Beyblade Addiction? Recovery?

I used to love beyblades as a kid, Im older now and I have a serious Beyblade addiction. I have spent over $800 on beyblades since burst came out.
I still have some of my plastic gen beyblades as well. I have un-opened beyblades just for collecting and I will buy a $20 beyblade just for the frame cause i want a certain color.

Has anyone else experienced an addiction like this and know where to get help?

My life is consumed by Beyblades and I feel like Kai when he got black dranzer, Shu when he got spriggan requiem, Phi when he got dead phoenix.
I think beyblades might be demonic because I was able to put them down for about a year and as soon as I picked them back up and saw that new beyblades came out I got right back on ebay and started ordering again. I think the illuminati is using the anime to show what beyblade can do to you by showing Requiem/Dead Phoenix and I'm being controlled by demons to keep ordering

this is a cry for help
This is...uh...interesting?
Have you seen a psychiatrist, they could help. Not many people here, probably, could help you with this 'addiction'.
(Feb. 02, 2019  12:06 PM)BR2019 Wrote:

I'm not sure if I'm near the point of buying recolors for frames alone, but here's my two cents on your cry for help.

If you really think you should stop ordering beyblades, selling them, passing them off to somebody else who wants them, or even destroying them (if you feel an extreme need to get out of this clutch you're in) may be a good way to avoid contact with them nearby you. That's step one.

The second step is to find a different hobby or thing to invest time and money in. I don't use my beyblades much during the week, and I don't collect beyblades on a daily or weekly basis, but you may want to begin playing an instrument or a sport that you can invest in and enjoy if you really feel beyblade isn't for you. I play an instrument that I could definitely invest in and buy, but I just kept holding back on saving for it, haha.

Reading my advice again, I'll probably end up slowing down to just one purchase every three months or something. 

In the end, it won't be easy, but you'll slide into it eventually. Ask again if you need more advice I guess.
I literally want every beyblade

i think beyblades are demonic.. But I love them
(Feb. 02, 2019  6:38 PM)BR2019 Wrote: I literally want every beyblade

i think beyblades are demonic..  But I love them

Hm.

Are there any other things that you want to try and pursue? Having every beyblade sounds cool and all, but it's more than difficult to achieve. While it may sound as if I'm trying to lower your standards or goals, I really just want to say that branching out and doing some other things for more IRL skills besides basic physics may help out with your original post/request...

This post sounds jumbled, so just ask me if something doesn't make sense.
You should try to pursue your interests, or distract yourself from Beyblade. Maybe hide them away in boxes and store the boxes somewhere, or let your friends keep the Beyblades for a little while (to make sure you wont be urged to get them back). As I said, pursue interests like watching Youtube videos, or take a walk around your area and see what you can do. Or learn something new
Ill give u a peice of advice
Show ur hobby to somebody who hates u in school
He will keep teasing u with it
And eventually u will want to let go of it

To quote
Elsa from FROZEN
LET IT GO
(Feb. 02, 2019  7:17 PM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: You should try to pursue your interests, or distract yourself from Beyblade. Maybe hide them away in boxes and store the boxes somewhere, or let your friends keep the Beyblades for a little while (to make sure you wont be urged to get them back). As I said, pursue interests like watching Youtube videos, or take a walk around your area and see what you can do. Or learn something new

My friends aren't getting my beyblades.. I'm never letting go.
I will become a Master Beyder.... I mean come on guys who doesn't wanna be a Master Beyder

(Feb. 02, 2019  8:42 PM)Phades115 Wrote: Ill give u a peice of advice

To quote
Elsa from FROZEN
LET IT GO

Dude this thread was just for humor purposes... XD

but yeah if somebody teased me at school because I liked beyblades
I would show them a Beyblade Geeks Unboxing of Dead Phoenix and not let it bother me because when you get out of school you won't ever see those people again anyway.
I would take a beyblade to school in my book bag and say "dude what are you talking about Beyblades are Lit"
(Feb. 02, 2019  9:09 PM)BR2019 Wrote:
(Feb. 02, 2019  7:17 PM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: You should try to pursue your interests, or distract yourself from Beyblade. Maybe hide them away in boxes and store the boxes somewhere, or let your friends keep the Beyblades for a little while (to make sure you wont be urged to get them back). As I said, pursue interests like watching Youtube videos, or take a walk around your area and see what you can do. Or learn something new

