Beat Giraffe BD145MB

Interesting. But. Try: MF-H Big Bang Pegasis 145RF (Omni Directional Mode)
I think we'll get close on it.
Beat Lynx BD145MB VS MF-H Big Bang Pegasis 145RF
Beat: 10 Wins (7 OS, 3 KO)
Big Bang: 10 Wins (KO)
Alright, I'm 99.99% sure this is a lie. A MF Big Bang Pegasis 145RF doing better then MF Lightning L Drago BD145LRF?
Lightning L-Drago is on BD145, so there isn't as much metal on metal contact while Big Bang can use Beat's recoil to its own advantage and knock it out. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Thats exactly what happened.

To all others, I know a few combos did better than Lightning L-Drago BD145LRF. It is not a lie. Lightning L-Drago BD145LRF is a very good combo but other combos can get better results depending on the opposing beyblade.
Like I said earlier, test this against MF-H Vulcan Kerbecs AD145R2F.
Mr.N, but Beat isn't the one doing most of the work, it's BD145, that's one of the same reasons for MFLLDBD145LRF , and please pray tell, what are those? Lettme guess, the people the two are counters. Also, you are the only one who tested this, once Bluezee or Dan, or someone well known and skilled with MFLDDBD145LRF tests this. Also, your saying it without the MF, so that isn't it at all.
(Jun. 05, 2011  7:50 PM)DragoonTalon Wrote: Alright, I'm 99.99% sure this is a lie. A MF Big Bang Pegasis 145RF doing better then MF Lightning L Drago BD145LRF?
I'm 99.99% sure that you've never used a Big Bang M Frame/Core like I/we have. Especially in Omni-Directional Mode. The power of it is amazing. See, BB has its contact points, and its weight. LLD doesn't have as much weight, but it has smash. The contact points on BD145 VS. the weight of MB and resistance to fall is much too great [to not push out]. Though BBP, on a height similar to the once Top-Tier Metal System Pegasis, was put on a 145 height for a reason. Note that it is not BD145 the attack types are going for, but it is the Beat Wheel we are for. The recoil is going to be high, seeing Beat is exposed to being stuck within. LLD though, is mostly exposing the BD145 rather than the Lightning wheel, due to the width of BD145. The bottom line is: Contact points don't match up. Lightning is not being exposed enough on the full smash other than BB is.

RandomTM, I would like you to try your combo VS. MF-H Lightning L-Drago [Upper] H145R2F

-If no R2F, then RF, H145 Mold 2
I dont have a AD145 because I got my Perseus from Random Booster 7.

Beat Lynx BD145MB VS MF Lightning L-Drago H145R2F
Beat: 10 Wins (OS)
Lightning: 11 Wins (KO)

BBS, Congratulations. You have found a counter
Exactly. DragoonTalon, you should now realize what is happening. The two BD145's may be violent, but not as violent compared to the Lightning Wheel, therefore less exposed. So, I asked Random to maybe try LLD with H145, and R2F for a reason. The MF-H is a given. Lightning L-Drago in Upper Mode, also a given. But, H145 is the game changer here. I picked H145 specifically because of its High Recoil in Attack. And its ability to "hook on" to the blades bottom. H145 is just as exposed as Lightning is. Therefore creating a Double-Smash while BD145 is on its own. R2F has less rubber than RF IIRC, so I wanted a little quicker output. H145 is less than GB145 and BD145; therefore utilizing and initiating a force to brutal for the contact points on beat and therefore smashing BD145 and Beat out. It makes perfect sense; when Lightning is in Upper, and therefore leaving H145 openely exposed, there is a contact with Lightning on Beat, and H145 on BD145.

Thus, leading us into our barely of a win. The only thing stopping it was the MB, heh. I'll try to come up with a combination very soon, and actually I have it ready. I'm just doing some preliminary thinking on its weight withdraw/distribution.

I wouldn't consider it a counter, just a 50/50 combination on it. I really like this combination, RandomTM!
(Jun. 04, 2011  9:22 PM)Dan Wrote:
(Jun. 04, 2011  7:11 PM)Kai-V Wrote: No "LT".

Dang it! I bite my fingers half the time when writing that. 'LT' just slipped out.
And Cye, when I read your post it seems like it could go two ways:
1. Only use Basalt to defeat said combination.
2. Only viable to use Basalt with these parts. (Basalt BD145MB)
I mean that there is no better wheel that fits the rest of this combo.
I assumed so, but apparently not. I'm still uneasy about these results.
Try MF Lightning L Drago 85XF, perhaps the pure force of the attack on the track will knock Giraffe off balance, and since it's such a wheel like beat, BD145 will scrape the floor, making it lose spin easily.

