Havertown, Pennsylvania
Tournament Results
Merwood Park
2498 Linden Dr; Ardmore Pennsylvania
  Meet at the Pavillion
11:30 AM on 04/20/2019
Format
Burst

Most official Beyblade Burst gear can be used.

View Rulebook
Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
5 cash  or Free with Passport*

Free entry with Blader Passport

Support the WBO by purchasing a Blader Passport and get unlimited access to WBO tournaments and monthly giveaways of new releases!

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Beyblade Burst ranked tournament 
We recommend that you come 15-30 minutes prior to the tournament
The tournament will start at 11:30
Make sure that you don't have any other plans for that date because it could last a few hours.
The prizes are 1 air knight booster, and 2 hasbro beys.

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

(Apr. 21, 2019  7:48 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: In what world is Perfect Phoenix Xtend+ a Hasbro combo?

I meant the Spryzen Requiem and Legend Spryzen that I used in a couple of my matches. Sr3 played a huge part in the MrBlade match and the NateDogPhilly match in the finals, and Legend Spryzen played a niche role in the final against RedNinja0829
"#hasbladerforlife" indeed.
(Apr. 21, 2019  9:21 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: "#hasbladerforlife" indeed.
Tru dat
(Apr. 21, 2019  12:38 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: This was a fun tournament. It had 18 participants, it started on time, it went fairly fast, and for the most part everything went well.

I have a couple of suggestions that might make things go a bit more smoothly next time:

* Organization is key. You definitely had enough judges and stadiums, but what you really needed was one or two people to act as the coordinators. There would be long stretches of time where the two tournament laptops had no one behind them, and the 4 tournament beystadiums wouldn't have any matches going on.
For next time, I recommend getting one person (or two) to handle the laptop and announcements, who is both loud enough without the megaphone or knows how to correctly use the megaphone (maybe two people who used the megaphone actually could) to announce matchups. That means loudly announcing who the two bladers are, who's going to be judging it (if you switch up who judges what matches like you did) and what beystadium number they would be at.
There were situations where the announcement would be made, both bladers would show up to the stadium, and no judge would be there for a few minutes. There were also situations where one of the bladers wouldn't show up for a few minutes.
Get yourself a dedicated tournament wrangler and announcer, leave the judges to the judging. Make sure the person is loud, familiar with using Challonge, and is willing to sit behind that table for most of the time. See: Any tournament @[Wombat] runs. Gods bless you, Wombat.
Having a backup judge is good, and you did that, but should for judging the matches between the judges.

* I'm going to assume for the sake of trusting all of you that everyone just happened to have their own Xtend+ drivers and level chips. But it can look downright suspicious when, after one blader has handed their bey to the judge for inspection, the other blader turns around to assemble their bey (as does the judge for some reason?!?!) and then walks away from the beystadium back behind the tournament organization table to talk with someone, and somehow return with a level chip or other part. There were a number of such incidents during this tournament.
As a reminder, the Burst Format rules contain in the section Beyblade Selection:
"If you are receiving help–in the form of advice or parts–from someone else, you must announce who is helping you to both the judge and your opponent. Parts borrowed at any point during the event for future use must be announced as well. The exact part(s) do not need to be announced, just the person they are being borrowed from."
That didn't happen. And it really doesn't help that one team is mostly organizing and judging the entire thing.

* Practice makes permanent, and everyone is still learning, always, but there were a lot of judges who were a bit hazy on the rules. All judges should re-familiarize themselves with both the Burst Standard rules and the Organizers Guide immediately prior to any tournament. The rules for deck format replay/last-round-winner-switching/last-round-non-winner-switching need to be well understood. The rules for what parts are currently banned or unbanned need to be well understood. The rules for which beys can and cannot spin switch in the middle of a match need to be well understood. Beys need to be thoroughly inspected for damage, issues, and for duplicate parts between beys in decks. The rules against allowing duplicate parts between beys in decks need to be well understood.

* EDIT: the concern previously here was clarified privately, pay it no mind.

