Beyblade Burst Competitive Combos List & Public Discussion [TENTATIVE]

(Sep. 11, 2017  8:17 PM)Mage Wrote:
(Sep. 11, 2017  7:56 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote: I would say instead of banning atomic there should be a limited format for burst where aC,GK,gZ,dF,lS,D2 and atomic should be banned .whereas they would still be allowed in the standard format

But then mG wold be spammed, or D

Oh i forgot to mention mG there thanks for reminding.as for d i dont think it will be spammed much bcuz there will be alot of attack type layers that would counter it eg minoborus and valkryie and i am quite sure bR would do good against D too
(Sep. 11, 2017  11:10 AM)1234beyblade Wrote:
(Sep. 11, 2017  10:08 AM)ZYeYO Wrote: why is Guardian Kerbeus on the list it has the worst teeth in the god series pair it up aginst bR in a same combo set up and bR wins 99% of the time I do not understand why he's on the list.

A mold god chip, that's all you need and it becomes pretty tight, even gZ doesn't win consistently against A mold God Chip gK so there's no way bR would stand a chance.

Just want to add a few things I feel are necessary after playing in Beyham 4.0

Variable should be added to lS as it literally destroys everything stationary.  So if more people could test this out and confirm mine and keis testings that would be great.  The variable has to be on the second set of teeth.

If Variable becomes a thing mobile defense would need to be added because it just dominates everything else on the tier list I listed  previously.  'x' layer on zephyr possibly and L2/dF hold would become a thing, but I doubt it because lSs speed and smash power would probably burst it on contact.  

So yeah if anyone has the skill to use Variable like it's an Xtreme that would help determine the list further thanks my guys.

Also Kei brought up a good point about gK atomic that I didn't think about.  Usually it's used on Revolve to counter mG but now that a launch strat was developed to counter gK on revolve Kei brought up if gK on Atomic would have a better chance of winning against mG since the stall like strategy no longer applies so I will test that out later to see if it's true.

One last thing, the tier list literally has atomic on every combo I feel like something needs to be done about that lol, maybe something I said a month ago.

thank you for shining some light on my question makes sense now.
How is orbit and atomic balance? I thought they were defense.
(Sep. 11, 2017  11:55 PM)ptf606 Wrote: How is orbit and atomic balance? I thought they were defense.

They're marketed as Defense and both are pretty good for defense but they both are good for other purposes. Their stamina is pretty good and so is it's KO resistance, thus it's considered that it can be used in Balance combos.
For balance I use a defence layer an attack disc and a stamina driver
I feel like banning Atomic would be unreasonable, but that's my opinion. Unban D and (maybe) D2. Would dF be of any use in defense?
Is orbit any good still now that we have atomic? (dumb question ik)
(Sep. 16, 2017  7:50 PM)amidamaru Wrote: Is orbit any good still now that we have atomic? (dumb question ik)

No.
(Sep. 16, 2017  7:56 PM)Basalt Fox Wrote:
(Sep. 16, 2017  7:50 PM)amidamaru Wrote: Is orbit any good still now that we have atomic? (dumb question ik)

No.

I remember someone saying that L2.4G.O could outspin dF
If that's true then O could have some use
Orbit is good for deck format it is also a bit more defensive than Atomic (feels tighter on mG and generally can take his better). Also that L2 combo only got a bit of Fame at AN where everyone used Polish on dF which doesn't have enough stamina to compete with that L2 combo but ever since 4G At got introduced as the better option it didn't really compete.
Should I buy sX or should I stick with the previous X?
(Sep. 29, 2017  1:00 AM)Izhkoort Wrote: Should I buy sX or should I stick with the previous X?

sX is really good. All of it's parts have shown promise. It's a very strong attacker.
is gK better with Heavy or 4Glaive?
(Oct. 01, 2017  3:33 PM)DaJetsnake Wrote: is gK better with Heavy or 4Glaive?

4Glaive is way better in my opinion and it also depends on the combo that you are using Guardian Kerbeus for and also on what parts you have of course.
Finally deciding to post in this topic, here's a proposed update that's based on 1234beyblade's list here:

Attack
  • Legend Spriggan 4/7 (Meteor) Xtreme/Variable
  • (Metal God Chip) Sieg Xcalibur 7/4 Glaive/Meteor Atomic/Revolve/Ωcta
  • (Metal God Chip) Twin Nemesis (Upper Mode) 7/4 (Glaive/Meteor)/Knuckle Accel/Zephyr/Iron

Got rid of the Burst/KO Split for now since at this point in time, most of the top-tier Attackers excel at both KOing and bursting opponents (like, sX is on a Burst Attack setup but still mainly KOs things). Maybe the need for this distinction will arise again at some point in the future, but for now I don't think it's as mandatory as it was during the Dual Layer era.

lS is pretty self-explanatory at this point, it has a pretty good shot at beating everything with a good Sliding Shoot. I included Sieg Xcalibur in only stationary/semi-mobile setups since according to most people it seems to perform better in those rather than on mobile setups. Ωcta was added as it's the heaviest Driver (though this might be a more balancey setup since it's probably also really hard to beat with Attack). Twin Nemesis doesn't have a whole lot of testing or tournament results, but from what I've heard from other competitive players and seen in footage of tournaments it seems to be a pretty solid mixed Attacker.

