Beyblade Burst Ep1 (JPN: April 4, 2016) (CAN: September 10, 2010)

(Apr. 04, 2016  12:47 PM)TheSecondDeath Wrote:
(Apr. 04, 2016  12:40 PM)Bl4ck-Ou7 Wrote:
(Apr. 04, 2016  11:50 AM)TheSecondDeath Wrote: I've tried to put the opening (filmed with my phone) on youtube... My video was blocked by youtube because there is D-rights contents

Ooooh. So sad... Haha c'est Brice xD

It's not funny !!

Si si c'est funny :p
(Apr. 04, 2016  10:33 AM)Kai-V Wrote: The mythical beasts are definitely just metaphorical representations.

You said the same in MFB and then that was blown to smithereens later in the series (the final episode of the first season especially)
(Apr. 04, 2016  10:25 PM)Ultra Wrote:
(Apr. 04, 2016  10:33 AM)Kai-V Wrote: The mythical beasts are definitely just metaphorical representations.

You said the same in MFB and then that was blown to smithereens later in the series (the final episode of the first season especially)

Well my statements are true when I post them...
I am SO hyped for this series!!! Before in MFB, I felt like the universe the characters were in was not as realistic as BURST's universe. I just love how they bring the WBBA into it, and how simplistic the whole battling system is. It's not just a mess of random people battling anymore, it's starting to feel like an actual tournament.
And as far as the characters go, I think they're the best we've gotten out of any Beyblade anime.
Feels good to have this back :)
The characters are empty, and they did include the WBBA and tournaments in all previous Beyblade series too... There was no "mess" of it.
(Apr. 05, 2016  12:07 AM)BeyGabe Wrote: I am SO hyped for this series!!! Before in MFB, I felt like the universe the characters were in was not as realistic as BURST's universe. I just love how they bring the WBBA into it, and how simplistic the whole battling system is. It's not just a mess of random people battling anymore, it's starting to feel like an actual tournament.
And as far as the characters go, I think they're the best we've gotten out of any Beyblade anime.
Feels good to have this back Smile

I feel like you just described Bakuten Shoot Beyblade.
Exactly. Did we watch the same shows?
Yeah! How dare he like the show!

In all seriousness, the beginning is quite a problem for me, as it really doesn't even set the universe as much and just drops us in. Though I like the comedy aspect. One thing I forgot to mention was that I never expected Wakayas voice, honestly I feel like Rantanos and his voice should have switched.

Oh and thanks DranzerX13.
(Apr. 05, 2016  12:21 AM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: Yeah! How dare he like the show!

That's not what anyone is saying ... I'm just saying that all of that stuff happened already, way before MFB.
(Apr. 05, 2016  12:37 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Apr. 05, 2016  12:21 AM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: Yeah! How dare he like the show!

That's not what anyone is saying ... I'm just saying that all of that stuff happened already, way before MFB.

Oh, right. It just seemed that way, though it wasn't directed to you.

Sorry about that.
Well, I really enjoyed the anime, this first episode and all. Everytime I watch an anime like this, meant for kids, I think, "what would young BeyGa think of this?" And the answer was really positive! I loved it! It's fun, it's entertaining, and that's important!

This call back (sort of) to the classic series is the best thing ever! I didn't enjoy MFB that much because of the amount of fantasy elements in it. Not entertaining for my taste. Having a tournament going on, and all is something really "smaller" and pleasant to follow. I hope to see some crazy tournaments, and see some great battles!

Thanks for the episode, DranzerX13. Smile
The thing is, this is the first episode. We're not looking for plot setting, and certainly not character development. This episode was about getting things moving slowly and showcasing the quality of animation that we'll be seeing, as well as setting the tone for the show.

It's quite evident that the first six or seven episodes will just introduce characters and have them all set up their Beyblade club. After that, we're probably just looking at tournaments until they can participate in regionals, or even nationals. The series just needs a bit before it really gets going and before people become really interested, just like every other series we've had. Burst will likely be 52 episodes, so we're not going to be rushing into anything here.
But the opening should have at least hinted at villains, and I am quite sure that we saw the Face Hunters at the very beginning of Metal Fight Beyblade.
(Apr. 05, 2016  2:48 AM)Kai-V Wrote: But the opening should have at least hinted at villains, and I am quite sure that we saw the Face Hunters at the very beginning of Metal Fight Beyblade.

Wait... did Bakuten Shoot show all Blade Sharks in their opening? Well I guess they at least showed Carlos in episode 1.
So far I liked the 1st episode. I'll have to watch it again though with subs to get a better understanding of what the characters are saying especially in terms of character development and introduction.

