Basalt Bull 230AS

hey, kcpj, how tall is AS compared to cs?
@SSJFisherman Either way I wouldn;t expect AS to perform better than AS until maybe he posts his results against it.

Anyways I heard AS was terrible, but I guess not in terms of Stamina. I've heard the tip is extremely easy to get pushed around.... But with a Basalt wheel on it probably not.
CS is like on milimeter taller maybe,but i would say they are equal i hope this test gets could results,im going to test AS & CS against Hell Kerbexs BD145EWD
Sounds good, I'd hate for AS to be better, but if this is actually a wobbler then that is great.
This combo is indeed a wobbler.
That's what i'm afraid of, if low attackers get a decent smash this building is going down...
If this wobbles, attack types are going down -literally- as Basalt smashes its raw weight upon them..
Guys let's not forget "D" here. It OSes CS in tournaments without a problem - What cancels it out on "solo" testing?

With constant variables, D outperforms CS with a good tilted shot - Could we see these results done with a direct parallel with Basalt Bull 230D? I expect easy 100% win rates but it may be a notch lower.

Also I believe you should try MF-H on your AS combo to introduce wider win rates/margins.

- If AS is what it looks like, it could fall into the trap that WD/EWD/PD falls into - Sliding on low angular velocity. With a Basalt 230D/CS at a more comparable height, you can compare.
ok results are up,and next i will compare D
(Mar. 24, 2011  11:10 PM)Bluezee Wrote: This combo is indeed a wobbler.

Then maybe we should try it with the Gill or Horoguim CW's, to make the combo wobble more, because of the imbalance.
The problem with D is that an Attacker could easily take care of it, no?
this mf-h less combo could be koed too with a good height. however arnt these 230 all to OS other traditional stamina? Therefore to tain cs and perhaps As could be D. D can be KOed but lets not forget the mass of mfh and basalt. The triangle attack>stam>def.
Attack>Stamina>Defense>Attack.
I always thought that as most 230's meet between Stamina and Defense that they were meant to be all around safe beys to use against all types, and they are.
This combo has to be the best combo I have seen yet from you kcpj! In fact, its is clearly better than ALL top-tiers at the moment, even the potential ones. 230CS variants clearly fail compared to this. The tower doesn't need balance after all. The only thing I can see countering this would be my Hammer combo. Other than that, you have yourself something extremely good. Congratulations!
this combo is also good for knock outs,if you watch the AS vs CS vid,it shows Hell kerbecs BD145EWD being knocked out 5 times because if it backs up and then leans,which it does alot,it gains alot of charge hitting the bey out
(Mar. 25, 2011  1:44 AM)Bluezee Wrote: This combo has to be the best combo I have seen yet from you kcpj! In fact, its is clearly better than ALL top-tiers at the moment, even the potential ones. 230CS variants clearly fail compared to this. The tower doesn't need balance after all. The only thing I can see countering this would be my Hammer combo. Other than that, you have yourself something extremely good. Congratulations!

Good, and better than all top tiers is very different.

I wouldn't be so quick to jump on top tiers just because they're mainstream/whatnot.
actually its is better than all top tiers,think about it
(Mar. 25, 2011  2:11 AM)kcpj Wrote: this combo is also good for knock outs,if you watch the AS vs CS vid,it shows Hell kerbecs BD145EWD being knocked out 5 times because if it backs up and then leans,which it does alot,it gains alot of charge hitting the bey out

Being CS' advocate: That is not uncommon at all with Basalt on 230, in fact I was doing Hell Kerbecs stamina tests against Basalt 230CS and exactly 5 KO's as well. Those tips are of the same series which tend to mean they share similar characteristics and habits.
(Mar. 25, 2011  3:06 AM)momiji manju Wrote:
(Mar. 25, 2011  1:44 AM)Bluezee Wrote: This combo has to be the best combo I have seen yet from you kcpj! In fact, its is clearly better than ALL top-tiers at the moment, even the potential ones. 230CS variants clearly fail compared to this. The tower doesn't need balance after all. The only thing I can see countering this would be my Hammer combo. Other than that, you have yourself something extremely good. Congratulations!