Things that need to be considered/looked into more:
  • Valkyrie (and possibly Roktavor) Burst Attack: capable of defeating Maximum Garuda (and therefore, also Guardian Kerbeus and Deathscyther), and also having a good chance against D2. Semi-mobile setups like Valkyrie/Roktavor Heavy/Knuckle/Armed/Down/7 Orbit/Weight/Needle would probably be more viable than pure stationary ones like Revolve or Yielding, just for a higher chance of hitting Atomic when it tries to stall you out.
  • Galazy Zeus on Iron: Played a few rounds with this at the NYC events during free play and liked it for the most part - it's a pretty solid Mixed Attacker that is capable of bursting most opponents and is a lot safer to stall than the Atomic variant if you're up against something that you can't burst/can burst you (though it obviously loses to left spin more than Atomic does).
  • Hunter: This needs to be tested more. Theoretically, due to its smaller surface area it holds advantages over Xtreme (less chance of self-bursting, higher chance of bursting the opponent, easier to control, slightly more Stamina) that would be useful in the current meta.
  • 2Cross on Sieg Xcalibur: It lines up pretty well, but needs to be tested. (no one better say "if its not 4/7G/M it's not going to be as good and its not worth testing")
  • Stationary/Semi-mobile lS (also lS on Iron): If it's that good at bursting things on Xtreme, it should only do better on a setup that's more equipped to burst the opponent.
  • Planet/βite on sX: Needs testing. βite could work as a RB Attack-esque combo, and I think I remember @[Jimmyjazz39] saying Planet was decent?
  • Merge/Trans: Both are kind of similar in that they would allow lS and sX to switch between stationary and mobile movement patterns, I'm just not sure how reliable they are anymore (especially Merge with the being unable to control the mode change).

Defense
  • (Metal God Chip) Alter Chronos 4/7Glaive Atomic/Unite/βite/Orbit
  • (Metal God Chip) Maximum Garuda 4/7Glaive Orbit

Compared to other viable non-Attack Layers like mG, gK, and D2, aC seems to be the best choice vs Attack. Atomic would be used for more coverage vs left spin and sX as it has the precession and can stall out sX, while Orbit increases Burst Defense and can also stall out sX. Unite and βite might be needed for the extra KO Defense boost to beat lS on Xtreme or Variable, though.

mG Orbit was included as Defense since Orbit is used to reduce the chance of it bursting, though it doesn't outspin as many things and apparently doesn't beat all dF combos? I always thought mG was just so fat that it would outprecess any left spin combo, is that not the case?

• Gigant Gaia/Kreis Satan: Apparently these two are around the same in terms of Defensive power, but G2 has more Stamina? Are they more difficult to KO/Burst than Alter Chronos (which already gets outspun by Stamina combos as it is)?
  • Ωcta: It's super heavy, which would make it hard to KO, but easy to burst. Is that weight a better/worse tradeoff than βite's grip (I would imagine Ωcta has better Stamina at the very least), and is Ωcta viable?
  • Drain Fafnir on βite: How is βite's Precession? I would imagine between βite's grip and a weak launch dF βite would shut down a lot of right spin Attackers.

Stamina
  • Guardian Kerbeus/Deathscyther/Odin Ωuter/Gravity/Knuckle/Yell/Spread Revolve
  • Dark Deathscyther Gravity/Ωuter/Yell 4/7Glaive/ Atomic
  • (Metal God Chip) Drain Fafnir Ωuter/Yell Revolve
  • (Metal God Chip) Drain Fafnir 4/7Glaive/Polish/Ωuter Atomic

gK.Ω.R has been shown to outspin Maximum Garuda on Atomic even if the mG user stalls. Deathscyther Revolve can also outspin mG Atomic, and Odin has similar Stamina to Deathscyther while also being more difficult to burst. D2 has been relegated to Stamina/Destabilization now that more defensive options like aC, mG, and bR exist, though Kei mentioned that it can outspin everything short of gK and mG (and also Deathscyther/Odin, but we knew that from before the ban). dF has two main setups that I think need to be listed separately - one that you use against right spin, and one that you use against opposing dF. Aside from Ωuter, Polish is still the best LAD Disk in that dF.P.At can outspin right spin 4/7G.At while dF.4/7G.At cannot. For that reason, I think it should still be included even if its same spin performance is lacking.

Although Ωuter is probably the objective best Disk for Stamina at the moment, it's so ridiculously hard to obtain that a few other options (that also get the job done) should probably be listed as well. Gravity has still a high amount of Stamina, though I'm not sure if it can beat 4/7G in same spin. Spread and Knuckle both have better Stamina than Heavy, and also offer some LAD and Burst Defense advantages respectively. Yell is mainly used against opposite spin.

