people don’t have a lot of parts. I literally have 2 classic beys and I’m still going to a classic tournament in a week or 2 (I forgot that date). If you don’t feel like participating cause your amount of beys, then don’t. Sorry if I was mean, but yeah standard is gonna be the main thing.
SHOULD BECOME A OFFICIAL
(Oct. 28, 2021  8:01 AM)SinParty Wrote: I definetly agree

Everyone report this person. They’re a person who supports and is promoting, well, just look at their bio.

Regarding BGT, I’ve changed my stance a bit. I think it’s a good idea, so long as it’s balanced and the right parts are banned so there’s variety in the BGT meta
(Oct. 28, 2021  8:09 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Oct. 28, 2021  8:01 AM)SinParty Wrote: I definetly agree

Everyone report this person. They’re a person who supports and is promoting, well, just look at their bio.

Regarding BGT, I’ve changed my stance a bit. I think it’s a good idea, so long as it’s balanced and the right parts are banned so there’s variety in the BGT meta
There’s no specific rule set as of now, but I did just recently come up with a rule set in my CBT thread and Shindog has one in his thread of it as well. 
I’ll try and find it
Shindog Ruleset
Burst GT Format (BGT)

Inclusions:
-All layers up the the end of Beyblade Burst GT[/font][/size]
-All MFB remake layers
-All Plastics remake layers
-All Hasbro layers released to date
-All drivers 

Banned
-All layers released after GT
-All disks released after GT

TheRogueBlader Ruleset
BGT Beyblade Burst GT Format

Allowed
-All layers released from the single layer to GT era
-All superking bases up until before the release of brave Valkryie 
-All superking single chassis
-All drivers

Banned
-All discs released after GT
-All dynamite battle system layers
-All superking rings released after curse satan
-All superking double chassis
-All superking chips that incorporate metal (spriggan, Diabolos, Lucifer, Lucifer 2, hyperion 2, helios 2, solomo, MCC, etc)
So as far as discs go, we're really just banning anything DB and Wheel. I'm down for this. GT was a fun system.
Infinite Speed?

Edit: Variant as well. My reasoning is that they are both lightweight and shouldn't pose a threat to GT beys.
(Oct. 28, 2021  8:29 PM)Cindercast Wrote: Infinite Speed?

Edit: Variant as well. My reasoning is that they are both lightweight and shouldn't pose a threat to GT beys.
I guess, but that would make things more complicated and the idea of the format is just Gt beys. Adding even more sparking beys would make things more complex and people might get confused and included the attachment, or use the Lucifer1 chip on variant and everything. Obviously even though I came up with the id3s of the format, I can’t actually authorize it. Maybe we could create a ruleset as a community but for now I think keep things simple and then add more stuff like maybe infinite speed, variant, possibly first, and others as time goes on. I just really want someone to try it out in an unranked tournament to kind of get the format started and on the road to hopefully being official
unless you like complicated
(Oct. 28, 2021  9:05 PM)GodzillaFan101 Wrote: unless you like complicated
Complicated is a confusing word. Some people think chess is complicated, some people don’t. Some people think algebra is complicated some people don’t. Some people think beyblade is for baby’s and some people think beyblade is complicated. I think if we start a new format it should start simple and we can add more as time goes on.
(Oct. 28, 2021  9:10 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Oct. 28, 2021  9:05 PM)GodzillaFan101 Wrote: unless you like complicated
Complicated is a confusing word. Some people think chess is complicated, some people don’t. Some people think algebra is complicated some people don’t. Some people think beyblade is for baby’s and some people think beyblade is complicated. I think if we start a new format it should start simple and we can add more as time 
thats what I have been saying adding more is getting complicated and annoying. we need a new start
(Oct. 28, 2021  9:14 PM)GodzillaFan101 Wrote:
(Oct. 28, 2021  9:10 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: Complicated is a confusing word. Some people think chess is complicated, some people don’t. Some people think algebra is complicated some people don’t. Some people think beyblade is for baby’s and some people think beyblade is complicated. I think if we start a new format it should start simple and we can add more as time 
thats what I have been saying adding more is getting complicated and annoying. we need a new start
This is a format for Gt. We can’t restart it, I don’t know what you meant by that. If you think there’s too many formats then don’t participate in ones you don’t like. This thread is about a format that 29/35 people who voted want to happen and if you disagree then don’t try and out down the format in a thread where people are putting in the effort to make it a reality.
(Oct. 28, 2021  9:18 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Oct. 28, 2021  9:14 PM)GodzillaFan101 Wrote: thats what I have been saying adding more is getting complicated and annoying. we need a new start
This is a format for Gt. We can’t restart it, I don’t know what you meant by that. If you think there’s too many formats then don’t participate in ones you don’t like. This thread is about a format that 29/35 people who voted want to happen and if you disagree then don’t try and out down the format in a thread where people are putting in the effort to make it a reality.

