Beyblade Burst Competitive Combos List & Public Discussion [TENTATIVE]

(Apr. 26, 2016  6:36 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Knuckle, though, hah?

I'm actually pretty interested in Knuckle, but haven't had the time to really test it yet.

That said, I think that combos posted in this thread absolutely need to have some evidence behind them.
From the few tests i've done with knuckle, it seems to have better stamina overall than ring, spread, heavy, and gravity. Grin I can't get much to OS DKR even launching it first all the time.

(Apr. 26, 2016  6:42 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: That said, I think that combos posted in this thread absolutely need to have some evidence behind them.

True, I probably should have posted this in "general burst combo discussion". Noob move Crying
From everything i've seen Victory Valkyrie is terrible tbh (apart from those tests which were mainly against OHD)
(Apr. 26, 2016  8:09 PM)Ultra Wrote: From everything i've seen Victory Valkyrie is terrible tbh (apart from those tests which were mainly against OHD)

Victory Valkyrie on xtreme doesn't seem to me to be very effective but it seems to beat certain combos, such as OHD (my odin is old). I think victory valkyrie will be best used on a stationary attack combo, or perhaps on accel/zephyr
V2 doesn't have the hitting power nor the stamina to be useful for stationary attack IMO. It's a pretty big disappointment all around.
It's definitely unfortunate to say that there's always a Layer with a good overall design but with horrible teeth or vice-versa. Unhappy I haven't played with Victory Valkyrie too much but also enough to say that it's too wide to consistently get good hits.
Not sure if this is the best thread for it, but I would suggest that we re-evaluate Odin's status. I don't know if it's ready for unbanning, but I would like to encourage testing of Odin with the newer parts, just to see where it stands. Especially if V2 does counter OHD effectively, or some other counter is now viable with Revolve or something, Odin will be less overpowered and overused.

I would also suggest that people try out Spriggan again; the mold with good teeth (two long teeth) is much better than the bad mold (one long tooth). I've been playing around with it quite a bit, and it's effective at landing KOs.
@[pyrus10000]'s Spriggan Heavy Defense was able to beat Kei's Deathscyther Heavy Defense last Sunday (although it only won by 3-2, I should note.). I've never really tested out stationary Spriggan combos but it'd be really cool to see if it's a good alternative to Valkyrie. I have a few Spriggans that I've never really used so it'd be awesome if I could put them to use!

Victory Valkyrie is still something I've never gotten playing with and I've basically locked away my Odins, haha. Even if Valkyrie was a counter, pure attack is still pretty unreliable which is why stationary attack is so popular in Toronto. With weak launching also being super effective in Burst, there's no doubt in my mind that Odin would still be insane.
Spriggan is definitely the jack-of-all-trades. I mean, technically it is a mostly reliable counter to Odin Heavy Defense. It wins when you really do not expect it to. However, overall it is not too reliable.
(May. 20, 2016  11:34 PM)Cake Wrote: Not sure if this is the best thread for it, but I would suggest that we re-evaluate Odin's status. I don't know if it's ready for unbanning, but I would like to encourage testing of Odin with the newer parts, just to see where it stands. Especially if V2 does counter OHD effectively, or some other counter is now viable with Revolve or something, Odin will be less overpowered and overused.

I would also suggest that people try out Spriggan again; the mold with good teeth (two long teeth) is much better than the bad mold (one long tooth). I've been playing around with it quite a bit, and it's effective at landing KOs.

Good timing.

As for Spriggan, I really really want it to work, so much so that I played a bunch with it the night before Dueling Duality with Lani — "#BELIEVE" — but it just bursts way too often. Seems to be the Spriggan line's most identifying trait.
(May. 20, 2016  11:51 PM)Mitsu Wrote: @[pyrus10000]'s Spriggan Heavy Defense was able to beat Kei's Deathscyther Heavy Defense last Sunday (although it only won by 3-2, I should note.).

It was actually 3-1. Unhappy Haha.
(May. 21, 2016  2:47 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: As for Spriggan, I really really want it to work, so much so that I played a bunch with it the night before Dueling Duality with Lani — "#BELIEVE" — but it just bursts way too often. Seems to be the Spriggan line's most identifying trait.

Did you try all the different teeth?
(May. 21, 2016  3:13 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(May. 21, 2016  2:47 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: As for Spriggan, I really really want it to work, so much so that I played a bunch with it the night before Dueling Duality with Lani — "#BELIEVE" — but it just bursts way too often. Seems to be the Spriggan line's most identifying trait.

Did you try all the different teeth?

Only the ones with two long teeth, which I have substantially more of.
I don't really see how anything has changed with the Odin situation. I mean yeah maybe D_R would be better than OHD but then we'd just start seeing an upsurge of Odin on revolve combos.
Can anyone post a testing thread on Variable, R2, Orbit and D2 pleaseSmile
Going back to the topic of Odin, I think it's definitely time to re-evaluate it's status in the game. Quite frankly, I don't think it needs to be banned.

