Beyblade Burst DB Episode #21 (August 13, 2021)

(Aug. 07, 2021  12:52 PM)PinkRose Wrote: I...I honestly don't know what they were thinking when they pit these two against each other here. What the heck happened to Rashad earning the right to battle Free first? Where is that battle? And why pick Free of all people to show off the S-Gear? Couldn't they have given us a rematch against, say, Basara? I'm just confused about their choice of opponents, Bell doesn't even need to beat Free at this point...
Let's just hope the battle actually lasts for more than two minutes and a half so it makes up for the last 3 way-too-short ones...

I am leaning towards agreement here. This seems a little weird on my end, honestly. I personally feel like at this rate, DB is going to be well-known for its weird and sucky battles (quick, the opponent choices, etc.). Or maybe it already is; but from this, we can see that its even more emphasized
Exactly; it just feels so random to shove Bell in all for the sake of advertising the S-Gear. Couldn't they just wait for, I don't know, an episode or two?
As I usually mention, Burst really does a good job reminding viewers that its just one giant, obvious commercial. The advertising was still there in the previous Beyblade series (and in plenty of other toy anime), but Burst moves itself along based on whatever they can advertise. I lost all my surprise years ago
My opinion on this episode:

At least we will get to see Ilya's Ifrit(or) in the next episode, alongside a Battle Royale. I bet that either Ilya will win or Bell/Rashad. Of course Ilya will only win because of her debut, but in the rest of the season she will get humiliated by Bell's/Belial's gears and Rashad's Valkyrie. Lol, I'm just waiting on it.
I’m surprised, this episode came out better than I initially thought.

(Aug. 13, 2021  9:30 AM)PinkRose Wrote: I’m surprised, this episode came out better than I initially thought.

The time we all thought that Illya was related to Shu...
Man this is so stupid, I don't mind Bell battling Free if it at least had some impact on the story but this was again so random. The reason we spent another episode on Bell vs Free was because Free made fun of Bell in his dream? Seriously?? Plus again zero consequences. Did everyone forget that Bell's beaten Valt? Shouldn't he be like, I don't know the world champion or number 1 legend if he's beaten LITERALLY THE STRONGEST BLADER ON EARTH? But no one seems to care. So now he beat Free but the story wouldn't have changed at all even if he had lost. There's no story or theme it feels like I've been watching the same episode for the past 15 weeks.
(Aug. 13, 2021  10:51 AM)Limetka Wrote: Man this is so stupid, I don't mind Bell battling Free if it at least had some impact on the story but this was again so random. The reason we spent another episode on Bell vs Free was because Free made fun of Bell in his dream? Seriously?? Plus again zero consequences. Did everyone forget that Bell's beaten Valt? Shouldn't he be like, I don't know the world champion or number 1 legend if he's beaten LITERALLY THE STRONGEST BLADER ON EARTH? But no one seems to care.  So now he beat Free but the story wouldn't have changed at all even if he had lost. There's no story or theme it feels like I've been watching the same episode for the past 15 weeks.

I gotta agree here. This battle was inconsequential. The writers should have given us Rashad vs Free instead of this unnecessary battle. I also hate the fact that free doesnt even seem remotely pissed off that he lost or that he was taunted. Heck I dont even see him wanting to get stronger like Shu ( who said in the last episode that he will beat Bell the next time).  Also DB is heading down the same path as sparking, "lets challenge all the legendary bladers" which while fine gets really boring really fast.
(Aug. 13, 2021  10:59 AM)Vtryuga Wrote:
(Aug. 13, 2021  10:51 AM)Limetka Wrote: Man this is so stupid, I don't mind Bell battling Free if it at least had some impact on the story but this was again so random. The reason we spent another episode on Bell vs Free was because Free made fun of Bell in his dream? Seriously?? Plus again zero consequences. Did everyone forget that Bell's beaten Valt? Shouldn't he be like, I don't know the world champion or number 1 legend if he's beaten LITERALLY THE STRONGEST BLADER ON EARTH? But no one seems to care.  So now he beat Free but the story wouldn't have changed at all even if he had lost. There's no story or theme it feels like I've been watching the same episode for the past 15 weeks.

