Beyblade Burst Episode #20 (August 15, 2016)

20) Connect! Chain Shoot!!
繋げろ!チェーンシュート!!
Tsunagero! Chēn Shūto!!
August 15, 2016

Short Summary

Extended Summary

ついにシャカと対戦することになった犬介。だが、なやみとあせりから自分の力を出せない犬介は、シャカのエクスカリバーにおされてしまう。そんななか、バルトが道場からとびだしてしまった。いなくなったバルトをまち、犬介はベイをシュートしようとしない。そんな犬介のすがたをみたシャカは…?
It was a pretty good episode, Kensuke was really good and has definitely improved from his last performances, not including episode 10. I never expected the second half as it was not shown on the trailer.
It was a really good episode, I loved how they built the background for this moment in the previous episodes making the other characters lose, so Kensuke could have a more "emotional Battle." Of course they were advertising Unlock Unicorn too, but it was also a great excuse to build up the tension and the feeling when Kensuke faces his oponent! Grin

The second half of the episode...

Those flashbacks contributed a lot for the feels in the episode, so that's why I like this slow pacing in Burst, it makes the climax moments cooler, imo. Grin
This episode was basically puppy babby being awesome twice in a row
I love it :P
lol can someone give me links to raw?
Hm, I do not know why the second half of the episode was particularly surprising. Also, the problem with Burst is that whenever one issue arises, it gets solved in a second. Whenever someone is in doubt, Valt is litterally the next person to talk and he tells the person that their battle was amazing and automatically the player is relieved and does not worry anymore. Kensuke moving to another school? Chill out, we will still be friends. Even Shuu's shoulder injury was something he seemed to be able to surpass on his own and even then, Kaiza arrived and magically numbed the pain, and then he gets treated wherever Kaiza trains, so that issue is mostly forgotten already, he is recuperating and there is no serious competition or challenge in sight for him to have to recover quickly. There is a very, very slow pacing coupled with extremely short and mellow crisis periods. My heartbeat has barely had the opportunity to increase by the time the resolution comes.
I'm surprised you're still watching, Kai-V! Your dedication to the Beyblade community is boundless as usual :'D
I have to say, for a person who so clearly hates the anime series, I agree with Brad that she is persistent.
Nobody will be able to say that I did not give this series a chance...
I like that Valt is very optimistic even when he or his friends lose. He sees every battle as a learning experience which is probably why everything is amazing to him. He's a very positive character and teaches kids good sportsmanship. He's not a brooding character that gets depressed for 3 episodes because he lost (exaggeration).
I seem to have forgotten to share the raw. Whoops! Download/streaming link here!

(Aug. 16, 2016  4:33 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Hm, I do not know why the second half of the episode was particularly surprising. Also, the problem with Burst is that whenever one issue arises, it gets solved in a second. Whenever someone is in doubt, Valt is litterally the next person to talk and he tells the person that their battle was amazing and automatically the player is relieved and does not worry anymore. Kensuke moving to another school? Chill out, we will still be friends. Even Shuu's shoulder injury was something he seemed to be able to surpass on his own and even then, Kaiza arrived and magically numbed the pain, and then he gets treated wherever Kaiza trains, so that issue is mostly forgotten already, he is recuperating and there is no serious competition or challenge in sight for him to have to recover quickly. There is a very, very slow pacing coupled with extremely short and mellow crisis periods. My heartbeat has barely had the opportunity to increase by the time the resolution comes.

Honestly, I do agree with a lot of this. While I did love this episode because it brought everything together and gave some development for Kensuke, they're acting too much like the issue is resolved just because of being friends long-distance. Regardless of that, you'd still be devastated regardless. I'm hoping this issue isn't actually resolved and it gets touched on more later, but I can't say I'm expecting any further progression on it past him actually moving.

And indeed, the pacing is slow. We're 20 episodes in and we've had one major tournament and one training arc. The next two arcs are already pretty obviously gonna be the National Tournament qualifier, and the National Tournament itself. I'm not even sure why we're having focus on teams right now either, given that there doesn't seem to be any team involvement in this series, nor does it look like there will be any either. Season 2? Sure, that could be a team world tournament for all I know, but it's a little weird to throw a team battle in here right now when it serves to be nothing more than well deserved focus on the underappreciated supporting cast.
it was a alright episode but i think x2 will beat k2 and then v2 will lose
but what about me
Shu is not competing. He's stated this in almost every episode of the team battle.
Subbed version is now available! Thanks for your patience!