Beyblade Burst Ep1 (JPN: April 4, 2016) (CAN: September 10, 2010)

General Discussion for Beyblade Burst episode 1, airing on April 4, 2016

01. Let's Go! Valkyrie!!
行こうぜ!相棒(ヴァルキリー)!!
Ikō ze! Varukirī!!

Summary:
ベイブレードが大すきなバルトは、親友・シュウのバトルにしげきをうけてベイブレードの大会に出場することにする。まずは地区大会の初戦、バルトは勝つことができるのか?

Valt, who loves Beyblade, is invited to compete in a Beyblade tournament by his close friend Shu. In the first match of the local tournament, is it possible for Valt to win?

Note: Summary translation by ~Mana~

Official RAW:

Fansub: http://www.mp4upload.com/twm2mfafbykw
That did not show the right channel at all.

Keyhole did not let me hear the full opening song, but the ending theme was infinitely more memorable than it.

The opening does not even hint at a villain to come, it just showed all the Bladers we already know up to Kaiser and even he was not depicted as being bad.

The episode is just Valt beyblading with Rantarou in their school gym. Valt keeps losing on his own, first speeding right out of the stadium, and the second time launching his Valkyrie way too high. That sends his Beyblade into the closet so all the soccer balls get misplaced. An old man in a suit comes in and tells them to clean up and put everything back in place. A broadcast from the wbba. happens on one of Valt's sisters' iPad I think, so they go watch that, and Valt gets excited about fighting like Shuu, who is basically portrayed as the example Blader. He leaves and goes to work out with that big tire on his back while Rantarou is made to clean up after him still because he stayed behind.

While training by the riverside, Shuu just casually walks by on his bike, so Valt goes to meet him and they walk back home together. He tells Valt some advice on how to Beyblade.

The next day is a big in-mall wbba. tournament. We have a new sort of Blader DJ who is just a regular guy with a green suit on. There are also wbba. representatives there. Every Blader lines up and connects their BeyLogger to a machine that takes their photo and that and their Beyblade gets shown on the big screen. Of course Valt is nervous and ends up making a face when his picture gets taken.

He is called up for the first match and, still nervous, walks stiffly and stumbles into his opponent, Rantarou. Valt takes exactly Shuu's launching pose. They battle and Valkyrie loses the first round by knockout, but then he wins the second because he used the Sliding Shoot/Rush Shoot method of angling his launcher. He bursts Rising Ragnaruk and somehow wins the whole battle... I thought you needed three points to actually win and a Burst only gave you two...

The mythical beasts are definitely just metaphorical representations.

They definitely start right off with their Dual Layer Beyblades. I doubt we will ever see the first system in Burst.

I think I missed Xeno Xcalibur being shown near the beginning of the ending sequence hah.

Overall obviously a boring episode and no sign of anything significant happening later in the show...
I've actually seen a bit of the episode with that link but because of my terrible loading, I never watched much of it.

Hey @[Kai-V], is that one with the light blue hair one of Valt's sisters? It's just I thought she was a boy and I've never really paid much attention to either of his sisters.
For me, that stream just showed adult-related stuff like a skin cream advert...

(Apr. 04, 2016  10:41 AM)Momohimi Wrote: I've actually seen a bit of the episode with that link but because of my terrible loading, I never watched much of it.

Hey @[Kai-V], is that one with the light blue hair one of Valt's sisters? It's just I thought she was a boy and I've never really paid much attention to either of his sisters.

I think so. I could be wrong, but I do think he has two sisters in the manga, so I just she just dresses cooler than the other sister?

Several screenshots I took during the episode:
http://imgur.com/a/83Uny

Visually, it is very good, clearly, but script-wise...
I've tried to put the opening (filmed with my phone) on youtube... My video was blocked by youtube because there is D-rights contents
(Apr. 04, 2016  11:04 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Apr. 04, 2016  10:41 AM)Momohimi Wrote: Hey @[Kai-V], is that one with the light blue hair one of Valt's sisters? It's just I thought she was a boy and I've never really paid much attention to either of his sisters.

I think so. I could be wrong, but I do think he has two sisters in the manga, so I just she just dresses cooler than the other sister?

The light blue haired one looks more like a boy to me than a girl - which really differs with the manga (on which he has two sisters as opposed to - apparently? - a younger brother and sister in anime form? Or is it still two sisters, one being a real tomboy and the other being a girly-girl?)...
I'm encoding the episode now. Should be up in an hour or so from now.
(Apr. 04, 2016  11:50 AM)TheSecondDeath Wrote: I've tried to put the opening (filmed with my phone) on youtube... My video was blocked by youtube because there is D-rights contents

Ooooh. So sad... Haha c'est Brice xD
(Apr. 04, 2016  12:40 PM)Bl4ck-Ou7 Wrote:
(Apr. 04, 2016  11:50 AM)TheSecondDeath Wrote: I've tried to put the opening (filmed with my phone) on youtube... My video was blocked by youtube because there is D-rights contents

Ooooh. So sad... Haha c'est Brice xD

It's not funny !!
Snap! I missed it.

Is there is anyway i can watch it now?
So here's my review on it:

It was a pretty enjoyable episode and I had fun seeing the new universe. It seems to take a comedic approach which is fine, as it keeps me entertained. However, the plot structure is all over the place, the introduction just seems thrown in, it doesn't seem to introduce us to Valt that much, and it almost seems like there was meant to be an episode before it. The background music is good and it's different, the visuals are nice and bright, well except for the Beyblade CGI, which is really slow looking, even worse than V-Force' beyblade animation. I honestly never expected Rantaros voice and Shuu seems different in a way.
Quote:We have a new sort of Blader DJ who is just a regular guy with a green suit on.

This is the worst news of my life.
personally i enjoyed it a lot maybe its because i really miss beyblade
(Apr. 04, 2016  3:00 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
Quote:We have a new sort of Blader DJ who is just a regular guy with a green suit on.

This is the worst news of my life.

The original DJ himself is gonna feel worse.
(Apr. 04, 2016  11:04 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Apr. 04, 2016  10:41 AM)Momohimi Wrote: Hey @[Kai-V], is that one with the light blue hair one of Valt's sisters? It's just I thought she was a boy and I've never really paid much attention to either of his sisters.

Yeah, Tokonatsu and Nika. Looks like they made them distinctly different to differentiate them, but I'm not entirely sure why...
I loved it! Animation is great.
It feels so good to be able to discuss Beyblade episodes again, on this forum =O
Valt is perfect as the hero !! Far more awesome than Gingka, it reminds me the beginning of Naruto.

Nice animation and music.
But I still don't understand why Valkyrie is not female.
Also, the opening could have been more exciting.

Just hope they will introduce a deep and strong plot later (bad guy with dark power haha)
It will be perfect if they could made the toyline stronger (BB burst tops look weaker than previous ones). I only need a perfect synergy anime/toyline to live in peace.
Just finished the first episode! While the show will obviously not appeal to some, we should remember that this is a show directed towards a younger audience. I actually did think it was OK overall. Here are my thoughts.

I definitely like how our main protagonist, Valto, isn't Ginga. He doesn't win his first matches right off the bat. He's definitely kind of over-the-top but I've grown to like him throughout the course of the episode. Tokonatsu and Nika are super cute! The opening and the ending songs are definitely very good, as well.

However, the DJ's design we saw in this episode was pretty bland and the 3D animation is something I'm just going to learn to grow to. My biggest problem though was how the main Bladers were introduced; all at one event and not in a separate period of time. Shuu is definitely not what I expected to be. He definitely seemed like more of Valto's role model than he is rival.

Looking forward to more episodes!