Beyblade Burst DB Episode #21 (August 13, 2021)

21) The Demon King Attacks! Bell VS Free!!
魔王襲撃! ベルVSフリー!!
Maō shūgeki! Beru VS Furī!!
Air Date: 2021/08/13
(Aug. 06, 2021  8:11 AM)Dasmind Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlqFu-63dMg
What is Illya up to with Valt
She wants to join the battle tour it seems like.
Well, R.I.P Free, advertisement is not doin you well buddy
F For free he was a good boi, but don't worry your buddies valt, shu & Lui will follow you next haha
F for free he lasted long before losing

advertisement did you dirty

but luckily, a certain albino and a blueberry will help you out (idk who's the other person)
Alright Free you got this!! If you lose to a rookie than your blading career is over
Bell is finally gonna beat Free this time, I guess Free will be satisfied if he lose against him. And Rashad might be pissed cuz Bell is fighting Free first.
(Aug. 06, 2021  6:10 PM)LegendJustice Wrote: Alright Free you got this!! If you lose to a rookie than your blading career is over

Bell is not a rookie.
IMO This battle probably wasn't the best choice, it would be a slight bit much if Bell beats Valt, Shu and Free within such a close time span but it would also be dumb if Bell lost to Free a third time. They should have had literally anyone else battle him.
Just hoping this battle is well paced unlike valt vs bell and bell vs rashad where the pacing is off and the battle feels sooo short
Anyone else feel like this season would be a lot more interesting if bell has some sort of legendary bey and he had to go on different journeys (preferably similar to the hell tower) to obtain the different gears leading up to the main antagonist?
(Aug. 07, 2021  12:02 AM)Zeutron Wrote: IMO This battle probably wasn't the best choice, it would be a slight bit much if Bell beats Valt, Shu and Free within such a close time span but it would also be dumb if Bell lost to Free a third time. They should have had literally anyone else battle him.

To be fair during his match with shu one can say he got lucky. Belial ring out Spriggan twice after an intense colision which belial also got puch out. Like they first ring out belial kind of got save by hitting the stadium before hitting the ground if it wasnt for that Spriggan probaly would've got that. The second one was a very close call i mean Bell even felt that the win kind of not a win so it kind of soften things a bit i guess . As for free the anime makes belial slightly stronger with the gears. Free will lose to a belial plus F, V & the new A gear thats a good lost And it seems like from the preview its a neck to neck battle. Normally i'm also against this Format cause as you mention Bell will beat 3 out 4 an basically little time but if they make it super close i think it will be fine (for Bell sake cause if not fans are not going to like it haha) but globally i do think the battle setting isnt the best choice too
(Aug. 06, 2021  6:10 PM)LegendJustice Wrote: Alright Free you got this!! If you lose to a rookie than your blading career is over

Free's gonna lose, no doubt about it, it's not even an opinion it's a 100% fact. If the writers do make Free somehow wins, I will literally go ballistic and not even write a review on it.
(Aug. 07, 2021  1:56 AM)UnseenBurst Wrote:

Free's gonna lose, no doubt about it, it's not even an opinion it's a 100% fact. If the writers do make Free somehow wins, I will literally go ballistic and not even write a review on it.

3 words
(Aug. 07, 2021  1:56 AM)UnseenBurst Wrote:

two words (prediction)
wonder how the battle will turn out seriously
(Aug. 07, 2021  1:32 AM)God Dragruler Wrote:
(Aug. 07, 2021  12:02 AM)Zeutron Wrote: IMO This battle probably wasn't the best choice, it would be a slight bit much if Bell beats Valt, Shu and Free within such a close time span but it would also be dumb if Bell lost to Free a third time. They should have had literally anyone else battle him.