I gotta agree here. This battle was inconsequential. The writers should have given us Rashad vs Free instead of this unnecessary battle. I also hate the fact that free doesnt even seem remotely pissed off that he lost or that he was taunted. Heck I dont even see him wanting to get stronger like Shu ( who said in the last episode that he will beat Bell the next time).  Also DB is heading down the same path as sparking, "lets challenge all the legendary bladers" which while fine gets really boring really fast.
The girl blader come to rescue, Bell too rash on showing skills, but he is different than lane, maybe Rashad can beat Bell with the new Bey and we can see what development of Bell.
Episode review
After this im gonna take a break from beyblade and the community as a whole but it's until the story started to get good
(Aug. 13, 2021  11:22 AM)Needforspeed Wrote: Episode review
After this im gonna take a break from beyblade and the community as a whole but it's until the story started to get good
Needforspeed The girl blader will come to rescue, Bell too rash on showing skills, but he is different than lane, maybe Rashad can beat Bell with the new Bey and we can see what development of Bell.
the S-gear wasn't really focused on more than anything else was, all the gears lit up not just the s gear. Besides that, Free is on a higher level than basara so even though bell lost to him too I'm sure he'd rather face someone stronger than someone he could literally battle anytime he wanted. As for the rashad and free potatoes idk what's going on with that.
aw yeah can't wait to watch this!

I'm honestly in the same boat with you. This Dynamite Battle Tour is lame. Nonsensical things happening and the story being short changed in the name of advertisement. Not advancing plot and character forward at the same time. I'm honestly sick of "defeat the legends" Not the biggest fan of DB so far. It feels like there's no real story here, just stuff happening. I haven't posted on here in a little bit because I too have decided to take a little break from Beyblade and the community at large.
I don't see why everyone's complaining now of all times, this has been happening since Cho-Z lmao.
Had the same problems with Turbo, although Turbo was worse imo. Enjoyed Rise.
(Aug. 13, 2021  3:42 PM)Admiral W Wrote:

I'm honestly in the same boat with you. This Dynamite Battle Tour is lame. Nonsensical things happening and the story being short changed in the name of advertisement. Not advancing plot and character forward at the same time. I'm honestly sick of "defeat the legends" Not the biggest fan of DB so far. It feels like there's no real story here, just stuff happening. I haven't posted on here in a little bit because I too have decided to take a little break from Beyblade and the community at large.

I agree This tour don't make any sense
Beyblade fans when the series meant to sell toys is a series meant to sell toys
(Aug. 13, 2021  3:58 PM)Instarez Wrote: I don't see why everyone's complaining now of all times, this has been happening since Cho-Z lmao.

maybe because it started getting real
Warning, I will be talking about this episode of Beyblade Burst DB, if you haven't watched it yet, don't click this, I hold no responsibilities for Spoilers.
Here's the summary so people can finally understand what's going on.
Bell has completed his S Gear. With the upgraded Belial in hand, he heads to the forest of BC Sol. There, he finds Free, who is preparing for a battle with Rashad. Bell breaks the rules of the tourney and decides to battle! Belial, wearing his S-Gear, bounces back Fafnir, and the two circle around each other. Fafnir responds with spinning absorption and counter moves, while Belial attacks with the features of F-Gear, V-Gear, and S-Gear!

No, they didn't skip Free vs. Rashad, that hasn't happened yet. No, this isn't apart of the Tournament, it's just a random battle. No, they aren't doing whatever they want, they clearly have the whole thing planned.
(Aug. 13, 2021  5:43 PM)Instarez Wrote: No, they didn't skip Bell vs. Rashad, that hasn't happened yet.
But it did happen and Rashad won.