My friends aren't getting my beyblades.. I'm never letting go.
I will become a Master Beyder.... I mean come on guys who doesn't wanna be a Master Beyder

(Feb. 02, 2019  8:42 PM)Phades115 Wrote: Ill give u a peice of advice

To quote
Elsa from FROZEN
      LET IT GO

Dude this thread was just for humor purposes... XD

but yeah if somebody teased me at school because I liked beyblades
I would show them a Beyblade Geeks Unboxing of Dead Phoenix and not let it bother me because when you get out of school you won't ever see those people again anyway.
I would take a beyblade to school in my book bag and say "dude what are you talking about Beyblades are Lit"
Im was also replying with humour mate...?
So, I would recommend for you to go to a psychiatrist or use something like better help. This sounds like an issue that you need to address immediately or this may lead to something worse
The following number should help
Psychiatrist:800-368-5777
It will only be an addiction as long as you got money to spare on preorders and stuff. That also applies to my Gunpla addiction back then, but I got off it cuz of Beyblades (and failed relationship) ahaahaha
(Feb. 02, 2019  12:06 PM)BR2019 Wrote: I used to love beyblades as a kid, Im older now and I have a serious Beyblade addiction. I have spent over $800 on beyblades since burst came out.
I still have some of my plastic gen beyblades as well. I have un-opened beyblades just for collecting and I will buy a $20 beyblade just for the frame cause i want a certain color.

My life is consumed by Beyblades and I feel like Kai when he got black dranzer, Shu when he got spriggan requiem, Phi when he got dead phoenix.
I think beyblades might be demonic because I was able to put them down for about a year and as soon as I picked them back up and saw that new beyblades came out I got right back on ebay and started ordering again. I think the illuminati is using the anime to show what beyblade can do to you by showing Requiem/Dead Phoenix and I'm being controlled by demons to keep ordering

this is a cry for help

Hi man! I know how you feel. Trust me. My personal doctor told me that it's like an irrational and compulsive way to fulfill a huge hole in my life. In my case, it's all about loneliness and severe depression. I really hope you're feeling better than i do right now. It's consuming my brain. I'm not talking about beyblades only, anything else could be involved (again, still my case).
In all seriousness, I don't know if I was addicted or not... I did realize I was spending wayyyyyy too much on Beyblade. So I imposed a limit on myself and it's been good since then.
This addiction is a joke?
I think my addiction is so strong due to how the 1st generation of beyblades with dragoon, dranzer, driger and draciel died so randomly.. It was so fun and as kids we weren't paying attention that these will stop being produced one day and then you go in toys r us and a whole shelf had like 8 beyblades left out of 150 that filled the shelf. and your like omg whats going on.. I skipped Metal beyblades and still feel like i didn't miss anything.. and when burst came out I was interested to see how it worked and thought the break apart gimmick was cool.. then stumbled upon 1st gen remakes and it was like falling in love again.. so now i have a cat bed that all my beyblades sleep in on the floor beside my bed and i even have a night light for them so if i wake up i can check on them. thats not weird right Chocked? everybody does that?
(Feb. 02, 2019  12:06 PM)BR2019 Wrote: I used to love beyblades as a kid, Im older now and I have a serious Beyblade addiction. I have spent over $800 on beyblades since burst came out.

this is a cry for help

It’s a slow recovery and low recovery process! Wish you luck Smile
this is a joke
(Feb. 07, 2019  8:29 PM)Kevo Wrote: this is a joke

I agree.
It is, it's rather annoying someone would want to make a joke out of addiction just to be funny