To be fair during his match with shu one can say he got lucky. Belial ring out Spriggan twice after an intense colision which belial also got puch out. Like they first ring out belial kind of got save by hitting the stadium before hitting the ground if it wasnt for that Spriggan probaly would've got that. The second one was a very close call i mean Bell even felt that the win kind of not a win so it kind of soften things a bit i guess . As for free the anime makes belial slightly stronger with the gears. Free will lose to a belial plus F, V & the new A gear thats a good lost And it seems like from the preview its a neck to neck battle. Normally i'm also against this Format cause as you mention Bell will beat 3 out 4 an basically little time but if they make it super close i think it will be fine (for Bell sake cause if not fans are not going to like it haha) but globally i do think the battle setting isnt the best choice too

I feel like the gears also have certain weaknesses in the anime, the f gear also allows beys to exploit Belial and reverse spin steal/slow motion burst at certain times whilst v gear can be hard to control as we see in his initial battles.
one interesting thing about DB is that the Legends have had only, say, a few days at most to practice with their new Beys. I'm not sure if there have been any time skips in the season so far, but I'd say it's been about a week since Free made Fafnir. This presents an interesting power dynamic, since Bell's been using Belial for much longer, however the Legends haven't been using their beys very long but are innately much stronger. As the legends get more experience with their beys, and Bell makes new gears/gets stronger, it'll be interesting to see how the power levels turn out.
(Aug. 07, 2021  7:32 AM)StookyWaffles Wrote: one interesting thing about DB is that the Legends have had only, say, a few days at most to practice with their new Beys. I'm not sure if there have been any time skips in the season so far, but I'd say it's been about a week since Free made Fafnir. This presents an interesting power dynamic, since Bell's been using Belial for much longer, however the Legends haven't been using their beys very long but are innately much stronger. As the legends get more experience with their beys, and Bell makes new gears/gets stronger, it'll be interesting to see how the  power levels turn out.

Nice theory but Shu seems very experienced with Astral Spriggan tho
I guess Fafnir's Kick driver will be awakened. This might be a thing in anime (I saw Zankye's video, where he awakened Kick driver).
(Aug. 07, 2021  7:36 AM)LegendJustice Wrote:
(Aug. 07, 2021  7:32 AM)StookyWaffles Wrote: one interesting thing about DB is that the Legends have had only, say, a few days at most to practice with their new Beys. I'm not sure if there have been any time skips in the season so far, but I'd say it's been about a week since Free made Fafnir. This presents an interesting power dynamic, since Bell's been using Belial for much longer, however the Legends haven't been using their beys very long but are innately much stronger. As the legends get more experience with their beys, and Bell makes new gears/gets stronger, it'll be interesting to see how the  power levels turn out.

Nice theory but Shu seems very experienced with Astral Spriggan tho

True, we don't know when exactly Shu created Astral, only that it was after Lui lost back in ep 2, so probably around 2 weeks ago. That puts him making Astral probably before Free and maybe even before Ranzou made db beys
I...I honestly don't know what they were thinking when they pit these two against each other here. What the heck happened to Rashad earning the right to battle Free first? Where is that battle? And why pick Free of all people to show off the S-Gear? Couldn't they have given us a rematch against, say, Basara? I'm just confused about their choice of opponents, Bell doesn't even need to beat Free at this point...
Let's just hope the battle actually lasts for more than two minutes and a half so it makes up for the last 3 way-too-short ones...
(Aug. 07, 2021  12:52 PM)PinkRose Wrote: I...I honestly don't know what they were thinking when they pit these two against each other here. What the heck happened to Rashad earning the right to battle Free first? Where is that battle? And why pick Free of all people to show off the S-Gear? Couldn't they have given us a rematch against, say, Basara? I'm just confused about their choice of opponents, Bell doesn't even need to beat Free at this point...
Let's just hope the battle actually lasts for more than two minutes and a half so it makes up for the last 3 way-too-short ones...

They picked Free because they needed to show off how the free spin cancels out spin steal
(Aug. 07, 2021  9:14 AM)StookyWaffles Wrote:
(Aug. 07, 2021  7:36 AM)LegendJustice Wrote: Nice theory but Shu seems very experienced with Astral Spriggan tho

True, we don't know when exactly Shu created Astral, only that it was after Lui lost back in ep 2, so probably around 2 weeks ago. That puts him making Astral probably before Free and maybe even before Ranzou made db beys

I see