I agree
Polls are less useful than reasoned argument posts, there needs to be less obsession with them and more with having an active discussion.

Anyway, I have been testing and enjoying this format a lot - it is a wonderful, aggressive and more varied format than people expected. Here are the rules I am working under, they are basically Shindogs plus explicitly allowing hasbro disks, as I strongly feel the best starting point is to leave early superking out for the moment, and see how dr etc go before addressing them if needed. Haswheel is the main reason for including Hasbro Disks, it is present in limited currently.

Inclusions:
-All layers up the the end of Beyblade Burst GT
-All MFB remake layers
-All Hasbro Disks released to date
-All drivers

Banned
-All disks released after GT (barring Hasbro)

Here are some combos I have been using extensively. I also use Cosmo Valkyrie Wheel(H) Xt+, which has spectacular LAD but doesn't take hits well. Xt+ is strong, but not broken - same for drift, Zn'+z and bearing', in such an aggressive format and without heavy weight disks like over and giga they don't have the defensive prowess needed to dominate. I need to explore other things more thoroughly, such as almight (you can activate the gimmick without self KOing by using a bank so hard you burn stamina by scraping for a few seconds, giving it top tier LAD, but it's easy prey for judgment and zwei), hybrid and atomic.

[Image: 38qLGyY.jpeg]
[Image: iFUt9EP.jpeg]
(Oct. 31, 2021  7:26 AM)th!nk Wrote: Polls are less useful than reasoned argument posts, there needs to be less obsession with them and more with having an active discussion.

Anyway, I have been testing and enjoying this format a lot. Here are the rules I am working under, they are basically Shindogs plus explicitly allowing hasbro disks, as I strongly feel the best starting point is to leave early superking out for the moment, and see how dr etc go before addressing them if needed. Haswheel is the main reason for including Hasbro Disks, it is present in limited currently.

Inclusions:
-All layers up the the end of Beyblade Burst GT[/font][/size]
-All MFB remake layers
-All Hasbro Disks released to date
-All drivers

Banned
-All disks released after GT (barring Hasbro)

Here are some combos I have been using extensively. I also use Cosmo Valkyrie Wheel(H) Xt+, which has spectacular LAD but doesn't take hits well. Xt+ is strong, but not broken - same for drift, Zn'+z and bearing', in such an aggressive format and without heavy weight disks like over and giga they don't have the defensive prowess needed to dominate. I need to explore other things more thoroughly, such as almight, hybrid and atomic.

[Image: 38qLGyY.jpeg]
[Image: iFUt9EP.jpeg]
Glad to see I’m not the only one making combos for a format that isn’t confirmed yet! I’ve really been enjoying this format as well and for the most part those rules are the ones that suit the format best, but I think early superking based like curse, king, super, and glide should be allowed with any sk chip not having metal and all single chassis. That might be a stretch but we’ll see once people (hopefully soon) start organizing it into tournaments. 
Nice to see I’m not the only one using things like hybrid. Tbh, I don’t think Xtend+ will be that god anymore if you’ve got never or zone’+z, or even bearing’. High Xtend+’ might change that, but it’s doubtful. My Xtend+ is extremely worn so it’s same spin has gone down quite a bit. Ah I see you like variable’ on imperial dragon and the expand frame. Fear not for i too enjoy imperial spriggan 00 expand evolution’.
Xt+ is better than all 3 of those drivers tbh, drift is the only thing that it struggles against in opposite if using Wh(H). Never isn't all that great imo, bearing isn't a good fit for the format (you'll note I don't have it on anything) - it doesn't have heavy disks to save it here and it's same spin isn't that incredible plus xt+ can KO it if using lord. Also even Br' bursts on pP, so you mostly end up with lord, which is definitely better used with xt+ for versatility. Zn'+z isn't good in same spin when it has these lighter parts, so while it takes hits better than xt+ I'd rather use that on lord which is imo the best use case with its balanced attributes. I reckon HXt+' is gonna suffer from being too tall - Haswheel is what lets Xt+ eke out a lot of opposite spin wins instead of losses and HXt+' won't benefit from it.

Lord Wh Xt+ is imo the best non attack combo in the format hands down. If judgment and zwei didn't exist, it would be worth getting rid of. But that's the good thing about GT - spamina can have what it wants because judgment and zwei will bounce them around until the walls stop saving them anyway.

As for SK, they may well be fine but it's better to keep the rules simple for the moment and revisit them later.