Its interesting that the characters started off right away with the dual layer beys. Where as in the manga and anime trailer they had their original counterparts. So I wonder if at any point (perhaps in a flashback) we'll see the original burst lineup.
Woooooo! That was awesome. The similarities between this anime and Metal Fight are incredible—nearly every aspect of the characters, battles, animation, etc. felt exactly the same. I guess the biggest difference I noticed (aside from the obvious differences in the tops) is that instead of being his rival, Valt's friend is almost like his mentor... at least for now, until Valt is ready to challenge him head-on. Loved the scene where he tilts his launcher down to prepare for a sliding shoot before the second battle.

All in all, there's no real emotional or thematic depth so far, but that's to be expected—at least this early on in a series that's following in Metal Fight's footsteps. Can't wait for episode 2!

Oh! And hello again, Tobio.
(Apr. 05, 2016  2:54 AM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote:
(Apr. 05, 2016  2:48 AM)Kai-V Wrote: But the opening should have at least hinted at villains, and I am quite sure that we saw the Face Hunters at the very beginning of Metal Fight Beyblade.

Wait... did Bakuten Shoot show all Blade Sharks in their opening? Well I guess they at least showed Carlos in episode 1.

Bakuten Shoot Beyblade doesn't really have antagonists in the traditional sense until almost the very end of the show; it's focused entirely around the struggles of its main cast. Whereas we do know Burst has a villain incoming.

And considering both Kai and the Blade Sharks are introduced in ep 1 and consume the entirety of the first arc of the show, I'd say they're well enough represented. But you all know I really love the first episode of Bakuten, anyway ...
(Apr. 05, 2016  3:07 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Apr. 05, 2016  2:54 AM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote:

Bakuten Shoot Beyblade doesn't really have antagonists in the traditional sense until almost the very end of the show; it's focused entirely around the struggles of its main cast. Whereas we do know Burst has a villain incoming.

And considering both Kai and the Blade Sharks are introduced in ep 1 and consume the entirety of the first arc of the show, I'd say they're well enough represented. But you all know I really love the first episode of Bakuten, anyway ...

I know they were shown in episode 1 and further on, which was why it didn't matter too much for them to be in the intro or not, but, I guess MFB is also the same.

Why should it at this point? Nothing is stopping them from updating it later on once everything is properly established. Nearly every MFB opening had scenes changed midway through the season, and Baukten Shoot had the opening changed for an entirely new one after half a season passed. We're not in a rush, and it's certainly not like we won't get anything like that. We're just at a point where local tournaments and rivals are a larger focus.

And in regards to the Face Hunters; they were a minor villainous group in the series, and it worked for the series. Now we have a school setting, so I'm not sure whether a villain fits in yet. Revealing one would ruin the whole setting before the series really begins.
beyblade had carlos and kai on the first ep
metal saga had the face hunters and kyoya in the first ep.
burst only showed some rivals we will get who will be the villan for like 5 eps
so burst didnt have a big bad guy on the first ep but lets see the plot points of the first ep of each
beyblade, introduced us to tyson and max and kai.they just beybattle in a roof and fight carlos and talked alittle about the bitbeast.
metal saga showed us the face hunters along benkei kyoya and gingka and kenta they just fought each other. and talked abit about blader spirit
as for burst it showed us 5 bladers, valt, shuu, ragnarok, deathsyther and kerbeus dudes. it showed us some back story about valt and shuu. it showed us valts family and home.

so its following a verry different formula so far with the story. i still think they will make something happen. but for now i think they are just introducing us to the characters. as for a show its self i found it really fun. its got great animation, the intro looked great, and it had a fun feel over all. as for a beyblade series so far i like it. the metal saga was super fantasy style and it was great!. the original was alittle more realistic with some fantasy elements. so far burst seems to be the most realistic, but that can totaly change i mean, look at the first ep of the metal saga, it looked very realistic in a way then by ep 3 we saw it start to change. so who knows burst might change. but like i said over all it was a fun ep. so i dont know why some people are complaining when its just the FIRST ep. ya its not as "full" as the other first eps we had but its alittle more personal.
We got a lot of character development in the first episode of Bakuten Shoot Beyblade and it had plot. You can do both at once.

Everybody besides Valt is essentially Valt's friends. They are barely rivals.
true but still the first ep for burst wasnt as bad just because it wasnt as eventfull as the other doesnt mean it was bad. for me i really enjoyed it
By definition, they technically are rivals: they are competing for the same goal in the same field. Yes, they're friends, but there's absolutely no reason why they can't be rivals as well Tongue_out

Eh, ultimately, I just think it's too soon to be jumping to any serious opinions. We're just having a slow start compared to Bakuten and Metal Fight, haha.
I think nobody would complain or be concerned had we not seen where the manga was at this point. (FWIW, I'm waiting for subs before I watch this, though I can't say I'm that interested to begin with.)
It's weird how the main characters hair colours are similar to the Bakuten shoot one, Takao and Valt, Shuu and Kai, Kensuke and Rei, Rantaro an Max, though Takaos hair was black with a blue shine.