Apr

Battle of the Generations [Part 1]

Richmond, Virginia
Tournament Results
Deep Run Recreation Center
9900 Ridgefield Pkwy
  Come inside the rec center, take the right hall, last room on the left.
11:30 PM on 04/14/2018
Format
Burst

Most official Beyblade Burst gear can be used.

View Rulebook
Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
5 cash  or Free with Passport*

Free entry with Blader Passport

Support the WBO by purchasing a Blader Passport and get unlimited access to WBO tournaments and monthly giveaways of new releases!

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Host: The Supreme One

Location: This event will be held indoors at the Deep Run Recreation Center. When you enter the building, simply take a right and we will be in the last room on the left, The Springfield Room.

Time: As the tournament will begin no later than 12:00pm, please plan to arrive around 11:30am, when registration will begin.

Prizes:
Zet Achilles
Emperor Forneus
Screw Trident

Other Information:

Please come prepared. As we are anticipating a large turnout at this event, we request that all participants bring at least one Takara Tomy or Hasbro-manufactured Beyblade of their own and more than one launcher when possible. Additionally, parents of children under the age of 13 must be present for the duration of the event, as tournament end times can be difficult to estimate, and I would hate for someone to be left behind once it is over.

Be aware of your belongings. We'd advise users to please, please look after your stuff. While yes this is a Beyblade tournament and we're not suggesting that any of us would attempt to take each other's stuff it is still happening at a public venue where other people (who may not be so friendly) are going to be present as well. Of course, if you see a personal belonging lying around bring it up any of the judges so we can return it to the right person. Your co-operation is appreciated!

All players must arrive on-time. The tournament will begin no later than 12:00 PM and is expected to run for about 3 hours, though if there is a large turnout it may take longer. Please plan accordingly. If you do not arrive at the scheduled start time, you risk being excluded from the tournament. The software we use to run our events–Challonge–does not allow us to add in extra participants once the tournament has started.

If you know in advance that you will be late, please post in this thread or contact someone at the event and depending on the circumstances we can perhaps still include you if we know you will arrive soon.

Confirmed:

Builder17
The Supreme One
AmishRaven
PhoenixBurst
ChimeraBurst
Yami
Unregistered Users (2)

Spread the Word!
Are you as excited about the festivities as we are?! If so, be sure to tell your friends about it! And if you haven't already, follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook!
[Image: twitteric.png] @worldbeyblade
[Image: facebookic.png] WorldBeybladeOrganization

Spread the word! 
#BEYBLADE #RVABEYBLADE #WBO

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

(Apr. 11, 2018  3:22 PM)The Supreme One Wrote:
(Apr. 11, 2018  1:30 PM)AmishRaven Wrote: We need to clearly notify all participants that this event is going to be Double Elimination... I don't want parents driving several hours from another state, and have their child eliminated after two rounds and go home disappointed.   Let's make it very clear ahead of time.

I don't think that's really going to be an issue, since kids spend most of their time in free play during the tournament, but I plan on announcing it and explaining how the format works before the event.

To reply to your second post, I really like that idea, but unfortunately those events wouldn't be able to be advertised on the WBO because WBO tournaments need to be open to everyone, meaning that if an experienced player wanted to play in a beginner tournament, they would be able to.

I mean, this is my first time in VA, so I'm not sure what the community here is like, but I think it could work. Technically, you could have the tournaments open to both, but just ask that people register for the one they fit into. I doubt someone would intentionally go to a beginner's tournament to stomp some new people. You would likely have some children that are new try to join the harder tournament, but that's not really too much of an issue. If you notice that someone who looks experienced registers for the Beginner's tournament, I'm sure shooting them a quick message saying "Hey, looking at your history, I believe you would be better off in the Advanced tournament, and having you play in said tournament instead of the Beginner's tournament would make the event a lot more fun for everyone." would fix the problem.
So in double eli. Is their a 3rd place round against the runner up from the winners and losers?
(Apr. 12, 2018  1:01 AM)JayjayXD Wrote: So in double eli. Is their a 3rd place round against the runner up from the winners and losers?

Top four from both the winners & losers bracket play in a single elimination in stage two with an additional round for third place
(Apr. 12, 2018  1:02 AM)The Supreme One Wrote:
(Apr. 12, 2018  1:01 AM)JayjayXD Wrote: So in double eli. Is their a 3rd place round against the runner up from the winners and losers?

Top four from both the winners & losers bracket play in a single elimination in stage two with an additional round for third place
Thank you!!
(Apr. 11, 2018  9:39 PM)SUGOI-KONICHEWA Wrote:
(Apr. 11, 2018  9:27 PM)Jaivv247 Wrote: Can I use a right spin tarka tomy launcher please

I AM SO HYPED

You can
Sorry can't go 2 this 1 my parents had a change of plans so I wish y'all good luck
Hope to see you next time
Lol might be off topic but does everyone know where i can get an earth aquila/eagle or a flash segittario???
This is my first tournament. I’m nervous.
Is anyone selling beys if so which ones and how much?
I am selling
(Apr. 13, 2018  1:24 AM)JayjayXD Wrote: Is anyone selling beys if so which ones and how much?

I might have a few MFB for about $20 and I can bring my AAA (from the Rare Bey Get Battle) for $100 if anyone is interested.
Count me interested
Are there any more prizes?

(Apr. 12, 2018  9:42 PM)BladeScout09 Wrote: This is my first tournament. I’m nervous.

Mine too but let's show everyone what we can do
(Apr. 13, 2018  1:24 AM)JayjayXD Wrote: Is anyone selling beys if so which ones and how much?

Garuda G3 $25
(Mar. 24, 2018  5:18 PM)UltraJinga Wrote: Can parents stay and watch battle?  This will be our first tournament.

This will be our first as well. Our son is very excited.
(Apr. 13, 2018  2:02 PM)BladeScout09 Wrote:
(Mar. 24, 2018  5:18 PM)UltraJinga Wrote: Can parents stay and watch battle?  This will be our first tournament.

This will be our first as well. Our son is very excited.

Looking forward to meeting you both! Parents can certainly stay and watch, however as we will be in a rather small indoor room, we have reserved a separate room in the building for parents to wait when their child isn't playing.
Any laat reminders or special rules for tomorrow?
(Apr. 14, 2018  2:44 AM)JayjayXD Wrote: Any laat reminders or special rules for tomorrow?

They will all be went over thoroughly at the event, so PLEASE be respectful of The Supreme One when she starts making the announcments and listen carefully Grin
We will be a little late

Please add me in if we are late too much for the evening part
How to contact I will be there by 12:30

We are driving from Greensboro so add me we will be there by12:30
(Apr. 14, 2018  2:50 PM)Abhinav:burst Wrote: How to contact I will be there by 12:30

We are driving from Greensboro so add me we will be there by12:30

We will do our best to wait for you, but the tournament starts at 12, so unfortunately if you are too late we will have to start without you. You’re still welcome to stick around for free play!
We will be late! My family and we traveled all the way from Texas for my 7 y/o son (Evan) to attend his first tournament but have been held up in DC b/c all the roads are closed for CB Festival. We expect to arrive there at the center between 12 and 12:30. Will you be able to accommodate that arrival time? Please reply, Thanks so much
We are on our way from Greensboro- we plan on arriving by 12:15pm.
We hope to be able to participate in the burst competition.
Due to traffic I’m going to be 10 - 15 minutes late.