Banning light blue Dark Deathscyther?

messing around with my Blue D2, it almost isn't stick anymore, the only way it's sticky is sometimes when I open it by myself.

Please note my blue D2 is almost new, I used it a couple of times only
I have to state i gor the black one (the original) and get that issues when i open it the first time hard to assemble and disassemble. Also never jump when get no teeth on the driver. But after a couple of assembling and disassmbling it and test it with launched it became less sticky at a normal point. So i think its just how they have polished the parts when they bild it and when it get really polished by used it felt normal
After obtaining my 2 yellow and 1 blue D2 I had the "sticky" teeth issue but it didn't last long.

Interms of banning either of those recolor layer it doesn't make sense while D2 teeth is wearing down overtime. If it was up to the decision of the judge whether the person should or shouldn't use that kind of D2 because we would have to turn the D2 several time to ensure it doesn't stick at the end. Therefore we the judge shouldn't be doing something like that if that the case. It's completely unfair for the D2 user with his or her teeth being worn down becsuse we had to constantly click D2 several times.

Even L2 been released I believe the game is completely balanced right now in terms of D2 dominance now days
Not at all, Lost Longinus can still struggle against Dark Deathscyther...
Im actually annoyed this is still a debate. Have the judge check if the D2 is sticky or not if its not then its fine it clearly becomes un sticky after use
(Feb. 01, 2017  10:59 PM)Naru Blader Wrote: Im actually annoyed this is still a debate. Have the judge check if the D2 is sticky or not if its not then its fine it clearly becomes un sticky after use

It became a debate actually because of you, since you kept saying it was a non-issue, hah.
Have we found that the blue and yellow D2s become less sticky over time? Mine are still a little sticky, I guess, but I don't often use D2 and I'm wondering if that's why, and they just haven't had a chance to loosen.

For the record, I don't see D2 becoming any sort of powerhouse because of this. It's possible that the yellow and blue ones might burst less often than the other colours, but I find that the teal and blue deathscythers burst less than their black counterparts as well even if they're not visibly tighter or anything...
Well what ever, Kai-V clearly wants to ban it. And I'm not the only one who has said it becomes less sticky.
(Feb. 02, 2017  1:14 AM)Naru Blader Wrote: Well what ever, Kai-V clearly wants to ban it. And I'm not the only one who has said it becomes less sticky.

She does not want to clearly ban it she started this discussion as this could've become a potential problem in a tournament I would suggest your not to post in this thread unless you have anything further to add.

My opinion on this
Yes this can become a problem as d2 nearly is game breaking as is we just have to find a criteria to how much stickiness is illegal to go from as different judges will have different opinions getting the judge to check it seems like a good idea but as previously stated could become difficult to find a standard
(Feb. 02, 2017  12:44 AM)cadney Wrote: Have we found that the blue and yellow D2s become less sticky over time? Mine are still a little sticky, I guess, but I don't often use D2 and I'm wondering if that's why, and they just haven't had a chance to loosen.

For the record, I don't see D2 becoming any sort of powerhouse because of this. It's possible that the yellow and blue ones might burst less often than the other colours, but I find that the teal and blue deathscythers burst less than their black counterparts as well even if they're not visibly tighter or anything...

Mine definitely became less sticky after just a couple times putting them together/taking them apart. If it was up to me based on my experience, I would say that we take no action because I've personally not seen any evidence that the sticky-ness has any tangible in-battle effects, but apparently a few people have so we have to consider that when deciding how to proceed to ensure the integrity of Burst Format is maintained.
mj9, this is not a big deal. I personally have seen no difference in the performance and it definitely does not have any superiority compared to the OG black. As Kei just mentioned he saw no difference, as well as the majority of other people who have posted on this thread also mentioned.
Honestly, It's a similar story to a part like valkyrie. It starts off top tier, but the teethical wear down to the point where it is useless. People will always get new ones in order to win after a new one does, until they are discontinued. The problem is that people always get new parts in order to solidify their combos.
I decided to double post this to put my alternate suggestion, but what if tomy D2 was treated like a Hasbro layer? The teeth on Hasbro drivers are naturally shorter, so I think this would allow D2 to simply be nerfed instead of banned altogether.
(Feb. 08, 2017  5:19 PM)Sıon Wrote: I decided to double post this to put my alternate suggestion, but what if tomy D2 was treated like a Hasbro layer? The teeth on Hasbro drivers are naturally shorter, so I think this would allow D2 to simply be nerfed instead of banned altogether.

That's a creative idea, but I'm pretty sure that the teeth on these D2 aren't necessarily bigger than other D2.

