Basalt Horogium 145WD Draft

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-MF-H-Bas...ium-R145RF

Do anti-meta Basalt combos deserve mention or no? I think they should be counted. Basalt can be used quite effectively (and not just this combo) as an anti-meta as well. And I agree with Dan and you, this article definitely needs to be posted.
(Mar. 14, 2011  1:34 AM)Mr. N Wrote: OK, this is my first draft, so I would love any criticism, and suggestions. The weights are from the "Weights of MFB" thread.

Basalt Horogium 145WD

System: Hybrid Wheel System
Number: BB-104
Type: Defense

Note: Basalt Horogium was released as a starter by TAKARA-TOMY with the Light Launcher 2, while the Sonokong starter was released with the Snipe Launcher.

Basalt Horogium 145WD is the fifth and final Beyblade in the Maximum Series. Its "gimmick" is the "maximum weight" of its Metal Wheel.

Name Change
Basalt Horogium 145WD was released by Hasbro as Twisted Tempo 145WD.

Face: Horogium
Weight: 1.05 Grams

The Face on this Beyblade depicts Horologium, one of the 88 constellations in space. Horologium is the pendulum clock constellation.

Clear Wheel: Horogium
Weight: 2.71 Grams

The Horogium Clear Wheel was released in a grayish-blue color. It is gear shaped, with white Roman Numerals reminiscent of a clock decorating the circumference. However, there is a rectangular gap where "III" is supposed to be and 2 clock hands causing irregular weight distribution. This prevents this Clear Wheel being any good in any Defense or Stamina combos. However, Horogium exposes the slopes on the Screw Metal Wheel, and can be used in the Attack custom described below.

Use In Attack Customization

Though Pisces exposes Screw better than Horogium, it can still be used in the Attack custom MF Screw Horogium 90RF.

Metal Wheel: Basalt
Weight: 47.52 Grams

Basalt is a very circular Wheel, with sets of indents distributed around it's circumference, and is almost cylindrical in it's thickness, part of which overhangs the Track being used in conjunction with it.

Basalt is a member of the Maximum Series as heaviest Metal Wheel created yet; much heavier and thicker than even the infamous Libra Metal Wheel. Basalt's circular nature, in combination with it's abnormally heavy weight make it without a doubt, the absolute best Wheel for Defense customizations.

However, all Basalt Wheels have a chunk of metal missing from the interior of the wheel which forms what is called the "Spiral Staircase of Death". The "Spiral Staircase of Death" was meant to neutralize Basalt's incredibly high power slightly by creating an imbalance within the Wheel. While this imbalance does indeed occur, it is not a notable hindrance to it's usefulness. In fact, despite the imbalance/wobbling caused by the "Spiral Staircase of Death", Basalt is also currently one of the best Stamina Wheels available. The imbalance/wobbling caused by the "Spiral Staircase of Death" does contribute slightly to the recoil Basalt suffers, but again, this is not a huge hindrance to it's usefulness.

Use in Defense Customization

Although Basalt has recoil because of the metal missing from the wheel, its sheer weight alone makes Basalt more effective than Earth and even Libra at Defense. Its capabilities can be utilized in the custom MF-H Basalt Bull BD145MB.

Use in Stamina Customization

Basalt may have a bad solo-spin time, but nevertheless, it's Stamina in battle is arguably unmatched. In addition, it's recoil reduces the opponent's rotation speed and can sometimes knock it out. Basalt's Stamina ability can be used to great effect in the custom Basalt Bull AD145WD.

Track: 145
Weight: 1.47 Grams

This track is a regular, non-gimmicked track at the 145 height. It can be used in Stamina customs to great effect to to its tall height, but has been outclassed for wobbler customs by 230. It used to be on par for Stamina customs with DF145, but AD145 offers better Stamina on a 145 height, and 85 offers better Stamina in general. Thus, it's outclassed in Stamina, and should only be used when no better spin tracks are available.

If AD145, 85, and 230 aren't accessible, 145 still can be used in the custom Burn/Earth Bull 145WD. Though outclassed, it is still decent.

