[Bethesda, MD] 12/15/12 - Holiday Havoc! (Zero-G)

on
Hosted by
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Holiday Havoc!

Hi everyone! This is the official thread for our December tournament being held at the Bethesda Marriott in Bethesda, MD on Saturday, December 15.

The Bethesda Marriott Hotel is located just west of the intersection of 495, 270, and 355 (Rockville Pike). Parking in the surrounding neighborhood is available for free on Pooks Hill Road, but space is limited and first come first served! Otherwise there is parking in the Marriott Lot for $15.

Location: The Bethesda Marriott Hotel: 5151 Pooks Hill Road, Bethesda, MD in the Norwood Room? Ask at the front desk as I'm not sure which room we are in now. http://www.marriott.com/hotels/maps/trav...-marriott/

Start time: Noon-thirty-ish
End time: Usually 3pm for most, 4pm for the finalists
Format: TBD depending on number of bladers
Stadiums: BBG-04 Attack, BBG-11 Defense, and BBG-18 Balance (Alternating rounds)
Surface: Indoors with cardboard
Fees: $5 Room Fee + Standard WBO fees ($5 entry fee or free with a Blader Passport)
MFB Prizes: Zero-G beys and gear (TBD)

Please post to this thread if you plan to make it.

Confirmed
  1. Arupaeo
  2. Burn Rock Virgo
  3. Stars
  4. beymaster15963
  5. Tech
  6. geetster99
  7. Night Wing 247
  8. PurpleTiger
  9. BeyLightning
  10. *AJ*
  11. nightwingX
  12. hyperdestroyer
  13. SonikkuBey
  14. beydude101
  15. razorrider7
  16. Dark_Mousy
  17. stormscorpio1

Maybe
  1. The Grinch
  2. Time
  3. *Ginga*
  4. UltimateOrion
  5. Shirayuki
  6. 8kimchi
  7. Insane
  8. BeyDestroyer21
  9. BeyChallenger24
  10. DrPepsidew
  11. ghost22
  12. Animefangirl174
  13. Fusion Blader
  14. Rip Blader
  15. Blader Stefan

New Items for Sale
  • BBG-23 Zero-G Random Booster Vol. 3 Bandid Genbull
  • BBG-24
  • BBG-25

And I now have "PayPal Here" - so I can take credit cards onsite at the tournament.

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

(Dec. 10, 2012  2:49 AM)Time Wrote: I could bring a couple, if you'd bring a bb-10, but i won't bring anything good, don't want to risk breaking anything hard to replace in freeplay
----------------------------------
edit: bb-10/ plastic equivalent of bb-10

I only have a BB10, no Tornado Balance/Attack.
(Dec. 10, 2012  3:15 AM)Stars Wrote: How about HMS? Im interested xD

No HMS sadly. I wish I had some tho.
Oh well don't have any Plastic in my hands yet.

If you don't mind lending me plastic?
(Dec. 10, 2012  3:47 AM)Stars Wrote: Oh well don't have any Plastic in my hands yet.

Let me see what I can bring. I can't fit a whole lot in the car Im riding in.

Arupaeo: Will you have Samurai Pegasus & Gladiator for sale?
I am confrimed ciz its in d.c my fir st wbo battle wpoo
(Dec. 10, 2012  4:05 AM)Dark_Mousy Wrote:
(Dec. 10, 2012  3:47 AM)Stars Wrote: Oh well don't have any Plastic in my hands yet.

Let me see what I can bring. I can't fit a whole lot in the car Im riding in.

Arupaeo: Will you have Samurai Pegasus & Gladiator for sale?
Well bring as much as you can haha.

No actually, I won't have Samurai Pegasus & Gladiator for sale. The pre-order I did somehow didn't get registered by the system and the order I put in for this tournament didn't include them.

BBG-24 and BBG-25 are confirmed though.
Location Update!!!!

The tournament has moved from Washington, DC to Bethesda, MD!

The Bethesda Marriott Hotel is located just west of the intersection of 495, 270, and 355 (Rockville Pike). Parking in the surrounding neighborhood is available for free on Pooks Hill Road, but space is limited and first come first served! Otherwise there is parking in the Marriott Lot for $15.

Location: The Bethesda Marriott Hotel: 5151 Pooks Hill Road, Bethesda, MD in the Annapolis Room http://www.marriott.com/hotels/maps/trav...-marriott/

There was a (small :p) miscommunication with the booking agent as the Wardman Marriott is actually going to be closed for 2 weeks. Fortunately though we were able to get a new room booked in Bethesda!
Ehh... just found out you changed the location and my Saturday JUST freed yesterday D:

So you can list me as "maybe".
Ah, the new location is so much easier, only 8 minutes away. XD
So ready for this event. My first out of state event since crusade.
Yeah, it will be fun to meet you Dark!

By the way, I have a Metal Masters Beyblade Carrier/Case for sale. Bartering is accepted, but I am thinking 10.
PurpleTiger has become... Animal4Life Smile
(Dec. 12, 2012  1:35 PM)Blader Stefan Wrote: Ehh... just found out you changed the location and my Saturday JUST freed yesterday D:

So you can list me as "maybe".

I hope you can make it!

(Dec. 13, 2012  12:23 AM)*Ginga* Wrote: Ah, the new location is so much easier, only 8 minutes away. XD

I think it will be easier for a lot of people.

(Dec. 13, 2012  12:39 AM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: So ready for this event. My first out of state event since crusade.

We are happy to have you!
its a little futher for us but is only 5-10 mins longer
(Dec. 13, 2012  3:07 AM)*Ginga* Wrote: Yeah, it will be fun to meet you Dark!

By the way, I have a Metal Masters Beyblade Carrier/Case for sale. Bartering is accepted, but I am thinking 10.

Im not interested in that. Sorry.
I was talking to everybody in general.
(Dec. 13, 2012  11:14 PM)*Ginga* Wrote: I was talking to everybody in general.

I would be interested in buying some Chrome wheels if you have extra.
Could this be our new consistent indoor location?
(Dec. 13, 2012  11:19 PM)Dark_Mousy Wrote:
(Dec. 13, 2012  11:14 PM)*Ginga* Wrote: I was talking to everybody in general.

I would be interested in buying some Chrome wheels if you have extra.

Want Ifraid? lol (I have 2)
Arupaeo will you be participating in this tournament?
Anyone want to record for me XD I would love to see some serious compeition between Dark Mousy and Arupaeo and of course all other amazingly strong bladers that wiill be there.
(Dec. 13, 2012  11:19 PM)Time Wrote: Could this be our new consistent indoor location?

It's a possibility...

(Dec. 14, 2012  12:53 AM)Time Wrote: Arupaeo will you be participating in this tournament?

Based on quotes like this one:

(Dec. 14, 2012  2:49 AM)*Billy* Wrote: Anyone want to record for me XD I would love to see some serious compeition between Dark Mousy and Arupaeo and of course all other amazingly strong bladers that wiill be there.

I guess I kinda have to! Smile
(Dec. 14, 2012  12:53 AM)Time Wrote: Arupaeo will you be participating in this tournament?

He is. He has to since I'm gonna be there.
(Dec. 14, 2012  2:49 AM)*Billy* Wrote: Anyone want to record for me XD I would love to see some serious compeition between Dark Mousy and Arupaeo and of course all other amazingly strong bladers that wiill be there.

I need someone to record anyway, I need some footage for CGS. The footage might air in our commercial.
Sure i might help out hah.