In any case, we'll have our decision on this posted soon along with a few other unrelated ruling clarifications.
I think we should just give my driver suggestion a fair shot via an experimental nerfed dark deathscyther battles.

I would've done it if I had the parts, but unfortunately, I only have up to b-15 in terms of my collection.
Its better to have confidence in own's ability. I dont feel the Blue D2 is sticky. Even if its so, I bursted it quite a lot with stock xcalibur and beylauncher and with kerbeus. Might be one single mold of Blue D2 gets sticky, but I havent noticed in mine, whether out of the box or not, banning this will surely affect the metagame.
In my Deck, it was definitely one of the choices because of color and not teeth.

Its solely on ones ability on how we launch our beys to burst it. Its not spamming the metagame.
(Feb. 09, 2017  5:31 PM)ronitnath Wrote: Its better to have confidence in own's ability. I dont feel the Blue D2 is sticky. Even if its so, I bursted it quite a lot with stock xcalibur and beylauncher and with kerbeus. Might be one single mold of Blue D2 gets sticky, but I havent noticed in mine, whether out of the box or not, banning this will surely affect the metagame.
In my Deck, it was definitely one of the choices because of color and not teeth.

Its solely on ones ability on how we launch our beys to burst it. Its not spamming the metagame.

Your might be a good mold but there are quite a bit other people (including me) are saying they have sticky mold. Problem isn't how often someone gets a sticky mold or how many are sticky or how much it used (Lol btw I seen almost all top 3 of all Burst event happened till now after discovery of D2_O have used it. So technically it's spammed). Problem is there is chances of someone super sticky D2 mold. He will have an unfair advantage as it won't burst even after losing all clicks and even if it has counters such as Minoboros which can burst it, they can't win by Burst finish because it won't get disassembled after losing all clicks making it quite bit more harder to win (as it's can OS almost everything. I doubt anything other then Xcaliber can KO it)

BTW sorry for super huge delay but I will get video up ASAP. To say sorry for delay I will try to do some official test in video too and compare it to a non sticky D2

Tbh I think it just get stuck with some driver. For me it just happens on Orbit and Xtreme (ya I use D2 as attack lol. If possible @[ronitnath] can you try it with all drivers you have and see if it sticks?

BTW another solution to problem is to make a rule for judges to check both beys after each battle. If a bey have lost amount of click it should be busted but it's stuck. It should be declared as loss
(Feb. 09, 2017  9:05 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: (Lol btw I seen almost all top 3 of all Burst event happened till now after discovery of D2_O have used it. So technically it's spammed).

Dark Deathscyther has been "spammed" since May or June of 2016; I don't think this thread necessarily has caused an increase in usage of D2 haha.
So how does Japan not know about this phenomenon yet and how come nobody even found this outrageous the moment they realised it was happening...
(Feb. 19, 2017  1:49 AM)Kai-V Wrote: So how does Japan not know about this phenomenon yet and how come nobody even found this outrageous the moment they realised it was happening...

maybe because they already had their perfected d2s from the booster so they didn't see the need to buy random boosters for the yellow and blue and i didn't realise that the sticky issue didn't cause the Beyblade to not burst i just thought the teeth were just stiffer than normal and when Leo burst mentioned it he said it went away after a few battles
Still, it means that you have an unburstable Beyblade for a good portion of a tournament, for instance...

Apparently there is no problem with the Booster Dark Deathscyther, the black one.
I think it's interesting that there are other new beys released with this "sticky" problem.
I know this is a bit off-topic but the recent release of M2 also seems to be sticky based off LeoBurst's video.

(At 1:40 he discusses it).

I wonder what happened. Miscalculation on production molds? o_o
What the hell... Has TAKARA-TOMY decided to stop tests altogether? Surely before they were testing their parts just not extensively, but this is an issue that can be observed if you just screw and unscrew a Beyblade in your bare hands... He also seems to have used that Mad Minoboros for a few battles already, so this is not a matter of the issue resolving itself after some matches.
Manicben was using the blue D2 in our unranked tournament yesterday. We noted the stickiness problem with his fresh D2 before we started, it was definitely there. But we can also confirm that it didn't seem to have an effect on any of the results. IE: there were no times that the game ended with no bursts even though the bey had unclicked all the way.

The real problem, I think, was with basedsamurijj's M2. We tested it out with a couple of different accels (the only driver it 'sticks' with from what we could tell) and it was dang near unburstable. Important to note that I don't know if this was just the parts natural burst resistance or some interaction between it and the Accel driver. More testing is likely necessary.