Battle Strikers Discussion

I'm really impressed by the level of control demonstrated in the video, actually.
(Oct. 16, 2009  10:59 PM)♥ Wrote: I'm really impressed by the level of control demonstrated in the video, actually.

It isn't untypical at all. Obviously some are harder to control than others, but to say the control doesn't work is simply untrue.
Zellers has the tournament set on sale for $10 off. I'd be slightly interested if I didn't have all the money I have signed off towards other things.
(Oct. 17, 2009  12:34 AM)To Wrote: Zellers has the tournament set on sale for $10 off. I'd be slightly interested if I didn't have all the money I have signed off towards other things.

uh, cool

anyone who wants it should go pick it up though
Sorry if this has been asked a million times, but are these for sale at major retailers such as toys r us, Wal-Mart, Target, etc..?
(Oct. 17, 2009  1:16 AM)Corey Wrote: Sorry if this has been asked a million times, but are these for sale at major retailers such as toys r us, Wal-Mart, Target, etc..?

Yes. All of those.
yeah that sounds good, but maybe on junior 10-15 then adult 16 and up?
(Oct. 17, 2009  2:53 AM)Kippet100 Wrote: yeah that sounds good, but maybe on junior 10-15 then adult 16 and up?

Did you not read what I wrote previously ...

Also, what happened to 6-9 year olds?
Any plans for a launcher that wouldn't require batteries? I'm under the impression that the powered motor provides the Strikers with more RPM, and I myself bought a bunch of rechargeable batteries for them, so I'm not all too worried, but I can imagine some folks not wanting to have to replace batteries every now and again with lost functionality in the meantime.

Also, I've enjoyed putting the batteries in backward to get the launcher to send the Strikers off in left-spin. For fun, I'm planning on incorporating a switch to choose between left/right spin, but I was wondering if that sort of idea had been brought up before as being worth the effort.
By including an internal lithium ion battery the cost per unit would go up.
Hey, just thought I'd say that I haven't seen any Strikers in any of my local Wal Marts. Thought I'd throw that out there. However, Target seems to keep them well in stock, and they sell fairly.
(Oct. 17, 2009  3:21 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Did you not read what I wrote previously ...

Also, what happened to 6-9 year olds?

sorry it was on the next page i didnt see it...sorry
(Oct. 17, 2009  3:56 AM)Kouri Wrote: Any plans for a launcher that wouldn't require batteries? I'm under the impression that the powered motor provides the Strikers with more RPM, and I myself bought a bunch of rechargeable batteries for them, so I'm not all too worried, but I can imagine some folks not wanting to have to replace batteries every now and again with lost functionality in the meantime.

Also, I've enjoyed putting the batteries in backward to get the launcher to send the Strikers off in left-spin. For fun, I'm planning on incorporating a switch to choose between left/right spin, but I was wondering if that sort of idea had been brought up before as being worth the effort.

DO NOT PUT THE BATTERIES IN INCORRECTLY!!! You could cause very serious damage to your Launcher and yourself by doing this!!

That being said, our tops are not designed to spin counter-clockwise. You should not do this.

(Oct. 17, 2009  4:08 AM)Khel Wrote: By including an internal lithium ion battery the cost per unit would go up.

Yes, as much as we would love to do it.
(Oct. 16, 2009  6:59 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: This is not really relevant to discussing Battle Strikers ...

Oh sorry just intrested,i was wandering if they think it is worthy to be another spinning top toy to battle strikers.
I don't see what the big huff over batteries is. I can buy 4 perfectly good AA batteries for $1 CDN. If you know that you're going to need spare batteries, buy extra.
How about charging docks for the launchers?
(Oct. 17, 2009  3:31 PM)Medz Wrote: How about charging docks for the launchers?

Again, it's too expensive.
Hmm I see. What about kinetic powered launchers? Like you charge it by rapidly pressing the button then when you want to launch, hold it. I have a torch that works like that lol.
(Oct. 17, 2009  4:53 PM)Medz Wrote: Hmm I see. What about kinetic powered launchers? Like you charge it by rapidly pressing the button then when you want to launch, hold it. I have a torch that works like that lol.

Does your torch spin at over 6000 RPM?
Dj - Uh.
How about a charging dock accessory? One that you have to buy seperately.
(Oct. 17, 2009  4:37 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: DO NOT PUT THE BATTERIES IN INCORRECTLY!!! You could cause very serious damage to your Launcher and yourself by doing this!!

That being said, our tops are not designed to spin counter-clockwise. You should not do this.

Yes, as much as we would love to do it.

The cost would go up about £5 - £6 would it?
I don't know the exact cost, but it's irrelevant anyway ...

Going to have to clean up this thread soon, please keep the questions and comments relevant, thanks!
(Oct. 17, 2009  3:56 AM)Kouri Wrote: Also, I've enjoyed putting the batteries in backward to get the launcher to send the Strikers off in left-spin.

Confirmed today that this is impossible unless you've opened up and modified the launcher.
Just looked at the Argos website and to my surprise I saw Battle Strikers. I wasn't even aware they were selling them in the UK yet...
They are so cheap, I thought they'd be more expensive. The only thing that puts me off them is the rounded bulky shape they've got going on. I'm sure they perform well though. Smile
so Brad, if your saying the new series your working on coming out is going to be a lot better and such does that mean the ones out are right now are going to be uncompatible with the new ones and are they going to be out classed??