Beyblade Burst DB Episode #38 (December 10, 2021)

38. The Ultimate Bond! Ultimate Valkyrie!!
究極の絆!アルティメットヴァルキリー
Kyūkyoku no kizuna! Aruteimetto Varukirī!!
Air Date: 2021/12/10
Theory: Either Valt realizes that his Valkyrie isn't good enough to keep up with these new beys and decides to make an evo or Rashad breaks it (yes, Rashad breaks it according to the title of episode 37) and Valt makes the ultimate Valkyrie.

I almost wanna see Valt take out Rashad towards the end of the series and Bell vs Valt in the finals in a title match.
(Nov. 09, 2021  7:41 PM)Cath Wrote: Theory: Either Valt realizes that his Valkyrie isn't good enough to keep up with these new beys and decides to make an evo or Rashad breaks it (yes, Rashad breaks it according to the title of episode 37) and Valt makes the ultimate Valkyrie.

I almost wanna see Valt take out Rashad towards the end of the series and Bell vs Valt in the finals in a title match.
No thank you, Valt losing the title to Bell is gonna suck.
Welp there goes magma ifrit

Ngl valt doesn’t need a new bey. A new motif would be nice, but nope.

Welp whatever, it’s not terrible. But I do wish we had some random late entry like wakyia but a new char with a new bey.
(Nov. 09, 2021  8:06 PM)The Blacknight Wrote: Welp there goes magma ifrit

Welp whatever, it’s not terrible. But I do wish we had some random late entry like wakyia but a new char with a new bey.
Well comparing Savior Valkyrie to Vanish Fafnir, Guilty Longinus, and Astral Spriggan, I would say Valt desperately needs a new Valkyrie.
(Nov. 09, 2021  8:08 PM)g2_ Wrote:

Well comparing Savior Valkyrie to Vanish Fafnir, Guilty Longinus, and Astral Spriggan, I would say Valt desperately needs a new Valkyrie.
Thats not they problem some don't like valkyrie getting a new evo not because it cant or they don’t like it, but because its getting another one in the same season. Think about it would you like it if TT had said you no what lets give fafnir, spriggan or longinus or Bahamut another evo. Like i said once if this is Valt final stands than its fine to get a potantial final evo but if next season (if theirs a next season) valkyrie get an evo it would honestly kind of well suck cause the that spot it got this season couldve been for another bey that needs an evo. Their not going to a new motif fans should stop with that wishful thinking we are way to far in the story for that. Savior is an a safe place plus anime wise they couldve just buff Valt (which he has already done to prove why you don't mess with him).
(Nov. 09, 2021  8:08 PM)g2_ Wrote:

Nah I liked savior, not every bey needs to be meta. Some are just fun to play with, like savior.
(Nov. 09, 2021  8:39 PM)The Blacknight Wrote:
(Nov. 09, 2021  8:08 PM)g2_ Wrote: Well comparing Savior Valkyrie to Vanish Fafnir, Guilty Longinus, and Astral Spriggan, I would say Valt desperately needs a new Valkyrie.

Nah I liked savior, not every bey needs to be meta. Some are just fun to play with, like savior.
Nah Savior was way too bad Stock wise. The reason why Valkyrie needed an Evolution was because the Valkyrie lineup needs to end on a good note.
(Nov. 09, 2021  9:24 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Nov. 09, 2021  8:39 PM)The Blacknight Wrote: Nah I liked savior, not every bey needs to be meta. Some are just fun to play with, like savior.
Nah Savior was way too bad Stock wise. The reason why Valkyrie needed an Evolution was because the Valkyrie lineup needs to end on a good note.
I can see why people are upset but to be honest Savior actually isn’t that bad bc it can at the very least go up against Astral and Vanish just not guilty not only that Valt can go up against people without a evo bc in the anime Savior is really good he’s just not using it properly bc of plot we have yet to see bound Savior we have yet to see him dodge a special move with his shot driver and the only person he’s done it to was his first battle debut with Bell so at this point he might as well get an evo weather people like it or not sadly
The Ultimate (究極) Bond will produce Ultimate (アルティメット) Valkyrie. How appropriate haha
(Nov. 09, 2021  7:41 PM)Cath Wrote: Theory: Either Valt realizes that his Valkyrie isn't good enough to keep up with these new beys and decides to make an evo or Rashad breaks it (yes, Rashad breaks it according to the title of episode 37) and Valt makes the ultimate Valkyrie.

Valt saying Valkyrie isn't Good Enough is very out of character especially now. He'll either choose to evolve it to reach Greater Heights and be able to compete with Rashad or it'll break and he'll decide to evolve it
(Nov. 09, 2021  9:24 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Nov. 09, 2021  8:39 PM)The Blacknight Wrote: Nah I liked savior, not every bey needs to be meta. Some are just fun to play with, like savior.