Bottom: Wide Defense
Weight: 0.81

Wide Defense, as its name implies is the widest of the “Defense” series of Bottoms (D, SD, WD, EWD, W²D and PD). This brings numerous advantages, but also some disadvantages when compared to the other “Defense” Bottoms. Many people choose WD over SD because of better balance, and better spin times. Also, because of its massive width that reaches the edge of the Bottom's perimeter, it is able to wobble at a significantly larger angle for a longer period of time than D, SD, or PD, and at a much lower spin rate. This can be advantageous in many battles, particularly those between two Stamina types when they are about to topple over; however, if you happen to have a weaker shot than your opponent who is using something such as Burn Bull AD145SD, WDs low spin rate towards the end of the battle will make it extremely easy for the opponent to knock it completely over. This low spin rate towards the end of the battle is created because in the process of wobbling at such a large angle, more friction is made with the stadium floor, thus decreasing its Stamina. This is all avoidable however if your shot is at least as powerful as your opponent, as the extra time it is able to spin on an angle will allow you to narrowly outspin your D or SD based opponent.

WD is arguably the best of the "Defense" series, and can be used in the custom MF Hell Kerbecs BD145WD. This defeats other Stamina wheels like Burn and Earth with ease, but struggles against MF-H Basalt Bull 230CS.

Other Versions

Random Booster Volume 7 - Vulcan Horogium BD145RS

Overall
Basalt Horogium 145WD contains two top-tier parts that every Blader needs to play at a high level competitively; Basalt and WD. WD is one of the best Stamina Bottoms available, and Basalt, with it's astronomical weight is indisputably the best Defense Wheel to date. Horogium, while a non-essential part, does have use as a good alternative to Pisces for exposing Screw's slopes. Every Blader should own at least one of this Beyblade.

This is my first Beywiki draft so please give me lots of criticism! I'm waiting...

Hey bro, the stuff that is in bold AND underlined are the things I edited.
Your edits are absolutely unnecessary and I'm not even sure what the 145 section is supposed to be - a joke? Pegasis is not a valid thing anymore, 145 is not a valid track if you have a gimmick 145 available, etc.

Please do not make or suggest edits to things if you are not sure what you're talking about.
I think he is looking at some of the other posted Beywiki articles in the 145 track section, which need to be updated (Earth Aquila, Vulcan Horuseus, etc.).
I did know what I was talking about, and exactly, Futomos. Pegasis still does attack aggressively when used with the 145 Track. I do understand that the non-gimmicked 145 track is not used very often. I just don't want the 145 non-gimmicked track to be completely undermined, since it is still a top-tier track.
(Nov. 04, 2011  4:10 AM)Ryu13 Wrote: I did know what I was talking about, and exactly, Futomos. Pegasis still does attack aggressively when used with the 145 Track. I do understand that the non-gimmicked 145 track is not used very often. I just don't want the 145 non-gimmicked track to be completely undermined, since it is still a top-tier track.

You're recommending a combo from Metal System in the 4D era.

Pegasis is no longer competitive and deserves no mention on any article but its own. 145 is no longer competitive and deserves to have that mentioned. The 145 article, along with most other tracks and such from days gone by, need updating.

Moreover, the 145 track is not what makes Pegasis "attack aggressively" - it's the tip.

and, finally, you specifically mentioned that it performs exceptionally well in the combo you listed - against what, then, does it perform exceptionally well, hmm? Find me one modern Defense combo that it performs well against - bonus points for performing better than current Attack wheels, which are absolutely infinitely better.
(Nov. 04, 2011  4:13 AM)Hazel Wrote:
(Nov. 04, 2011  4:10 AM)Ryu13 Wrote: I did know what I was talking about, and exactly, Futomos. Pegasis still does attack aggressively when used with the 145 Track. I do understand that the non-gimmicked 145 track is not used very often. I just don't want the 145 non-gimmicked track to be completely undermined, since it is still a top-tier track.

You're recommending a combo from Metal System in the 4D era.

Pegasis is no longer competitive and deserves no mention on any article but its own. 145 is no longer competitive and deserves to have that mentioned. The 145 article, along with most other tracks and such from days gone by, need updating.

Moreover, the 145 track is not what makes Pegasis "attack aggressively" - it's the tip.

and, finally, you specifically mentioned that it performs exceptionally well in the combo you listed - against what, then, does it perform exceptionally well, hmm? Find me one modern Defense combo that it performs well against - bonus points for performing better than current Attack wheels, which are absolutely infinitely better.

