Beyblade Burst DB Episode #28 (October 1, 2021)

(Oct. 05, 2021  4:44 PM)Makinghistory1 Wrote:
(Oct. 05, 2021  4:40 PM)WickedHero Wrote: Not sure Rashads bey yet. Since its too round but also probably round attack type bey. But overdrive bey system owner is definitely important to the plot

You think they would go with a Round Energy Layer than something more aggressive!
Rashad if turn out to really be the Antagonist will be very powerful and I’ll be expecting a RED DEVIL Bey With some Blades maybe a Valkyrie Gilty mix 🤔
One of many reason that i believe this is rashad bey because all season in burst, antagonist bey always released after MC bey got evolved. Well we might just wait oct 14 for corocoro comic released.
Does anyone think that Balkesh will get a new recolored avatar now that it has a new paint job

(Oct. 05, 2021  4:49 PM)WickedHero Wrote:
(Oct. 05, 2021  4:44 PM)Makinghistory1 Wrote: You think they would go with a Round Energy Layer than something more aggressive!
Rashad if turn out to really be the Antagonist will be very powerful and I’ll be expecting a RED DEVIL Bey With some Blades maybe a Valkyrie Gilty mix 🤔
One of many reason that i believe this is rashad bey because all season in burst, antagonist bey always released after MC bey got evolved. Well we might just wait oct 14 for corocoro comic released.
Maybe Regnar is his Valtryek evolved?
Saw that the redesigned Roar Bahamut had a purple Moment driver. This may possibly be in an upcoming release
(Sep. 12, 2021  10:01 AM)KIO Wrote:
(Sep. 11, 2021  4:13 PM)g2_ Wrote: Is that why Hasbro corrected them? Don't act like TT are gods, they have made plenty of mistakes. But I agree, I think this topic should end. Let's just agree to disagree.
Hasbro didn't "correct" Takara Tomy's spelling, this is being ignorant of the mechanics of Japanese.

Katakana is phonetic by nature, so translations are fluid. Words written in Katakana can have multiple translations because they're not words with literal meanings, they're spelling out the pronunciation of words from other languages.

レーン can be "Lane" as much as it can be "Lain", "Rain", or "Lean". It's the same situation as セイバー ("Saber", "Savior", “Saver”) and ロード ("Lord", "Load", “Road”); these are all valid translations. Lean is not an “incorrect” translation, but the translation chosen by Takara Tomy, despite how uncommon it is.

You can even see the reverse of this situation with Bell/Bel, where "Bell" is more commonly used to translate ベル, but Hasbro changes it to the less common "Bel".

But he is called Lain Valhalla in the English version, and Lean Walhalla in the Japanese one.
(Oct. 06, 2021  8:50 AM)GreaterLonginus Wrote:
(Sep. 12, 2021  10:01 AM)KIO Wrote: Hasbro didn't "correct" Takara Tomy's spelling, this is being ignorant of the mechanics of Japanese.

Katakana is phonetic by nature, so translations are fluid. Words written in Katakana can have multiple translations because they're not words with literal meanings, they're spelling out the pronunciation of words from other languages.

レーン can be "Lane" as much as it can be "Lain", "Rain", or "Lean". It's the same situation as セイバー ("Saber", "Savior", “Saver”) and ロード ("Lord", "Load", “Road”); these are all valid translations. Lean is not an “incorrect” translation, but the translation chosen by Takara Tomy, despite how uncommon it is.

You can even see the reverse of this situation with Bell/Bel, where "Bell" is more commonly used to translate ベル, but Hasbro changes it to the less common "Bel".

But he is called Lain Valhalla in the English version, and Lean Walhalla in the Japanese one.

Yes, that is KIO's point from what I understood of the discussion, Lean, Lain, Lane and even Rain are all valid translations, TT chose Lean as the English spelling and Hasbro chose Lain.