I wouldn't be so quick to jump on top tiers just because they're mainstream/whatnot.

Ok then since there is a debate then I will be completely clear and blunt about it. NOTHING on the current top tier list can beat this. Destabilizers won't do a thing considering the combo is already made to wobble. Defenders fall way too easily against this. Stamina types on all the top tier tracks and bottoms fall to this. The only thing that has not ben tested with this is attackers but I can guarantee that they will fall just as badly. Most of them already suffer from 230. What do you posibly think they will change?
Basalt Bull 230 AS can easily lose to Basalt Bull 230 CS
(Mar. 25, 2011  11:44 AM)Bluezee Wrote: Ok then since there is a debate then I will be completely clear and blunt about it. NOTHING on the current top tier list can beat this. Destabilizers won't do a thing considering the combo is already made to wobble. Defenders fall way too easily against this. Stamina types on all the top tier tracks and bottoms fall to this. The only thing that has not ben tested with this is attackers but I can guarantee that they will fall just as badly. Most of them already suffer from 230. What do you posibly think they will change?

again; that is not exclusive to this specific combo. This combo isn't god send, Basalt 230CS already does what you just stated.. wobbling; cool. I find that Basalts wonky distribution puts CS on an aggressive tilt, reeking havoc upon all combos (KO'ing them.) and it also has its share of wobbling too. From what I see in his video, CS decimated AS..
(Mar. 25, 2011  2:22 PM)Dan Wrote:
(Mar. 25, 2011  11:44 AM)Bluezee Wrote: Ok then since there is a debate then I will be completely clear and blunt about it. NOTHING on the current top tier list can beat this. Destabilizers won't do a thing considering the combo is already made to wobble. Defenders fall way too easily against this. Stamina types on all the top tier tracks and bottoms fall to this. The only thing that has not ben tested with this is attackers but I can guarantee that they will fall just as badly. Most of them already suffer from 230. What do you posibly think they will change?

again; that is not exclusive to this specific combo. This combo isn't god send, Basalt 230CS already does what you just stated.. wobbling; cool. I find that Basalts wonky distribution puts CS on an aggressive tilt, reeking havoc upon all combos (KO'ing them.) and it also has its share of wobbling too. From what I see in his video, CS decimated AS..
The fact that this combo achieved a better win rate than CS should be more than enough evidence to prove its superiority. CS is a highly situational part. One hit could send it out of control and if it is launched incorrectly, you will be a sitting duck and get destroyed. I have seen this personally way too many times. Also, you can end up getting a bad mold of CS and it would not serve the purpose you want it to. There are no bad molds of AS.
(Mar. 25, 2011  11:44 AM)Bluezee Wrote:
(Mar. 25, 2011  3:06 AM)momiji manju Wrote:

Ok then since there is a debate then I will be completely clear and blunt about it. NOTHING on the current top tier list can beat this. Destabilizers won't do a thing considering the combo is already made to wobble. Defenders fall way too easily against this. Stamina types on all the top tier tracks and bottoms fall to this. The only thing that has not ben tested with this is attackers but I can guarantee that they will fall just as badly. Most of them already suffer from 230. What do you posibly think they will change?

Says the one who was once so against presumptions?

Or is it that it only applies when you're applauding an "obscure" combo?

There hasn't been that much testing of this, so you can't say that.

As was stated a long time ago, attack types easily beat 230 when on the 145 height.
Okay, that could very well be true. Can you say it does better? I haven't seen any comparative tests except for the video, where AS was creamed. AS hasn't been tested too much so we cannot say much for mold. (Though I do not think that is the proper word for this since we haven't really designated actual mold differences it either attacks or not, on rare occasion you get a mix.) In the right, experienced hands you do know how to control CS, it is not difficult. No matter what 'mold' CS it will always have better grip and in some cases, that is all that matters with Basalts erratic traits. I can do some tests for you, (though not GB145 until later today.) with CS compared to AS.
(Mar. 25, 2011  3:22 AM)kcpj Wrote: actually its is better than all top tiers,think about it

Firstly no it isn't and secondly the tier list is inaccurate due to the fact that it needs to be updated.