What if we're in the 4D era? So what? Doesn't mean that we can't use some old combos that still work. 145 for me is still competitive. It still works well and should have that mentioned. Great performance should not be ignored, even if it is older. And yes, I worded the part about 145 making Pegasis attack aggressively wrongly. I mean the RF tip, but the 145 assists greatly in that aspect.

Finally, no one in their right mind would put an attack type against a defense type. I did not say that Pegasis was the greatest attack wheel. In fact, it is greatly outclassed, but it is still a memorable combo, and there must be a reason that that combo is still said in the older articles. To add to that, those articles have been updated, and I know because it already has said the Hasbro renames on there. There is a reason that it was not changed. Otherwise it was a mistake. I still believe it to be a good combo. And once again: No one would put an attack type Beyblade against a defense type Beyblade. The attack type would rarely win unless by sheer luck, or a faulty piece on the defense Beyblade.

And I will stop here, unless you would like to continue. If you want to continue, let us discuss this via private message. After all, this is not a chat room, and we are filling this up with "spam." This is after all about the Basalt Horogium 145WD Draft, not solely on the 145 Track.
I think it's perfectly relevant.

You go from saying it's completely competitive to saying it's far outclassed, and cannot even beat a defense type. We have several attackers right now that can beat the strongest defense types with relative ease.
Really? Well. I didn't know that. I never really said that it was completely competitive. It is a competitive combo, but it's an outclassed combo. I just feel the need to say that in case no other metal wheels are available. True greatness should never be ignored.
Stop back-tracking, read the Beywiki and read the customizations forum.

The posts you're making are nonsense, so it is better you learn and once you're actually comfortable, start posting.
You said it yourself, Ryu13. The combo is outclassed. And, we here on WBO look to the present more than anything else. Saying 'It was great before' would not qualify as a suitable reason. Also, referring to the quote you presented at the end of your post, we do not ignore their greatness. Just that they have lost their past glory to the new parts. Yes, I agree that other BeyWiki articles related to 145 state that its good and also give some combos for it. But the truth is, they just aren't updated well. Smile
So, Hazel is correct. Smile

I am sorry for being off-topic.

EDIT- Whoops! Beaten by Dan!
Ok, ok. I just thought it was a suitable combo. Sorry for offending you all. And Dan, it was because I read the Beywiki that I came up with the conclusions I came up with.

Hazel is right on certain things, except the fact that the edits were unnecessary. I am a professional writer, and my grandfather is also a well-known writer and editor. He is the one who taught me, so I would not really say that the edits were unnecessary.

Like I said before, sorry for offending you. I was just trying to help. I will stop now, since I am apparently heating up the discussion.
(Nov. 04, 2011  4:34 PM)Ryu13 Wrote: Ok, ok. I just thought it was a suitable combo. Sorry for offending you all. And Dan, it was because I read the Beywiki that I came up with the conclusions I came up with.

Hazel is right on certain things, except the fact that the edits were unnecessary. I am a professional writer, and my grandfather is also a well-known writer and editor. He is the one who taught me, so I would not really say that the edits were unnecessary.

Like I said before, sorry for offending you. I was just trying to help. I will stop now, since I am apparently heating up the discussion.

get out

I don't want to bother, but you're twelve years old and your edits made no sense. period.
You are not a professional writer and even if your grandfather taught you to write and taught you karate and gave you a Dragoon bit-beast it still takes years of writing to develop a style which fits you and is actually decent. Your edits were not decent or necessary at al.
They may not make sense to you, but they do to me. I understand it does take years to develop a style that is decent. I'm not saying that I'm "exceptional" or anything, but my edits actually help with the grammar in the descriptions and are more concise. The objective was not to be long and drawn-out, but to be concise and to the point. Sorry if I offended you. Now, if you want to continue this discussion, let us do it via private message, because this is filling up the thread with useless posts.
(Mar. 14, 2011  1:34 AM)Mr. N Wrote: Basalt Horogium 145WD

System: Hybrid Wheel System
Number: BB-104
Type: Defense

Note: Basalt Horogium was released as a starter by TAKARA-TOMY with the Light Launcher 2, while the Sonokong starter was released with the Snipe Launcher.