• Defense on the Deathscyther/gK/Odin combos: These are designed to defeat Maximum Garuda, and Defense might be able to help it resist the destabilization from Atomic.
  • Acid Anubis: Where does this thing stand in relation to Deathscyther/Odin/gK? IIRC it could also OS mG on Atomic, just not as consistently as gK could, meaning it's probably on the same level as Odin/Deathscyther...
  • Iron: Probably a long shot since opposite spin is so prevalent nowadays, but could Iron be used in a Tornado Staller?

Balance
  • (Metal God Chip) Maximum Garuda 4/7Glaive/Ωuter Atomic
  • (Metal God Chip) Galaxy Zeus 4/7Glaive Atomic/Orbit
  • (Metal God Chip) Drain Fafnir 4/7Glaive/2Cross/Ωuter Ωcta
  • Lost Longinus 4/7Glaive Hold/Orbit/Atomic

Pretty self explanatory, mG and dF are Defense/Stamina hybrids that also perform well against opposite spin, while L2 and gZ are more balancey as they also have some offensive capabilities. The super-heavy sX combo might also need to be moved here, since it's more of an Attack/Defense hybrid than a pure Attacker.

Calling all other active competitive players to post their thoughts on this list here: @[Kei] @[1234beyblade] @[Sniper] @[Yami] @[~Mana~] @[Basedsamuraij] @[ThaKingTai] @[Alta] @[JoJo [Jp0t]] @[Achi-baba] @[King Loofa] and probably a few others that I missed - is there any changes you think should be made to this or anything you disagree with?
Ok, so I just did some rounds with aC.4G.At/R and dF.P.β
βite didn't have enough precession to beat Atomic AND Revolve
Since I had sO right next to me I figured, why not try that too?
It turns out that sO.4G.At can deal with dF.P.At pretty well
If someone else could try that would be great as Atomic Drivers are probably the ones that very the most
i never said anything about planet actually lol. i have no god beys
I've tried sX on Planet and it works pretty similarly to sX Trans, just with more risk of loosing due to stamina loss at the very beginning of battle since both the layer and driver are unbalanced as all getout. Although since Oct is getting some traction I'm wondering if Planet can find a home as the common man's alternative to Oct? Idk...

sX Trans is very good from what I've tried, but I'm not sure about Merge. Trans benefits from being one tip or the other (ideally at least, sometimes it switches on battle and it's annoying :p), whereas Merge/Unite can change at any moment, which is a lot less consistent.

I also wholeheartedly agree on 2Cross for sX, 2 and Cross already have good synergy and coupling that with the way it syncs up with sX is beautiful. I think 7Cross would also work well for that purpose too, but whatever. :p

As for Bite, I think aC and G2 on Bite are worth trying out for KO Defense, but I personally feel G2 is a bit too light to deal with the current triage of heavyweight attackers. Bite's presecion isn't anywhere near Revolve, Atomic, or even Defence's range though, it's a bit of a skinny boi haha.

Those are just a few thoughts though. I think this list is pretty good!
i think roktavor on extreme can do well against aC atomic becuz of its shape.also,roktavor extreme did good against dF atomic which in my opinion a better defense type
I think sX on Octa/Atomic should be balance. I know it still aims as KO and bursting but still it can OS stuff so it should be considered as a balance type
has anyone tried cycle on dF?i could be viable
Does that L2GW worth adding to list? I think @[Kei} used it at tournament while ago. I think it can be good counter to dF while being a pure defence and KO stamina types (it might not beat top defence of now though). with that said anyone tried L2 on Atomic at all? I imagine it would work better then dF due to better defence, larger contact points to spin steal from and KO opponents

Note:- L2_W does best in 2 person match from my experince
(Oct. 20, 2017  10:02 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: has anyone tried cycle on dF?i could be viable
It's not really that good since Cycle often scrapes and just burns stamina, which is way worse considering how dF spin equalizes very inefficiently instead of the far superior L Drago.
(Oct. 20, 2017  11:44 AM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: Does that L2GW worth adding to list? I think @[Kei} used it at tournament while ago. I think it can be good counter to dF while being a pure defence and KO stamina types (it might not beat top defence of now though). with that said anyone tried L2 on Atomic at all? I imagine it would work better then dF due to better defence, larger contact points to spin steal from and KO opponents

Note:- L2_W does best in 2 person match from my experince
And no, Weight isn't really worth adding to the list, because there's that annoying little ridge between the metal bolt and the plastic, which again, burns stamina. I've tried L24GW against dFSR months ago, and L2 lost almost every match, aside from one or two lucky bursts with L2 "sticking" to the driver (no clicks remain). L2 is just way too recoil heavy and less burst resistant than dF at this point, and fails hard at defense.
Strange. I didn't found that ridge to cause any issue. Are there are any mold variations of Weight? because ball in my weight seems to stick out just bit vs what I seen in pictures. I will give it a try against dF at next event.
I tried Rising Ragnarok heavy press and its really good! It beat Kries Satan and did no t burst once!