thats not the point i was tryna make, but we can go that route too. ngl shot was the only bad part, everything else was gud. Valkyrie is a top tier core(like bahamut level but right spin). Savior is so so, like how brave was to rage and zwei was to judgement, but still gud, and it's ok for spin equalization, like brave, but dynamite+f is better due to the round shape, woulda been gud if not for that. venture+v is like destroy' good, and the launcher is the 2nd best one out rn. but that wasnt my point. my point was that Valkyrie was never meant to be broken, it really would have been and added bonus if it was. july releases like to be super gimmicky or full of collectable items, as thats when beyblade was released. Yggdrasil(first pom burst driver) and Xcalibur(very unbalanced, on purpose), killer deathscyther(double slash) and legend(first dual spin), Revive(flying armor), Venom(double beyblade), and whatever the frick poison did, Lucifer(the great wall of china), and now savior, which jumps. all this to say, yea, some might have been meta, but most of these were meant to be really fun, playful releases to sorta test the limits of what weird carp beyblade could do. ngl even though it has my least favorite season, gt was still the best season for releases, in that really no beys but bushin, cosmic, and drums beys didn't have smth different about them. like the whole point of the season was to bring in new stuff, like the triple layer system, infinite lock, viable(well as viable as possible) electric drivers, and almost an entirely new cast. so all this to say, just because savior got the july release, does not mean it should get special treatment cuz it's the bey of some kid with too much hair gel. a new season is confirmed anyways, we should just settle for that cuz you cant spell burst without valt, or at least the creators think so.

holy carp this is way too long dont waste ur lifespan reading this just keep scrolling
Rashad has been dragging Valt's name through the mud so I'm glad Valt is finally upgrading so he can clear his name.
The notion that Valt needs a new Valkyrie is pretty ridiculous in my opinion. Almost as much as the idea that he must be some unfailing entity that should always get perfect closure even when it isn't relevant to the plot. Valt was a good character because of his journey and growth, not because of pis spawned from writers who feel the need to gratify overzealous Valt fans. It really is too bad at the end of the day.

On another note, we could have had an entirely new character in that place.
(Nov. 11, 2021  10:18 AM)Zeutron Wrote: The notion that Valt needs a new Valkyrie is pretty ridiculous in my opinion. Almost as much as the idea that he must be some unfailing entity that should always get perfect closure even when it isn't relevant to the plot. Valt was a good character because of his journey and growth, not because of pis spawned from writers who feel the need to gratify overzealous Valt fans. It really is too bad at the end of the day.

On another hand it's nice to see Valt play a more major role this season. He is more involved with the main character and main villain in this arc. ( he is constantly giving Rashad advice and in the last episode he told Bell to recognize Basara's effort). I do not agree that a new character would be a nice addition considering the past. Time and time again I have seen that the writers struggle to give enough limelight to each character especially since the episodes are 12 minutes long. I would prefer less characters but better writing instead of  having a huge and unique cast.

It's not as if we dont have new characters this season; in fact we have 6 new characters( 3 of which are pretty good imo) which is much more than the 3 we had in sparking. 

But yes, having an upgrade for the sake of it will be wrong. I hope they come up with a better reason; other than savior breaking.
(Nov. 11, 2021  10:45 AM)Vtryuga Wrote:
(Nov. 11, 2021  10:18 AM)Zeutron Wrote: The notion that Valt needs a new Valkyrie is pretty ridiculous in my opinion. Almost as much as the idea that he must be some unfailing entity that should always get perfect closure even when it isn't relevant to the plot. Valt was a good character because of his journey and growth, not because of pis spawned from writers who feel the need to gratify overzealous Valt fans. It really is too bad at the end of the day.

On another hand it's nice to see Valt play a more major role this season. He is more involved with the main character and main villain in this arc. ( he is constantly giving Rashad advice and in the last episode he told Bell to recognize Basara's effort). I do not agree that a new character would be a nice addition considering the past. Time and time again I have seen that the writers struggle to give enough limelight to each character especially since the episodes are 12 minutes long. I would prefer less characters but better writing instead of  having a huge and unique cast.

It's not as if we dont have new characters this season; in fact we have 6 new characters( 3 of which are pretty good imo) which is much more than the 3 we had in sparking. 

But yes, having an upgrade for the sake of it will be wrong. I hope they come up with a better reason; other than savior breaking.

I don’t understand why have Valt’s bey break if they do that they will suffer the consequences of what happened back in turbo
I hope Valkyrie is stolen. That'd be a nice edition to the plot
(Nov. 11, 2021  10:45 AM)Vtryuga Wrote:

May I ask which 3 characters?
Valkyrie might break. I don't understand why you people fear beys breaking. Beys breaking don't serve a purpose anymore. They just include it because that's the only good thing they can do at this point. It's literally a spiny top toy that you can just remake again. It's not going to make a difference. Look at the state Valkyrie is in, he is taking Ls constantly. Although I wouldn't hype up his evolution because since the writers are lazy, I can only assume Valkyrie will only learn 1 move and spam that move constantly over and over again.
I hope we get a new launch form from Valt with this Valkyrie. This one has been around since Cho-Z Valkyrie. I'll be totally fine with Aerial Boost(Dub name) too.
(Nov. 12, 2021  1:27 PM)Phengpegasus Wrote: Valkyrie might break. I don't understand why you people fear beys breaking. Beys breaking don't serve a purpose anymore. They just include it because that's the only good thing they can do at this point. It's literally a spiny top toy that you can just remake again. It's not going to make a difference. Look at the state Valkyrie is in, he is taking Ls constantly. Although I wouldn't hype up his evolution because since the writers are lazy, I can only assume Valkyrie will only learn 1 move and spam that move constantly over and over again.
Maybe just like lane, upgrade it without break.
First Smash, now Valkyrie, the spark that started my blading journey, is ending too.... Funny as both's most recent entry are called Ultimate and "everyone is here" gimmick
asking for a shu vs valt? here is your episode my guy and also the valt attack sequence where he goes to his previous season design was really cool tho too bad the brightness was down prob they afraid to not pass brightness test on tv since the the anime season also gets to aired on TV sometimes