Today I participated in Maryland's event and I used one combo the entire time: Deathscyther Heavy Defense. I lost my first match due to weak launches on my part, but I then won every match following. In the finals I won every single match. It got close a few times, but there was no way my combo was going to lose. I played against a pretty wide variety of combos of different types, of newer and old parts, and none of them were a problem for my bey. In the one situation where I faced someone using the same combo, he was afraid of launching too hard and bursting so I gave it a nice, strong launch and outmatched him in Stamina.

Yes Odin is OP, but Deathscyther is pretty OP too so let's test it with newer parts and decide whether or not it should still be banned.
(Jun. 06, 2016  4:42 AM)Wizard Wrote: Going back to the topic of Odin, I think it's definitely time to re-evaluate it's status in the game. Quite frankly, I don't think it needs to be banned.

Today I participated in Maryland's event and I used one combo the entire time: Deathscyther Heavy Defense. I lost my first match due to weak launches on my part, but I then won every match following. In the finals I won every single match. It got close a few times, but there was no way my combo was going to lose. I played against a pretty wide variety of combos of different types, of newer and old parts, and none of them were a problem for my bey. In the one situation where I faced someone using the same combo, he was afraid of launching too hard and bursting so I gave it a nice, strong launch and outmatched him in Stamina.

Yes Odin is OP, but Deathscyther is pretty OP too so let's test it with newer parts and decide whether or not it should still be banned.
I agree with you, I suggested when Odin was being talked about being banned was to wait for future beyblade releases and see if something could out class it, deathsycther combos could stand a chance against odin with revolove.
(Jun. 06, 2016  4:42 AM)Wizard Wrote: Going back to the topic of Odin, I think it's definitely time to re-evaluate it's status in the game. Quite frankly, I don't think it needs to be banned.

It seems odd to me that no one could counter this. That doesn't seem impossible to beat. Anyway at least Deathscyther isn't hard to burst unlike Odin. I'd say that's the clincher for why it can't be unbanned yet.

Did you go up against any Revolve combos? VHR/X should've been able to burst you, and D/NHR should have been able to outspin you. I'm quite shocked that people are still able to win with DHD in the current meta. Anyway as Ultra said, at least Deathscyther bursts easily, unlike Odin.
(Jun. 06, 2016  1:16 PM)Cronus Wrote:

Did you go up against any Revolve combos? VHR/X should've been able to burst you, and D/NHR should have been able to outspin you. I'm quite shocked that people are still able to win with DHD in the current meta. Anyway as Ultra said, at least Deathscyther bursts easily, unlike Odin.

I beat him in the first round with DSR

When we rematched in the finals I used VGR and it came down to 2-2? And I got bursted in the end haha
(Jun. 06, 2016  1:31 PM)Shirayuki Wrote: I beat him in the first round with DSR

When we rematched in the finals I used VGR and it came down to 2-2? And I got bursted in the end haha

That match was incredibly close though, 3-2. I think if I had launched as hard as I did in the rest of the matches I might have won.

(Jun. 06, 2016  1:16 PM)Cronus Wrote: Did you go up against any Revolve combos? VHR/X should've been able to burst you, and D/NHR should have been able to outspin you. I'm quite shocked that people are still able to win with DHD in the current meta. Anyway as Ultra said, at least Deathscyther bursts easily, unlike Odin.

I faced A LOT of combos that used Revolve.
Considering that there is a huge discrepancy between types of Revolve that just got discovered (this post and onward), every testimony regarding how good Revolve is requires some big asterisks.
(Jun. 06, 2016  11:57 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Considering that there is a huge discrepancy between types of Revolve that just got discovered (this post and onward), every testimony regarding how good Revolve is requires some big asterisks.

Why? I think it's pretty obvious that Revolve is only supposed to function in one way, and the others are duds. I'm personally not sure that the list/discussion here should necessarily legislate for this kind of variance, but I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.
(Jun. 07, 2016  12:02 AM)Serotonin Wrote:
(Jun. 06, 2016  11:57 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Considering that there is a huge discrepancy between types of Revolve that just got discovered (this post and onward), every testimony regarding how good Revolve is requires some big asterisks.

Why? I think it's pretty obvious that Revolve is only supposed to function in one way, and the others are duds. I'm personally not sure that the list/discussion here should necessarily legislate for this kind of variance, but I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.

Because if everyone in a region happened to have only the bad variant, then what does good or bad against it is irrelevant, because those Revolve are not the optimal kind that, for instance, everybody in Toronto is talking about. All I am bringing up is that if you talk about how one combination defeated Revolve customizations easily, then those who used the latter should come forward and confirm whether their Revolve is defective, or normal. Does it not make sense?

So far there is almost one chance in two of having a defect, so this seems like legitimate grounds for verifications.
Hmm yes, that does make sense.