EDIT: Once Giraffe tips abit, it'll go faster scraping then it's foes because of the extra weight from MB.
lolno.
#1: 85 and XF don't work well together unless your using something like Flame or Hell.
#2: That will not happen, besides, if your banking it you'll hit the metal wheel. (Or at least you should)
Carp. Wait. How would a banking shot put the beyblade on a slant to hit the foe?
(Jun. 05, 2011  11:36 PM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote:
(Jun. 04, 2011  9:22 PM)Dan Wrote:
(Jun. 04, 2011  7:11 PM)Kai-V Wrote: No "LT".

Dang it! I bite my fingers half the time when writing that. 'LT' just slipped out.
And Cye, when I read your post it seems like it could go two ways:
1. Only use Basalt to defeat said combination.
2. Only viable to use Basalt with these parts. (Basalt BD145MB)
I mean that there is no better wheel that fits the rest of this combo.
We all know that basalt fits this customization the best, so why is this thread still up. Also beat doesn't distrubt/lower the opponents spin rate like basalt does, one of the reasons why I would stick to Basalt BD145MB. I still think beat's strength is attack, but this is still a decent combo in my mind.
(Jun. 06, 2011  12:27 AM)DragoonTalon Wrote: Carp. Wait. How would a banking shot put the beyblade on a slant to hit the foe?
Even if you shot 85 and XF together, correctly, it will just lose control. 100 won't even work. This causes a bank to be even worse, causing balance loss.

On the other hand,

(Jun. 06, 2011  12:27 AM)othellog Wrote: We all know that basalt fits this customization the best, so why is this thread still up. Also beat doesn't distrubt/lower the opponents spin rate like basalt does, one of the reasons why I would stick to Basalt BD145MB. I still think beat's strength is attack, but this is still a decent combo in my mind.
Basalt doesn't fit this combination the best. Basalt is good, but it's too heavy. Mid Height Attackers could easily take the Basalt version of this combination out....
Alright.. obviously you don't know how to control your XF if you say that.
Practice with it.
(Jun. 06, 2011  12:34 AM)Dan Wrote: Alright.. obviously you don't know how to control your XF if you say that.
Practice with it.
I was inferring on a normal usage, no practice.

By the way, RandomTM, was H145's hits smashes or push outs.
Thats dumb, why would you use XF in your right mind without practicing beforehand?
Knowing H145, it would be smashes.
(Jun. 06, 2011  12:30 AM)BeyBladestation Wrote: Basalt doesn't fit this combination the best. Basalt is good, but it's too heavy. Mid Height Attackers could easily take the Basalt version of this combination out....

That's not really true at all.
(Jun. 06, 2011  6:10 AM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote:
(Jun. 06, 2011  12:30 AM)BeyBladestation Wrote: Basalt doesn't fit this combination the best. Basalt is good, but it's too heavy. Mid Height Attackers could easily take the Basalt version of this combination out....

That's not really true at all.

qft!

Basalt paired with BD145 + MB is the heaviest combo without Metal Face. Launched properly, it's very difficult for attackers of any height to get a KO from this combo.
@Cye Kinomiya i third that

Random i find something strange about this because MB doesn't have much friction and Beat has a load of recoil so the two most likely wont work well together and there is NO MF/MF-H
but if you could please test against MF- Lightning L Drago SW145/ch145 R2F/LRF because i would like to see the results
Did anyone else actually test this to confirm the results ? Was this the topic where there were big doubts about the test results ?
TBH, just about every "MM/LT COUNTER I HAS IT" thread is the one where there are big doubts about the test results. I'm gonna try this tomorrow/tonight, because I have specific doubts about this one, having tried similar combo's with laughable results. Beat may have defensive capabilities in defense mode etc, but on BD145 and MB, in attack mode? Uncertain

The thing with having so many of these threads is that not everyone can check the results, and those that can don't have the time/want to wear their parts/motivation (because testing stupid combo's takes time etc etc). I guess if people rock up to tourneys and lose with them, then they'll find out, but yeah, it's not good for the customisation forum. Considering LRF is quite a rare/expensive part and wears down quickly, it's very hard to test all of them without it actually costing us money Uncertain This mightn't be the place for this, but yeah.