Beyblade Burst DB Episode #21 (August 13, 2021)

(Aug. 13, 2021  5:50 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Aug. 13, 2021  5:43 PM)Instarez Wrote: No, they didn't skip Bell vs. Rashad, that hasn't happened yet.
But it did happen and Rashad won.

Um, it didn't happen.
(Aug. 13, 2021  5:51 PM)UnseenBurst Wrote:
(Aug. 13, 2021  5:50 PM)g2_ Wrote: But it did happen and Rashad won.

Um, it didn't happen.

Yes, it did, in episode 19.
(Aug. 13, 2021  5:50 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Aug. 13, 2021  5:43 PM)Instarez Wrote: No, they didn't skip Bell vs. Rashad, that hasn't happened yet.
But it did happen and Rashad won.

My bad, I was under the impression it was skipped. If it happened, why are people complaining?

(Aug. 13, 2021  5:54 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Aug. 13, 2021  5:51 PM)UnseenBurst Wrote: Um, it didn't happen.

Yes, it did, in episode 19.

No, it didn't happen. They arranged it, but they just talked to each other. This will confuse people.
(Aug. 13, 2021  5:54 PM)Instarez Wrote:
(Aug. 13, 2021  5:50 PM)g2_ Wrote: But it did happen and Rashad won.

My bad, I was under the impression it was skipped. If it happened, why are people complaining?

(Aug. 13, 2021  5:54 PM)g2_ Wrote: Yes, it did, in episode 19.

No, it didn't happen. They arranged it, but they just talked to each other. This will confuse people.

Dude, Rashad already beat Bell.
(Aug. 13, 2021  5:55 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Aug. 13, 2021  5:54 PM)Instarez Wrote: My bad, I was under the impression it was skipped. If it happened, why are people complaining?

Dude, Rashad already beat Bell.

Oh my bad, I meant Free.
(Aug. 13, 2021  5:56 PM)Instarez Wrote:
(Aug. 13, 2021  5:55 PM)g2_ Wrote: Dude, Rashad already beat Bell.

Oh my bad, I meant Free.
Oh, yeah, Free and Rashad didn't battle.
(Aug. 13, 2021  5:58 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Aug. 13, 2021  5:56 PM)Instarez Wrote: Oh my bad, I meant Free.
Oh, yeah, Free and Rashad didn't battle.

Sorry for the confusion, but yeah. The battle happens later, they just confirmed it early.

This episode in particular is Bell breaking the rules and doing an outside of tournament battle, presumably to test the S Gear.

It's like if someone got into the semi finals due to winning a match, however they still have to go through other battles to see the other 3 participants.
(Aug. 13, 2021  3:58 PM)Instarez Wrote: I don't see why everyone's complaining now of all times, this has been happening since Cho-Z lmao.

*Ever since Sparking. Cho-Z's characters had clear objectives to work towards to, for example winning the Longinus cup would allow you to have an official battle with Lui, and that was before battling the legends lost all importance and everyone started doing it. Winning the Battle Cruise would allow you to do a title match with Valt, which a normal blader couldn't even dream of doing back then. Plus it had an actual subplot with Phi and Aiga doing his dark energy things. 

GT had them fight Fumiya for Victories' survival and then that tournament for a title match against Aiga (I'm only mentioning the first half of the series since Dynamite is also only halfway in.)

It wasn't until Sparking when they started handing out legend battles for free. Plus there was no champion anymore and the replacement (ranks) were abandoned like 8 episodes in, not to mention they never really made sense in the first place(in the anime). The zero-consequences part was really apparent when Lane beat Valt 1v1 and nothing has changed. They didn't start calling him number 1 or world champion or anything. No one simply cared.
(Aug. 13, 2021  6:12 PM)Limetka Wrote:
(Aug. 13, 2021  3:58 PM)Instarez Wrote: I don't see why everyone's complaining now of all times, this has been happening since Cho-Z lmao.