Basalt Horogium 145WD is the fifth and final Beyblade in the Maximum Series. Basalt Horogium 145WD's "gimmick" is the "maximum weight" of its Metal Wheel.

Name Change
Basalt Horogium 145WD was released by Hasbro as Twisted Tempo 145WD.

Face: Horogium
Weight: 1.05 Grams

The Face on this Beyblade depicts Horologium, one of the 88 constellations in space. Horologium is the pendulum clock constellation.

Clear Wheel: Horogium
Weight: 2.71 Grams

The Horogium Clear Wheel was released in a grayish-blue color. It is gear shaped, with white Roman Numerals reminiscent of a clock decorating the circumference. However, there is a rectangular gap where "III" is supposed to be and 2 clock hands causing irregular weight distribution. Therefore, this Clear Wheel shouldn't be used in any Defense or Stamina combos. However, Horogium exposes the slopes on the Screw Metal Wheel, and can be used in the Attack custom described below.

Use In Attack Customization

Though Pisces exposes Screw better than Horogium, it can still be used in the Attack custom MF Screw Horogium 90RF.

Basalt is a completely circular Wheel, with sets of indents distributed around it's circumference, and is almost cylindrical in it's thickness, part of which overhangs the Track being used in conjunction with it.

Basalt is a member of the Maximum Series, with it's "gimmick" being "maximum weight". It is the heaviest Metal Wheel ever created; much heavier and thicker than even the infamous Libra. Basalt's circular nature, in combination with it's abnormally heavy weight make it without a doubt, the absolute best Wheel for Defense customizations.

However, all Basalt Wheels are missing from the interior of the Wheel a chunk of metal which forms what is called the "Spiral Staircase of Death". The "Spiral Staircase of Death" was meant to neuter Basalt's incredibly high power slightly by creating an imbalance within the Wheel. While this imbalance does indeed occur, it is not a notable hindrance to it's usefulness. In fact, despite the imbalance/wobbling caused by the "Spiral Staircase of Death", Basalt also has strong Stamina, although it has since been outclassed by Scythe and Phantom.The imbalance/wobbling caused by the "Spiral Staircase of Death" does contribute slightly to the recoil Basalt suffers, but again, this is not a huge hindrance to it's usefulness.

Although Basalt has recoil because of the metal missing from the wheel, its sheer weight alone makes Basalt more effective than Earth and even Libra at Defense. Its capabilities can be utilized in the staple custom MF-H Basalt Bull BD145MB.

Basalt may have a bad solo-spin time, but nevertheless, it's Stamina in battle is impressive. In addition, it's recoil reduces the opponent's rotation speed and can sometimes knock it out. Basalt's Stamina ability can be used to great effect in the custom Basalt Bull AD145WD.

Track: 145
Weight: 1.47 Grams

This track is a regular, non-gimmicked track at the 145 height. It can be used in Stamina customs to great effect to to its tall height, but has been outclassed for wobbler customs by 230. It used to be on par for Stamina customs with DF145, but AD145 offers better Stamina on a 145 height, and 85 offers better Stamina in general. Thus, it's outclassed.

If AD145, 85, and 230 aren't accessible, 145 still can be used in the custom Phantom Bull 145WD. Though outclassed, it is still good.

Bottom: Wide Defense
Weight: 0.81

Wide Defense, as its name implies is the widest of the “Defense” series of Bottoms (D, SD, WD, EWD, W²D and PD). This brings numerous advantages, but also some disadvantages when compared to the other “Defense” Bottoms. Many people choose WD over SD because of better balance, and better spin times. Also, because of its massive width that reaches the edge of the Bottom's perimeter, it is able to wobble at a significantly larger angle for a longer period of time than D, SD, or PD, and at a much lower spin rate. This can be advantageous in many battles, particularly those between two Stamina types when they are about to topple over; however, if you happen to have a weaker shot than your opponent who is using something such as Burn Bull AD145SD, WDs low spin rate towards the end of the battle will make it extremely easy for the opponent to knock it completely over. This low spin rate towards the end of the battle is created because in the process of wobbling at such a large angle, more friction is made with the stadium floor, thus decreasing its Stamina. This is all avoidable however if your shot is at least as powerful as your opponent, as the extra time it is able to spin on an angle will allow you to narrowly outspin your D or SD based opponent.

