[Berlin, CT, USA] 3/29/14 Epsiode I: The Phantom (Orion) Menace

on
Hosted by
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

A long time ago in a Galaxy (not Pegasus) far far away...

Episode I: The Phantom (Orion) Menace

TheSupremeOne will possibly be coshosting, if she can definitely attend.

Ready for an aweosme Limited Event? It'll be the first of a series I plan on hosting throughout the year, hence the Star Wars pun.

Date: March 29, 2014.

Venue: . The tournament will be held at the Berlin Community Center. The address is 234 Kensington Rd, Berlin, CT 06037.
It will be the first building on the right-hand side of the road.

Cost- $5.00 entry

Format: Round Robin or Block Round Robin, depending on turnout, LMTD Format.

Time: Registration : 8:45-9:10

Anyone who comes after 9:10 cannot play.

Tournament Play: 9:15-12:30

Prizes:
TBA

Confirmed Attendees:
Leone19
BullChamp520
Haspro
TheSupremeOne
Bossman13
Xtracorruption
BladerBlock
ElementChris
GangGangAngel
Nohzone
Dr. Leo
Unregistered Player (1)
Unregistered Player (2)
Didannl
Adama
Hotrodalex
Doc8466

Possible Attendees:
Naijalak
Akaljian
Bubblegum Bey
Emperorblaser
KingBeyz
Boomix
Unregistered Player (3)
Unregistered Player (4)
Unregistered Player (5)
Unregistered Player (6)
Smith A
Smith L
ZigZagger
EJ10

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

No, that would be illegal.
Hey, can I be put in the possibles? I might or might not be able to make it due to me living in NY, haha Tongue_out
(Mar. 09, 2014  9:48 PM)Kingbeyz Wrote: Hey, can I be put in the possibles? I might or might not be able to make it due to me living in NY, haha Tongue_out

Sure, you're a possible! Grin
Sure, you're a possible! Grin
[/quote]

Great ! Hopefully I can go, can't wait . Joyful_2
Awesome, you're another Possible. Tongue_out
As we're about 5 days away, I'm going to bump the topic with some reminders for all:

- Parents should stay with you at all times, unless you drove yourself to the Community Center, of course.

-We're not babysitters, we're Beybladers. So parents- please don't "Drop and Run".

- Judges regards are final- please listen and do not argue or nag the judges.

- Don't vandalize- it was very hard to get a spot in the room, so please- pick up your mess. Do not purposefully damage any stadiums- as they do not belong to you.

I can't wait to see you all there- remember- Registration is from 8:45-9:10. Anyone who arrives after 9:10 (when the brackets have started being made) will not be able to play in the event, itself.

Thank you.
That being said, if you do doubt the impartiality of a judge's decision, talk about it to the host, and even to a Committee Member. It would be better if you had some sort of evidence though, like a video ...
(Mar. 24, 2014  8:52 PM)Kai-V Wrote: That being said, if you do doubt the impartiality of a judge's decision, talk about it to the host, and even to a Committee Member. It would be better if you had some sort of evidence though, like a video ...

Well said, haha.

Anyhow, one last thing is that we are expecting a good number of participants, so if you own a BB-10, please bring it for use- as we may need it.

Again, looking forward to Saturday! Grin
Joyce will not be coming but Adama, hotrodalex and I will be there!
(Mar. 28, 2014  1:40 AM)doc8466 Wrote: Joyce will not be coming but Adama, hotrodalex and I will be there!

Fantastic! Grin

We'll have to ask if you could bring your BB-10 and recruit you to judge, if need be. Tongue_out
(Mar. 28, 2014  1:59 AM)Leone19 Wrote:
(Mar. 28, 2014  1:40 AM)doc8466 Wrote: Joyce will not be coming but Adama, hotrodalex and I will be there!

Fantastic! Grin

We'll have to ask if you could bring your BB-10 and recruit you to judge, if need be. Tongue_out

Done and done. :-)
(Mar. 28, 2014  4:06 AM)doc8466 Wrote:
(Mar. 28, 2014  1:59 AM)Leone19 Wrote:

Fantastic! Grin

Great, can't wait to see you there! Grin
(Mar. 28, 2014  4:29 AM)Leone19 Wrote:
(Mar. 28, 2014  4:06 AM)doc8466 Wrote:
(Mar. 28, 2014  1:59 AM)Leone19 Wrote: Fantastic! Grin

Great, can't wait to see you there! Grin

Ummmmm....I'm really sorry to have to report that Joyce didn't keep her stomach bug to herself, so we won't be able to make it afterall.

Hope everyone has fun without us and hopefully we'll see you at the next one.
Shoot, that's too bad. I'm sorry to hear it.
Hope to see you in April.

On another note, can't wait to see everyone bright and early tomorrow! Grin
Please arrive from 8:45-9:10. Registration will end shortly after, anyone who enters later won't be allowed to play.
Bumping a final time, it's today!

Something else; if the tournament ends early, we are planning a Zero-G tournament, as well. So; if you have a Zero-G stadium, don't hesitate to bring it, just in case. However, it costs $5 to enter, too.

Can't wait to see everyone today! Good luck to all! Grin
We had a couple pretty successful tournaments today in only 3 hours!
We'll post the combos later, but for placings...
Limited
1st: ElementChris
2nd: Leone19
3rd: Bladerblock

Zero G
1st: Leone19
2nd: ElementChris
3rd: The Supreme One

Thanks to everyone who came & dealt with the rain outside towards the end!
Thanks for all who came and those who stayed. It was really fun, even if we were in the sprinkling rain for a few minutes, until we got to the overhang.

Combos will be posted once all are recieved.

Good job to all! Grin
Congratulations everyone! I hope to see the winning combinations soon enough!

Exactly how many people showed up?
(Mar. 29, 2014  5:49 PM)Midnìght Wrote: Congratulations everyone! I hope to see the winning combinations soon enough!

Exactly how many people showed up?

11 in Limited, 12 for Zero-G, I believe.
(Mar. 29, 2014  5:38 PM)The Supreme One Wrote: We had a couple pretty successful tournaments today in only 3 hours!
We'll post the combos later, but for placings...
Limited
1st: ElementChris
2nd: Leone19
3rd: Bladerblock

Zero G
1st: Leone19
2nd: ElementChris
3rd: The Supreme One

Thanks to everyone who came & dealt with the rain outside towards the end!
Congrats to the placers and the hosts for having successful tournaments today. I hope everyone had fun.
Wow! Nice turnout! Congrats to the winners!

Someone needs to stop the Leone19 train Smile
(Mar. 30, 2014  11:32 AM)Naijalak Wrote: Wow! Nice turnout! Congrats to the winners!

Someone needs to stop the Leone19 train Smile

Thermal stopped me in Limited, haha.

It was pretty intense in the finals- somehow that Thermal beat my Scythe. Tongue_out