*Ever since Sparking. Cho-Z's characters had clear objectives to work towards to, for example winning the Longinus cup would allow you to have an official battle with Lui, and that was before battling the legends lost all importance and everyone started doing it. Winning the Battle Cruise would allow you to do a title match with Valt, which a normal blader couldn't even dream of doing back then. Plus it had an actual subplot with Phi and Aiga doing his dark energy things. 

GT had them fight Fumiya for Victories' survival and then that tournament for a title match against Aiga (I'm only mentioning the first half of the series since Dynamite is also only halfway in.)

It wasn't until Sparking when they started handing out legend battles for free. Plus there was no champion anymore and the replacement (ranks) were abandoned like 8 episodes in, not to mention they never really made sense in the first place(in the anime). The zero-consequences part was really apparent when Lane beat Valt 1v1 and nothing has changed. They didn't start calling him number 1 or world champion or anything. No one simply cared.

Ever since Burst, actually. The entire thing that kickstarted the plot was Shu's broadcast being conveniently on at the exact time they where cleaning so they didn't have school work in school, and Toko and Nika happening to have the tablet and check as soon as they show Shu. Afterwards Rantaro talks to Valt and he decides to get better. This one random occurrence is the backbone of Beyblade Burst.

Sparking had a very clear goal: Beat the legends. Ever since the beginning, Hyuga and Hikaru where aiming to be stronger than them. This is why they decided to keep being the situations where they can fight them, like the Legends Festival. Lain's goal wasn't about a title, it doesn't need to exist. He was just building Flare by battling. A title would not add anything to the plot. Also people cared, a lot. Everyone was shocked, Hikaru and Hyuga were sad for Valt. Shu was concerned, and his concern kickstarted the next arc. (It made him make World Spriggan to stop him since he had achieved an amount of Flare that made him seemingly unstable.) That's just a blatant lie.
DYNAMITE BOMBA is getting WAY too overused though
(Aug. 13, 2021  6:34 PM)Dread hades12 Wrote: DYNAMITE BOMBA is getting WAY too overused though

I don't think that's really a problem, it's Bell's most powerful moves and Belial's main move so it's being overused for a reason, just like Aiga's Breaker/Buster moves and Valt's Brave Sword.
(Aug. 13, 2021  6:30 PM)Instarez Wrote:
(Aug. 13, 2021  6:12 PM)Limetka Wrote: *Ever since Sparking. Cho-Z's characters had clear objectives to work towards to, for example winning the Longinus cup would allow you to have an official battle with Lui, and that was before battling the legends lost all importance and everyone started doing it. Winning the Battle Cruise would allow you to do a title match with Valt, which a normal blader couldn't even dream of doing back then. Plus it had an actual subplot with Phi and Aiga doing his dark energy things. 

Ever since Burst, actually. The entire thing that kickstarted the plot was Shu's broadcast being conveniently on at the exact time they where cleaning so they didn't have school work in school, and Toko and Nika happening to have the tablet and check as soon as they show Shu. Afterwards Rantaro talks to Valt and he decides to get better. This one random occurrence is the backbone of Beyblade Burst.

Sparking had a very clear goal: Beat the legends. Ever since the beginning, Hyuga and Hikaru where aiming to be stronger than them. This is why they decided to keep being the situations where they can fight them, like the Legends Festival. Lain's goal wasn't about a title, it doesn't need to exist. He was just building Flare by battling. A title would not add anything to the plot. Also people cared, a lot. Everyone was shocked, Hikaru and Hyuga were sad for Valt. Shu was concerned, and his concern kickstarted the next arc. (It made him make World Spriggan to stop him since he had achieved an amount of Flare that made him seemingly unstable.) That's just a blatant lie.
Beating the legends is a pretty specific goal, one you should have a reason for (I don't know, at least give Hikaru and Hyuga some backstory dealing with it or something). It's different from simply trying to be the best like in the first season, because back then every character had some actual motivation to achieve it. Valt had his promise with Shu that he tried so hard to keep. Shu also tried to do that + he wanted to get revenge at Lui. Kensuke, Wakiya and even the most minor character in the series Akira had some actual ambition that was very personal and you could easily sympathize with it.