* It is fine to hold a second tournament for Classic format after your main announced tournament. It's a liiiiittle sketchy to announce an Unofficial classic tournament, the day of, in the middle of your existing tournament, that starts running during the finals of your existing tournament (distracting participants of the Standard tournament), and asks for a dollar admission, and then inserts some major rule changes to classic midway through (surprise, we're allowing numbered core discs).
Every blader should consider carefully whether to participate in any Unofficial events that take place after tournaments, because the rules (that are there for a reason) may not always apply. I decided to end my participation and go home when I got surprised 1 round in with the numbered disc ruling.

This definitely is pretty accurate. It was a fun tournament albeit people not being at the computer running Challonge, judges not being present at stadiums or bladers not being at the stadiums. The megaphone was also a problem because some bladers were unaware of the stadiums they were assigned to. Fun but a bit of errors in moderation.
Sorry for all of the inconvenience, but also, I was counting the money earned from registration, and I only counted $35, which is $15 less than it should. This is partially my fault because I should have counted the money before we started the tournament. But is there anyone who didn't pay the admissions fee for the tournament? (Anyone who has a passport is fine) If you didn't please contact me.
(Apr. 29, 2019  3:19 AM)NatedogPhilly Wrote: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...edit#gid=0

It says we need permission to access the spreadsheet
NatedogPhilly, can you please submit the results spreadsheet for this event and make it publicly accessible? Thank you!
I will inform him
(Jun. 29, 2019  3:42 AM)OldSchool™ Wrote: NatedogPhilly, can you please submit the results spreadsheet for this event and make it publicly accessible? Thank you!

Yes I can, thank you for reminding me.

(Jun. 29, 2019  3:42 AM)OldSchool™ Wrote: NatedogPhilly, can you please submit the results spreadsheet for this event and make it publicly accessible? Thank you!

I made it a public spreadsheet. Now anyone can access it.
(Jun. 29, 2019  3:49 AM)NatedogPhilly Wrote:

Yes I can, thank you for reminding me.

I made it a public spreadsheet. Now anyone can access it.

Please use the Tournament Results Submission Template. See at the bottom of the template pages for Participants, Results (we need this for rankings), Bits awarded and Winning combos. All of these forms must be completed.  ^_^
*Only hosts, Top 3 players and new passport holders need to be awarded bits going forward, no longer all participants.

Select FILE>MAKE A COPY to make a copy of the template and edit it as your own.
Here is an example from one of my events. A NEW BEYGINNING

If you have any questions or need help, please PM me. :)
NatedogPhilly May You Post The Fixed Spreadsheet To This Thread
(Jul. 15, 2019  11:51 PM)RED NINJA 0829 Wrote: NatedogPhilly May You Post The Fixed Spreadsheet To This Thread
Here is the link to the spreadsheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...edit#gid=0
(Jul. 18, 2019  12:44 PM)NatedogPhilly Wrote:
(Jul. 15, 2019  11:51 PM)RED NINJA 0829 Wrote: NatedogPhilly May You Post The Fixed Spreadsheet To This Thread
Here is the link to the spreadsheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...edit#gid=0

Hey NatedogPhilly , the spreadsheet is still incomplete. You need to fill out at least these other 2 sections here (they're kinda easy to miss if you're unfamiliar with Google Sheets)
[Image: CZXFgAM.png]

If you need a reference on how to complete them OldSchool's sheet also has an example of how this should be done.
And NatedogPhilly , your sheet is available to edit everyone. Please make it read only. And if you don't know exactly how to fill sheet, I can help you. Just PM.
Is This Tournament Still Gonna Be Processed? I Saw That They Are Starting To Process April Tournaments For This Year, Just Asking Since NatedogPhilly Hasn't Finished The Spreadsheet
[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=10358403]

I've got this mostly pre-processed, but there is one account missing: Steph Curry (lol). Kei or ~Mana~ can one of you please create it?
The account has been created.
I just noticed im the only one that is not an organizer out of the top 3 lol

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10l904Q2...sp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10hJG6Y-...sp=sharing

Both tournaments have the same three people ? interesting predicament