BeyTest -- A Beyblade Testing App for Android (v1.0)

@[Ingulit] please write in description that this isn't a game. Many think it's a game (including me back in 2013 but know now what this app do). Many say they cant battle and give one star so please tell it's a tool to test beyblades for wbo

It's really painful to see peoples giving 1 star without knowing what it is. It's a wonderful app by the way. Also Maximum Dranzer if Ingulit give you permission can you try for Windows 10 too. Windows store app that works and looks as same as this, not anything too complicated or extra I'm happy till it works not how or where though
If you want to port this to iOS go for it; I was going to one day port it but I legit Apple's crazy development fees proved too much to swallow (you can only develop on a Mac, and you have to pay $100 every year to publish to the App Store as oppose to only having to pay $25 once to publish to Google Play for life). There are ways to make back those fees, but I always want this app to be free, and I am against putting ads in this app since both (1) they are annoying, and more importantly (2) I'm worried that age-inappropriate ads may appear considering many users are likely very young.

That said, since Project Astoria is a thing now, I can definitely port this to Windows Phone/Windows 10! I've also meant to release an update to this app for a long time (I've learned a LOT about Android since I wrote this), so I'll see if I can't get an update out by the end of the week. I've just got to find my old code, haha!

@[FIREFIRE], yeah, I kind of expected to get a lot of people downloading this app thinking it was a game. I tried to explain it wasn't in the description (though I'll definitely update the store listing when I update the app), but I think I'll always get people thinking that since it's a Beyblade app.
(Nov. 10, 2015  2:50 AM)Ingulit Wrote: If you want to port this to iOS go for it; I was going to one day port it but I legit Apple's crazy development fees proved too much to swallow (you can only develop on a Mac, and you have to pay $100 every year to publish to the App Store as oppose to only having to pay $25 once to publish to Google Play for life). There are ways to make back those fees, but I always want this app to be free, and I am against putting ads in this app since both (1) they are annoying, and more importantly (2) I'm worried that age-inappropriate ads may appear considering many users are likely very young.

That said, since Project Astoria is a thing now, I can definitely port this to Windows Phone/Windows 10! I've also meant to release an update to this app for a long time (I've learned a LOT about Android since I wrote this), so I'll see if I can't get an update out by the end of the week. I've just got to find my old code, haha!

@[FIREFIRE], yeah, I kind of expected to get a lot of people downloading this app thinking it was a game. I tried to explain it wasn't in the description (though I'll definitely update the store listing when I update the app), but I think I'll always get people thinking that since it's a Beyblade app.

I have a Idea you can say to test beys for wbo. Also can put some information about wbo like it's beyblade forum, It's most active beyblade community, etc. It will also explains what it is and also make new members to join WBO

(Nov. 10, 2015  2:50 AM)Ingulit Wrote: If you want to port this to iOS go for it; I was going to one day port it but I legit Apple's crazy development fees proved too much to swallow (you can only develop on a Mac, and you have to pay $100 every year to publish to the App Store as oppose to only having to pay $25 once to publish to Google Play for life). There are ways to make back those fees, but I always want this app to be free, and I am against putting ads in this app since both (1) they are annoying, and more importantly (2) I'm worried that age-inappropriate ads may appear considering many users are likely very young.

I have a Idea you can say tohis app is to test beys for wbo. Also can put some information about wbo like it's beyblade forum, It's most active beyblade community, etc. It will also explains what it is and also make new members to join WBO
I had done this for the WBO app, got bad results.. also @[Ingulit] we can use the porting software provided by google on windows using cygwin.!
Honestly, something this simple would probably be better as a responsive web app. And probably not very difficult to develop (though still beyond my capabilities).
(Nov. 10, 2015  2:50 AM)Ingulit Wrote: I've also meant to release an update to this app for a long time (I've learned a LOT about Android since I wrote this), so I'll see if I can't get an update out by the end of the week. I've just got to find my old code, haha!
Very cool man, thank you very much for making this app. I used this app since before I even joined the WBO. It's super cool to find out that an active WBO member created it and will be updating it. Are you going to be adding "burst finish" to it? That would be awesome. I am getting sick of writing stuff down and typing out round by round results. Thanks a ton either way!
Yeah I think I will be nice if you add burst finish now burst is getting popular. So also you can use new words like burst finish, over finish and spin finish so it will look more fresh and updated. You haven't updated it after it's release so it will perfect time to update. Also I prefer you to rewrite entire description (what it is, why it is, how to use, etc).
The Description seems to be PERFECT according to me only.. but it depends on @[Ingulit] hehe.. Grin