In Sparking, the only character that has that is Shu, with trying to fix Lane. Every other character has nothing going for them that season. The twins want to beat the legends, no idea why but okay.. Lane to wants make his flare bigger by beating everyone, uhh dude you've literally beaten everyone already what now (also honestly: flare is stupid). The other characters just stand there and lose, outside of maybe the Sisco-trying-to-prove-himself-to-Free mini-arc that was like overall 10 minutes long.
(Aug. 13, 2021  7:33 PM)Limetka Wrote:
(Aug. 13, 2021  6:30 PM)Instarez Wrote: Ever since Burst, actually. The entire thing that kickstarted the plot was Shu's broadcast being conveniently on at the exact time they where cleaning so they didn't have school work in school, and Toko and Nika happening to have the tablet and check as soon as they show Shu. Afterwards Rantaro talks to Valt and he decides to get better. This one random occurrence is the backbone of Beyblade Burst.

Beating the legends is a pretty specific goal, one you should have a reason for (I don't know, at least give Hikaru and Hyuga some backstory dealing with it or something). It's different from simply trying to be the best like in the first season, because back then every character had some actual motivation to achieve it. Valt had his promise with Shu that he tried so hard to keep. Shu also tried to do that + he wanted to get revenge at Lui. Kensuke, Wakiya and even the most minor character in the series Akira had some actual ambition that was very personal and you could easily sympathize with it.

In Sparking, the only character that has that is Shu, with trying to fix Lane. Every other character has nothing going for them that season. The twins want to beat the legends, no idea why but okay.. Lane to wants make his flare bigger by beating everyone, uhh dude you've literally beaten everyone already what now (also honestly: flare is stupid). The other characters just stand there and lose, outside of maybe Sisco for the 10 minutes of screentime he was given.

You don't need a reason. It's like wanting to be the best at football. You like football, so you want to get good at it. Its really that simple. You don't need some sad, intricate backstory for wanting to be good at a sport. As for Lane he had a clear motivation, it was just left out of the anime.

Valt obviously needed a goal because he was beating 1, specific person. Why him, well they're friends and all. Aiga, wanted to beat one specific guy. Why? Well, they had an encounter that got him fired up. For Drum, he just want's Gold Turbo cause it's cool, and wants to make Dragon the strongest, simply because of their bond. Hikaru and Hyuga want to beat a group. Why, they're the strongest. They just want to be good at the thing they like. It's not rocket science.
Well when you say it like that you do have a pretty good point
(Aug. 13, 2021  7:38 PM)Instarez Wrote:
(Aug. 13, 2021  7:33 PM)Limetka Wrote: Beating the legends is a pretty specific goal, one you should have a reason for (I don't know, at least give Hikaru and Hyuga some backstory dealing with it or something). It's different from simply trying to be the best like in the first season, because back then every character had some actual motivation to achieve it. Valt had his promise with Shu that he tried so hard to keep. Shu also tried to do that + he wanted to get revenge at Lui. Kensuke, Wakiya and even the most minor character in the series Akira had some actual ambition that was very personal and you could easily sympathize with it.

In Sparking, the only character that has that is Shu, with trying to fix Lane. Every other character has nothing going for them that season. The twins want to beat the legends, no idea why but okay.. Lane to wants make his flare bigger by beating everyone, uhh dude you've literally beaten everyone already what now (also honestly: flare is stupid). The other characters just stand there and lose, outside of maybe Sisco for the 10 minutes of screentime he was given.

You don't need a reason. It's like wanting to be the best at football. You like football, so you want to get good at it. Its really that simple. You don't need some sad, intricate backstory for wanting to be good at a sport. As for Lane he had a clear motivation, it was just left out of the anime.