WD is arguably the best of the "Defense" series, and can be used in the custom Scythe Kronos AD145WD.

Other Versions

Vulcan Horogium BD145RS - Random Booster Vol.7 Beat Lynx
MF-H Basalt Horogium 130RS - Strongest Blader Set

Overall
Basalt Horogium 145WD contains two top-tier parts that every Blader needs to play at a high level competitively; Basalt and WD. WD is one of the best Stamina Bottoms available, and Basalt, with it's astronomical weight is indisputably the best Defense Wheel to date. Horogium, while a non-essential part, does have use as a good alternative to Pisces for exposing Screw's slopes. Every Blader should own at least one of this Beyblade.

Alright, I've updated the article slightly to reflect the current metagame. It should be good to go.
Kei, for the WD combo, how come you didn't put Phantom AD145WD?
(Nov. 04, 2011  11:18 PM)Shabalabadoo Wrote: When it's up, do I have to put the pictures on, or is it possible for someone else do it with this link?

If Kei wants, I can do it if he's lacking on time.
I actually mean is it actually possible for that to happen.

Am I the only person that is able to put them up? I guess that's better wording.

But by the sound of that, it's obviously possible, hahaha.
Anyone who can save the images and upload them to the Beywiki can do it, really.
(Nov. 04, 2011  11:40 PM)KiLL_SwiTcH Wrote: Kei, for the WD combo, how come you didn't put Phantom AD145WD?

I listed a Phantom custom earlier in the article, so I just figured I would switch it up a bit haha. The combinations listed in sections like that do not necessarily have to be the best one's available.
Quote:Basalt Horogium 145WD

Basalt is a completely circular Metal Wheel [Wheels are part of the Metal System] , with sets of indents distributed around its circumference, and is almost cylindrical in its thickness, part of which overhangs the Track being used in conjunction with it.

Basalt is a member of the Maximum Series, with its "gimmick" being "maximum weight". It is the heaviest Metal Wheel ever created; much heavier and thicker than even the infamous Libra. Basalt's circular nature, in combination with its abnormally heavy weight make it without a doubt, the absolute best Metal Wheel for Defense customizations.

However, allBasalt is missing a chunk of metal inside its perimeter which forms what is called the "Spiral Staircase of Death". The "Spiral Staircase of Death" was meant to neuter Basalt's incredibly high power slightly by creating an imbalance within the Wheel. While this imbalance does indeed occur, it is not a notable hindrance to its usefulness. In fact, despite the imbalance/wobbling caused by the "Spiral Staircase of Death", Basalt also has strong Stamina, although it has since been outclassed by Scythe and Phantom.The imbalance/wobbling caused by the "Spiral Staircase of Death" does contribute slightly to the recoil Basalt suffers, but again, this is not a huge hindrance to its usefulness.

Although Basalt has recoil because of the metal missing from the wheel, its sheer weight alone makes Basalt more effective than Earth and even Libra at Defense. Its capabilities can be utilized in the staple custom MF-H Basalt Bull BD145MB.

Basalt may have a bad solo-spin time, but nevertheless, its Stamina in battle is impressive. In addition, its recoil reduces the opponent's rotation speed and can sometimes knock it out. Basalt's Stamina ability can be used to great effect in the custom Basalt Bull AD145WD.

Overall
Basalt Horogium 145WD contains two top-tier parts that every Blader needs to play at a high level competitively; Basalt and WD. WD is one of the best Stamina Bottoms available, and Basalt, with its astronomical weight is indisputably the best Defense Wheel to date. Horogium, while a non-essential part, does have use as a good alternative to Pisces for exposing Screw's slopes. Every Blader should own at least one of this Beyblade.
Just a few things I've noted.
Is Screw really good for Attack anymore? With VariAres and Blitz Unicorno, I don't really feel that the Screw combo is worth mentioning anymore.

Also, shouldn't TH170 be mentioned in the "Use in Defense Customization" section?
BD145 would be purer defense than TH170 Tongue_out

Is it up yet, N?
I'm working on it, but I have to take a break from it right now. It'll probably be up by tonight.