Valt obviously needed a goal because he was beating 1, specific person. Why him, well they're friends and all. Aiga, wanted to beat one specific guy. Why? Well, they had an encounter that got him fired up. For Drum, he just want's Gold Turbo cause it's cool, and wants to make Dragon the strongest, simply because of their bond. Hikaru and Hyuga want to beat a group. Why, they're the strongest. They just want to be good at the thing they like. It's not rocket science.
touche!
(Aug. 13, 2021  7:33 PM)Limetka Wrote: Beating the legends is a pretty specific goal, one you should have a reason for (I don't know, at least give Hikaru and Hyuga some backstory dealing with it or something). It's different from simply trying to be the best like in the first season, because back then every character had some actual motivation to achieve it. Valt had his promise with Shu that he tried so hard to keep. Shu also tried to do that + he wanted to get revenge at Lui. Kensuke, Wakiya and even the most minor character in the series Akira had some actual ambition that was very personal and you could easily sympathize with it.

I don't think they ever wanted some sad or edgy backstory for Hikaru and Hyuga, but at least an explanation as to why they want to beat the legends. Also, they're also asking for the Sparking anime to give us a reason to root for the brothers above everyone in their respective season, outside of "cuz they're the good guys".

The only reasons I could ever think of for them at all is that Lean broke their beys, but then Ranjiro also had his bey trashed by Lean so should we also root for him to win above everyone else? Who knows. And the second reason I could think of was that the brothers are the only ones capable of satisfying Lean's thirst for flare, but even that's a huge stretch. Other than that, why should I root for Hyuga and Hikaru to win above everyone else, when I could also be rooting for Rantaro or Drum to win? The anime never really gives us a reason.

Every Beyblade protagonist before them had some sort of drive, motivation or reason to root for them above everyone else they face. Even Zero from Zero-G, the blandest main character, had a motivation or reason for why we should be rooting for him to win above everyone else. He made a promise to surpass Ginga, and also had to rescue said person at the hands of the main villains.

EDIT - Actually, one could argue that it's because Hikaru and Hyuga are underdogs who have to face against a group of legends and top class bladers. That would've been a reasonable reason to root for them above everyone else, except Ranjiro also started off as an underdog so it gets a bit fuzzy there.
(Aug. 13, 2021  7:48 PM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote:
(Aug. 13, 2021  7:38 PM)Instarez Wrote: You don't need a reason. It's like wanting to be the best at football. You like football, so you want to get good at it. Its really that simple. You don't need some sad, intricate backstory for wanting to be good at a sport. As for Lane he had a clear motivation, it was just left out of the anime.

I don't think they ever wanted some sad or edgy backstory for Hikaru and Hyuga, but at least an explanation as to why they want to beat the legends. Also, they're also asking for the Sparking anime to give us a reason to root for the brothers above everyone in their respective season, outside of "cuz they're the good guys".

The only reasons I could ever think of for them at all is that Lean broke their beys, but then Ranjiro also had his bey trashed by Lean so should we also root for him to win above everyone else? Who knows. And the second reason I could think of was that the brothers are the only ones capable of satisfying Lean's thirst for flare, but even that's a huge stretch. Other than that, why should I root for Hyuga and Hikaru to win above everyone else, when I could also be rooting for Rantaro or Drum to win? The anime never really gives us a reason.

Every Beyblade protagonist before them had some sort of drive, motivation or reason to root for them above everyone else they face. Even Zero from Zero-G, the blandest main character, had a motivation or reason for why we should be rooting for him to win above everyone else. He made a promise to surpass Ginga, and also had to rescue said person at the hands of the main villains.

EDIT - Actually, one could argue that it's because Hikaru and Hyuga are underdogs who have to face against a group of legends and top class bladers. That would've been a reasonable reason to root for them above everyone else, except Ranjiro also started off as an underdog so it gets a bit fuzzy there.

The explanation was clearly shown, they were inspired by the battle. Also us wanting to root for Hikaru and Hyuga is huge misconception. There is lots of moments like with Silas (just example, not the exact same) that make you feel bad that the rivals lost, despite that meaning the protagonists get to progress. It's not about rooting for Hyuga and Hikaru specifically. You can if you want.

Another example is Ranjiro. He doesn't matter, him not joining doesn't mean anything for Hikaru and Hyuga. But you still feel bad for him.
(Aug. 13, 2021  7:58 PM)Instarez Wrote:
(Aug. 13, 2021  7:48 PM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote:

The explanation was clearly shown, they were inspired by the battle. Also us wanting to root for Hikaru and Hyuga is huge misconception. There is lots of moments like with Silas that make you feel bad that the rivals lost, despite that meaning the protagonists get to progress. It's not about rooting for Hyuga and Hikaru specifically. You can if you want.

Isn't this just basically admitting that characterization means nothing and that the Asahi brothers are nothing but just advertising boys for their beys? If they're the main characters of the story, we are following them, and therefore, we'd like some kind of reason to root for them. I wouldn't even mind if they were inspired only by a battle and it made them want to be good, as long as they have good characterization, that's all that matters. Do they though? In my opinion, no, they're just the designated main characters because the anime said so, their characterization is weaker than MFB Blader DJ's blading skills. People like to criticize Zero for being bland and unengaging, but the Asahi brothers display the same problems.
(Aug. 13, 2021  8:06 PM)Jinbee Wrote:
(Aug. 13, 2021  7:58 PM)Instarez Wrote: The explanation was clearly shown, they were inspired by the battle. Also us wanting to root for Hikaru and Hyuga is huge misconception. There is lots of moments like with Silas that make you feel bad that the rivals lost, despite that meaning the protagonists get to progress. It's not about rooting for Hyuga and Hikaru specifically. You can if you want.

Isn't this just basically admitting that characterization means nothing and that the Asahi brothers are nothing but just advertising boys for their beys? If they're the main characters of the story, we are following them, and therefore, we'd like some kind of reason to root for them. I wouldn't even mind if they were inspired only by a battle and it made them want to be good, as long as they have good characterization, that's all that matters. Do they though? In my opinion, no, they're just the designated main characters because the anime said so, their characterization is weaker than MFB Blader DJ's blading skills. People like to criticize Zero for being bland and unengaging, but the Asahi brothers display the same problems.

You don't have to root for the protagonists. Lots of pieces of media are praised due to having strong moments with other characters. Take Haikyu for example. You want both teams to win at the same time. That doesn't mean you have to reason to cheer for the main team, meaning they have worthless characterization and are shells made for ads only.

Call me shallow but I need some stakes (even if it's in the form of rankings or titles) to make it interesting and having friendly battles over and over gets boring fast. Hiro Morita based Beyblade on boxing, which has multiple leagues and rankings that make it interesting (at least to me lol).
all of this fighting doesnt even pertain to Beyblade Burst DB Episode 21 first of all
you can argue about this in Beyblade Random Thoughts

secondly everyone has their own perspectives on things so maybe we can just agree to disagree, yeah?
(Aug. 13, 2021  7:58 PM)Instarez Wrote:
(Aug. 13, 2021  7:48 PM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote: I don't think they ever wanted some sad or edgy backstory for Hikaru and Hyuga, but at least an explanation as to why they want to beat the legends. Also, they're also asking for the Sparking anime to give us a reason to root for the brothers above everyone in their respective season, outside of "cuz they're the good guys".

The explanation was clearly shown, they were inspired by the battle. Also us wanting to root for Hikaru and Hyuga is huge misconception. There is lots of moments like with Silas that make you feel bad that the rivals lost, despite that meaning the protagonists get to progress. It's not about rooting for Hyuga and Hikaru specifically. You can if you want.

Yeah, their starting points of them being inspired by the battle they saw in the first episode is fine. But that's the starting point, give us more as the series goes along (something even Aiga was able to give).

Okay, but if we're not supposed to root for Hyuga and Hikaru above everyone else, why bother having them as main characters? Let alone new main characters. Why bother following and focusing their journey to become stronger?

If what you're saying about how we aren't supposed to root for specific characters over everyone else is true, then Sparking should've just not bothered with new main characters. You might as well just have all of the characters be the main character and take turns on focus episodes.
(Aug. 13, 2021  8:10 PM)Limetka Wrote:
(Aug. 13, 2021  7:38 PM)Instarez Wrote: You don't need a reason. It's like wanting to be the best at football. You like football, so you want to get good at it. Its really that simple. You don't need some sad, intricate backstory for wanting to be good at a sport. As for Lane he had a clear motivation, it was just left out of the anime.

Call me shallow but I need some stakes (even if it's in the form of rankings or titles) to make it interesting and having friendly battles over and over gets boring fast. Hiro Morita based Beyblade on boxing, which has multiple leagues and rankings that make it interesting (at least to me lol).

First, I didn't call you shallow. Second, there are stakes. First of all, the more battles Lain wins, the more his flare grows and that's a bad thing since he gets more and more unstable. The more the brothers lose, the farther away they are from their goal. Every Legend they become stronger than is  more step to completing their goal.

(Aug. 13, 2021  8:12 PM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote:
(Aug. 13, 2021  7:58 PM)Instarez Wrote: The explanation was clearly shown, they were inspired by the battle. Also us wanting to root for Hikaru and Hyuga is huge misconception. There is lots of moments like with Silas that make you feel bad that the rivals lost, despite that meaning the protagonists get to progress. It's not about rooting for Hyuga and Hikaru specifically. You can if you want.

Yeah, their starting points of them being inspired by the battle they saw in the first episode is fine. But that's the starting point, give us more as the series goes along (something even Aiga was able to give).

Okay, but if we're not supposed to root for Hyuga and Hikaru above everyone else, why bother having them as main characters? Let alone new main characters. Why bother following and focusing their journey to become stronger?

If what you're saying about how we aren't supposed to root for specific characters over everyone else is true, then Sparking should've just not bothered with new main characters. You might as well just have all of the characters be the main character and take turns on focus episodes.

If you're mad about this, go argue about Haikyu or something. Rooting for multiple teams in itself is good writing. Normally antagonists just need to be beaten, but given them actual characters which make you feel bad, is called good writing.

First you guys are mad due to lack of characterization, now you're made because of too much characterization? Should everyone that's not the protagonist be blank slates, to put more focus on the protagonists?
(Aug. 13, 2021  8:13 PM)Instarez Wrote:
(Aug. 13, 2021  8:10 PM)Limetka Wrote: Call me shallow but I need some stakes (even if it's in the form of rankings or titles) to make it interesting and having friendly battles over and over gets boring fast. Hiro Morita based Beyblade on boxing, which has multiple leagues and rankings that make it interesting (at least to me lol).

First, I didn't call you shallow. Second, there are stakes. First of all, the more battles Lain wins, the more his flare grows and that's a bad thing since he gets more and more unstable. The more the brothers lose, the farther away they are from their goal. Every Legend they become stronger than is  more step to completing their goal.

(Aug. 13, 2021  8:12 PM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote: Yeah, their starting points of them being inspired by the battle they saw in the first episode is fine. But that's the starting point, give us more as the series goes along (something even Aiga was able to give).

If you're mad about this, go argue about Haikyu or something. Rooting for multiple teams in itself is good writing. Normally antagonists just need to be beaten, but given them actual characters which make you feel bad, is called good writing.

But Lane has already beaten everyone by episode 35. What else was there for him to do? Shu feared he would get more unstable but  I feel like he even got more chill in the next few episodes after that (compared to when we first met him). How do you even make your Flare bigger when it already should be at it's max since I assume it get bigger by beating strong people.